• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

Ohhhh, I'm so sorry XD I didn't think that the online profiling system for each of our characters in RP would follow those rules. XD My bad, I'll edit that in immediately. It would be easier to do as it wouldn't make sense for my character to change it up and then later see it not accept her changes or whatever. XD It would just tell her on the spot.

smacks this down in here

Name: Atlas Bennett (Prefers just "Atty")
Title: The Creepy-Cute Connoisseur
Appearance:
750590_fggffggf.png
Outfit: As seen above. Casual and feminine, more suited for warm weather. Black crop top paired with light denim shorts, black sporty kneesocks, and white high-top sneakers. Carries a small, pink backpack with her- has a fuzzy Cutiefly keychain as a charm on one of the zippers. Almost always wears a choker.
Home town: Mistralton City, Unova

In-depth Backstory:
Born into a regular, generic household in Mistralton City, consisting of her, an older brother, a mother, and father. She left at age 12 with her Sneasel, Ruby, to begin her adventure around Unova in an attempt to collect all 8 League Badges. Returning home every so often for education purposes and holidays, seeing the entirety of Unova took some time for the fledgling trainer- but she had managed. After two years of on and off traveling and battling, Atty accumulated all 8 Unova League Badges, but passed on the actual League in favor of more travel.

With a bit of help from Professor Juniper, Atty found herself traveling to Johto not long after, filling her Pokedex and earning more badges. Although she didn't go nearly as hard as Unova, being that her time spent there was shorter (9 months) and she only decided to get about half of the 8 badges, she found a love for travel while abroad. Spending about 2 weeks in Kanto afterwards, she finally headed home to plan her next trip.

After a couple years finishing up her education and working as needed, Atty left for the tropical region of Alola, a month before her 21st birthday. Expanding her team further, she spent her time wandering, touring, relaxing, and battling instead of taking the Island Challenge. Figuring she was too old in the first place to even bother with it, her mind was set on other goals. Of course, after spending months in Alola expanding her team, as well as getting into the occasional bit of trouble here and there, her motivation has returned to satisfying her wanderlust through battle and traveling distant regions.

Team Theme: Creepy-Cute! Primarily consisting of Bugmons with two dark types, Atty tends to find appeal in Pokemon that some would traditionally consider creepy or intimidating.

Pokemon: Weavile (F)
Nickname: Ruby
Ability: Pressure
Notes: Atty's first Pokemon.

Pokemon: Scizor (F)
Nickname: Dakota
Ability: Technician
Notes: N/A

Pokemon: Scolipede (F)
Nickname: Pandora
Ability: Swarm

Pokemon: Ribombee (F, Shiny)
Nickname: Sweetie
Ability: Shield Dust
Notes: Atty's first and only shiny Pokemon.

Pokemon: Golisopod (F)
Nickname: Flower
Ability: Emergency Exit
Notes: Wears a pair of pink, silky bows on her antennae.

Pokemon: Incineroar (M)
Nickname: El Fuego
Ability: Intimidate
Notes: Caught as a stray Litten rather than given as a starter.

i adjusted her usual team a bit to fit in with the rp since 6 fully-evolved mons are needed o/

smacks this down in here

Name: Atlas Bennett (Prefers just "Atty")
Title: The Creepy-Cute Connoisseur
Appearance:
750590_fggffggf.png
Outfit: As seen above. Casual and feminine, more suited for warm weather. Black crop top paired with light denim shorts, black sporty kneesocks, and white high-top sneakers. Carries a small, pink backpack with her- has a fuzzy Cutiefly keychain as a charm on one of the zippers. Almost always wears a choker.
Home town: Mistralton City, Unova

In-depth Backstory:
Born into a regular, generic household in Mistralton City, consisting of her, an older brother, a mother, and father. She left at age 12 with her Sneasel, Ruby, to begin her adventure around Unova in an attempt to collect all 8 League Badges. Returning home every so often for education purposes and holidays, seeing the entirety of Unova took some time for the fledgling trainer- but she had managed. After two years of on and off traveling and battling, Atty accumulated all 8 Unova League Badges, but passed on the actual League in favor of more travel.

With a bit of help from Professor Juniper, Atty found herself traveling to Johto not long after, filling her Pokedex and earning more badges. Although she didn't go nearly as hard as Unova, being that her time spent there was shorter (9 months) and she only decided to get about half of the 8 badges, she found a love for travel while abroad. Spending about 2 weeks in Kanto afterwards, she finally headed home to plan her next trip.

