• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"I won a giant duck once." Yosuki said. "That was with cork guns too so it doesn't seem to be to hard." He grabbed a napkin and wrote down his address. "Here's my address in case you need me by the way." THe address showed his house on the other side of town.

"Gotcha," Rin said affirmatively, "Though, no matter where we are in town when the vertexes attack, we'll all end up together in the Shinju barrier!"

Rin returned Nezu to her phone, as she glanced up at the clock. "Say, how about we go get ready for the festival, and I'll meet you at the Nogi shrine?" She offered.

Maria felt left out from their conversation, and silently left from the building, as she was told to get ready for the festival.

When she arrived at her house, she knocked on the door, as it was locked that time of day. Maria waited patiently, but when no one came to the door, she couldn't help but ring the doorbell this time. But still, no answer.

"Maria!" shouted a voice from behind her.

The voice struck her realization as her neighbor, Carlos. Carlos ran up to Maria, a worried look on his face. He didn't know how to break the news. It was silent, until Maria spoke up.

"What?" she said, a little worry in her tone.

(I hope you don't mind, but I was hoping to use a tragic story that happened to a person I know.)

(Sure, that's ok with me)

Rin, meanwhile, went to pick out her outfit for the festival, and grab a bag, which she hoped to fill with prizes from the games.

She chose a black, silken yukata, with a white butterfly pattern, and black geta sandals, sporting butterflies on the straps. She finished the ensemble with a large hairpin, with two hellebores either side, before she headed to the Nogi shrine, bowing to two sentinels as they wandered inside.

(I used to do it all the time so i don't have a problem with it)
Yosuki put on his yukata, just normal black. Nothing special. He didn't like to stand out all that often. He grabbed his wallet and put on his shoes. "Wish me luck." He said to a portrait of his parents as he turned off the lights and left

"Your parents...they...they're...they died in a car accident." Carlos managed to mumble out.

Maria's whole world flashed before her eyes. Flashbacks of her parents and her, and the bed time stories they'd read. Then the flowers they'd put by her grandmothers grave, and the tight hugs they'd share. All of it was gone before she knew it. She tried to hold back the tears in her eyes, try to act tough, as if it didn't bother her, but no one could hold that in. A silent tear fell down her cheek, quickly followed by more, as her cry turned into a scream. A scream that echoed out a mournful spirit. Maria didn't know what to do next. All Carlos could do was pat her on the back, and tell her everything would be okay.

(I had to make it more dramatic than it really was, LOL)

(That's actually kinda funny, not the fact that they died, but that's actually how this character is orphaned. And please believe me when i say that i'm not just saying it because you did.)
Yosuki walked to the shrine, taking his time. It feels good to finally have friends in this town. He thought to himself as he walked

Rin glanced at a huge mikoshi, being carried out of the shrine gates by four of the Taisha's high priests as she waited for the others. A single girl, conscious, but unable to move lay inside.

The hero shuddered, as if disgusted by the sight of her. Inside the mikoshi was Nogi Sonoko, a former hero who had gone mankai twenty-one times, and a figure worshipped by the Taisha...

She ignored the sentiment as she noticed Yosuki coming, greeting him cordially.

"Any sign of Mary yet?" she asked.

Mary slumped onto the dirt ground, crying silently, as Carlos put the house keys by her feet. Carlos told her he was sorry, and was able to comfort her for a few minutes, before his mom called him back to the his house for lunch. He was homeschooled, if you're wondering. Maria had no choice for what to do, than to face the facts that she was now on her own. She sadly picked up the house key, and stood up, walking to her house and slipping the key in the lock. She turned the knob as soon as she took the key out, and walked inside, slamming the door shut behind her. She set the key on the mudroom table beside her, as she asked up the stairs to her living room, then another set of stairs to her bedroom. Then she slipped on her Yukata, a pink Yukata with flowers on it. Then she put on the belt, plain white. She took her hair out of its ponytail, and put it in a classic bun. She didn't put on any makeup whatsoever, and then she left the house, wiping the tears from her eyes as she made her way to the shrine.

"So far as I've seen, no." Yosuki said glancing around. "I guess she isn't here yet." He said. He looked over to the mikoshi. He knew that she was highly worshiped, as she should be. This girl was carrying the burden of the world on her shoulders.

Laura felt like Mikoshi as she arrived at the shrine. She made sure her tears were dried, and her face looked happy, as she walked in.

"I'm here." she said with a small wave.

"Assuming that we don't get any more vertex attacks today!" Rin said with a smile, "Now, where should we go first? The games, or the food?"

