• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

Welcome to Sanshu Middle School, a place of learning where all pupils are required to give daily honours to our guardian deity, the Shinju-sama. It is because of our great god that we are protected from the hostile vertexes, who inhabit the outer regions of our universe, and want nothing more than to destroy all of humanity. We are protected by the Shinju-sama...

And our heroes.

Sanshu Middle School has a hero club, which you have recently joined. You joined the hero club, expecting to do good deeds, such as finding homes for abandoned kittens, and raising money for local charities, but instead, you were given a holy duty. You have been chosen by the Shinju-sama to defend the earth from the vertexes who threaten it, and have been granted fantastic powers to accomplish your duty with. Now, answer the call of fate, and fight!

Bio Time:

Name: Yuzuki Rin

Theme Flower: Hellebore

Theme colour: Black

Weapon: Sabre

Fairy: A mouse named Nezu

Previously used mankai?: (For those of you who don't know, mankai is the highest power a hero can be granted. It makes the hero insanely strong, but the cost of using it is becoming permanently disabled in some way, i.e, going blind in one eye, losing the use of your legs, or losing your sense of taste.) No

-------------------------------------------------------

Rin stood, calm and composed, atop a colourful branch, as her enemy floated towards her. She'd read about this vertex many times before.

The creature slowed as it reached Rin, swinging its long, sharp stinger, as her fairy, a mouse-like creature, whom she'd named, 'Nezu' floated by her shoulder. She would usually transform at this point, but not today. The Taisha had chosen new heroes, and today, Rin wpuld have to lead them into their first battle.

"I hope they'll learn quickly," Rin commented, as she waited for her new comrades to appear.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Name: Ruby Hoshi
Theme Flower: Jade Vine
Theme color: Blue
Weapon: Sword
Fairy: A dragon named Fjord
Previously used Mankai: No
------------------------------------------------------

Ruby ran toward the other hero who was chosen by the Taisha. Fjord flew beside him and mainly hid in his hair. "Is this the class I'm supposed to be in?" He asked her.

Last edited:
Okay
Name: Fuyumi Aihara

Theme Flower: Chrysanthemum

Theme colour: Orange

Weapon: Claw

Fairy: A lizard named Bartek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fuyumi sat down seeing who else had been chosen. Bartek was a very happy but Fuyumi was way more nervous.
"What's wrong with you." Bartek asked confused.

Last edited:
(You do know that you're supposed to write IC posts here, right?)

"Scorpion class," Rin said aloud, sliding down the branch she was sitting on, "This one shouldn't be a problem for me, since I'm an experienced hero. I'll be leading a bunch of newbies, though."

Nezu simply said, as always, "All things must come to pass."

Rin picked up her phone. "I wonder if they'll be up to the task."

Name: Maria "Mary" Mintowpenz

Theme flower: Rose

Theme color: Red

Weapon: Bow and arrow

Fairy: A lizard named Kia

Previously used Mankai?: No

--------------------------------------

Mary was walking to her new school, Sanshu Middle School, a school that she thought was for doing good deeds, since it was for heroes. But she had no idea what she was in store for. She walked inside, looking around the school to get used to the looks, sights, and sounds of it. She looked at her schedule to see what class she had next. Scorpion class? Mary looked around for this room, yet she had no idea where it was, or what it was.

Fuyumi heard the girl say scorpion class and went over to see what was going on. She might as well ask rather than stare.
"Excuse me is this the class I need to be in?" She asked, timid.

Rin inhaled sharply, as she noticed the presence of her new comrades. Two girls, and a boy... The Shinju-sama rarely chose boys, but she wasn't going to argue with the god.

"Welcome, newbies," she said coldly, producing her phone, "I'm Yuzuki Rin, a hero chosen by the Shinju-sama. Only, unlike you, I've been doing this for a bit longer."

She pointed up at the vertex, and it swung its tail again, menacing,y, at the new recruits.

"Now, here's what we're going to do. We're going to kill that thing."

