• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Lets hope it starts soon...I'm getting very impatient..." Ruby muttered and growled. He glanced on his shoulder to see if his porter and fairy, Fjord, was there...he wasn't. He sighed and looked outside. "I miss you when you're not there..." He muttered.

Name: Yosuki Kitohara (Male)

Theme Flower: Hemlock

Theme colour: Dark Red

Weapon: Dual Daggers

Fairy: A little wolf name Yuzu

Previously used mankai?: Not yet

Rin glanced up at the clock, noticing that it was about time for hero training. Finally, maths was over.

"Alright, let's transform, and get to training!" she announced with a satisfied yell, "Let's go!"

Rin transformed in a flash, Nezu appearing next to her, as she hurried down five flights of stairs to a large basement, with a single person in miko garb inside.

"Miss! We're here!" Rin announced, as Nezu landed at her feet.

Yosuki noticed the girl run off and decided to follow her. "If she means hero like i think she means, that's who the taisha want me to contact" He said to himself quietly. As he followed, he hid around the corners of walls. As he followed the message he received flashed in his mind.

Yosuki Kitohara,
In regards to your parents death we have given you the ability to become a hero. Should you accept, seek out other members of the Hero Club. They will help you in beginning your path as a hero. We hope you remember the training your parents gave you.

Maria quickly got up and followed Rin, as soon as Maths was over. Mary noticed a strange male teenager following Rin, but Mary shook of the feeling, and continued to follow Rin. Soon, she arrived in the right class. Then, Mary took out her phone, and pressed the app, making her transform into her archers outfit, Kai appearing on her shoulder.

"With the new recruits, I presume," the teacher said gruffly, surveying the heroes with a degree of uncertainty. These were, after all, the children chosen by the gods to protect humanity.

She wasted no time in getting down to business. "I welcome you all to Hero Training. From now on, you will be monitored during your fights with the vertexes by us. And here, we will discuss your battle techniques, and put them into oractice."

Yosuki was growing more and more convinced that this was where he needed to be. He decided to hang back where he couldn't be seen. It would be weird if he announced that he got here by following someone

SaiyanDakon

Ruby hurried along with Rin and Mary. He quickly transformed to his knightly armor and stood beside Rin. Fjord appeared on his shoulder and smiled at Ruby. He smiled in return then returned to his original posture and stern. Grabbing the hilt of his sword, He glared at his surroundings and studied them.

"Your first battle was with the Scorpio vertex, I presume," the teacher began.

"Yes, Miss," Rin confirmed, "We understand that that vertex was mere child's play compared to"--

The teacher glared at Rin. "Yuzuki Rin, child's play, or not, it was still a vertex," she scolded, "And though you handled it well, you can never go into battle assuming that it will be easy."

Rin pouted, as thebteacher turned on the new heroes. "That goes for all of you, as well. You must be in the correct mindset, in the heat of battle."

The teacher glared at the apparent new hero, not at all appreciative of his attitude.

Rin, meanwhile, glanced down at the fine sabre in her hand. It had been a shock, when she had been chosen to be a hero, but since she'd had no choice but to accept her fate, and fight. And fight she would, to protect this world.

Nezu's gaze met his mistress'. "All things must come to pass," he said.

"Such arrogance," she spat, "I will not tolerate that attitude while you are here. Understood?"

Maria looked at the stranger mysteriously, seeing it was the boy who followed Rin. Mary returned her attention to the teacher, grasping her bow that was attached to her back, grasping it tightly in her hand.

"I'm ready whenever you are, ma'am." Maria said, politely bowing her head to the teacher.

Rin stood to attention, holding her sword up. "Seconded!" she said affirmatively.

The teacher nodded, showing the heroes to a long, bare room, with various weapons, meant to mimic the attacks of the vertexes inside.

"The next vertexes you'll be fighting will be Taurus, and Capricorn," the teacher informed them.

"Taurus...That's the one that attacks with a maddening bell chime," Rin answered, "And Capricorn attacks by realeasing blinding gas, when you expose its soul..."

"Correct," the teacher affirmed.

"But still, you must be prepared to defeat them, for if a single one reaches the Shinju-sama, humanity will be vanquished within seconds," the teacher continued.

Rin decided that now, it was her turn to step in. "Essentially, vertexes are killing machines, sent by the gods who have forsaken humanity," she explained, "Their sole purpose is to destroy all human life in this planet. Before, all we could do was push them away, but now that we have the mankai system, and we've discovered that they can be killed, for good, if we seal them and destroy their souls, we're more able to fight them. The pyramid that popped out of the one we saw before, was a soul."

SaiyanDakon

Since when did vertexes have souls? And more importantly, how did they even acquire souls? Ruby thought to himself. He shook his head and still had a firm grip on his sword. Ruby glanced at the newcomer and returned his gaze back to the teacher. Fjord hid in Ruby's hair and only did his tail peek out from the end of Ruby's head. Don't worry little buddy...this will be over quickly... He thought, when he realized that Ruby was talking to himself and not telepathically to his fairy.

"Well...that gave me a boost of confidence." Maria said to herself sarcastically, listening to what the teacher had said..

Them she adjusted her quiver, before returning her attention back to Rin.

"It is a hero's duty," Rin said gruffly, having heard Mary, "The gods chose us. We have no choice but to fight, and to kill these things."

