• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Mankai, Sange: A Yuki Yuna Is A Hero RP

"Friday, why?" Rin answered, "Got any fun weekend plans?"

She'd probably play with her fairies, and try out a new recipe, if nothing else was on. Rin's mother had just developed a recipe for polvorones, and she was desperate to make it. Sweet, crumbly cinnamon biscuits....She could just imagine the beautiful smell that would fill her kitchen.

"Not really, maybe I might come by your shop for some sweets and coffee" Yosuki smiled. He didn't really have anywhere to go. Not since his sister moved overseas. "That is, if it's okay with you."

"Ah, that all sounds amazing." Yosuki said. "Well you can definitely count on me bring there." It would be nice to hang out at a place like that. The smell of fresh baked goods would be in the background as the friends hung out.

"It's gonna be awesome!" Rin promised, "You can eat to your heart's content! I'm sure Mama won't mind~"

The hero polished off the last of her shaved ice, drenching the last scoop in all of the remaining syrup, before horking it down. By now, her lips were bright blue, and her fairies were done eating.

"Well, count me there!" Yosuki said. He ate his shaved ice as well. "Mmm, now a coffee sounds really good." He said, but of course coffee always sounds good to him.

Rin glared playfully at her fellow hero. "You're always thinking about when the next coffee's coming, huh," she chuckled, "Ok, see you first thing tomorrow!"

And she made her way back home, holding the hands of her fairies as she did so.

Rin walked in through the back door, receiving a lecture from her father for not staying put all day, before she went up to bed. Her mother would be up in a few hours, to bake the morning's pastries.

"Lady Rin."

Rin was stopped in her tracks by one of her father's maids, who took her cardigan, and her bag, before she disappeared into her room, fed her fish, and went to sleep.

Yosuki poured himself a cup of coffee, and sat on the computer. He worked away well into the night, working on a song so that he could possibly get more money. He worked until sleepiness took over and he fell asleep at his desk

Rin awoke early the next morning, as always, feeding her fish, eating breakfast in a hurry, and then getting dressed. As always, she chose a reasonably smart dress and shoes, before going and sitting in the bakery.

"Ah yum!" Youski said. "Can I get one of those and a coffee please?" He asked pulling out some cash. He smiled, "By the way, if you ever need help around the shop, im your guy"

"Sure! Everything was just made, so it'll be super fresh! Rin answered, before passing the order onto her mother. She returned momentarily with two honey-glazed wings of pastry, one for each of them, plus Yosuki's coffee, and a mug of milk and cream for Rin (She hated coffee).

"Ah, thank you very much" Yosuki said. He took a drink off the coffee. Straight... Black... Coffee. He also took a bite off the pastry. "Wow, it's extremely good." Yosuki said. He smiled. "If I ever find a girl, I'll have to bring her here." He laughed

"Yeah. I hope it's a while before the next ones come. Especially with how many we've already gotten." Yosuki said putting his head on his arm. "I'd like to settle down for a while before the next fight."

"Me too," she agreed, "It'd be nice to at least feel normal for a bit, and do things other kids our age are doing. Like seeing movies, and going shopping, and feeding each other ice cream, and picking our noses...Ok, I was kidding abput that last part, but you know what I mean."

Yosuki chuckled. "Yeah, but you're right." He said. "I mean. As pessimistic as it sounds, we may not have much time left. The least the could do is give us some time to enjoy ourselves."

"Agreed, and hey, at least you didn't grow up in the Taisha," Rin answered, "I've spent my whole life preparing to be a hero, or a sentinel, or a bhikkuni, because of my family's rank within the Taisha. You must've had a pretty normal life before all of this..."

Yosuki shook his hand. "The most affiliation I've had with the Taisha is when my parents got into an accident." He said, beginning his story. "In the accident, they died. I was ten at the time, but that didn't stop them from hitting me with the truth. Because my parents knew I was going to be a hero, the Taisha payed for my living expenses. Food, housing, water, electricity and the sorts. But the rest was up to me. Unfortunately, all I could do was go along. Up until about a month before I met you, when they told me that I would have to become a hero to keep receiving the benefits. Although, they didn't tell me about the effects of Mankai." He said. He looked up after the story. "Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to go on a rant there."

