• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

Rin shot at it again, only to miss, and end up with a corn potage ice lolly instead. She handed it to her fairy, who seemed more than pleased with his mistress's prize.

Two more shots. And then, finally, Rin manged to hit the cinnamoroll. The vendor cut it down for her, begrudgingly putting another prize up in its place.

"FINALLY!" Rin cried, hugging the giant bunny, "After eight festivals of trying to win this thing, it's mine!"

"I'll give it a go." Maria said, as she payed three hundred yen for five turns.

Mary took the cork gun and aimed for the giant lizard plush. In up to three tries, she ended up getting the giant lizard plush to fall, and it was soon all hers. She didn't have a bag to put it in, so she just held onto it, and looked at her friends.

"That was a lot of fun! Looks like we all one something, huh." Mary said, as she hugged her plush tight. "So, where to next?"

"I wouldn't mind doing that. Sounds fun." Maria said with a smile on her face.

If she got a goldfish, she'd need to think about a temporary tank until she could get one of her own.

"Sure, a fish doesn't seem too bad, although I don't know how Yuzu would react to a fish in the house." Yosuki said. The image of Yuzu pawing at the fish. "She's not one for sharing attention with other animals."

Name: Jason
Theme: Rose
Theme color: Red
Weapon: Rinkaku (the thing on my prof pics back)
Fairy: A small panda
Previously used mankai?: Yes lost one eye

Last edited:
(That, and you have to have to have a theme FLOWER, not a theme animal. And our characters are middle-schoolers)

"There's that. But she wouldn't dare do anything to it, right?" Rin enquired, "I mean, she's a fairy, and her purpose is to serve you in battle..."

Rin walked to the goldfish scooping stand, paying out two hundred yen. She received a paper net, and a bowl for her fish.

(We're at a festival honouring a former hero, who went mankai so many times that she can't do anything for herself anymore)

"Ok, kid, you know the rules," the vendor sighed, preparing more nets, "You can keep going until your net breaks, and you keep whatever ypu can catch."

"Got it," Rin answered, scanning the water.

As Jason walks through the festival he wonders who he can make friends with he walks over to Rin

"Hey! I'm uhh Jason I'm new to this town and I'm looking for new friends"

Jason notices she was speaking to someone

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't notice"

He says a little hesitantly

Last edited:
Maria noticed some random teenager had walked up and started talking to Rin, but Mary decided not to pay any mind, unless she herself was addressed. She grabbed a net, and didn't want that many fish, so she decided to catch three or four before she asked if she could keep the amount.

"Alright..." Mary said, grabbing a net and setting it in the tub of fish. (I'm assuming that's how it works)

The fish were really squirmy, so it was a bit difficult for her to catch one. But after abut twenty swings at it, she finally caught one. Soon enough, she caught three, and decided this would be enough for now.

"Do I have the ability to stop when I want? Because I would only like three for now." she asked cautiously, not wanting to get it wrong in case of embarrassment.

Jason walks off looking around at the carnival waiting for the girl to finish her game

"Wow, this place really is cool........."

Jason walks up to a dart throwing game

"Hello, sir could I play a round?"

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
Reminder that posts here need to be third person, PAST tense, story format. TheUltimateGhoul: Your posts are in present tense, and that doesn't quite fly.
Edit your existing posts in your spare time and be more mindful of your grammar in future posts.

"You can stop, if you'd like," the vendor answered, "Shall I bag those up for you?"

Rin, meanwhile, decided to choose her catches carefully. There was a small, pretty one at the middle of the tank, so she decided to go for that, only for it to evade her net. She ended up with a big, black one instead, so she wasn't disappointed.

She wouldn't give up on the one she wanted, however. She went for it again, only to end up with nothing. And again, only to get a small white fish. And by the time she'd gotten that one, the thin paper net had broken, thus ending her game.

"Two goldfish. Not bad," Rin commented, before noticing Mary's catches, "But it looks like you got more than me..."

"True, but i kind of like it, it's like a little friend." He says. "So i don't mind it, although i'm not going to get a goldfish." He said opting himself out of the game.

"Say, where should we go next, then?" Rin offered, "We've got another hour until they bring the mikoshi back here. We could try doll scooping, or the straw game... Or we could go get some shaved ice, or wait for the fireworks to start..."

Rin tailed off into a long tangent, as she listed each and every activity the festival had to offer...

"I'm fine with whatever." Maria said, as she shrugged.

Mary held her fish bags ever so delicately so they wouldn't die. She hoped that the neighbors that drove her here would be willing for her to leave the fish in the air conditioned car. They were really nice to her.

"Alright, let's do that, then!"

Rin wandered toward the stand, ordering a small cup with lemon syrup. She'd already eaten a lot today, and besides, Nezu liked lemon, too, so she could pass it to him, if she couldn't finish it.

Maria followed Rin, and once she got to the front of the line, she ordered a blue raspberry flavor of syrup, and once it was coated, the vendor gave it to Mary, who thanked the vendor with a small bow. Then she licked her shaved ice, trying to make the most of the flavor, and saving it.

