• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League - Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She did. Forgot to specify that, sorry.
Also, the vortex is not really intended to cause a whole lot of damage (although Quagsire is weak to Grass, which is why it was chosen over, say, Shadow Ball) - it’s mainly meant for disorientation - and if it causes damage, that’s a bonus.

Name: Alya Flaison
Title: The Quiet Grass Master
Appearance: Has brown hair that reaches her waist, hazel eyes and has the normal size of a 16 year old. Light freckles cover her face and her voice is light and friendly. Rarely gets mad, but it's bad when she does.
Outfit: A long green sundress, which was hand made by her mother to be extra airy, a red headband with a hand picked sunflower on it, and slick green flat shoes. She has white socks on, too.
Home town: Sinnoh, Eterna City.
Occupation: Occasionally helps Gardenia in her Gym. When she isn't doing that, she's selling flowers with her mom.

In-depth Backstory:
Alya, as I mentioned, was born in Eterna City in Sinnoh. She is actually a close friends with the town's gym leader, but back to the Backstory. She lived fine until she was 8, when her family's Luxray went missing. They later found it was kidnapped by a Galactic grunt and Alya was scarred by this. She eventually travelled around Sinnoh and found some Grass type Pokemon so she could get her family's companion home, which she did. Her family was ecstatic. After she became 15, she received her invitation to the tournament and she responded the year after. Fortunately, they were still accepting entries and she was able to make her way there. What's with the year wait? Well, she was filling in shifts for Gardenia, the city's gym leader, at her gym. As a reward, she got a bunch of grass types from other regions as a gift. She's a little sad to have left, but glory will bring her back home for a better life. Not that it's bad, of course.

Team Theme:
Elegant Grass Types

Pokemon: Roserade
Nickname: Maria
Ability: Natural Cure
Notes: Quite timid, but has trust in anyone she meets.

Pokemon: Cherrim
Nickname: Bloom
Ability: Flower Gift
Notes: Loves winning, and can be feisty at times. Normally very quiet.

Pokemon: Leafeon
Nickname: Rookie
Ability: Leaf Guard
Notes: Likes being alone but feels safe with Tank near him. Often rests on his back for shelter and rest.

Pokemon: Torterra
Nickname: Tank
Ability: Overgrow
Notes: Got from Gardenia for helping her. He has a great bond with Rookie since the little guy was first found hiding in his mountainous back as a Eevee!It's

Pokemon: Meganium
Nickname: Mira
Notes: Got from Gardenia for helping her. Very caring to Bloom and has used Aromatherapy on her to calm her too many times to count. Believe me when I say that.

Pokemon: Lombre
Nickname: Limbo
Ability: Rain Dish
Notes: Got from Gardenia for helping her. He has a fragment of a Water Stone tied onto a strong he wears, but that can't cause him to evolve.

Pokemon: Ivysaur
Nickname: Saura
Notes: Got from Gardenia for helping her. Incredibly well mannered and polite. He watches over Maria almost like a father.

Last edited:
Name: Alya Flaison
Title: The Quiet Grass Master
Appearance: Has brown hair that reaches her waist, hazel eyes and has the normal size of a 16 year old.
Outfit: A long green sundress, a sunflower hair clip and green flats.
Home town: Sinnoh, Eterna City.

In-depth Backstory:
Alya, as I mentioned, was born in Eterna City in Sinnoh. She is actually a close friends with the town's gym leader, but back to the Backstory. She lived fine until she was 8, when her family's Luxray went missing. They later found it was kidnapped by a Galactic grunt and Alya was scarred by this. She eventually travelled around Sinnoh and found some Grass type Pokemon so she could get her family's companion home, which she did. Her family was ecstatic. After she became 15, she received her invitation to the tournament and she responded the year after. Fortunately, they were still accepting entries and she was able to make her way there. What's with the year wait? Well, she was filling in shifts for Gardenia, the city's gym leader, at her gym. As a reward, she got a bunch of grass types from other regions as a gift. She's a little sad to have left, but glory will bring her back home for a better life. Not that it's bad, of course.

Team Theme:
Elegant Grass Types

Pokemon: Roserade
Nickname: Maria
Ability: Natural Cure
Notes: Quite timid

Pokemon: Cherrim
Nickname: Bloom
Ability: Flower Gift
Notes: Loves winning

Pokemon: Leafeon
Nickname: Rookie
Ability: Leaf Guard
Notes: Likes being alone

Pokemon: Torterra
Nickname: Tank
Notes: Got from Gardenia for helping her.

