• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How many RPers should I wait for before starting the thread?

• 2-4

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 5-8

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 8+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Just a role play idea I had a while back. Not sure how this plot will develop, but let’s see how this goes.

The year is 2173. The Earth is now a booming technological metropolis, and coding is an invaluable skill, as well as athleticism and brains. Military action is high, especially between two groups: the Marked, and the Absorption. The Marked are caused by genetic anomalies. The Absorbers get their powers from torturing Marked in order to attain their powers and life energy.

You wake up one morning to find a mark on the back of your hand. Nothing really special, but it’s some sort of decorative seal, you can pick the shape. And it’s colored. As time goes on, you realize that you’re changing. Your hair is slowly turning that color at the tips, and your view of the world is tinted by that color. Eventually, you develop powers based around that color. (For example, fire manipulation for red, water for blue, air for silvery) You are now one of the Marked, and will be hunted by the task force of a rival association: the Absorption. The people in this association are unMarked, but they can attain the power of a Marked by absorbing their life essence, effectively weakening them and temporarily stripping them of their powers. Your goal: survival.

Rules: Just follow Charms rules.

Character bio:

Name:
Nickname (if applicable):
Weight:
Appearance:
Association:
[Mark Color:
Mark Shape:
Power Gained From Mark:]

>if a Marked
Personality:
Other:

You can have up to two characters, one from each organization, Marked or Absorber. Feel free to add a character background if you want, but it’s not required.

My character(s):
Name: Colette Umbrek
Nickname (if applicable): Cole
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 5’ 07”
Weight: 107 lbs
Appearance: Black hair (with acid-green (chartreuse) tips eventually in the RP), tanned skin, slight muscle, very fast, wears ripped jeans and black hoodies/T-shirts
Mark Color: Chartreuse
Mark Shape: Double Spiral
Power Gained From Mark: Acid manipulation/conjuring
Personality: Sharp-tongued, uses her wit to puncture people’s egos, likable, funny, athletic and strategic/tactical. Skilled at coding in a vast assortment of computer languages.
Other: N/A

Name: Shen Blackrems
Nickname (if applicable): N/A
Height: 5’ 01”
Weight: 123.9 lbs
Appearance: Short and stocky, muscular, Chinese ethnicity, always looks worried about something or other
Mark Color: N/A
Mark Shape: N/A
Power Gained From Mark: N/A
Personality: Conscientious, insidious, surreptitious, easily startled, kind to those he knows, otherwise ruthless (except towards girls), only takes male Marked for his victims because he finds himself unable to torture girls
Other: Uses a cane to get around because of a birth defect.

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Kaorim Sao
Nickname (if applicable): "The brain"
Sexuality: 18
Height: 5"7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Appearance:
He has black hair with white tips , he is paired with beautiful brown eyes and tanned skin.
A light blue jacket filled with pockets and regular jeans with running hoes
Mark Color: white
Mark Shape: a brain
Power Gained From Mark: Superhuman intelligence (300 IQ)
Personality: very layed back and calculated , he looks the opposite, he looks crazy but in reality, he has most scenarios planned out
Other: he keeps a watch from his mom

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Name: Charles Rickenson

Chuck

Sexuality:
Bi-Sexual

Height:
6 feet tall

Weight:
80 Kg

Appearance:
Chuck pretty much looks like your average teen of his age. He's not fit, but not out of shape either, sort of just hovering around that healthy kind of body. He can usually been seen wearing baggy sweaters, black jeans, and a pair of work boots. His hair is jet black and he has green eyes. He already has a slight stubble growing on his face, matching his hair.

Association:
Marked

Mark Color:
Dark Grey

Mark Shape:
4 Pointed Star

Power Gained From Mark:
Metal Transformation, able to make parts of his body become like metal, and he can even morph their shape. The more he changes his body, and shifts it's shape, the more tired he will get.

Personality: Chuck is honest, and this can be seen as both a good and bad thing. He will tell somebody what he thinks of them, straight to their face wether his thoughts be good or bad. He's also very loyal and protective of his friends and family, but can get pretty hot headed if a situation makes him angry enough.