After a couple years finishing up her education and working as needed, Atty left for the tropical region of Alola, a month before her 21st birthday. Expanding her team further, she spent her time wandering, touring, relaxing, and battling instead of taking the Island Challenge. Figuring she was too old in the first place to even bother with it, her mind was set on other goals. Of course, after spending months in Alola expanding her team, as well as getting into the occasional bit of trouble here and there, her motivation has returned to satisfying her wanderlust through battle and traveling distant regions.

Team Theme: Creepy-Cute! Primarily consisting of Bugmons with two dark types, Atty tends to find appeal in Pokemon that some would traditionally consider creepy or intimidating.

Pokemon: Weavile (F)
Nickname: Ruby
Ability: Pressure
Notes: Atty's first Pokemon.

Pokemon: Scizor (F)
Nickname: Dakota
Ability: Technician

Pokemon: Scolipede (F)
Nickname: Pandora
Ability: Swarm

Pokemon: Ribombee (F, Shiny)
Nickname: Sweetie
Ability: Shield Dust
Notes: Atty's first and only shiny Pokemon.

Pokemon: Golisopod (F)
Nickname: Flower
Ability: Emergency Exit
Notes: Wears a pair of pink, silky bows on her antennae.

Pokemon: Incineroar (M)
Nickname: El Fuego
Ability: Intimidate
Notes: Caught as a stray Litten rather than given as a starter.

i adjusted her usual team a bit to fit in with the rp since 6 fully-evolved mons are needed o/
I’m not entirely sure her backstory fits that of someone who’s meant to be a top notch Pokémon Master as this rp entails.

how so? :o she still has a full set of badges, and she's been to multiple regions + has a fully trained team, so I'm not sure I see the issue.
She has 12 badges, some people have 50.
Traveling in a region and challenging a region a very different. One is a holiday and sight seeing the other is an intensive experience with adversity,
You said it yourself that she took 7 years away from training or traveling to go to school and work. As opposed to people that have trained everyday since they got their Pokémon.

I’m concerned that your character if she was to win a battle would upset the established power scale
ie it’s VERY unlikely and unrealistic for a trainer who took SEVEN years break to defeat a Trainer who has almost 5 times as many badges and has been competing at an advanced level for several years

She has 12 badges, some people have 50.
Traveling in a region and challenging a region a very different. One is a holiday and sight seeing the other is an intensive experience with adversity,
You said it yourself that she took 7 years away from training or traveling to go to school and work. As opposed to people that have trained everyday since they got their Pokémon.

I mean I could've included all the instances where she's been offroading, camping on her own, and braving multiple elements, but I kinda wanted to save that for actual RP reveal instead of taking 10 paragraphs to describe every little thing she's done /shrug.

Plus, what's wrong with an education + work? Education is self-explanatory, and work is so she can actually afford to travel. I could easily assume your character doesn't even know basic math or history since I saw nothing about any schooling or education in your bio, you know.

She has survival skills, she's not a child, she has years of experience, and she's certainly not a bad trainer. My plan isn't for her to win, mind you. I don't *want* her to win, nor do I want her to be the best. She's only 21, and losses are learning experiences. Her biggest driving force is having fun, learning, and meeting new people + Pokemon.

I tweaked my character a tiny bit. Since we haven't gotten to the nitty gritty in the Pokemon RP yet, I decided to make her 30 instead of 25 (I don't know why I made her 25, she was originally supposed to be 30) and reapply for her Mega Gengar so I can start using it again. Once that is approved, I will add how she got the Gengarite and Key Stone and sharing how strong their bond is with you and see if you also accept it.

I mean I could've included all the instances where she's been offroading, camping on her own, and braving multiple elements, but I kinda wanted to save that for actual RP reveal instead of taking 10 paragraphs to describe every little thing she's done /shrug.

Plus, what's wrong with an education + work? Education is self-explanatory, and work is so she can actually afford to travel. I could easily assume your character doesn't even know basic math or history since I saw nothing about any schooling or education in your bio, you know.

She has survival skills, she's not a child, she has years of experience, and she's certainly not a bad trainer. My plan isn't for her to win, mind you. I don't *want* her to win, nor do I want her to be the best. She's only 21, and losses are learning experiences. Her biggest driving force is having fun, learning, and meeting new people + Pokemon.
A Backstory is the opportunity to introduce Relevant information about your character, I don’t really care about what they had for breakfast last Tuesday, unless that breakfast changed who they are as a person.

Nothing wrong with school and work but for some others that time has been devoted to training so it makes sense that their skills may be at greater level than Atty’s

Touching on your point because it’s a good chance for greater character exploration.
Ajax is a child of a hundred parents as some may put it, he picked up little things from all his foster parents but in a way you are correct. He hasn’t had any real form of continuous or formal education, his math skills are barely passable, history only ever made sense to him in terms of people telling their own history or the history of the area rather than learning about the 3rd Kanto-Johto war etc.

If you want to use this rp as a source of character development that’s great. I just wanted to be honest with you, in hopes you understood Atty’s low chance of actually winning the tournament.

Or you could just have your 10 year old character work in the highest regarded Pokémon lab for two years before exploring... wait

My point though is Acacia received a good education, but it wasn’t relevant so it’s only one paragraph whereas everything else is about battling. I think Frontier Master’s point is that this is a very battle centric rp so that should be the priority in backstories

A Backstory is the opportunity to introduce Relevant information about your character, I don’t really care about what they had for breakfast last Tuesday, unless that breakfast changed who they are as a person.

Nothing wrong with school and work but for some others that time has been devoted to training so it makes sense that their skills may be at greater level than Atty’s

Touching on your point because it’s a good chance for greater character exploration.
Ajax is a child of a hundred parents as some may put it, he picked up little things from all his foster parents but in a way you are correct. He hasn’t had any real form of continuous or formal education, his math skills are barely passable, history only ever made sense to him in terms of people telling their own history or the history of the area rather than learning about the 3rd Kanto-Johto war etc.

If you want to use this rp as a source of character development that’s great. I just wanted to be honest with you, in hopes you understood Atty’s low chance of actually winning the tournament.

well yeah, I'm basically saying I want Atty to lose. In every league rp theres gonna be one winner and everyone else losers, so that's what Atty is going to be.

if you want me to actually clarify, then: no, Atty's visitations and travels around the regions she goes to are not pure "vacations". She's climbed mountains and trudged through canyons, traversed deep caves and forests, and braved extreme elements with her team at her side. If anything, she prefers wild battles because that gives a sense that anything could happen- instead of regulated battles with rules and set teams. And that's where a majority of her experience lies. Simply being able to understand the actual world around her and utilize survival skills, because that's whats fun to her.

Which isn't to say she doesn't bother with regulated battles and the such. She has a full Unovan set of badges after all. It's not that she can't go out and get badges, but she chooses not to in favor of exploring, say, something like Mt. Silver instead of bothering with Claire. Going off of that, it's not like she absolutely stopped training and traveling when she decided to go back to Unova. Training every day would be too much of a strain on both her and her Pokemon. Like actual animals, they require enrichment, but too large of pushes can be detrimental to their health. So yes, she trained while at home and even took a couple weeks off here and there to re-venture Unova, but not *every* day.

On the topic then, it's worth mentioning then that her education revolves around Entomology and Art, considering that's where her passions lie (also inspired by Burgh). While her love for the arts doesn't always matter in battle, her studies in Entomology let her understand her team better since so many of them are bugs. I would've preferred going into detail on this stuff in an actual RP, but since I'm being prodded to reveal everything here- there you go.

well yeah, I'm basically saying I want Atty to lose. In every league rp theres gonna be one winner and everyone else losers, so that's what Atty is going to be.

if you want me to actually clarify, then: no, Atty's visitations and travels around the regions she goes to are not pure "vacations". She's climbed mountains and trudged through canyons, traversed deep caves and forests, and braved extreme elements with her team at her side. If anything, she prefers wild battles because that gives a sense that anything could happen- instead of regulated battles with rules and set teams. And that's where a majority of her experience lies. Simply being able to understand the actual world around her and utilize survival skills, because that's whats fun to her.

Which isn't to say she doesn't bother with regulated battles and the such. She has a full Unovan set of badges after all. It's not that she can't go out and get badges, but she chooses not to in favor of exploring, say, something like Mt. Silver instead of bothering with Claire. Going off of that, it's not like she absolutely stopped training and traveling when she decided to go back to Unova. Training every day would be too much of a strain on both her and her Pokemon. Like actual animals, they require enrichment, but too large of pushes can be detrimental to their health. So yes, she trained while at home and even took a couple weeks off here and there to re-venture Unova, but not *every* day.

On the topic then, it's worth mentioning then that her education revolves around Entomology and Art, considering that's where her passions lie (also inspired by Burgh). While her love for the arts doesn't always matter in battle, her studies in Entomology let her understand her team better since so many of them are bugs. I would've preferred going into detail on this stuff in an actual RP, but since I'm being prodded to reveal everything here- there you go.
I need something more than an otherwise standard bio. Everyone else’s was very unique so I was pushing you to reveal if Atty was the same or just a generic trainer. I wanted to be sure Atty’s story and character could hold up against the others

I need something more than an otherwise standard bio. Everyone else’s was very unique so I was pushing you to reveal if Atty was the same or just a generic trainer. I wanted to be sure Atty’s story and character could hold up against the others

Then in that case I apologize. I figured what I had written would be enough while still leaving a reader with curiosity and questions, since that's what I'm mostly used to in terms of RP. I try to keep my bios more streamlined as not not overwhelm myself or others with too much information, but I see now though more detail is encouraged/required in this RP. It's not that I cant write a detailed bio, I just prefer saving my energy for actual RP.