"No, no, it's fine," Rin answered, "Though, it does sound like you've been through a lot. You had to become a hero to survive, like it or not."

She downed the last of her mug, before continuing her story. "I come from a long line of heroes, y'see," she began, "My grandma was a hero, as was my mama, and my great-grandma, and all of the women in my family before that, so, as you can imagine, we receive a lot of benefits from the Taisha."

Since Rin had become a hero, her mother's bakery had gotten much bigger, and fancier. She knew full well that the expensive ingredients, bigger ovens, and fancier chairs were given to her family as means of worshipping her, instead of mere tokens of gratitude.

"It was expected that I would become a hero, as well," she continued, "And if I failed the aptitude test, I would become a sentinel. But, I passed the test with flying colours, and the gods made me a hero. However," she swallowed, folding her fingers, "No effort was made to spare me from the truth about the hero system, or about mankai. I knew what mankai did long before I became a hero, and I know where there are gaps in the barrier. Go past them, and you enter the realm of the vertexes."

"Oh." He said, messing with the empty cup in his hands. "So it sounds like you've also been through quite a bit." Yosuki said. He wanted this to be all over, so that they can have happy lives. "Well, I don't know about you." He started, trying to change the mood. "But i think we should live our lives and have fun while we can." He smiled

"I suppose that's all we can do," Rin agreed, "We never know when our time will be up, of course..."

She glanced over at her fairies. "Heh. Shame there's not much to do in this city, unless we took w trip somewhere else..."

"Hm, then maybe we should take a trip somewhere!" Yosuki said. "An all expenses paid trip to anywhere we want to go!" He had been saving quite a lot of money from the part time jobs we worked and the music he used to release. And because most of the money was unspent, he had a lot that could be used.

"I've always wanted to go to Andalusia, and meet their hero team," Rin confessed, "Oh, and see their markets. Seville is so beautiful!"

She'd long dreamed of travelling, especially around Europe. Spain was beautiful, especially the lower regions, and she dreamed of eating roscon de reyes by the markets, or watching the parades during Holy Week.

"Sure, we can go there!" He said. "Don't we have this next week off? I can get some money together and look up flight times and we can leave tomorrow." Yosuki said. He loved airports as well, so not only was he looking forward to the trip, but to that as well.

"I get plenty of benefits from the Taisha, so, it'll be great!" Rin cried, "Oh, all the things I'll get to try, and the stuff I'll get to buy...It's gonna be incredible. By the way, do you speak any Spanish?"

"Just enough to get me by. I've learned more English than Spanish" he said. (Assuming that we are speaking Japanese and we are just writing in English for simplicity.) "How about you?" He asked. He pulled out his phone so that they could look at flight times.

"Ah, I'm sure we can buy one of those translators at the airport." Yosuki said. "You know the ones where you speak into the mic and it comes out a different language? Ah, this plane leaves tomorrow at noon." Yosuki said pointing out the plane on his phone

"Perfect! And there's a train heading to the airport for about six AM," she added, "Plus, I may or not put word to Spain's Taisha embassy, to get us into a top hotel, with a view of the city centre~"

"Oh, a sly one arn't you?" Yosuki chuckled. "Anyways, then we can go tomorrow. Can your mom drive us to the station?" Yosuki asked. It was a while away and he didn't have a ride of his own to get him there.

"I'll get my dad to drive us. Mama will be busy baking," she replied, "By the way, someone I know lives near the Taisha embassy. His name's Raùl, and he's one of Andalusia's heroes. We can get a lift from his chauffeur from the airport."

"Perfect!" Yosuki said, "I'll guess ill stop by tomorrow around 5:30." Yosuki thought for a second. "Man that's early." he said. "But, it will be worth it." He smiled.

"But, since it's still early in the day." Yosuki said. "May i please have more coffee?" He asked smiling. They didn't leave until tomorrow and there was still plenty of time for today.