Other:
N/A

=Nightshade=

Also, I may be posting updates about the setting from time to time here. Here are some now:

-There is a school that all our characters should be going to: the Academy for Intellectual Arts and Innovation (known as AIAI, the double-AI, or the Academy)

-When we start, it will be a Sunday

-Most if not all productive work is done on an iPad-like device called a V-Pad, or just a V for short.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The school gives me some more info, so my character choices are narrowed down now! I'm thinking either Talia or Luna depending on what I come up with.

If I do pick Talia, she'll likely have Fire Manipulation as a reference to Toriel.

I really want to have my sister duo but unfortunately I can't have two on one side. :/

Okay, time to give this a try. Okay, someone who can draw... Got it:

Name:
Blair Mandell
Nickname: You ain't giving Blair a nickname. 'Cause if you do, then goodbye to you.
Height: 1.77 CM
Weight: 67 KG
Appearance: Blair has a fair skin and a muscular build. She has gray eyes and chestnut hair that she does in a pony tail that goes about to her scapula. She usually wears a black tanktop and dark green camouflage pants with high black combat boots. Around her left wrist is a black smartwatch and a black bracelet. She loves the colour black, if you didn't figure it out.
Also, she will probably wear a black fingerless glove on the hand that the mark appears, if that's allowed.

Association: Marked

Mark Color: Turquoize
Mark Shape: Crescent moon
Power Gained From Mark: Phasing- the ability to phase through walls, the floor, and her clothing phases through things as well. Kinda like Togata from MHA, but her clothes remain on her.

Personality:
Blair's personality really fits her appearence... Or maybe the other way around. Blair is tough, intimidating and secretive, she never lets anyone mess with her. She's not mean, she's just a little impatient and pretty serious. She's never gotten into a fight with other kids her age, her threaths are enough to scare them away.
But, underneath this tough persona, is the real Blair, the nice girl her family knows, the girl who hid herself behind this intimidating wall to protect herself from the cruel world, pretty cliche, right? If you work hard to gain her trust, she'll start opening up, and that's a lengthy process.

Other:
She is at peak physical strength and she doesn't let her gym time get in the way of her studies, so she's pretty well balanced

And I just realized that Blair's athleticism and brains are invaluable skills. Big oof.

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Here we go!

Name:
Oliver Lewis
Nickname (if applicable): Oli/Ollie, but he's rarely called this.
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 86 lbs
Appearance: Oliver is your average teenager with an athletic build. He has brown messy hair (with lime tips slowly fading throughout the RP) and fair skin. He also has green eyes. Oliver usually wears a red beanie, blue jeans and a red varsity jacket with a half star outline coming from one of the sides. Behind the jacket is a white t-shirt He also wears red sneakers.
[Mark Color: Lime (Get it? Lime is one off from slime, and they look similar? I'm gonna leave now.)
Mark Shape: A hexagon with a small circle in the middle.
Power Gained From Mark:] Oliver has Slime Manipulation. He's able to make slime, sticky, smooth, you name it, he can make it! Oliver's also able to condense hard slime to attack or encase himself for protection. He also has other abilities with the main two, like crawling on walls with sticky slime, slide on a slime trail, etc.
Personality: Thanks to his disorder, he's an extrovert, and glad to help. He's spontaneous and has usually rushes into things. Oliver likes to make others laugh, and isn't offended to many insults. He can be annoying sometimes, and he's somewhat empathetic, but because of his disorder, he's not the best with feelings.
Other: He has a genetic disorder that makes him fearless. And yes, it's basically Urbach-Wieth disease.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I would have loved to use Allie as well (seeing as Allie would have Cryokinesis) but I'm limited to one Marked, soo... xD

Name:
Talia Verdance Silverstone
Nickname (if applicable): None, really, although her little sister occasionally calls her Tal
Sexuality: Straight but uninterested
Height: 5'5
Appearance: Dark brown hair, brown eyes, glasses, forest-green blouse, black leggings and combat boots
[Mark Color: Orange
Mark Shape: Hard to explain, I'll try and draw it
Power Gained From Mark: Pyrokinesis
Personality: Highly calm and intelligent with a sense of compassion for others, she's a kind soul with a big heart and a remarkable determination. She's very reserved and modest, but is friendly once she warms up to you.