Pokemon: Meganium
Nickname: Mira

Pokemon: Lombre
Nickname: Limbo
Ability: Rain Dish

Pokemon: Ivysaur
Nickname: Saura
1st thing first the rp is full at this stage so unfortunately you can’t join. Unless @EeviumZ would like you to replace her as Ajax’s first round opponent.
2nd thing is that your application is too short to be accepted anyway, take a look at some of the other bios and try to expand on yours.

your character backstory and age isn’t really suited for this rp either, maybe read the applications on the first page first then try again

I will not be on enough since my due date is literally in half a week and I'm prepping for labor before that happens. I may not be on much in the coming days (not like I have been anyway). If you don't hear much from me, then that is why.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Though i’ll Just plop this here

Name: Brawly
Title: Braken Surf fighter
Appearance: (ORAS appearance)
Outfit: (ORAS appearance)
Home town: Dewford Town, Hoenn

In-depth Backstory:
Brawly was the head of his island, Dewford town before he became a gym leader. He didn’t know it at the time, but he was the one that always organized things on the island, helping everyone out anytime he could, and was generally likeable...then something terrible happened.

A massive hurricane hit the small island, the town nearly fell apart. Brawly lead an organized from alongside everyone else of the island to move boulders and large rocks to help protect their village from being flooded by the harsh weather. This plan was an success, being just what they needed to stop a lot of the heavy damage of the hurricane. After this was done, he was nominated as the ‘Big wave of Dewford’

The pokemon league heard of this achievement, and thought it fitting to offer him a place as a gym leader, as long as he defeated another gym leader as a right of passage. He at first declined, due to needing to look after his people, but when they persisted, he reluctantly agreed.

Traveling to rusburo, he fought Roxanne, the rock type gym leader and won with his trusty companion Makuhita. After this, he acquired the title of fighting type gym leader...as well as scorn from Roxanne.

This lead to him founding the gym on the shores of Dewford itself, giving his little backwater island some fame. With the funds he received from the Pokemon league, he constructed his gym, making it into a place where people could train their bodies to make them as strong as their wills.

Team Theme: Surfing Boulder Breakers

Pokemon: Makuhita
Ability: Iron Fist
Notes: Having iron fists after relentlessly punching the boulders on Dewford for training. He is stubborn, determined, and a heavy eater. Being Brawly’s partner, he often walks beside him. Often punches random people or objects

Pokemon: Blaziken
Ability: speed boost
Notes: clever, likes surf boarding, tactically brilliant

Pokemon: Primeape
Ability: anger point
Notes: Almost always enraged. Soft spot for kittens.

Pokemon: hitmonlee
Ability: Limber
Notes: a dancer. Loves to party.

Pokemon: Toxicroak
Ability: Anticipation
Notes: Spiteful. Envious. Likes pain.

Pokemon: Poliwrath
Ability: water absorb
Notes: extremely ‘manly’. Loves fighting. A softie.

Last edited:
Though i’ll Just plop this here

Name: Brawly
Title: Braken Surf fighter
Appearance: (ORAS appearance)
Outfit: (ORAS appearance)
Home town: Dewford Town, Hoenn

In-depth Backstory:
Brawly was the head of his island, Dewford town before he became a gym leader. He didn’t know it at the time, but he was the one that always organized things on the island, helping everyone out anytime he could, and was generally likeable...then something terrible happened.

A massive hurricane hit the small island, the town nearly fell apart. Brawly lead an organized from alongside everyone else of the island to move boulders and large rocks to help protect their village from being flooded by the harsh weather. This plan was an success, being just what they needed to stop a lot of the heavy damage of the hurricane. After this was done, he was nominated as the ‘Big wave of Dewford’

The pokemon league heard of this achievement, and thought it fitting to offer him a place as a gym leader, as long as he defeated another gym leader as a right of passage. He at first declined, due to needing to look after his people, but when they persisted, he reluctantly agreed.

Traveling to rusburo, he fought Roxanne, the rock type gym leader and won with his trusty companion Makuhita. After this, he acquired the title of fighting type gym leader...as well as scorn from Roxanne.

Team Theme: Fighting types

Pokemon: Makuhita
Ability: Iron Fist
Notes: Having iron fists after relentlessly punching the boulders on Dewford for training. He is stubborn, determined, and a heavy eater. Being Brawly’s partner, he often walks beside him. Often punches random people or objects

Pokemon: Blaziken
Ability: speed boost
Notes: clever, likes surf boarding, tactically brilliant

Pokemon: Primeape
Ability: anger point
Notes: Almost always enraged. Soft spot for kittens.

