• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Member Introduction Thread

That's ok Kyokencl, it must be hard to be from Chile and have to use English. My name is Sarah. Nice to meet everyone! I'm a total Pokefreak. I have one Pokemon video game, Pokemon Pinball R/S. I also have a little mew figure and 9 plush pokemon. 7 of my 9 plush pokemon are mini plushes, a pikachu, psyduck, squirtle, meowth, raichu, jigglypuff, and plusle. The other two are bigger electronic talking plushes, togepi and my favorite pikachu plush. That's the one I dedicated my forum name and avatar to, I'm holding it right now. I seriously take it everywhere except school and summer camp. I also made a minun plush and a regular pokeball plush at summer camp(they're made of felt, the ball is all sewn, the minun is all sewn except the nose which was too small to sew and had to be glued on).

Uh. Yo.

So basically, I'm a friend of Demi/Spriteon/Sami/that one awesome lady that does the stuff. She was the one that pointed me to these forums, so blame her. XD Uh... nothing so special about my username. It's my default for joining anything on the internet lately. (And a pretty girly one at that, cringe cringe: Snapdragons sound fierce, but they're a kind of flower I used to make puppets with as a kid.)

Basically... yes. That's me. Hello.

I'm about a month late but I should introduce myself.

I'm Carmen Lopez(not my real name) and I'm 18 years old. So most people probably think I'm too old for Pokemon. I disagree, obviously. I'm a second generation Pokemon lover as I got hooked on Pokemon in the G/S/C era.

I migrated to this site from Pokeschool and currently I'm only involved in these forums. My RP-ing and art skills suck so you won't see me posting in the RP or Submissions sections except to compliment people. Let's just say I don't have as much imagination as others on this site do.

As you can probably tell from my avatar and sig I'm a bit Naruto obsessed. It's my favorite anime of all time.

And well that's me!

I'm Carmen Lopez(not my real name) and I'm 18 years old. So most people probably think I'm too old for Pokemon. I disagree, obviously. I'm a second generation Pokemon lover as I got hooked on Pokemon in the G/S/C era.

18 and you think your old for pokemon?

19 and i think if you liked.....do it......the age means nothing

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
18 and you think your old for pokemon?

19 and i think if you liked.....do it......the age means nothing

She said 'most people' actually, not directly that she thinks she is.

The old school fans grew up, so there's a large amount of us nowadays. The age thing has never bothered me, either. I like what I like, and Pokemon's fun. The day I stop playing will be because I lost interest, not because I got too old for it :p

its a little late,but now is better than never.
Hi,im Nachoman,i like naruto(weird fact:i was wandering around a Naruto forum,saw trainer cards,came here and was hooked),
shinobi legends(rp site),and tacos(mmmmmm,tacos).i also say
lots of random stuff for no reason(ask any one that knows me well,theyll say that i say a lot of random stuff.

So,thats me in a nutshell,i am glad to help anyone on these forums.

Thank you for choosing McDonalds.Have a nice day. 8)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

[quote author=Linkachu link=topic=1968.msg25544#msg25544 date=1182923288]
She said 'most people' actually, not directly that she thinks she is.

The old school fans grew up, so there's a large amount of us nowadays. The age thing has never bothered me, either. I like what I like, and Pokemon's fun. The day I stop playing will be because I lost interest, not because I got too old for it :p
[/quote]

Well, I missed Pokemon the first time round because I was too busy being at university. I wasn't into console games at the time, and the little I saw of Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Poliwag/whirl plushies on offer for Namco tickets at my local arcade) didn't exactly endear it to me.

Various other things happened - we bought a Playstation, I got a job & disposable income, and got addicted to a bizarre WAP game (on my mobile phone) called Dino Island, which was basically a cheap Pokemon ripoff (with only 21 dinos). Eventually I was spending so long playing it that I bought myself a Gameboy Advance SP & Pokemon Sapphire in December 2003, when I was 27 years old.

