• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"And you've lost the use of your arm," Rin said solemnly, "Shinju alive...So this is the cost of just one mankai..."

Nezu nodded at Fjord, while Tsuchi merely bowed. Nezu had always been blind, but what he lacked in sight, he made up for in everything else. He just hoped that Rin and Ruby would be able to do the same...

Rin regained her composure, biting her lip. "I think now, you two will be getting more fairies. I can feel another one sitting on my shoulder. Her name's...Tsuchi."

Rin nodded. "Hah...I hope we can get used to it soon. I don't want Mary to think she has to pick up the slack for us when we battle!"

It was going to be hard, fighting now that she was blind, but Rin knew that Tsuchi's powers would help her make up for it. If Nezu gave her a simple sabre, then she was curious to find out what this new fairy, Tsuchi, could do for her in battle...

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Well, I don't see-" Ruby began but he was interrupted by a tail covering his mouth, as if it told him to be quiet. The tail retreated and a head was visible in front of Ruby. The fairy looked at him with curiosity and glanced at Fjord, revealing her name to him: Tao. "I guess this is what you were talking about." Ruby commented to Rin, mentioning Tao. She went up to the other fairies, greeting them.

SaiyanDakon

"Well...I don't know really. Rin, what do you think?" Ruby asked, lowering his arms so Fjord and Tao can climb back onto his shoulders. The two seemed like really great friends, especially with Nezu and the other fairies. "This is Tao. Someone I can tell that will cause a lot of mischief but that will help us." He said, introducing the black fairy to the other heroes.

Rin frantically shook her head. "Nope, that's ok," she said, having become visibly uncomfortable, "I'm a Yuzuki. I could probably arrange for the Taisha to carry me to school on a mikoshi, now that I've gone mankai, though!"

SaiyanDakon

Ruby grinned and looked at Yosuki and Rin. "Well...If we've all gone through Mankai...aren't we like...nevermind." He said. "I'm probably not going to be doing anything after school besides training. Its going to be more difficult now that I'm disabled." Ruby looked at the sky, which was getting darker and darker by the hour.

"And to think that we have six vertexes left to go," Rin commented, "Ones even more powerful than that Sagittarius..."

The hero shook her head. "For now, all we can do is try to keep going, mankai effects or not. And learn how to use whichever weapons our new fairies give us."

SaiyanDakon

"I agree..." Ruby agreed, smiling. Tao lied down on top of Ruby's head and looked at Nezu. "If only there were a cure for Mankai..." He muttered. Fjord growled in agreement and looked over at Tao. She rolled her eyes and went to sleep, being the silent one.

"This is just the price we pay for it," Rin said solemnly, "The Shinju may be on our side, but it is a god. Gods have always demanded sacrifices, and in exchange for saving the world, we sacrifice our bodies. It's just the way it is."

(...this is why I hate the video game rule...)

"Later." Maria said, as she shoved her hands in her pocket and headed to her neighbors car. They were awake, and they looked pretty mad at her.

"Where were you?" they asked with an aggravated tone.

"Sorry, I was saving the world..." Mary said, as she buckled up.

They drove her home, she found a tank for her fish, and she went to bed with the giant lizard plush.

Rin nodded, as she gave a rather strange order to her new fairy. "Tsuchi, help Nezu guide me home."

The fairies obeyed, gently guiding their now blind mistress back to her house. Rin's parents were busy supervising a ritual with the sentinels, so they wouldn't be home for hours yet.

Rin slipped into her nightgown, feeling around for it in the darkness, before she switched her phone off. Come morning, her parents would know of her fate.

Yosuki walked home. He looked in his left pocket for his keys. he couldn't feel them. He pulled out his hand out of the pocket to find it all scratched up because of the keys. "Oh, right." He said as he reached over with his right hand to grab the keys. He unlocked the door and went inside. He looked at the picture of his parents. "I'm home," He said. "I went Mankai today. I lost feeling in my arm. My friends had it a lot worse. Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that i made friends first." He said to the picture.

(I can't be on my computer, iPad, or phone during days of school, so I end up missing a lot, like I just did. It sucks)

Maria woke up in the middle of the night, and went to use the bathroom. After washing her hands, she looked in the tub that held her fish. One had already floated to the top, and she fished it out, flushing it sadly. Then she went back and put some fish pellets in the tub, which the fish happily ate. Maria got back into bed and squeezed her plush while praying to the gods to keep her mother, father, and fish safe.