Okay, before I make my post, I've got some questions:
So should everybody be sketchy and on edge, or can they do something that they'd usually do?
And do they start with the marks?

=Nightshade=

To answer your first question, not necessarily. Your character can be like the “average joe” or that one stalker dude in the corner, or that super rich guy who hogs his/her cash or whatever. It doesn’t really matter.

To answer your second, the Marks should show up the second day, I’m planning on the first posts being like background on the characters and then time skip once everyone’s posted to Monday when they go to the Academy. The Marks should show up that day.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
I might make a Absortion, just one quick question. Could I have a hunter start off with a Mark/torturing a Marked for their powers? And could there be a Marked that become part of the Absortion?

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Rin akumasha
Nickname (if applicable): The ghoul- Paps or papyrus(to his brother)
Sexuality: straight
Height: 5'8 ft
Weight: 130lbs
Appearance: A skinny pale skinned boy, with white hair (with dark red tips tips as the rp goes on) and dark brown eyes. He has long legs and arms. He often wears a pair of shorts with black base layes under them. He wears a longs sleeved T-shirt with a hoodie. When his power is acivated, his eyes go black and he gains red irises. He wears a black leather mask with clamps around the lip area, making his mouth sealed shut.
Association:Marked
[Mark Color: Blood red
Mark Shape: An eye with a cross in it, the eye has wings.
Power Gained From Mark: His power is kagune. A kagune is a predatory organ he has that allows him to make these lethal weapons that come out his back, they are contained within sacs that lay beneathe the skin and when activated break through the skin. An issue with this power is that he can't eat normal food and can only eat human flesh. If he doesn't eat his predatory ghoul side will emerge making him dangerous.His power makes him what others call a ghoul.(tokyo ghoul reference)
Rinkaku, this one is the one he mainly uses, it is like two daggers attached by a chain. It has “shells” of parts of it making it harder and more durable. The weakness with this kagune is the joints between the “shells” these can easily be cut, but it’s not easy since he is always moving this kagune around. Since he has a rinkaku he has a boosted healing factor.
Bikaku, this one he only uses rarely. It is one large tail like kagune. It has a sharp point at the end and overlapping plates that get softer the closer it is to the kagune sac. It’s weakness is its bulk, since its so big it is hard to move around with. A special thing about his Bikaku is that he can shoot a blast of blue fire. Although this tires him out it can be used for offensive and defensive purposes. When he is under a lot of pressure, he enters his kakuja state. In this state he becomes obsessed with death and can't distinguish friend from foe. His Bikaku splits into two massive tails, that resembles a scorpian. He can combine both his normal rinkaku with his kakuja to make a him a formidable opponent.]

>if a Marked
Personality: He is playful and childish when he doesn't use his kagune but that doesn't mean he can't take things seriously. In using his kagunes he likes to mock his opponents and tortures them during battle physically and mentally. One issue is that he hates using his kagune because he never wanted to be special, he just wants to lead a normal life. And if his kakuja ever awakens may god save us all, he will lose his mind and will atack anything that moves.

Other: He is very, very, very protective of his friends, and his sister.

{Jesus christ I made this long, sorry ppl if it's too long}

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alright, thanks!