Pokemon: hitmonlee
Ability: Limber
Notes: a dancer. Loves to party.

Pokemon: Toxicroak
Ability: Anticipation
Notes: Spiteful. Envious. Likes pain.

Pokemon: Poliwrath
Ability: water absorb
Notes: extremely ‘manly’. Loves fighting. A softie.
Just a few thins in regards to your team composition and application could you just read over the rules and guidelines again please.

Also I’m not a fan of people using existing characters as their main character. So I would prefer if you posted an OC rather than an existing canon trainer

Last edited:

Just a few thins in regards to your team composition and application could you just read over the rules and guidelines again please.

Also I’m not a fan of people using existing characters as their main character. So I would prefer if you posted an OC rather than an existing canon trainer

It seems outside having one prevolved pokemon that I have followed the guidelines. Unless I overlooked something.

Ah I see. Well, I prefer personally to use an existing character, since it’s not like I’m taking control of a champion or anything lol. Have a soft spot for character that never got much screentime, figured this would be a good opportunity to give them justice, you know?

It seems outside having one prevolved pokemon that I have followed the guidelines. Unless I overlooked something.

Ah I see. Well, I prefer personally to use an existing character, since it’s not like I’m taking control of a champion or anything lol. Have a soft spot for character that never got much screentime, figured this would be a good opportunity to give them justice, you know?
Why are you using a makuhita as opposed to using a Hariyama? Because if you can’t justify it well I’m going to have to ask you to change it.

I honestly would prefer if you just used an original character because I do not believe that a standard gym leader would be able to qualify for a Pokémon masters tournament.

Your backstory could also use some serious expansion regardless. Try checking out some other peoples backstories and then expanding your own.

Also, anybody who has gotten 8 badges in the Hoenn region would likely know how Brawly works and how he fights and would easily beat him. He likely won't get far, even if he changed out the Makuhita for a Hariyama.

Why are you using a makuhita as opposed to using a Hariyama? Because if you can’t justify it well I’m going to have to ask you to change it.

I honestly would prefer if you just used an original character because I do not believe that a standard gym leader would be able to qualify for a Pokémon masters tournament.

Your backstory could also use some serious expansion regardless. Try checking out some other peoples backstories and then expanding your own.

Ah because in many sources he never evolved it. Even in places where he is playable such as pokemon masters will not allow you to evolve it. It’s also what he uses on every battle he’s every battle he’s participated in.

What are the qualifications to participate, may I ask?

I looked at some, being within 3-8 paragraphs primarily. But I suppose I could expand upon it

Regardless of where the Brawly came from, if his opponent has beat him before last time, they have a better chance to beat him again.

And canon characters like this are really hard to play without giving them a headcanon that some people may not agree with, especially if you have to expand on a history that is kept hidden from us.

Also, he has a Hariyama in quite a few games. He has a Hariyama in the first, second, third, and fourth rematches in Emerald, and he has one in the Hoenn World Leaders and Fighting-Type Expert Tournaments in PWT in B2W2. If the two universes, one that has Mega Evolutions (with ORAS) and the other that doesn't (with Emerald and B2W2), are at least a little bit parallel without overlapping too much, I believe he would have evolved his Makuhita. Especially since we don't see him again after ORAS. So he would likely have a Hariyama sometime later, or already has one and just uses his Makuhita to fight people who are less experienced (like most gym leaders who have several different teams in different stages to go up against differently experienced trainers, which would honestly be smarter to do, as I think becoming a Gym Leader takes a bit longer than beating a Gym Leader and then taking over a spot right after the defeated Gym Leader, unless the process of becoming one was stated before in some medium we could use as reference).

Last edited:
Ah because in many sources he never evolved it. Even in places where he is playable such as pokemon masters will not allow you to evolve it. It’s also what he uses on every battle he’s every battle he’s participated in.

What are the qualifications to participate, may I ask?

I looked at some, being within 3-8 paragraphs primarily. But I suppose I could expand upon it
An unevolved Pokemon violates the rules of this rp so either it’s evolved or you cannot use it.

the criteria/qualifications for participation involve being a trainer truly worthy of the title of master, a character who has journeyed far and wide to hone their skills. I can tell you that the second gym leader of a region does not fit these criteria. (This rp is not based on the Pokémon Masters smartphone game, it’s based on actual Pokémon Masters the likes of someone like Cynthia or Steven. Individuals who are at least at the level of regional champions.