Rin was already pretty focused on what she wanted to win, and she'd ensured that she'd brought a bag big enough for all of her prizes. More goldfish for her tank, a giant cinnamoroll plush, from the shooting game, and some rubber duckies, for her collection, from the doll scooping game. And maybe, if she had enough money, she'd get some grilled corn, and candy apples...

"Well, I highly doubt that the vertexes would attack twice in one day." Yosuki said. He was glancing at the different shops. Food always sounded good, but when doesn't it. The games seems fun too, but that should be normal

"I say food." Maria said, as she rubbed her stomach. "I'm starving."

Maria wasn't planning on telling anyone that her parents died. So she decided to keep her game face on, trying to play it out the whole time until she went home.

"Food sounds good to me." Yosuki said, "And speaking o which, I'm buying." He said. The taisha covered plenty of expenses to cover for Yosuki, seeing as he lived alone

(Oh really?)

Rin was already gazing at all of the different items available with starry eyes. Takoyaki, yakisoba, grilled corn, candy apples, and various other festival foods all jostled for attention, as they were handed out to crowds of people clad in yukatas.

"R-really? You don't have to do that," Rin assured him, "We can pay!"

Rin nodded. "Very well. Since I am a Yuzuki, I suppose it would be improper of me to accept this kind gesture. 'Twould reflect terribly on my esteemed family."

The hero cleared her throat. "That being said, I'd like some grilled corn, and a candy apple..."

"Me? Well, I am craving a chilli dog, but I don't want my Yukata to get messy...awe, what the heck. I'll have a chill dog, but I'm buying my side of chili fries. It's the least I can do." Maria said, as she bowed in respect to Yosuki.

Then she took out her wallet, and counted out three yen, the specific amount for a chili dog.

Last edited:
(FYI: We're in Japan, so the currency is yen XD)

Rin decided to follow Yosuki to the stand, which was already quite busy. It appeared that the vendors couldn't glaze and grill the corn fast enough, as it was snatched up left and right.

(Sorry, I'm not good with currency, LOL)

As soon as Maria was with her friends, she was alone again.

"Well, I guess I can go get those cheese fries." Mary said, as she headed to a different stand.

She arrived at the stand, and payed three hundred yen for her cheese fries, and when she got them, she started munching on them, as she waited for the other two to finish up at their stand.

Last edited:
(Not trying to make fun of you but those are the cheapest fries i have ever seen, 3 yen = 0.0234 Euro or 0.025 USD)
"Oh man, am i glad i don't run a food booth here."Yosuki said trying to through the crowd. There was much chatter and anger about people stealing meals or getting the wrong meal

(I expected Yen to be like U.S dollars.)

Maria continued to eat her cheese fries. She decided to sit down at a bench, away from most of the crowd. This gave her some time to morn about her family in silence, and by herself.

(For reference, 100 yen = 1 US dollar, I believe)

"Yeah, and they don't get to play any of the fun festival games!" Rin added, "But still, I bet they make a killing selling food here!"

Finally, they reached the front of the que, and several large, freshly-grilled ears of corn, and freshly-dipped apples were being set out.

"I'll take some grilled corn, and a candy apple please, Mister!" Rin ordered, "Anything for you, Yosuki?"

(Thank you)

Maria ended up finishing her cheese fries before they were done. She loved cheese fries, and she hadn't had lunch or breakfast.

"I wonder what's taking them so long..." Maria thought, trailing off.

"Ok, that's it!" Rin said to the vendor. He ended up giving her the biggest ear of corn on his stand, and a nice, shiny apple, with a very thick coat of caramel.

She polished off the corn on the way to where Mary was, giving the husk to Nezu, before starting on her apple. She licked most of the caramel off, before getting to the centre.

"How about we go play some of the games now?" she suggested.

Rin held her hand to her chin. "I really wanna do the shooting game, but we can try goldfish scooping, doll scooping, super ball scooping, or the lucky draw," she answered, "Be careful about the goldfish scooping game, though. You get to keep however many goldfish you can catch, before your net breaks!"

"Then let's start with the shooting game!" Rin began, "And we can decide what else to do from there, until they're done parading Sonoko around the city..."

Rin shuddered once more, as thoughts of Sonoko came to mind. She had been a hero once, though Mankai had ruined her, leaving her unable to do anything for herself. She had to be bathed, and fed, and helped...With other issues. But, she was worshipped here, at this shrine.

Still, Rin handed over ¥300, enough for five tries. Nezu popped out, having smelt the corn potage ice lollies on the lower stands.

The hero aimed carefully, at a target for a cinnamoroll plushie... And missed.