• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

Rin went through as many different obstacles as possible, relying on her ears, as always.

Blindness be damned! I will protect Shikoku! It's my sole duty! My sole reason for existing!

She collapsed to the floor, exhausted. Her sole reason for existing...

At his house, Yosuki was in the backyard, throwing knives at targets while Yuzuki watched, bringing him coffee every now and then. Yosuki's aim was getting much, much better. Hitting very close to the center with every knife thrown.

Rin got up immediately, continuing to train. Wallowing in her thoughts was only going to make her quiver when the big bad vertex eventually came. But still, they preyed on her mind. What fighting that thing would cost. How she was but a sacrifice for the good of the world. How...How once it was all over, and there was nothing left of her, another hero would be chosen to take her place.

And that's the way it would go on forever.

"Lunch is ready Nii-San!" Yuzuki called from the kitchen. "Take a break and come eat." Yosuki, having been throwing knives in the hot sun, threw one last bulls eye before going in the house. Yuzuki had made him a sandwich. "Thank you Yuzuki." He smiled to her before eating it.

Rin carried on training until way into the night, her mind a complete blur. She wouldn't let anything, worries or not, invade her mind.

"Lady Rin, your father is starting to worry. You should come home."

Rin barely stirred at the sound of one of her father's servants. "I can't, Suzume. There's a huge vertex coming, and I have to be ready for it."

"My lady, you will not be battle ready if you are too exhausted to fight," Suzume answered, "You really ought to"--

"Tell my father I'll be another hour, and then I'll come home," Rin said gruffly, "I also won't be battle ready if I don't have full command over my weapons."

"As you wish, my lady," Suzume begrudgingly said, walking away.

Yosuki, after slicing through blocks of wood, decided it was time to stop for a while and prepare for bed. Yuzuki, already in her nightwear, greeted him as he went back inside. After a quick shower and some coffee, he sat at the desk in the office, working for a bit.

Rin eventually returned home, collapsing on the sofa, still in her hero outfit. Her fairies were unsure if they should let her continue her training; they couldn't have her becoming too worn out to continue fighting, or killing herself from fatigue.

The hero did not have a restful sleep. Images of Daniel, oand of Rosalia without a working leg flooded her mind. And of what she wpuld lose next...

Yosuki stayed up pretty much all night, which was fine because he barely slept anyways. But what kept him up this time wasn't work. It was the thoughts of what could potentially happen during the fight.

Rin awoke early the next morning, not even bothering to eat breakfast, a rarity for her. All she wanted to do was train. Train until she was the toughest hero there ever was. Train until her muscles gave out, and she fainted from exhaustion.

Yosuki looked at the clock. It was six in the morning. He had stayed all night again. He got up and began to brew coffee, being careful not to wake his sister. After a cup of coffee, he decided to sit on the balcony and look over the ocean coast.

Throw. Pull. Stab. Throw. Pull. Stab.

Rin kept up that routine for Shinju only knows how long. Her muscles were aching, and her stomach was growling, but she didn't stop her training, even for a second.

Rin ignored all distractions, continuing to train. Though her muscles hurt, and her body was screaming for some kind of fuel, she dragged a sack of flour close with her kusarigama, and sliced it in two within seconds.

"Not fast enough," she declared, setting her nonexistent sights on a five kilogram sack of cocoa butter

"Can't talk. Gotta get strong!" Rin declared, skewering the bag, "Gotta get strong for the battle so I don't end up like Daniel, or Rosalia. Or worse, I end up falling to that damn vertex, and this entire region becomes vertex bait!"

"That won't happen," she assured him, "That bastard vertex has gotta be re-born before it attacks Japan, which will take a while. And if it's hitting Europe, Japan's probably not gonna be on its kill list for a while yet."

"Well, still." He said "We don't specifically know how long it could take. So it's better to play it safe." He knew that it would take a while, but he also knew that if she continued the way she was going, something bad may end up happening during the fight."

She tried to skewer another bag, only to find that her arm had seized up too much for her to throw the chain.

"Dammit. Looks like I have to take a break for now," she remarked, "I'll be in the back getting okami udon. Want some?"

"I'll go as hard as I need to, until I'm battle ready," she responded gruffly, "And you should too. You've already lost the use of one arm, and I've gone totally blind. We need to avoid acquiring more disabilities, if we can."

She placed the udon down with a thud, cracking a ton of pepper into hers.

"Anyway, if we've gotta eat healthily, we've gotta do it right. Delicious udon, and crunchy but healthy nori seaweed is the way to go, at least, for me," Rin answered, "Supplements can't substitute real food, after all."

Yosuki sent a text to Yuzuki saying that he was going to stay with rin for the day in case she overworks herself. "Well, I'll watch you then." He said putting the phone away

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Ruby was outside, calming his thoughts with the sounds of nature. "Using this energy source is a one way to achieving peace inside me." He said.

Tao and Fjord were napping next to a small pond.

"Those two are my companions...they'll help me as I'll help them." Ruby concluded, closing his eyes.

Rin transformed, summoning her fairies to her side once more, as she once again attacked sacks of things from her mother's bakery. Tsuchi gave her her kusarigama, and she got to work.

A bag of stale doughnuts was reduced to crumbs and shredded burlap. A bag of rotting mizu-manju became fine powder, like the agar it had once been.

Rin continued her slaughter until she had reduced every bit of bakery waste to shreds, crumbs, and little bits of agar and vermicelli. Nothing remained left for her to destroy, and now, her arms were hurting a little...

"No pain, no gain," she said gruffly, flexing her fingers. They were hurting a bit from gripping her kusarigama too hard, not that she was gonna let it show...