• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How many RPers should I wait for before starting the thread?

• 2-4

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 5-8

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 8+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
SO as I was falling asleep last night, I came up with an idea for this whole rescue mission thing.

Basically, Talia agrees to let the marked come assist her, but after having a nightmare about Allie the night before they're supposed to leave, she heads out in the middle of the night out of irrational anger. Obviously, rushing a base alone with very little self control is a terrible idea, and she gets beaten so badly she's essentially forced to flee or die. She comes back to the Marked and apologizes, realizing she can't do it alone. It'll develop her character a bit more - she believes that she's responsible for Allie's capture so she has to do it herself, but she'll learn that there's no way that she can take on something like that on her own.

My only concern is that it might hijack the plot a bit, if @Night's Shadow has specific things planned. I don't want to steal the show, but I think this could be interesting. Or we could just have the entire group go to the base in the first place and I can develop Talia later.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Are you sure? If it ruins something you have planned, I can think of something else. I'm being cautious not to slip into plot-stealing territory.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I really don’t have anything planned. I like RPs where people make their own contributions that thicken the plot. So let’s do that! It’s a better plan than what I had planned (which was nothing) so why not?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Hey guys, I had an idea.

For a couple of the RPs I'm in (Bootleg Bros and Oscillation), we have a dedicated Discord server for general chat, post reminders, and (primarily) memeing. Would you guys be interested if I set one up? You don't have to join by any means, it'll just be somewhere where we can meme and chat without getting warned.

=Nightshade=

I don’t know if I’ll be able to join if you set one up, my browsers been faulty lately, but I do have discord. So I’ll try.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I think that since Kenya technically has multiple powers while the rest of us have one (bone manipulation, the Gaster Blasters, teleportation, telekinesis...), he should have a greater drawback. I feel like his endurance should be greatly reduced, just like Sans has 1 HP in Undertale - making him essentially a glass cannon.

=Nightshade=

Go ahead! Make it as gory, uncomfortable, or tame as you want. Bear in mind that in order to get the powers, the Absorption members have to torture a Marked. That could be anything from Chinese water torture to whipping to any other torture method you could think of.

What? No! I didn't forget about this thread because I wasn't getting notifications! That's a ridiculous assumption! Actually, I ntoiced I was mentioned in the thread with an @, I wonder why I didn't get a notification for that either but I got this one. Anyways, it seems we need help brain storming some new ideas to get the thread moving?

My suggestion, like I said before, is a training arc. It leads to great character development and everyone will be involved and on the same page. If you don't mind the extra work, you can even form either small groups or partner pairs and split the characters so we all have to interact. I've done it before in my own RPs, if you need some help. But once the characters are split into their groups they just train and bond and stuff- you can divide the training into events if you want to get specific. I.E. first the characters are split into groups of ______, then they will take a long hike to a nice hidden training area in the woods, then they will practice their powers and get better while also interacting and building relationships with the other characters, then they can maybe have a sparring match, then OH NO the bad guys attack again! If you make and follow an outline like that the thread has less of a chance of dying :D.

Sorry for holding up the RP- you guys can go on with the time skip. It would make sense of Blair and Miles to still be up, because they aren't with the group yet. And I plan on having Miles turn to bed fairly soon. I'm assuming Miles and Blair will stick together, the rest of the group will probably run into them the next day.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
I could have Oliver see he got a message, and he could've made it remind him early-ish the next day. Or a few hours after Talia's goes, still plot convenience either way. :p Edit: Wait I just realized he was sleeping. :/

Sorry I'm a bit late.
Name: Micheal Marx
Nickname (if applicable): Mikey
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height:6,4
Weight:60kg
Appearance: Mikey is tall and lanky, has blonde hair which is short on the sides and longer at the top. His got pale skin and a scar on his bottom lip he has brown eyes. He has a tattoo of a fox with a top hat on his right arm. Mikey usually wears normal clothes, long pants, He wears a ankle length coat with a hood.
Accusation: Marked
Mark Color: Grey
Mark Shape: Cloud
Power Gained From Mark: Smoke manipulation Micheal can produce and turn his body into smoke he can change the properties of the smoke how dense it is, if it's explosive, flammable etc.
Personality: Micheal has never been a normal person he's never fitted in at school his home life is pretty bad his mother left him when he was young so his stuck with his dad who has grown apart with Michael over the years Micheal left his home when he was 15 and has been couch surfing ever since. He is rather brash and rude person who puts on a facade of a carefree and free spirit when Micheal deep down is a very scared and timid person who doesn't know what he's going to do with his life,
Other: Mikey has a really bad nicotine addiction and is often smoking and always carries cigarets and lighter in his coat.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Accepted! @Thomas the trainer

Please make sure introduce your character to the story in a way that makes sense.

Also, @Bluebirdie, I don’t stay up all night. There are these things in the world, they’re called time zones. And I’m in California, so if you live on the other side of the world, sorry. XD

The way I was thinking of having him be introduced is he could offer a place to stay to @Tudor21G and @Barefoot_Kittens character if thats fine with them.

I mean, Miles and Blair are gonna turn in soon, and after that they're probably gonna run into the others, and I think it's better for him to be introduced then. But, I'm a sheep following the herd, so I want to see what @Barefoot_Kittens thinks