• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"As would I," Rin added, "But it's not like the vertexes care. And be warned, that skull one right there," and she pointed to the Sagittarius, "Is really strong. It'll skewer you in a heartbeat if you let your guard down."

And, as if on cue, the vertex began to attack. Its mouth opened, and it shot a huge lance at the three. Rin jumped in front of them, throwing it off with her sword as Nezu shielded her from the worst of the damage.

Libra and the two Gemini seemed to be hanging back, for now. It was a mystery as to what they were planning...

"Close call," Rin commented, face falling as she noticed the vertex's mouth opening again, "Look out!"

Sagittarius shot a rain of glowing arrows down on the heroes, before Rin could even begin to react.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
(I'm back and of course...I have to ask: What did i miss? Also where have i been? I've been at school and getting adjusted to getting home around 2 PM.)

(A festival, during which we saw a hero who has gone mankai so many times that she can no longer do anything for herself. And now we're going up against three vertexes at once. During this battle, Rin will go mankai, but whether or not the rest of you go mankai is up to you)

Nezu dutifully faced the arrow shower head on. As Rin's fairy, it was his duty to ensure that she didn't die, either in battle, or outside of the battle.

SaiyanDakon

(Which Vertexes? Also where are you?)

Ruby and Fjord, on Ruby's shoulder walked through somewhere unknown to the boy. "Hell...where are they?" He muttered. Fjord spread his wings and flied, looking for Rin, Marie or the newcomer. "Good idea...It'll help the both of us and just in case." He said, transforming to his golden knight armor and his sword in his hand.

(Sagittarius, Gemini, and Libra. And we're in the Jukai, which we automatically get transported to whenever there's a vertex invasion)

Rin grimaced as she noticed one of the petals on her feet light up. Four more, and she'd go mankai, whether she wanted to, or not....

SaiyanDakon

Ruby followed where Fjord had landed and saw Rin and the others. "Three moons..." He muttered and ran toward the vertexes that were there. His sword began glowing again and flames began forming around it. Growling, Ruby quickly slashed the one that was backing up and retreated back to Rin, glaring at the vertexes.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby glanced at her. "I had to. You're the most experienced one here and you're basically someone I have to follow. Plus, Rin, you're my friend and a fellow hero. I'm going to be there." He responded and Fjord flew up to Ruby's head and landed there, looking at Rin. "Besides that, I don't you to get all the fun here." Ruby added, pointing his sword at the vertexes.

Rin snorted, "Fun, you say? Well, in that case, you can help us take these things down!"

And she glanced down at the gauge on her left boot. Only one petal had lit up so far, but four more, and it was mankai time. She hoped that she at least wouldn't lose her arms...

SaiyanDakon

"With pleasure." He said with a grin. Ruby looked at the moving Libra vertex and attacked swiftly and efficiently. "Fjord..see if you can find a weak spot on the rising vertex." He said quietly so only the fairy could hear him. Fjord nodded and flew to the top of the Sagittarius and landed there, trying to find the perfect hit points.

Yosuki got to medium range and threw his knifes, they struck but the vertex remained unfazed. "What's the point of these weapons if they don't do damage?" Yosuki said as the knifes disappeared from the vertex and re appeared back in the covers attached to his waist. Yosuki looked at his wrist. "Two out of Five." He muttered to himself. His petals were appearing quite rapidly. He hoped that the reason behind this was because the Mankai wasn't going to take anything large.

"What?! You can't damage it?!" Rin cried, "Impossible...These are vertexes! They're powerful, but they should be able to take damage, so we can seal them, just like the others!"

Rin decided to try it for herself, as she swung at the steadily approaching Libra. It fell back a little, but it didn't appear too badly hurt.

And then, it began spinning.

Rin cried out as she was blown back by a massive tornado, unable to even look at the other heroes as she was thrown to the Jukai.

SaiyanDakon

(Ruby will probably use Mankai and lose his sight in his left eye. Plus I also attacked the Libra.)

"Rin!" Ruby shouted as he was thrown off of the Libra when it spun. He stood his ground and ran toward the Jukia. "Blasted things always trying to kill my friends." He muttered. Ruby altered his course a bit and his sword began to light on fire, a darker blue this time. He threw his fiery sword at the Jukia in hopes of knocking it back.

(I'm planning total blindness, or the loss of the use of her legs for Rin XD and the Jukai is just the name of the area where heroes go to fight vertexes. It's not an enemy itself.)

Rin grunted as she got to her feet, using the hilt of her sabre to steady herself. Nezu floated before her, seemingly unaffected by what had happened.

"Tch...That thing's really strong," she complained, "Heh...I guess this is why they call vertexes the apex of all life..."

She scanned the area, still holding onto her sword, as the vertex began spinning again. She couldn't get close enough to hit it, or it'd throw her away again...And now, Sagittarius had stopped moving.

"I think they're planning"--

Before the words even came out, a rain of arrows descended on Libra. It spun, flinging them in all directions.

"Look out!" Rin ordered, sending Nezu forth to shield the heroes. His forcefield barely held out.

SaiyanDakon

(Oh right XD Also Fjord is still on the Sagittarius.)

Ruby was startled when the arrows came down. He quickly recalled his sword in his sheath and Fjord flew down to help Nezu shield all of the heroes. "Fjord..." Ruby began when he noticed a 5 Jade Vines appear and one began glowing. "Please tell me that isn't...what I think it is..." He said toward Rin.

Rin nodded. "It is," she said solemnly, "By the looks of things, you're gonna end up going mankai soon..."

And she glanced down at the gauge on her foot. Three of the five petals had already lit up. Like it ot not, she was going mankai today.