Name: Aoi Suzuki

Theme Flower: Lily

Theme Color: Purple

Weapon: Crossbow

Fairy: A owl named Riko

Previously used Mankai?: No
---------------------------------------------------------
Aoi walked into the school, eager to get to her first class. She said to herself "It's Scorpion class? Sounds easy." She walked into the door. "Sorry I'm late!" exclaimed Aoi, scratching the back of her head. She looked at the thing.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby at the creature with astonishment. "Freaky...but cool." He muttered, having his hand on the scabbard of his sword.

Mary turned around, and looked at the new girl, Yuzuki Rin, and looked at the beast.

"Oh my." she said, a blank look on her face, as she stared at it.

Her Lizard, Kai, hopped from her backpack to her shoulder, and immediatley hid behind her ponytail.

Last edited:
"That," Rin began, "Is a vertex. It's been sent with the task of destroying our world. As heroes, it's our job to stop it."

The hero assumed her regular pose, as she tapped an app on her phone. "You all know how to transform, right?" Go into your Taisha app, and touch the flower icon. I'll lead you from there."

And with a single touch, Rin was lifted into a brilliant flower storm, and her beige school dress disappeared, immediately being replaced with a grand black dress, with a bejewelled hem and headdress. A sabre was in her hand, and she landed in an en garde position.

"Now touch the flower icon," Rin instructed, "Then, you'll transform, like I just did."

The hero pulled down on the hem of her dress, as if to show off the outfit she fought in. She was very proud of it, having been fighting in it for a long time.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby grabbed his phone quickly out of his pocket and pressed the Taisha app and touched his flower icon. Blue light surrounded him. His normal clothes transformed into shining armor and a cape without the helmet. His sword was held with his right and left hand, ready to strike his opponent. "We won't lose...that's for sure." He said to Fjord, who peeked his head at the Vertex.

Last edited:
"Um...I don't have the-" Mary started, before she got a notification on her phone.

"The Taisha app has been installed." was on her phone, as she hesitated to tap it.

Then, Mary tapped the flower icon, and she was surrounded in a rose. When the rose disappeared, she was wearing a comfortable fitting outfit. It looked like a red Karate suit, but tighter. There was a thick black belt around her waist, and her book bag disappeared. In its place was a quiver and bow.

"Whoa." Mary said, as she looked at herself.

Rin cleared her throat. "Now, let's get to it. We'll launch a full frontal assault from all sides, to start with."

The hero drew her sabre, effortlessly blocking a sharp stab from the vertex.

"Here we go!" And she leapt straight up in the air, aiming for the creature's body.

SaiyanDakon

(The fairies? Can they grow into size?)

Ruby charged at the Vertex's immense size and jumped into the air with his sword in hand. He collected his thoughts a bit and his sword began to release flames from it.

(A question I would like to know as well)

"Alright." Mary said, nervously, as she want towards the left side of the vertex.

Mary took out her bow, and quickly took out an arrow, aiming at the beast, before shooting it, aiming at it's head. Her aim was for the eye, but it hit the vertex's lip, but that was good enough for her. She kept aiming and shooting.

(Nope, they stay the same size.)

Impressed by what her new recruits were doing so far, Rin was certain that this battle would be over soon. A little more, and the vertex could be sealed.

"Good job so far," she praised, "Now, let's"--

Rin was cut off, as the creature batted her to the far end of the barrier. It roared as its tail let up, soaring toward the closest hero in the proximity.

Considering Fuyumi was going to cut the tail things didn't go too well, the tail soaring up to her launching her back next to where she started this battle would be a problem. She tried to dodge the tail but it hit her straight in the chest sending her far back very hurt.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby steadied his position. "Fiyah!" He shouted. His sword, erupted in flames, hit dead center of the Vertex's eyeball. As soon as he hit it, he jumped back down to where the rest of the heroes were.

"Pick on someone your own size!" Mary shouted, shooting another arrow.