Name: Rose and Wilson/ Rose Wilson
Nickname (if applicable): N/A
Sexuality: Asexual
Height: 5'8
Weight: 84 lbs
Appearance: Rose is a natural red-head. She has light green eyes, pale skin and has a slim build. Her regular attire used to be an emerald blouse, black plimsolls and black jogging bottoms. However, she is now seen in mostly black. Rose wears a black leather jacket above a black t-shirt. She wears black combat boots and black leggings. When Wilson is in control
Association: Absortion
[Mark Color: Jade green
Mark Shape: Double Helix
Power Gained From Mark:] Rose has Plant Manipulation.
Personality: Rose is... weird when it comes to characteristics. She has two personalities: A nice, more pacifist person, and a cruel, sadistic person that's hot tempered and easily annoyed. The two sides can be seen arguing sometimes. This is due to her incident when she was tortured. She's mostly seen with the latter, as that has more control.
Other: Rose is actually two people, she's a Marked that was tortured. Something went wrong and made the two combine, Rose is the vessel but Wilson has more control against their actions.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Forsythe Stilinski
Nickname: Stiles
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 187 lbs
Appearance: He is a light-skinned guy with a chiseled muscular build. He has golden blonde hair with green eyes. He wears a white t-shirt under a black jacket with black jeans and black biker boots. He has a scar across his chest and a tattoo of a flaming sword with black feathered wings on his back. From: Pitzmaker (Googleplay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US
Mark Color: Gold
Mark Shape: A cross and a pair of wings
Power Gained From Mark: Immortality: Stiles never ages and has minor cellular regeneration so he heals faster than the average human but not ridiculously fast. Also when he dies he comes back to life' currently in 15 minutes.
Personality: Stiles is hard working but at the same time layed back. He knows when he is required to put in effort and when he can opt out of a task. He tends to put others before himself and is extremely loyal.

Last edited:
I'd like to join if it's cool with you.
Name: Makura Ashino
Nickname (if applicable): Maku
Height: 6'1
Weight: 170 lbs
Appearance: He has dark brown skin. He has black hair that's down to his neck. He has two different colored eyes. One that is red and one that is cyan. He wears a short sleeved hoodie, denim jeans, and black tennis shoes.
Mark Color: Cyan
Mark Shape: 8 Pointed Star
Power Gained From Mark: Star Power, he is able to use an arsenal of star attacks as well as creating clones using stars.
Personality: He is usually calm collected guy. He is really nice once you get to know him. He's sort of shy when he meets new people. When it comes to fights though, he usually isn't one to mess with.
Other: His Star power gets strong when it's a clear night sky. Also his pupils are the shape of his mark when his powers are in use.

Name: Jacqueline Mercia
Nickname: Jackie
Height: 5'3
Weight: 128 lbs
Appearance: Jaqueline is a fairly small girl, with smooth dark skin and a petite face. Jackie's eyes are large and round with luscious lashes, the honey coloring contrasting to her chocolate skin. She has a button nose and small lips, her round expression being illuminated by an afro of shiny, curly black hair. Jackie wears a pair of round, white glasses that match her white t-shirt. She sports tan corridor pants with white, over-sized sneakers.
Mark Color: Sepia
Mark Shape: Fist
Power Gained From Mark: Super Strength- just strong? Can lift up to 50,000 lbs, specialized moves include clapping to create sound waves and stomping to create earthquakes. Doesn't affect the ability to take a hit.
Personality: Jackie never really stood out from the crowd, from a young age she's admired the tales of full-hearted protagonist that save the world, but she knew she was never enough to fill such a roll. With the rise of her new found powers, Jackie finally has the chance to stand out- but she hasn't quite figured out how to go about it. Jackie is quiet, tagging along without a second thought and enjoying just being involved in everything. She's naturally a background character and a debilitation low self esteem has stopped her from being anything else. Jaqueline hates to put herself on show, and would rather quit than lose at any rate. Still, she is an extremely kind young lady who will go out of her way to give someone a compliment or make their day.