She hoped that her loss wouldn't be too great. Something small, like going deaf in one ear, or losing her sense of taste...That was the best she could hope for.

Maria was fighting for a while, and her attacks did few damage, but today was a day she wasn't going mankai. She kept firing arrows, and ended up hurting the three vertex's, not much, but enough that they would be able to finish it in less than five hours.

Yosuki kept trying to throw his knives at the vertexs. "Screw this" He said after multiple attacks. This time, when the knives came back, he took the and ran as fast as he could towards a vertexs, as he ran he could hear the tiny voice in his mind chanting. "4 out of 5, 4 out of 5'

(The Geminis haven't come forward yet)

"Agreed," Rin grunted, "We can't just stand back and do nothing!"

Though Libra seemed to have been damaged by the assault, and appeared to be retreating, Sagittarius was still floating strong.

It shot out more arrows. One grazed Rin's cheek, cutting it right open, while the other barely missed her waist...

And then, all five of the petals on Rin's gauge were lit up.

Colourful roots sprung up from the Jukai. Rin was enveloped in a hellebore. And then, when she came out, she had two sabres, a white robe, and a grand, bejewelled headdress. There was no mistake about it. She had gone mankai.

Yosuki yelled as the symbol on his arm covered his body in a white light, when the light had dispersed, Yosuki had gone mankai, many knives were in a circle behind him.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby saw Rin look completely different in Mankai. So cool but yet dangerous at the same time. He thought. Ruby checked how many Jade Vines were glowing: 3 out of 5. "Crap...so close but yet so far." He muttered, joking to himself and getting back into battle stance. Ruby focused his attack mainly at the Sagittarius and had his sword blow up like a bonfire.

Rin swallowed. She knew what this meant, both for her and for Yosuki, but she couldn't focus on that, for now. She and he now were experiencing a massive surge of power, comparable to that of the gods.

Sagittarius began to fall as it was hit by Ruby, which Rin took as her chance up against it. She sliced straight through its mouth with her sword, and managed to annihilate Libra, soul and all, on the other side. She'd never felt this powerful in her life.

And then Nezu tugged on her shoulder, as Sagittarius began attacking the others again. The two Gemini were moving quickly toward the Shinju-sama.

Rin shook her head. She'd never be able to strike them down in time, even in mankai mode. Someone with a longer-ranged weapon needed to get them, or else the world would be destroyed in seconds...

Yosuki noticed the Gemini running for the Shinju-sama. He stretched his arms out to his sides. The knives stopped spinning in a circle and pointed their blades towards the vertexs. At the sanp of his fingers, all of the knives flew and hit the vertexs. Many knives stabbed therough their bodies.

And with that, both vertexes were destroyed, soul and all.

"Nice one, Yosuki!" Rin praised, landing, "Now, it's just that big one left!"

Sagittarius was still standing, despite the damage it had taken. This one wouldn't go down easy.

SaiyanDakon

Sticking his sword in the ground, Ruby glared at the vertexes as the final Jade Vines were glowing brightly and he was enveloped in blue light. His armor changed from golden to blue like the fire on his sword. He finally was adorned with a red cape and his sword had a ruby in the hilt along with his sword blade being a light blue, gleaming with power inside Ruby. He had went Mankai mode and ran quickly, quicker than he expected, at Sagittarius and slashed quickly with his blazing sword.

"Let's go for an all-out attack!" Yosuki said. More and more knives beckoned at his call, they were small, but numerous. 250 knives surrounded him, all pointed at Sagittarius
(Gemini are destroyed already)

"Agreed!" Rin said affirmatively, both swords primed and ready, "Let's make this quick!"

Sagittarius let out a massive roar, as Rin flew up and hacked at its mouth, deciding to stay low, so that Yosuki's knives wouldn't hit her. Nezu wedged himself in Sagittarius' mouth, putting up a forcefield to block its arrows.

SaiyanDakon

Fjord quickly made a shield around Ruby to have the arrows not hit him. Ruby, on the other hand, jumped and stabbed his fiery sword in the head of the Sagittarius. "I hope this works..." He muttered.

With the final strike, the beast cried out, and dissolved into colourful roots. It had been destroyed, soul, and all.

Rin gasped as her beautiful robe and headdress faded, leaving her in her festival yukata as the jukai faded. She let out a small, relieved laugh, and then fell on her knees as her eyes closed.

And with that, she had seen for the very last time.

Yosuki fell out of the sky and hit the ground. Yuzu took most of the blow, as fairies are supposed to do. "Haha, good girl." He said quietly reaching out for he with his left hand. Yuzu rubbed her head against yosuki's hand... but something was wrong. "Wait, i can't feel your fur" He said.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby was on the ground, his sword fading as he grunted in pain. He chuckled to himself. "So...that's it then? These things are gone...for now?" He asked weakly. Fjord landed on Ruby's shoulder and nuzzled him. He smiled slightly and flinched in pain as his left eye's vision began failing. He was startled that he fell on his back.

Rin tried to follow the sound of Yosuki's voice. "You can't feel your fairy?" she enquired, trying to squeeze her eyes open. All she saw was black. The festival was still going on around them, but she couldn't see any of it, "Hey. come to think of it, where are you?" I can't see you!"

Nezu floated ominously by her shoulder. Like him, his mistress was now totally blind.

Another fairy appeared at Rin's side. As payment for her mankai, she had received Tsuchi, a fairy resembling a girl with a spider-themed dress.

SaiyanDakon

"You can't see anything? I see hardly anything in one eye and its crystal clear in the other." Ruby said toward them. Fjord noticed that his left eye's vision was gone as well. Ruby got up slowly and walked over to Rin, kneeling beside her. Fjord saw Nezu first that he was blind as well.