Rin awoke early the next morning, thanks to her first fairy, feeling around for her school dress. She lumbered to the dining room, hanging onto whatever she could, to steady herself; doorknobs, the counter, and even, at one point, her father's apron.

When he felt his daughter behind him, Rin's father glanced up at the two fairies beside her. There was no mistake; she'd gone Mankai, and in the process, had become totally blind.

Rin didn't object as he lead her to a Taisha appointed medic, to get her a cane, and it was decided that instead of school, she would spend the day, next to Sonoko, on an altar, to be worshipped by passers by. Having had the Shinju's power within her, Rin's status had been elevated, and her family would now be even more powerful within the Taisha.

SaiyanDakon

Ruby walked home, which was far for him. "So...this is the end of my day right now...tomorrow will be different." He said, tired. He opened the front door with his keys and looked Into his home. "Hey Dad...stay sleep..." He muttered, closing the door silently and tip-toeing to his room without waking the man up. Ruby changed into his pajamas and flopped on his bed, tired.
(Forgot to type this earlier)

Rin yawned as she felt for her new cane, not fond of sitting around all day being worshipped.All she wanted to do was go back to school, mankai or not.

She waited until the attending priests and sentinels were gone, before she slipped off of the altar she'd been put on, feeling her way to the door. Now, all she could do was hope that she could feel her way to school...

Yosuki did a quick jog to school. "I wonder how rin is doing." He said out loud. As he arrived at the gates he looked up at the school building. "Oh, hello Yosuki!" A pink haired girl said. "Huh? Oh good morning." He said waving before going into the building

Rin felt around the road ahead, listening out for cars before she made her way across. Nezu steered her in the right direction, having come to school wither her many times before, while Tsuchi merely watched, and learned. She'd need this knowledge later.

"You sure this is it, Nezu?" Rin enquired, as her fairy stopped her.

The fairy tapped her twice on the shoulder, which Rin took as a yes.

Maria walked to school, and saw Rin there already at front gate, her fairy's helping her see the way. Mary walked over to Rin, and tried not to scare her.

"Hi, Rin. Aren't you supposed to be, y'know, worshipped today?" Mary asked, confused why she was at school.

Rin heard Mary's voice to her left, and steered herself in that direction, trying to avoid poking her with her new cane.

"I was," she answered, "But I got bored after the first half-hour. It's all well and good being worshipped, but sitting on that altar is all kinds of uncomfortable..."

SaiyanDakon

(Sorry I haven't been on lol. I blame the Hurricane for knocking out my power)

Ruby woke up in a jolt to have realized he overslept. "Ah Crap...gonna be late." He muttered, getting out of bed. Ruby quickly got dressed for school and his morning things that should be done. He rushed downstairs and grabbed a breakfast bar and headed out the door with his backpack. Tao and Fjord flew close by as Ruby locked the door and walked to school, growling.

(Isn't there a discussion page to this?)

Maria nodded, as if to say 'I see'.

"Well, we better get to class." Mary said, before hesitating.

Does she want me to help her? Maybe. But what if she doesn't? What if by asking her she thinks that I think she can't help herself? What if she gets mad, and we break our friendship forever, and she never wants to talk to me again? Maria thought, over exaggerating a bit. But then she realized it would be nice to ask in case.

"Would you like me to help you get there?" Maria asked. "It may be my second day, but I know the school pretty well now."

Rin shook her head. "It's fine," she answered, "I need to learn to get around by myself, now that I'm blind."

She understood her fellow hero's good intentions, but Rin knew that she couldn't get too used to relying on others. Especially not since she was a hero; now that she was down a pair of eyes, she had to rely solely on her other senses. What she lacked in sight, she needed to be able to make up for, in everything else.

"Anyway," she began, "I think we have food tech first today. Upstairs and to the right...I think."

Rin tried to feel around for the stairs, but unknowingly, all she found was a box. She tried to step on it, only for Tsuchi and Nezu to stop her.

"Ok, that wasn't the stairs, then," she remarked.