My partner, who is the same age as me, has no interest in the games particularly, but loves the anime. We buy the DVDs and watch it together while eating dinner. Sometimes people try to tell us that it's for kids, but my argument is that almost all adults sit down and watch completely brainless TV - things like soap operas or Big Brother. What's the difference between spending half an hour watching a badly-acted soap opera or watching a "kids'" cartoon? Both are things you do for fun to relax at the end of the work day. Frankly, I'd rather spend my time with bright colours and happy stories than with all the relationship hell and tragedies in soaps. My real life has enough crap in it already, without me needing to add more drama from the TV ;).

*thinks about quoting Baratron's answer, but then realizes it's gynormous*

THANK YOU!

You're quite possibly one of the first people who has aptly described why i don't watch anything BUT cartoons. I'd rather laugh at something silly and immature than cry about something that is, quite frankly, not my freakin' problem.

*goes off to make a poll in the debate forum*

and, welcome all new people =D

C

Clydae

Now that registration is no longer disabled, I am glad to be able to post a short introduction. I came upon 'Charms about two days after registration was disabled, to my dismay. I found PokeCharms not because of the Trainer Card Creator -kaGASP- but because a friend of mine told me that I should read the funny commentary on the site about each pokemon in the 'dex. Only later did I find out that the 'Charms TC maker was one of the most popular around.

So anywho, I'm Clydae, I've been playing pokemon since the japanese pocket pikachu before the american release of Red and Blue! I then proceeded to own Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I didn't get a GBA until later, so I got my grubby little hands on Emerald and LeafGreen a while later. Now, I am happily addicted to Diamond! My only disappointment is the lack of first and second generation trading, as I did catch all 152 (including missing no.) on my Blue version, and all the pokes in crystal, as well.
I'm currently 17 years old and spending my summer studying at Harvard University instead of doing normal, fun, summer-y things. Hence, I am a nerd. Science and Math. Biochemistry and Multivariable Calculus, in fact.

So, most of my time of the boards here will be spent on the RP forums, as I've been developing my post-by-post RP skills since the sixth grade at a wildlife RP. So, I hope I can be a positive contribution to the RP sub-community!

Ahh, guess I better be introducing myself then.

I came across this site when 'Quandtuniverse', my friend (that's the name she's under when she's a guest, she has posted on both of the submission threads), when she got a trainer card in her signature on my favorite awsome forum (I don't want any more spambots on it, so I am keeping the name to myself).

I love manga, anime, drawing, writing, all artsy stuff. I also speak french (not fluently, but getting there!), and I've lived in England, Canada, and I now live at the place of my birth, the US. Mais, si il-y-a des personnes qui parle français, je peut parler avec ils ;D

I do need to work on my french T_T

But I love spriting also, but since I'm just starting, they're not extreamly fancy. But I do edit, so they can't be considered recoloring.

Oh well, FLY AWAY! ::flies off into the distance::

::flies back::

And I also have a friend code. My name is Tori in my game, so I wouldn't mind challenging any of you sometime ;). And my real name is Victoria, though that doesn't fit... :O

EDIT: I accidently hit the enter button before I finished. All better now.

Hi-ya everyone. Im Stevie Steel, but you can call me Stevie or SS, for short :D . I found this site from Battleon-forums (its a online singleplayer game). Alot of people had your Trainer Cards as their signatures and I decided to check the site. Well I made a couple of cards for myself and decided to join the forums.

Im from Finland, you know, the place full of Delibirds and Jinxes. Just kidding :D I can speak English, Swedish, German and Finnish of course. But well my German isnt so good, but im studying it all the time ;)

I like manga and anime, but lately I havent watched it at all. I also like sports, especially motorsports. My favorite music style is rock and favourite band is My Chemical Romance.
I've also made a couple of sprites, for example the one in my signature and few other ones. I'll add them somewhere in future, so you can see what I've done. Im not so good at them, but "practice makes perfect" ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, Stevie has left the topic.

Hiiii, I'm Quandtuniverse! Finally registered. Tori's friend in outside computer world.

