• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"Maybe you're right. My hands are hurting from swinging the chain, and gripping the scythe end of my kusarigama," Rin complained, doing away with her transformation. Her fairies hovered ominously beside her, neither of them showing any concern for their hero.

Yosuki drank more of the coffee he had been given by Rin's mother. "So what do you plan on doing now?" He asked. "You're pretty mush top notch so there isn't more to improve upon"

"Are you kidding me? One can never stop improving at learning to fight vertexes!" Rin said indignantly, "And besides, I need to build more lean muscle. My throwing arm gets tired quickly, and I can't have that in battle!"

"Unfortunately it's not as simple as you say it is." Yosuki said. "Trust me. I've trained super hard before. And you know what i got? Tired and a cold." Yosuki said.

"Well, that's not gonna happen to me," Rin said proudly, "I never get sick. And training hard always yields results in the end, you just gotta stick with it! That's what my grandma, a former hero, used to say!"

Yosuki decided not to push the issue further. "Well, if you say so." He said. As much as he didn't want her to hurt herself, he didn't want to push the point any further due to the possibility of it intervening their friendship

Rin thought back to when she was little, and her granny had told her tales about when she was a hero. She too had had the hellebore as her theme flower, and back when the mankai system didn't exist, she'd had a cutlass for a weapon. She'd had to train hard, and stay in a compound away from her family, and watch comrades die, all in the name of saving the world.

"Boy, that really sucks," Rin complained, "Oh well. At least we're making something really yummy in food tech. Concertos...'

Concertos were Rin's all-time favourite dessert. Thick mousse, covered with rich dark ganache, and bottomed with a delicate praline wafer...Nothing could beat them.

"Yup." Yosuki said. "That sounds good." He envisioned the desserts in his mind, only for them to turn into homework. Yosuki shuddered at the image of papers overflowing his desk.

Rin found it strangely pleasant to be talking about non-hero related stuff, for the first time in what felt like forever. It felt more normal...More like what her life could have been, if she weren't born into the Taisha...

"And Yuzuki is transferring too." Yosuki said. "And since she's cute... That means that for at least a week I'm going to have to deal with people who want to know more about her." Yosuki said. "Those people are the reason why girls think all men are pigs."

"Nah. I was more worried about everyone wanting to date her." Yosuki said. "There is only one girl in our class that would want to know if she would be a hero, and I'd shut her down." The image of a blond girl popped into his head for a split second. "Trust me. I'll make sure she is never a hero. Everything i can do to prevent it, I will." Yosuki had a look of determination on his face.

"Whatever you say," Rin answered. It couldn't be helped who the gods chose; she of all people knew that. At her first hero trials, there were girls screaming and crying that they didn't want to be heroes, and were struck off with great relief, upon being told that the gods no longer were interested...

"As much as I'm not looking forward to school." Yosuki said changing the topic. "At the very least it will give me something to do rather then just wait for what happens next."

"Yeah, or worry about Raùl's team, and Rosalia," Rin responded "With time, Daniel will learn to walk again, and for now, Rosalia's told me that the vertexes have left England alone. We can only hope the same will happen to us..."

Yosuki nodded. "Ah man, looks like the sun is setting. I should probably get back home." Yosuki said standing up. "Yuzuki will kill me if I stay out super late." Yuzuki tended to get really worried about her brother, no matter how much she knows he can take care of himself. "I'll see you at school tomorrow." Yosuki waved before taking off down the street.

Yosuki, arriving home, got a welcome of dinner made by his sister. They both ate before getting ready for bed. Yuzuki crawled into bed and fell asleep shortly after while Yosuki worked into the night, before falling asleep hours later at his desk.

In the morning, Rin awoke quickly, feeling around her cane, as always, before getting ready for the day. Today, there wasn't even hero training, and for once in her life, she could have a day like any other schoolgirl in Japan. Lessons, a hastily-made bento lunch with Yosuki, and then...Homework, most likely.

"Yosuki... Wake up!" Yosuki was awoken by a mix of his alarm going of and his sister in her uniform shaking him. He opened his eyes and shut the alarm off. "You really need to stop working so late." Yuzuki said with worry in her voice. "I'm fine." He said stretching and getting up from the chair he fell asleep in. He got ready for school, bag in his hand, as the two siblings walked to school together.

Rin saw Yosuki come in the gates, and she greeted with a yawn, as she flt around for the entrance. For a school home to a team of heroes, it didn't have much in the way of accessibility, for when they went disabled due to mankai...

"You sure you don't need help?" Yosuki asked in the half asleep tone he always spoke in. "We have the same classes so it's not a problem." He said. Yuzuki held onto his arm that could feel. Still a little tired herself.

"No, no, I'm fine," Rin insisted, "I gotta get used to life without my eyes. I can't go depending on other people for everything, after all..."

She felt around for her planner, running her finger over the thin braille prints. "It's food tech first today! Concertos, here we come!"

Yosuki chuckled and took Yuzuki to the first year classroom. He left before the commotion of a new student stirred. He went back to his own classroom and prepared to make the Concertos.

Yosuki quietly worked on making them at his station, concentrating on making it as tasty as possible. Yosuki normally didn't talk while he was making food items so that he didn't break his concentration and miss a step.

Rin, meanwhile, spoke aloud often, when cooking. She liked to pretend that she was on a cooking show, even though she was pretty camera shy...

"And that, is how you make a perfect concerto!" she declared finishing one with gold leaf and a chocolate curl.

Yosuki, having finished his about 10 seconds before Rin did, started applauding. "Well done Chef Rin." Yosuki said in a joking manor. "Please enlighten us peasants more!" he said trying his hardest not to laugh mid sentence.

Rin pouted, accidently dropping a bit of gold leaf as she whipped around to face Yosuki, "I just take pride in my concertos, that's all!" she pouted, "They're only my absolute favourite treats!"

"Sorry, sorry. It was just a joke." Yosuki said trying to calm her down. Yosuki's Concertos looked to be just a little above average, but they still didn't stand a chance against Rin.

Yosuki used his phone to look at his planner, being the tech guy that he is. "It looks like English next." He said. He was proficient to get by in English but it didn't harm him to retake the course.