"There is much to be learned, heroes," the teacher continued, "For now, I will pass you through a vertex attack simulation. For this, you will be blindfolded, amd you will have to search for a fake vertex soul, and destroy it quickly. This should mimic your experience in fighting wi"--

She froze suddenly, as did the attending Taisha members.

Rin's phone rang, and on the screen, there was a strange message, labelled, 'Forestize warning'.

Rin simply sighed. "Forget training," she grunted, "We're about to fight the capricorn vertex fir real."

And then the classroom melted away, and the heroes were once again dropped into a barrier made from colourful roots.

"Ah man," Yosuki said, "And it was just getting good." He said hopping off of the box before it dissappeared. He pulled out his pone and pressed the button, giving him his weapons, armor, and Yuzu

Maria gasped, as the room disappeared before her, and she heard of the Capricorn that was coming. She made a large gulp, as Kai, being a coward, hid inside her quiver.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby drew out his sword. "Capricorn, huh? It blinds you when its soul is exposed. This...will be a problem but nothing like warriors like us can't handle..." He grinned, determined to defeat this vertex. Fjord popped out of Ruby's head and tilted his head.

Yosuki gripped his daggers. "Let's get this done." He said. Yuzu yapped in response before making a stance. "Do you guys have a plan as far as how we want to do this or is it everyone for themselves?"

"It's never every man for himself. It's no man left behind." Maria said, as she quickly grasped an arrow, and slipped the end into the string of her bow, preparing to attack soon.

"And I have no plan. Just attack is what I go for." Mary continued.

"Agreed. Since this thing attacked before our training, we have no choice but to go in blind. Literally, in this case," Rin added, "Since most of us use close range weapons, we'll need to attack head on, with the exception of Mary, who can cover us from behind."

Rin glanced over her shoulder at the approaching vertex. It, fortunately, appeared to be very slow moving.

Maria saw the vertex and immediately started shooting arrows at it, not knowing whether there was a cost, or price to pay while she did, or not. Mary also couldn't help but notice how slow the vertex was moving.

Yosuki looked down at his daggers, an idea formulating into his mind. He held the dagger by the blade and threw it in the air, the dagger hit the vertex... with the hilt. The vertex was entirely unfazed by the throw. "Okay," Yosuki said. "Maybe i shouldn't do that until after i practice some more. The dagger disappeared from the ground and reappeared in his sheathe. "That's also new"

The vertex appeared somewhat angered by the attacks, and floated toward the heroes a little faster. Its horn like tentacles swished as it moved, centering on the heroes.

"I think that's as fast as it can go," Rin relayed, drawing her sword, "Now, let's keep going. Sealing it is going to be the easy part, after all."

Rin dashed forward, Nezu at her side, as she drew her sabre. The hero never once broke her fencing stance as she lunged at the creature.

"Until it's sealed, I would assume," Rin answered, "When the time comes, we will be relying solely on our ears. We will need to listen for its presence, and strike accordingly."

And the hero went in for another thrust.

SaiyanDakon

"I'm going in..." Ruby said to them. He ran toward the vertex and began slashing at points that would make it expose its soul. Come on you bastard...release it! He thought, angered.

Maria had shot arrow after arrow, always making sure she aimed correctly at the vertex. After her arrows were shot into he vertex, they stayed there, until Maria ran out of arrows.

Rin too went in for a heftier attack than simple sabre thrusts, as the vertex faltered. Though it did not have an official name, she still loved to name her attacks.

"Into the jaws of Hell, rode the three hundred...Light brigade!"

And the hero's sabre became cloaked in light, as she released a barrage of light from the end. Finally, it seemed that the vertex was down, and ready for sealing.

"Right, nice work, guys," Rin praised, "But now, here comes the hard part. Commence sealing!"

As usual, Nezu sat on the end of Rin's fist, as hellebore streams swirled around the vertex.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby stopped attacking and held out his fist likewise. Fjord glared at the vertex as the Jade Vines appeared and started entwining with the Hellebore Streams. "This is it..." Ruby muttered to Rin, hoping that the Capricorn vertex would reveal its soul. Fjord looked down at Ruby, then Nezu, Rin, Mary then back at Ruby.

Yosuki didn't have enough time before the blinding happened. "Hey you guys are gonna have to tell me if im pointing the wrong way" He said. The way the voices we going made it sound like the had formed a circle. He pointed his fist towards what he could only assume to be the soul.

The creature struggled and part of it began to to shudder as a small, mouth-like opening formed, and the soul popped out. Immediately, the soul released a blinding purple gas as it began to fly around the vertex.

Rin panicked. "I don't think so!" she shouted into the mist, "Ugh, I can't even see my fairy, let alone the soul!"

Nezu scampered up Rin's arm, unsure of what to do. He couldn't see, hear, or sniff out the soul, so it had to be near somebody else...

SaiyanDakon

Ruby growled and Fjord did likewise. "Wait a minute....Rin, Mary! Fjord has wings! He can move the clouds out of the way!" He called out. Fjord tilted his head in confusion but nodded, understanding what was needed. He flew up and started flapping his wings away from the heroes and at the vertex, possibly so the vertex would be blind.

Last edited:
Maria was soon blinded, and couldn't see. She wasn't even sure what was going on. All she could hear was Ruby saying something about Fjord, moving away clouds to see the vertex.