Uh.... I'm a recently revived Pokemaniac (thanks to Diamond and Pearl...) though I also love several anime, games and tv shows. Especially medical shows. *watches Discovery Health all day* Some of the things I love: Legend of Zelda, Harvest Moon, Phoenix Wright, Tales of Symphonia, House, Scrubs, Mythbusters, Hayate no Gotoku, Fullmetal Alchemist, Azumanga Daioh...

I LOVE to draw. Actually I love any kind of art, which is why I love to sprite. I either recolor, edit or make from scratch, depending on my mood.

In other news, I'm American/Brazilian (double nationality FTW), I can speak Portuguese fluently, I'm learning German at school, learned a bit of Spanish but it annoyed me, and am learning Japanese.

I guess that's it. :3

Hello. I'm not exactly "new" but I don't believe I've been a member since before this domain... I think it was on snitzboards or something like that when I was a member last time. I'm the user formerly known as Gengar#94. :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oh hai.

I'm Database, I'm reasonable on Gen1 (I own Yellow. :p) and I'm currently playing Gen4. (I own Diamond. :p)

As yet, I am completely unable to find any "friend codes" at all. :D

I came because baratron pointed me here, and stayed because you guys are all nuts, and there's an awesome trainercard maker. ;)

-Database

Greetings and Well Met new friends. As you can see I'm Meltd0wn, some of you may know me from other Video game groups around the web.

Ive been a video game fan since the very begining of Video games. (yes I'm ancient)

Hope to get to meet new friends here.

Hi, I'm Mana. If you play PE2K you might know me as KittenGirl2000. I am a big fan of Naruto, Tokyo Mew Mew, Inuaysha and Bleach. I like pokemon a bit more, though. My favorite pokemon are Meganium, Celebi, Empoleon, Leafeon and some others i'm too lazy to list. My favorite foods are Popcorn Chicken from KFC and chips. Choclate also pops in there sometimes. I also like fuji apples.

Hello, Mikuba Sen here. I have been posting some trainers and card template before registering to the forum. My outside-of-Pokémon interests are, as is says under my avatar, Rockman.

To be more accurate, my interests are: Manga, animé, RPG, Rockman, Pokémon, drawing, writing etc.

I can be pretty clever in some moments, while in others, I'm very, very idiotic. My friends sees me as a freak/nerd, and very nice and caring.

I often use the name Mikuba Sen at the internet, so I can say that if you meet someone named Mikuba Sen, it is most probably me. I haven't really any bad background on the internet, except the fact I was banned from YouTube due to me putting up Rockman.EXE-amvs that ShoPro didn't want me to put up. Or else, I'm pure as snow.

I have quite an imagination, or at least what I think. I have way to many projects, which can be find in my journal at my deviantART-account (which is available in my sig).

I'm open to almost any kind of conversation, so if you wants to talk to somebody nice and none swearing, I can be a pretty good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...Well...some of you may remember me when I was a guest...but I finally got in here and technically am a noob for that case...but please do not be mistaken. I have watched and see what has happened...even though I couldn't post...I saw. I bet I won't last long, though. This warning system makes me fear for myself...it has already taken a friend...but as for now...I will be here to try and maybe help out and chat a bit...people who love Pokemon (or in my case, are cursed to love Pokemon) must unite.

As for what I do not Pokemon related...it'd be anime and manga.

And for what brought me here...spriting...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh for the love of desu do not be so freakin' over-dramatic. 'Fear for yourself', 'Taken a friend'. It's not as if the warning system is set up to fire a volley of tactical missiles at whoever crosses it. This friend isn't dead or something. She (I assume you speak of Myouki, as I recall you being part of her and Artiste's little group of horrors) was just banned because she didn't comply with the rules.

But honestly, Daytime Umbreon, this is the internets. People get banned on a daily basis. Those who don't get banned do so because they read and follow the rules. And as long as you do just that, you have no reason to be afraid.

... Violate the rules however and you go home in a body bag. Capisce?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hello. I'm not exactly "new" but I don't believe I've been a member since before this domain... I think it was on snitzboards or something like that when I was a member last time. I'm the user formerly known as Gengar#94. :)

Nice to see an old face. Sup? ^^

Hiyas everyone! ;) My name is Tragar, and I don't know what to say about myself. I do have a question though. I noticed that there were some people with thier own avatars, but when I check the profile, I'm either as blind as a bat and can't see it or there is no way to get my own avatar. Anyways, other than that, I say hi!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A whole lot of nothing. :p

I miss anything interesting in the past 18 months or so?

