• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How many RPers should I wait for before starting the thread?

• 2-4

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 5-8

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 8+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I like option C. I feel like it would be a good opportunity for character development. But I would appreciate input from everyone else too! ^^

Also, Kittens, just want to say thank you for helping me keep this RP on track with a cohesive plot; this is my first [successful] RP and I really had no idea what to do to keep it alive.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
I think it's a good idea, Marco is already dead set on fighting, and since he's separated I think he could meet Blair and Miles, or the base could be invaded.

@Night's Shadow Nah man, that's all you. I've only had one successful RP, so I know how hard to it to keep it one it's feet. You're doing splendid! The most important thing is to recognize when things slow down and add something random to spice it up- my RP had so many random timeskips XD. I would just go to the discussion thread and be like "y'all seem bored, wanna timeskip?" I think this RP is such a nice, original idea that nobody wants to let it die! So congrats on that one :D.

@mallard I actually had the idea to have the base get attacked. But that seems like a bit too much too soon. Maybe, somehow they figure out that the baddies know where they are. The group knows they have to leave- but to where? What was the next step? Everyone is panicking? And tada! Easy set up for the big divide.

Also, I suspect there will be a problem. Everyone is gonna want their character to be one the "save the sister side" because they want to be heroes. I don't mind having both my characters stay behind, Jackie out of fear and Miles just cuz he's a butt. Either way, everyone would go on the rescue mission- they are just splitting up in the meantime because they can't stand to look at each other XD. I'm not sure how to convince the RPers to have their characters be selfish for once- maybe you won't need to, actually. Perhaps you should take a little roll call thing to see how many people would want to be on each side.

=Nightshade=

Cole will most likely be conflicted, but would probably side on the “save yourself for now because going right now would be a suicide mission.” I have no problem having my char be a little selfish, because it’s probably what I’d do irl.

I mean, I think I like option B the most. It's only because I don't exactly know how Miles and Blair and Michael will react to just meeting the rest and then having to choose to be loyal to someone they've just met, or be little selfish demons.
I just think it would be fun for the big group to split up, so you see more of the characters' personalities, and for the other group to just... figure out what way to walk so they avoid agents. But I'm cool with whatever.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm fine with anything. I don't want to steal the plot or anything, I just saw my opportunity for character development and I took it. If I'm taking it too far let me know.

We could also combine the two plots. If I'm not misunderstanding, I think Tudor's main concern is that Micheal, Blair, and Miles don't know anything so it'd unfair to pit them against such a tough decision. We could have the little trio stick together, for now atleast, while the big group divides based off of "Heck yeah, lets go get Allie (I think that was her name)!" and "Heck no, live to fight another battle!"

=Nightshade=

That is also an option. Aagh, decisions! What do I do?! Okay, let's see what anyone else has to say about this. *Yells* OKAY FOLKS, WHADDYA WANNA DO?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I didn't get any notifications for the discussion so miss this convo, but Stiles would probably make his choice based on who he knows more and less on his own personal safety.

=Nightshade=

You might want to have Kenya and Rin meet up with Blair, Miles, and Micheal and form a slightly larger group, or you could have them end up meeting up with another group once the big group splits up.

Who are we waiting on? I guess the question should be, what are we waiting on? Why is nobody responding? Maybe if everyone is bored, @Night's Shadow , you can implement the split up plan. Maybe have Cole, who kinda seems like the leader of the group, actually be like "Wait, let's keep our heads on. Calm down y'all." and then everyone gets upset from there. One group storms out the other stays. Then, if we include Miles' group we'll have three separate groups and we can begin a cool little training arc :D.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
So basically, everyone's a high school student. They were in class when the Absorption attacked, aiming to capture anyone with a Mark. Most of the main chars escaped and got to Cole's (Night's character) place, which is programmed so that only the Marked can get in.

Talia (my char) found out that her little sister is Marked and got captured by the Absorption and initially planned to wait to set out to rescue her until she was more prepared, but had a nightmare about her sister and decided it would be a great idea to charge the base on her own with very little control over her pyrokinesis. Spoiler alert: It wasn't.

She got back to Cole's looking like hell and now everyone's trying to decide if they want to be sane and prepare or GO FRICKIN BERSERK MODE.

Oh, and not everyone's at Cole's. There are a couple of people under a bridge iirc.

Sounds good; thank you!

Name: Erik Cho
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 5'10
Weight: 143 lbs
Appearance: Erik has dusty brown hair -- cut short with bangs parted to the left and an undercut on the right side -- chocolate brown eyes, and an overall Asian appearance, courtesy of his Korean nationality. His physique is rather average, though it leans slightly more on the muscular side, and his skin tone is ever so slightly tan. His usual outfit consists of a solid colored tee (preferably white) under a bomber jacket, paired with navy jeans and white sneakers.
Mark Color: Icy blue, a unique color for his ability
Mark Shape: A lightning bolt
Power Gained From Mark: Erik can conjure and manipulate electricity from and through his body.
Personality: Erik tends to be rather quiet, but though he prefers to keep to himself, he is generally kind hearted and very loyal to those he befriends.
Other: N/A

Please let me know if there's anything I should change!

i haven't been posting much because not only have i admittedly been focused on other things, it's hard to post while you're limited to a phone

i can confirm that the 'pon camping outside of the base is a single person, though

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Is it ok to have another run-in with the absorbers right now? I didn't plan on it when I started writing my most recent post, but with how it turned out, it would just be disappointing if there wasn't some kind of action.

=Nightshade=

I was thinking that half the characters would use Marco's fight as an incentive to lay low and regroup, and half of them would use Marco's fight as another reason to attack ASAP. Cole will be on the side that's pro-regrouping.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'm planning for Talia to be stuck in the middle. On one hand, she's super concerned about Allie, but on the other, A) she's in no condition to go anywhere and B) she's a relatively rational person.