"When they bring the mikoshi back here, there'll be a ceremony involving Sonoko," Rin explained, as she delicately ate, "And there'll be a mass laying of flowers by the sentinels, in remembrance of Nogi Wakaba, the very first hero. She was kinda the one who started up the whole hero thing."

"Neat!" Maria said, as she licked her shaved ice again.

"I'll be right back. There's something I need to do first." Maria said, as she left the premises, and made her way to the parking lot.

There she found her neighbors car. It was unlocked for her, which wasn't the safest move, but there it was. She opened the car and it was still running, the air condition on, which was good for her fish. She set the fish bags in the middle seat, and she set the giant lizard plush in her own seat. Then she shut the car door, and headed back to her friends.

"Yeah, poor Sonoko though," Yosuki said licking his cherry sryup covered shaved ice. He remembered what one of his classmates said about her. The blond haired girl seem to know a lot about it."

"Worst part is, she didn't even know what the mankai would do to her," Rin sighed, "Her team was down, and she was the only one who could still fight. So she went mankai, and then, she ended up...Like she is..."

There was a loud thud before them, and the priests came back in, carrying the mikoshi. An altar, hooked up with all sorts of medical equipment was being prepared, as the sentinels, lesser heroes, who fought stardusts on the outside of the barrier, lay down wreaths of purple roses. They had been Sonoko's flower, when she was a hero.

The priests set the mikoshi down on the altar, and for several minutes, they arranged the equipment, hooking it to frail, useless limbs. Then, they carried the mikoshi away, leaving Sonoko on display to the crowd. She was still, and wearing nothing but a pink hospital gown. Her face, save for the one eye she could see out of, and her mouth was covered in bandages.

A sentinel held a cup to her lips and fed her ceremonial tea, despite the fact that she could not taste it. Then, the sentinel joined the rest of her army, and the priests fell to their knees.

Rin shuddered at the display. She was desperate to avoid ending up like Sonoko, but she knew that at some point, she would have to use mankai. She would have to roll the dice, and lose the use of part of her body, at random, like her fellow heroes. What would it be for her? Her legs? Her ears? Her memories, even? She dreaded the thought.

Maria eventually found he others, and walked over to them, still licking her shaved ice while Rin was explaining the mikoshi. Then, she actually saw the mikoshi. She was looking terribly disabled. Maria didn't want to end up like that. She decided she was never using mankai. Even though she knew she had to at some point.

Yosuki knew that he couldn't do anything more than look and feel bad. He knew that soon into their battles, there wouldn't be a choice. Mankai would have to be used. It could be anywhere from the last fight to the very next fight. He just hoped it wouldn't make him so disabled.

"Take a good, hard, look," Rin said coldly, "Because this is the true nature of mankai, and of the gods who give it to us. We..."

Rin took a shuddering breath in, as Nezu popped out. He floated toward the altar, joining the fairies coming out of Sonoko's phone. There were twenty-one of them, each with their own powerful weapons.

"...Are sacrifices. Understand?" she finished, "So that this world can continue to exist, we must give up our bodies to the Shinju-sama. More powerful vertexes will be coming soon, and when they do, we will have no choice but to use mankai."

"I'm telling you the truth, because the Taisha won't," Rin said coolly, pointing to the altar. "Nobody but Sonoko, and the Taisha themselves know the after-effects of mankai. They won't tell us."

Nezu still wouldn't go back to his mistress, instead staying with Sonoko's fairies.

"I'm a member of one of the most powerful families within the Taisha. I've always known that it was my fate to be a hero, to go mankai, and to end up like Sonoko...I'm only telling you this now, so you don't freak out when the time comes. Even if you go mankai, and after it fades, you find that your legs won't move anymore, or that you're totally blind, you have to keep fighting, even if you want to break down mid battle."

Rin snorted. "So, promise me you won't freak out, if that happens."

And then the sentinels, priests, and crowd, froze. Even a falling leaf from a nearby tree remained suspended in mid-air. And then, Rin's phone began ringing, with the words, 'Forestize Warning' on screen.

The festival disappeared. A barrier, with several colourful roots appeared below them. And then, three vertexes could be seen on the other side of the barrier. Four, if one counted that the Gemini class vertex was two separate beings.

Nezu flew by Rin's side as she tapped her transformation icon. She appeared momentarily, in her fighting gear.

"Which might be now."

Maria gulped as all the vertex's appeared. She quickly grabbed her phone and entered her app, transforming into her hero outfit.

"Ready?" Mary said, sweating a little.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Rin said calmly, "Whether I end up going mankai, or not."

The vertexes' presence was almost overwhelming. A giant skull-shaped monster, which had killed one of the previous heroes with its rain of piercing arrows was the first to arrive in the barrier. Sagittarius. Then came a smaller, gold vertex, with a drill at its base. Libra. And then there were the two Gemini, who appeared to be the weakest of the lot. They were incredibly small, boasting only chains as their offensive power.

"Damn it," Yosuki said. "I'd like 48 hours where we aren't needing to fight." He was a little upset that his time at the festival was interrupted. He pressed the icon on his phone, he changed into his hero outfit as Yuzu flew by his side. Yuzu did a little yip to indicate she was ready.