Hey, Captain Cardboard, would you like our characters to actually know each other in the RP? Since Angel has known both Shiori and Shade, it could make sense that they'd know each other too. I was mainly making Shade recognize Shiori due to the movies XD

Yea XD that happened. If you want, we can make that a thing that happened. We can just say it was a tournament from long ago that they can't remember where it took place. XD

For contests? If so, then Shade may recognize her as well due to her liking to watch TV shows and performances on the side while she works. Plus, one of her brothers and sisters are all about contests, so she likely wouldn't be able to get away from your character. XD

I'm not sure how well known my character is. She may be seen with some professors as she works along with them and she has made a couple of reports on her findings, but overall, unless your character likes to read the latest in science findings, she will likely not be known. Although, she did appear on TV for Contest shows, she appears drastically different on there and uses a completely separate team to use for contests.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia’s most well known for her music production, but is relatively well known for her unique Contest and Performance style - incorporating music into her performances.

Just start writing in the RP anyway, and don't mention that your character has a Mega. Then if the mega gets accepted, your character can eventually talk about their Mega (if they want). But if it doesn't, then no harm and no foul.

Wow, I didn't realize I was in line for this. XD Just be patient. The guy has a full-time job away from Pokecharms and will find time for each and every one of us. I'm assuming it takes some time to read and decide, whether by himself or other staff, about how to go about our applications. Just act like your characters in the RP don't have the Mega stuff for now and then reveal (after they have been approved) that they have the stuff. If not, then no biggie. You can always regroup and try again at a later date. :)

If it has been a couple weeks, then maybe bumping the conversation again would be a good idea so that he won't forget. XD

When I last had this character approved for a Mega, it took a good week or two, if I recall correctly. Reapplying shouldn't take too long for him, hopefully.

I wanted to ask before posting a character application. The roleplay is set to closed/private, while this thread is still set to ask to join. Are you still willing to accept people for this roleplay, or are there enough people currently?
Still interested? if so that puts our total numbers up to 7 so I'll give someone an NPC opponent so we can get started with th battles right away.
If you aren't interested, don't worry I'll just give two people NPC opponents

Name: Rivial Mardy a.k.a Riv
Title: Quake Master
Appearance: Semi-Dark skinned with green eyes and brown curly hair. Short but slim build.
Outfit: Wears a grey shirt and grey shorts, both with yellow lining. Wears grey trainers and glasses. Usually wears a cravat around his neck.
Home town: Slateport City, Hoenn

In-depth Backstory: As a kid Riv was not sure whether to become a pokemon trainer or not. After years of wondering, Riv got a Mudkip at 12 and set of on his journey to become the champion. He battled over 40 gyms in multiple regions in order to achieve his goal.When he returned to Hoenn he got a job as an excavator with the help with his pokemon. He took this as a chance of training his pokemon to the max. He also trained his ghosts pokemon by letting them battle in the buildings that were being destroyed.

Team Theme: Haunters and Diggers

Pokemon: Swampert (M)
Nickname: Doro
Ability: Torrent
Notes: Riv's starter Pokemon.

Pokemon: Golurk (F)
Nickname: Goremu
Ability: Iron Fist
Notes:

Pokemon: Excadrill (M)
Nickname: Kussaku-Ki
Ability: Sand Force
Notes:

Pokemon: Jellicent (F, Shiny)
Nickname: Kurage
Ability: Cursed body
Notes: Found as a frillish in the water main pipe

Pokemon: Palossand (F)
Nickname: Suna
Ability: Water Compaction
Notes:

Pokemon: Aegislash (M)
Nickname: Ken-no-tate
Ability: Stance Change
Notes:

All of the nicknames are Japanese. Just use translate

@Merciless Medic I feel like having 30+ moves on most of your Pokémon (with 47 on raichu) is really excessive and abuses the no move limit aspect. The no limit is there so we don’t have to feel restrained by a mere four moves, not so we can create unrealistic powerhouses that have coverage for every situation. Also I feel an important part of battle strategy is selecting your move pool, an aspect that is completely destroyed by having every move for any situation. Not to mention some of your Pokémon like raichu and bisharp know a combination of egg moves that isn’t even possible.

I do like the idea of specifying moves beforehand as that prevents just adding in moves that the Pokémon probably wouldn’t have known just to react to a specific situation. I would recommend about a 12 move limit, that way we don’t feel restrained but we also have to make some decisions regarding moveset.