Name:
Miles Goldwell
Nickname: N/A
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 6'2
Weight: 195 lbs
Appearance: Miles is admittedly handsome, with creamy tan skin and an athletic build. He sports a sharp face, with defined jaw and cheek bones. He has a pointed nose and thin lips, and a set of cat-like eyes that shine with electric blue pupils. Miles' hair is a solid shade of sandy blonde, cut neatly and close-cropped so that the top is only slightly longer and slicked back. Mile's wears a dark purple, collared t-shirt with khaki shorts and a pair of black sneakers.
Mark Color: Fuchsia
Mark Shape: Oval
Power Gained From Mark: Portal Generation- can create a one-way portal to anyplace that he can remember. This works very well for anyplace in sight, but won't work if he can't remember what it looks like or doesn't know the place.
Personality: Miles is extremely fond of his new abilities. Since a child, Miles was successful- so he naturally grew to be very stuck-up. He was a musical prodigy, sports star, studious student and attractive young man; it didn't take long for that all to go to the boy's head, and his pampering parents didn't exactly wane his ego. Though cocky and bratty, Miles isn't loud or obnoxious and you might even assume he's a nice kid until you get to know him. Miles is extremely good at winning people over, with a handsome smile and respectful facade but he tends to step on his peers any chance he gets. He isn't a bad guy, but winning is his priority and the other things in life seem like nothing more than obstacles to him.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Technically his power isn't to throw up blood whenever he eats normal food. Also at the top it said that one day so it could be anything, but I get what you mean. I did it like that because it's like something i heard. "Before you get your strength you get your weakness." So i based it off that

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Name: Marco Ricci
Nickname: Marinara
Height: 5'10
Weight: 120 lbs
Appearance: light caramel skin, dark brownish-grey bedhead hair, slender with a thin face, black pupils, noticeable muscle, but not too swole
Mark Color: Red
Mark Shape: Drop
Mark Power: Blood can reach high temperatures, the angrier he is, the higher temperature he's able to reach. When calm, blood can go up to 200 degrees F. Blood cells are replenished faster than the normal human, but not too fast. Resistant to drastic temperatures. Boiling point of blood is much higher than average, around 1,032 degrees F.
Personality: Talks a big game, but also follows up with action when needed, acts tough, loves a good laugh, chivalrous, respects those who he deems worthy, ballsy, cocky, street smart, but not very booksmart, has a temper
Other: Marco has an Italian accent, and always carries a switchblade, he also took boxing lessons for four years

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Okay guys, once everyone has responded, I’ll time skip to Monday at the academy.

EDIT: Actually, I’ll just time skip now, seems like everyone who’s going to respond right now has responded. Feel free to post whenever now, have interactions with other characters or whatever.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Loving the addition of the bacteria absorber, Tudor! Also loving the creativity everyone’s meeting me with in this RP. I mean, hoverskates? Vtube? Hoverboards that actually hover? Great job, everybody!

I'm not sure if this is still open to character applications, but i'd like to join. If so, here is my form:

Name: Everleigh Wether

Eva, Ever or Leigh, she doesn't really mind, but will lean towards the first option

Sexuality:
Straight

Height:
5'4

Weight:
91 lbs

Appearance:
Eva is a fair skinned girl with freckles all over her cheeks, arms and legs. She has her blonde hair pulled up into a high ponytail and wears glasses in front of her hazel eyes. She wears a black beret, a black jacket splattered with multicoloured paint stains and a grey T-shirt. She wears blue jeans, also splattered with paint stains, and black trainers on her feet. She also wears a light-grey sporty backpack she invented herself, which has many cool features. To be honest, her whole outfit consists of cool features.

Association:
Marked

Mark Color:
White

Mark Shape:
Aries Zodiac Sign

Power Gained From Mark:
Psychokinesis. Eva can lift, move around, and or alter the shape of any state of matter. This can also be used on herself, with a lot of focus. When used, the target will be surrounded by a white glow.

Personality: Eva is a calm girl with plenty of strong will. Even though she isn't the one to really get into things, she won't let anyone make her anything she doesn't want to do and will stand up for herself and others even if she knows the consequences. She can often sympathise with how others are feeling and always tries to help others feel better. She doesn't really think about herself, and will often get scolded for it. She is smarter than average, but will sometimes make rash decisions and can be a bit headstrong. She also has some form of strong leadership. She believes most will think she is a weak, frail girl, and so she will try her best to show it isn't true to anyone who would think so- which is probably no body.

Other:
Eva is an amazing artist and takes a lot of interest to it, as well as having a good knack for inventing. She has quite a high IQ for her age thanks to her parents making her learn most of the time, for most of her life.