• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Yeah, but we don't need to make it look like this. XD
Harmony used Air Slash!
Courage flinched!
Harmony used Air Slash!
Courage flinched!
Harmony used Air Slash!
Courage flinched!
Harmony used Air Slash!
Courage flinched!
Harmony used Air Slash!
Courage flinched!

@EeviumZ Just so I can understand... Harmony is using Fairy Wind to hold up one attack of Rock Slide, and is using Psychic to hold up a second attack of Rock Slide? Doesn't that require any concentration on the part of Harmony to keep them suspended in the air, especially with two different attacks?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Fairy Wind is long gone. From what I can understand and from what I'm visualizing, they are currently on the other end of the battlefield to where the Rock Slide originally was.

I mean Fairy Wind is a move that requires the Pokemon to flap to create, as well as using their energy to make it into a Fairy-Type attack. Psychic is all mental based. It's possible, but it's highly taxing, as it's exhausting all mental, physical, and energy levels of the Pokemon.

Buuuut that's either here nor there since apparently it's long gone.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I figured it would make sense for the wind to have halted already, because we're assuming that both fighters are on the other side of the field.
The Rock Slide appeared above Harmony's head while she was in front of Talia. Harmony used Fairy Wind and then used the rocks as a launch pad to Aerial Ace to the other side of the field. Which currently places them not far from Shiori.
Am I making sense or am I just stupid?

@EeviumZ The Life Orb boosts all attacking moves of the user by x1.3, at the cost of 1/10 of the user's health. There's an exception to the rule, that if the Pokemon has the ability Sheer Force, and the move the Pokemon is using is getting boosted by Sheer Force, the Pokemon doesn't take damage from the Life Orb.

As far as I know, Wonder Room only switches the Defense and Special Defense of all Pokemon on the field. I don't know why the Life Orb would be negated by that.

@EeviumZ The Life Orb boosts all attacking moves of the user by x1.3, at the cost of 1/10 of the user's health. There's an exception to the rule, that if the Pokemon has the ability Sheer Force, and the move the Pokemon is using is getting boosted by Sheer Force, the Pokemon doesn't take damage from the Life Orb.

As far as I know, Wonder Room only switches the Defense and Special Defense of all Pokemon on the field. I don't know why the Life Orb would be negated by that.
Are you sure about life org sheer force because I’ve done a Rampardos build with life orb and I thought it did still take damage

maybe you’re confused with the ability Magic Guard, because I know that prevents the damage but boosts the damage any way

@Frontier Master Nah, I know what I'm doing. I did a Life Orb Sheer Force build before (with Nidoqueen), and I made sure to double check it with Bulbapedia.

Direct Quote from Bulbapedia:
Generation V
The Life Orb now displays a message when it inflicts damage. If a Pokémon with Sheer Force uses a move boosted by the Ability, it does not take damage from Life Orb for that move.
I stand corrected, very nice

@Mango137 would you be willing to repeat what just happened for Ajax’s first opponent.
I.e. control an additional character who will lose in the first round.

Seeing as the person who was supposedly to be battling Ajax has left the rp
How strong do you want the opponent to be? I have a character who I’m midway through writing a mega evolution application for who’s designed to be Acacia’s rival. Obviously I wouldn’t use the mega evolution, but he’d be a very strong opponent and would probably beat some of the other trainers in the rp (though that doesn’t matter since he’d lose first round).

Also, we need to address my sadness that Acacia and Jaden are on opposite sides of the bracket.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
A'ight. Here's a super simple bio.

Name: Adelyn
List of Achievements: Johto #1-8 Gyms, Johto Top 8, Hoenn #1-8, Hoenn Top 4, Unova #1-8, Unova Victor (Lost at 2nd E4 member)
Pokemon:
Rapidash (F) (Ignis)
Scizor (M) (Acri)
Sceptile (M) (Verdance)
Staraptor (M) (Valor)
Luxray (F) (Sanda)
Chandelure (M) (Spirit)