Probably not, but I've been out of the loop in general concerning most Pokeschool/D-Web people that aren't here so I'm not a massive source of knowledge on the subject any more...

Hello Pokecharms!
You can call me PJ! I'm new here to the pokecharms forums, but i know the rules. I am a mod on one forum and an admin on a different one. So please, Dont call me a n00b with every post.

Thank you!

-PJ

Hey there, I'm Hitmonlee_Lover. I'm a big Pokenerd, and I'm a fan of most of Nintendo's work. I used to like Sonic, but his career as of late has gone down the toilet.

Anyway, my favorite Pokemon are pretty much any Fighting type. Except Hitmontop and Hariyama. I'm also very fond of Slowking, whom is somewhat of a reflection of whom I hope to be, intelligence-wise anyway.

A little more about me, is I'm literate. And somewhat of a Grammar Nazi, but most of the times I successfully restrict myself. I also tend to be smarter then most of my 'Higher Powers', leading to some hilarious situations. I love to RP, and I can tend to be snippy when I'm angry. I look forward to helping out and participating with my fellow members.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Okay, so I've posted about 200 messages already, but I just wanted to talk a bit about myself here.

Hey, everyone! Glad to see y'all! My name is Shiny_Eevee, but you can just call me S_E or Shiny. I'm a spriter, though I'm not that good, compared to some of the other spriters (I don't have good shading techniques... T.T). I'm also a girl, and I live on Mars Earth. My favorite animal is the tiger. So... that's about it, really.

EDIT: I also like to watch Fruits Basket and read the Manga, but I'm only on book 16, waiting for book 17 to be in my local library (I have it on hold for quite a while now, the waiting list is LONG for some reason...). I have an older brother who lives in China (don't ask why...), but I don't live there. I live in an English-speaking country, where English is the main language (Okay, I admit it, the USA). I have almost pure Chinese blood, about 6.25% of it is Mongolian, according to my parents, but I don't know if that's true. My favorite food is chocolate, and favorite colour... purple. I've gained an obsession with playing my violin for at least an hour least each day, non stop, along with going online and finding lyrics to my favorite songs (all of them church related...). My DS got smashed because I got a 70 in history, and I got banned from Pokecharms at one point because I was on here too long for my parents' liking. But I'm lucky; usually, by the next day, they forget that I had been grounded at all.

I also love spriting and writing, but I don't think I'm as good as Snapdragon or Spriteon Pixelchu yet. I think I'm still a beginner at spriting, along with RPing. But because they're my hobbies, hey, why not do them? Thanks to the TC maker, I got drawn to Pokecharms. Thanks to Pokecharms, I got drawn to RPing (actually, that was Artiste's fault) and spriting. And my parents don't really approve of me going on here, but they still let me come on, as long as it doesn't affect my studies.

Hei, My name's David, or Dave and I know a mod here.

He inspired me to join up, which is why I am now part of your community. ;-)

I love dragon pokemon, but at the moment am trying to overcome that stupid type called ice. :p

I like drawing, and will probably post some art of mine on the site.

Good day! ^_^

Well Im not comepletely new I signed up about two weeks ago but, I just came across this tread on (look at date above). Well lets start first of all Im hispanic, my name is Joel I turned 16 about a week ago and I live in Texas, USA. I have trouble getting around so excpect me asking for help every know and then.
Things I like: I like some anime, I like to draw even though im not all that good, and i abosolutely adore most reptiles.
I look foward to battling someone over wi-fi some day maybe on pokemon BR. Anyways hello everybody nice to meet you.

P.S. Just for the record just because im hispanic doesnt mean I got talking backpacks or pieces of paper that tell me where to go, and I dont talk to animals either so nobody ask anything like that.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
598~Dora-The-Explorer-Posters.jpg