The arrow gleamed, before racing at rapid speed to the vertex. It shot the vertex right in the head, like she had wanted it to. Mary didn't think the vertex was dead, and she didn't know if it wasn't. So she kept shooting at it, in case it wasn't.

Yuzuki got up quickly, going back to the vertex as fast as she could. It had taken a significant amount of damage, which mean that now, they could seal it.

"Alright! Now, everyone, here's how we kill it for good!" Yuzuki announced, "On my command, I want you to hold out your hands around the vertex, and focus really hard. By doing this, we'll expose its soul. Once its soul comes out, we destroy it, and then, it's gone for good!"

Fuyumi stood up brushed off her legs and held her cut hand out at the vertex. Fuyumi chest began to hurt and she felt like she had been poisoned but other than that she was focusing with all her mind. The pain made her eyes water but she kept focus.

SaiyanDakon

"Understood!" He replied to the leader. Ruby ran to the Vertex's left flank and waited for the command. Fjord exited Ruby's hair and was on his shoulder.

"On three!"

And a stream of black hellebore petals, representing Rin's power began to swirl around the scorpio vertex, as she waited for the others to do the same. It began writhing around in the swirl, becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby held out his hand and felt power rising in him. Jade Vines appeared around the Vertex and mixed in with the black petals. "This is it..." He muttered.

Mary did the same thing as Rin, holding out her hand, as a large power surged through her veins. Some Rose petals, and sharp thorns flew from her hand, surrounding the vertex, along with the other two.

Rin watched closely, as the vertex continued writhing around, becomingly increasingly uncomfortable with each dose of sealing power. And then...

"There's it's soul!" Now, I'll keep the seal up, while you destroy it!"

A pyramid shaped object popped out of the vertex's mouth, as the ground beneath them began to rot.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby went toward the object and attacked it with his sword. Sweat was running down from his head as he started to get nervous. Fjord, on the other hand, looked at the object with curiosity. "I could use some help here!" He shouted to the archer.

Mary immediatley took out her bow, and shot the arrow, as it slung into the vertex's body. She did that multiple times, before saying, "My name's Maria. But people call me...MARY!" grunting the last part, as she shot another arrow. This was directed to everyone, but mainly Fjord.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby got the message of the archer being called Mary. He decided to tell her his name after the fight. Nevertheless, her archery skills were spot on. He slashed his sword on the soul in an X-like shape and stabbed it in the middle of the X.

And with that, the soul finally shattered, and the vertex's body disappeared. The beautiful, colourful root barrier the heroes had fought in disappeared as well, leaving everyone stood on the roof of Sanshu Middle School.

With the first vertex out of the way, Rin decided that it was time to properly introduce herself to her comrades, as her grand dress faded, leaving her in her beige school dress. Her fairy disappeared back into her phone. having served its duty to its mistress.

"I didn't think that the Taisha would arrange for us to meet like this," Rin began, "But that's not important. Now, as is standard procedure, welcome to Sanshu Middle School's Hero Club. I'm Yuzuki Rin, the club president, and a hero chosen by the Taisha because of my aptitude. Now, the rest of you are?"

Slowly, Fuyumi felt like she was invisible no one had noticed her or really wanted her to do anything...this aggravated her and made her blurt out
"WHAT AM I HERE FOR?" Bartek was even shocked.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby transformed back into his normal school clothes. "I'm Ruby Hoshi." He said. Fjord was back in his phone. He actually liked the little dragon on his shoulder.

Rin was somewhat shocked by the outburst, but nonetheless, continued. "You're here because the Shinju-sama chose you, of course," she calmly said, "And you were made to move to this school, so that all of the current heroes would be together. Here, I'll tell you everything about our divine duty."

(I'm going to sleep now see ya tomorrow,)

"Well it seems I'm not much of a hero if I can't destroy the simplest of vertex..." Fuyumi told her in an angry mannor. Bartek stared at her still shocked,
"She is never like this for sure..." Bartek told Rin.

Last edited: