• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"This makes six, so, technically, we're halfway through our mission," Rin responded, "If my memory serves me correctly, we have taurus, aries, cancer, leo, aquarius, and capricorn left to battle. For now..."

No effort had been made to spare Rin from the truth, growing up in the Taisha, and thus, she was aware of everything there was to know about the world, and the vertexes, and the mankai system. The world was in a universe-sized force-field. Outside of the Shinju barrier was a hell-like domain, where vertexes were born. And reborn, once defeated. And heroes were the sacrifices offered to them in exchange for safety; they'd fight vertexes, over and over and over, until they were vegetables. And then new heroes would be chosen. It was the only way to save the world.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Ruby's armor dimmed and faded back into his casual clothes. "Never thought we'd be this far in our mission...what do you plan to do afterward?" He asked. Ruby's curiosity began to rose when he asked them the question.

"I'll probably chill out and find myself a girlfriend." Yosuki said. "Or I'll become a social outcast and drain the worlds coffee supply. It's 50/50 at this point" Yosuki shrugged

"You mean...After the vertex invasion is over?" Rin began, swallowing, "Well, I never gave much thought to that. I'll probably become a bhikkuni. I was born to serve the gods, after all."

Many of the children born into the Taisha stayed in the religious life, heroes or not. Most girls in the past, before the mankai system, had become bhikkuni, nuns who tended the shrines, and had visions of the gods.

SaiyanDakon

"I might teach the new recruits of the next vertex invasion...when that does happen, that is." Ruby responded, covering his left eye with his palm. Tao and Fjord looked at each other, confused. "I might have too..if its what the gods want or what I want. They'll get the final say..." He said.

"We're what's offered to them, in exchange for the world's safety," Rin sighed, this time with a twinge of sadness. She'd never thought about having a normal life, at least, not before she'd met her fellow heroes. They all had such...Normal backgrounds, compared to her. Did they miss normality? Or were they glad for the powers, and the worship?

She suddenly thought of what she'd have done, if only she had a different life. Maybe she'd have gone to France, to study the art of pastry. Maybe she'd have opened her own patissierie. Maybe she'd have been happy. But no. She couldn't be. She'd never be.

"And it's...Our duty," she finished, biting her lip. Nezu and Tsuchi paid her no heed.

SaiyanDakon

"Hey Rin...if there will be a new invasion...I'll be glad enough to fight beside you." Ruby said, "You too, Yosuki. Because you guys are my friends and we protect each other." He crossed his arms and glanced at Tao and Fjord. The two fairies decided to nap during this. "Seriously? You two sleep during all this?" He muttered.

Rin glared at her own fairies. They stood to attention, saluting their mistress.

"I suppose if I'm doomed to fight until I'm crippled, then I'm glad I'l be doing it with you guys," Rin decided, "Let's hope that the Taisha will keep us together, eh?"

SaiyanDakon

Ruby smiled and laughed slightly. "Agreed." He said. Ruby lightly tapped Fjord's and Tao's tail and they woke up instantly. "Wonder if my dad ever cares about me? Doesn't look like that to me." He said under his breath, his hand turning into a fist.

"Yeah." Yosuki said to the two about the friendship. Even if we he was just a sacrifice, he had no family left, so it wasn't like there was going to be anything he could do if he wasn't a hero. "But, for now, we still have time to enjoy things in life!" Yosuki said. "So we should enjoy it!"

SaiyanDakon

"Should we go spend the remainder of the time there?" Ruby asked. Tao and Fjord were interested now. "Its some time that we do have left and we do deserve something for being halfway through our mission." He said, trying to convince Rin and Yosuki.

SaiyanDakon

"Yeah! Lets do it!" Ruby said, grinning. He felt like he should tell them about his actual dream but he decided to wait. "Which way to shaved Ice?" He asked.

"Yeah! C'mon then!"

And Rin grabbed the hands of her fairies, relying on them for direction. Shaved ice stands were everywhere in this festival...

"The best place for shaved ice is Mr Shirayuki's stand," Rin offered, "It's right at the back, and the line is lomg, but it's so worth it! It's like eating fresh snow!"

SaiyanDakon

"Fresh Snow huh? Seems like a try though I...never tried shaved Ice." Ruby admitted. Tao hopped onto Ruby's head and nuzzled him. Fjord got a little jealous and did the same thing.

"Then you're in for a treat!" Rin chirruped, "Imagine eating a mountain of fluffy, powdery snow, covered in any flavour syrup you can imagine...They have strawberry, blue hawaii, melon, lemon, cherry, yuzu..."

And Rin launched into a long tangent about every flavour of shaved ice she'd tried. She'd never forget the time she had azuki bean ice...Not because it was her favourite, but because of the wird torture-device like thing the guy at the stand used to shave it...

Rin shook her head, snapping back to reality. "Probably blue hawaii. I haven't had it in ages!"

Nezu squeezed her hand, while Tsuchi pointed to a corn potage ice lolly sign.

"Geez, why do my fairies have such weird tastes?" she remarked aloud, "Yes Nezu, Tsuchi, I'll get you corn potage ice lollies..."

"Odd, my fairies have the same taste as I do." Yosuki said. His fairy made a tiny yap before hopping onto Yosukis head. He looked to be the size of half a puppy.

SaiyanDakon

"Fjord likes what I eat it but Tao doesn't. Its quite strange, really." Ruby said. The two dragons were debating on what flavor to get, causing Ruby to chuckle. "Settle down..I'll get us all a cherry." He reassured his fairies. Tao looked delighted and curious while Fjord was just plain happy.

"It's weird that our fairies like food at all, since they technically don't need to eat," Rin added, "I mean, they're just creatures sent by the gods to ensure our survival, and give us our weapons..."

Nezu stopped her in front of a ice lolly stand, where she bought two corn potage ice lollies for her fairies. Nezu gulped his down in one bite, while Tsuchi nibbled delicately at hers.

"I know, but their tastes kind of give them a fake personality or something." Yosuki said. "I mean, it be kind of a chore to just have a completely emotionless being helping us, if anything that would get in the way." He continued

"True, though some fairies seem to have too much personality," Rin responded, "I knew a hero from Seville, in Spain, and her fairy was terribly greedy. She'd eat anything in front of her, and even eat off of her plate!"

SaiyanDakon

"Wow..that's insane but fairies are more like companions to what I see. They can aid you in fierce problems." Ruby said, ordering a cherry lollie for the two fairies of his and one for himself. Tao looked at the lollie and bit into it, the biting more of the ice, knowing she liked it.

"They are our comrades in battle, indeed," Rin agreed, buying blue Hawaii shaved ice for herself. Pineapple and coconut syrup was incredible, whatever the weather, especially with the fluffy ice beneath it.

"Now that I'm totally blind, it's hard for me to get around by myself, but who needs a service dog when you have two fairies, right?!"

Yosuki heard marchosias snore, signaling that he was fast asleep. "Man, even with all this noise." Yosuki said stroking his head

"True" Yosuki said getting an espresso shaved ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanDakon

Ruby chuckled and ate a piece of his shaved ice. He felt a little shudder run through his body and felt submissive towards the taste. "Its so good." He said, eating the cherry flavored ice.

"Say," Rin pondered aloud, "I don't want to go mankai again, but if I have to, I wonder what fairy I'll get next?"

She glanced at her two. They were a bit of a strange combination; a blindfolded, twin-tailed mouse, and a girl with a spider-themed dress. The mouse gave her a sabre, and the girl gave her a kusarigama.

"And what weapon, come to think of it," she added, "If Tsuchi, the fairy I got for my mankai, gave me a weapon that's a lot more useful, and better-ranged than my sabre, I wonder what a third fairy could give me..."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just a reminder - according to our rules, posts need to be at least a paragraph long. There are many one-liners here, and they need to stop, post-haste. Also, keep OOC blather out of the RP forums. That's what the discussion boards are for. Lastly, Forums are NOT an immediate form of communication. Immediate response is not expected nor obligatory, and you really have no point announcing that you're going to 'brb' or something to that effect - as that is essentially off-topic SPAM. Forums are not chat rooms.

Also, please do not post twice or more in a row, as that is against our global rules. See the little button at the bottom of your posts saying "Edit"? Use that to edit your posts and add further thoughts if no one posted after you did.

"Ah, that's a good question." Yosuki said. He put his hand to his chin, pondering over a list of weapons that could come up during his next time going mankai. If anything, it would be a long range weapon. More than likely a projectile firing weapon. His knives were more meant to be a short range weapon, but until now, he hasn't had another weapon to use, meaning he had to make do.

"Whatever they gave us, they'd have to be careful. After all, you never know what part of you the gods might take away...Good thing I don't use rifles, or hand grenades!"

Rin's blindness meant that she now relied solely on her hearing, when it came to fighting vertexes. She had to listen closely for the sounds of any movement, before striking with her sword, or throwing her kusarigama.

"Honestly, dual pistols or a rifle would be useful to me." Yosuki said. "They are high in damage and manage to fire quickly. Although, the cost could be high." He continued, his head lowering. "But, anyways, what day is it today?" He asked. He hasn't seen what day it was for a while, he hoped the weekend was coming up though. He could end up staying home and working on some homework. Yeah, right! He was going to procrastinate and hang out around the house.

Last edited: