• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Captured by the Evil Team 3: Rescue

Rachel was, quite frankly, embarrassed. Why? She couldn't battle. Well, she could, but she hated it. She also have very weak Pokemon. It didn't help she was still not fully there, hurt that someone said that she was hurting her sister. The young girl looked at the battle that was about to unfurl in front of her, and she disliked what she saw. The grunts might as well go ahead and tie them up. However, as she watched, she noticed that they were winning, by attacking the trainers. She felt sick at that underhanded tatic. Besides would the good guys really attack trainers? In her mind, no.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lily threw out Plasma and Rill (Zoura) “Rill! Use Bite on the hypno!” She instructed, Rill running up and jumping into a bite, actually biting the Hypnos arm, making it try to get her Of with telekinesis, it not working on the dark type. She looked at Plasma, who was giving her an eye over her shoulder, waiting for something, she had no clue what the Pokémon wanted, but it was not important now. “Flareon! Use flamethrower on the tangrowth!” Plasma gestating a second, waiting for something, but in that time, the tangrowth hit her with vine whip, knocking her back a bit. Plasma growled as she opened her mouth and bathed the offender in flames, quickly knocking it out.

"Head smash." Ron said. His Rampardos took a big leap into the air and dove into the middle of the three bear Pokemon and trucks. The ground shook as the hit landed and a big explosion of dirt surrounded the area for a few seconds. When it settled, Rampardos was standing over a truck, roaring towards the sky, claiming it's victory. The one grunt that was left, was being pecked by a Piplup. Ron walked over and connected his right fist with the grunt's jaw, knocking him out. "Thanks Piplup, couldn't have don't it without you." Ron took out a map and marked an X. "Okay we're going around that hill over there to avoid any more confrontations." He signaled the direction they would go, put the map away and continued to walk, returning his Pokemon.
Nana hugged Ty, relieved that the battle was over.
The group walked the rest of the night without any more interruptions. Once the sun began to rise, Ron signaled for them to stop. "Let's rest here. Get some sleep, we'll take turns as lookouts. I'll feed the Pokemon." He prepared a few plates with food and set them down, while he ate a granola bar himself. Nana refused to eat Pokemon food, yucky. She instead ate a granola bar also.

Spunk was pleased that someone recognized her greatness, and put her wings on her hips. Fleur walked over to Spunk, then picked her up by the head. She was not a happy mama.

"SPUNK! What have I told you about doing that?! How many times have you been in trouble for popping out of your ball and doing as you please?! Oh, that's it missy, you're grounded, no Poffins for a week. Any further objections, and that becomes a month. Do you understand?"

Spunk's face had a shocked expression on it. She did good, she hit that guy real hard! She squirmed around for a bit in a fit before huffing and crossing her arms. She went back into her ball until food time, where her, Cotton, Gruff, and Jewel began eating as well. Fleur, in the meantime, set up a small table for herself, and put some cooking stuff on it, tossing some berries in before stirring.

Rachel sighed as they reached the campsite. It wasn't much, and she didn't expect it to be much. She looked around and felt tiny compared to the others. Why did Candle come to her? The only reason was because she looked like a tiny version of her older sister. She sighed and noticed the Lampent going over to Ron. She made a motion to let all of her Pokemon free, but then stopped midway and walked over to Ron. "Is it fine if I feed my own Pokemon?" She asked quietly. She released all of her small Pokemon, her Togepi, Burmy, Shinx, Furret, Eevee, and Sandshrew. It took all of her will not to kneel down and pet her dears.

Ron nodded. "That's completey fine. Just make sure to keep them close. You never know when we could be ambushed." He leaned against the tree and crossed his arms. He looked around at his "team". Thinking about the rescue made him wonder if they would be able to pull it off. Of course, he had the second part of his plan ready, hopefully his teammates could keep up when the time came.

Morning finally came, while Ron's team rested, the captured losers woke up. During the night, Maker had woken up because of a nightmare and had asked the booger on watch duty to let her see TV. Luckily it was Whiton and she had watched cartoons. She was curled up on the couch with a blanket around her, watching a TV series based on the popular movie Spy Meowth. She would ocasionally talk to Azumi, who wasn't there, but it was easier then trying to ignore her.

Marigold has not found her time very restful. While she felt they had fared relatively well in the recent battle, and her Pokémon hadn’t been injured much at all, she still felt uneasy about it, somehow. Her Pokémon were still sleeping as she began moving around. Her eyes strayed to them from time to time, wondering if she had made a wrong decision. While she didn’t want to leave her cousin stuck in the Captured Losers Show, she was also beggining to realize the danger that might come to herself and her Pokémon. The situation was certainly a sticky one.

Renz stirred groggily and tossed off the covers. He still wore his pajamas from the day before, but he didn’t have anything else to change into besides the clothes he had been wearing when he came to that horrible place. He hustled himself into the background and turned on the shower. About six minutes later he stepped out of the bathroom with damp hair and an unhappy expression on his face. He didn’t know what the day had in store, but it would doubtless be bad.

He passed through the living room, pausing for a moment to see what was on the TV, and then quickly moved on to the kitchen. He wanted food. He scrounged around the cabinets and drawers to see what was available. After checking the refrigerator as well, he was able to find some eggs. He brought them to the counter, along with some butter, and placed a pan on the burner. He cut off a small pat of butter and set it in the pan, and while it began to melt he walked back into the living room.

“I’m cooking eggs. Would you rather fried eggs, or scrambled?”

Rachel smiled at her Pokemon and fed them herself. As her sweeties ate, she stroke their fur and talked to them softly. Her Furret, Furry, laid next to her feet once he was done eating. She enjoyed the warmth her Furret gave her. This was the reason why she loved Pokemon, not to fight with them but to care for them. After her Pokemon were done eating, she laid down and her Pokemon laid down next to her.

Kathren woke up and gave a huge yawn before getting out of bed. She still was stuck in her shambling state, not really thinking. She left her room and sat down on the couch, staring into nothingness.

Maker kept watching the television. She wondered if it was fun to be a voice actor. Maybe she could be one. That way she wouldn't be involved in this kind of situations. She turned around to Renz. "I'm not hungry." She said in an automatic reply tone, and looked back at the television. She laughed as the Meowth on the television said he hated Mondays.

"Hey good morning!" The familiar voice was heard. "I hope you're all ready to go! Renz you got two hours to get ready for your date. I forgot to tell you, we used you as a prize for employee of the month. The rest of you, we left some clothes in the closets, get casual. See you all later!"

Renz watched as the others began to enter the living room, but he nearly forgot that Eli wanted scrambled eggs when he heard the announcement. He suddenly saw the advantage in shutting things out like Kathren had been doing. He had been casually picked as a prize, and they were forcing him to have his first date with some random grunt. This felt almost worse than the last month in his cell had been.

He tried to ignore it for the time. He tossed some eggs into a bowl, added milk to give the mix some fluffiness, and a pinch of salt and pepper. He put it in the pan, and in about five minutes there was a large serving of eggs on the table, enough for multiple people. He set out some plates as well, so that people could get their eggs as soon as they were ready. He didn’t feel like trying to force Maker to eat. He glumly sat down in a chair and scooped out a small portion of scrambled eggs from the main dish. He found himself constantly worrying about what was about to happen to him. Two hours. That was all he had.

Marigold leaned against a wall, tossing up a tennis ball and hitting it with her racket, trying to keep it bouncing in the air for as long as possible without letting it fall to the ground. She was pretty good at it. Her Pokemon were awake by that point, and finishing up their breakfasts. She had eaten a while ago, and now she had to wait. It wasn’t fun, sitting around instead of walking out to search for her cousin. She wanted to help, but now she felt helpless. She needed to be doing something.

"Mike, come on. You need to wake up. You won't believe what was announced." A faint voice could be heard in the distance. Michael slowly opened his eyes, and saw Jodi leaning over him. "Come on, get dressed. And then I'll tell you. I'll be waiting for you outside." Michael looked at her confused, and then noticed that she was wearing a black hoodie and grey sweatpants. There must be some clothes that he could wear. As Jodi left the room, he gradually got out of bed. He made his way to the closet and started changing. He just put on a dark blue sweatshirt and some jeans, and then went to the bathroom to comb his hair. You know, the most important thing. After about three minutes, he exited the bedroom.
"What took you so long?" Jodi asked him. Michael smiled secretively. "Ugh, unbelievable. Anyway, so the boogers announced that Renz will be going on a date with someone as prize for employee of the month." Michael's eyes widened, and he quickly glanced at Kathren. "I know. This will definitely cause some drama between them..."

^/^/^/^\^\^\^

Alejandro just sat down on the grass, gently petting the Trumbeak who was napping on his lap, since he needed sleep after eating, and after travelling, the bird napped a lot.
"I'm getting restless, little buddy." He whispered to the sleeping bird. "I'm getting restless. I can't wait until I can see Michael again... Jodi too. She's visited us so often that now she's basically part of the family... We're going to save them. And if not... I'm blaming Michael for hanging out with his friends." He chuckled weakly... He was worried for his brother and his friend, but he was confident that they could save them.

Fleur had finished her cooking, and placed the products upon a platter. She took the platter of Poffins over to the Pokemon, and placed it down for them.

"Alright, one for each of you. If there's any left over, I'll store them for later, alright? Spunk, you get to come with me. You know exactly why."

Spunk huffed as she waddled away with Fleur. This sucked... she hated punishment. She goes and does something for the better, now she doesn't get the sweet, delicious taste of her favorite snack. Fleur packed up all of her equipment, then sat down, holding Spunk in her lap so she didn't cheat out of her punishment.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Gaeboo got up from his "resting place" and went over to the living room. He sat on the couch, away from anyone else and just lied there. He didn't care about what everyone else was doing, he just wanted to lay there and watch as life trickled by.

Renz quickly finished his eggs and went back into the bedroom, not looking at any of the others. This was slightly abnormal for him, and to this who knew him well it might give a glimpse of just how upset and nervous he was. While Renz didn’t normally come across as one to be nervous, there were some things that he did get anxious about.
Once he was inside the bedroom, the boy sat on the bed and took some time to sort things out. His mind kept racing to all the horrible things that he might be forced to do on this date, and it scared him. He jumped up and rushed into the bathroom, turned on the faucet, and began splashing his face in the sink. He came up with wet hair, and he shivered as some of the cold water ran down the back of his neck. He grabbed a hand towel and began to dry off his hair and face, breathing deeply the whole time. He tried to force himself not to think about what kind of horrible person might have won enough of the cruel boogers’ favor to become grunt of the month and therefore his date. Date...
Fifteen minutes later, he had changed out of his Vileplume Onesie an into a dark blue, collared, shortsleeve shirt and khaki shorts. His hair was still slightly damp, but he didn’t seem to have made any effort to tame it. To all appearances he had merely changed into formal yet casual clothes, and didn’t look anything like he would have planned for a first date of his choice.

Maker frowned as the television turned off, meaning her tv time was over. She noticed Renz dressed differently and remembered he had to go on a date. She went to one of the rooms and went back with a pair of jeans. "This is better. Shorts on a date are a no no." She took out a comb, showed it to him and began combing his hair backwards. "I know it's not your style, but i don't want to imagine what would happen to you if your date complained, so just go with it." She then sniffed the air. "You don't smell bad. Make sure to pull the chair for her, hold the door open. Conversation is the most important thing. Focus on her, we love that and add things about you at a calm pace. Jokes are good, we like to laugh, but not too much. Avoid sad subjects and more towards current events or what she enjoys. Don't look at her boobs, that's annoying, eye contact is key. Be honest." She finished with his hair. "There. Relax and take deep breaths, we want you back alive." She went over and finally got breakfast. She then sat next to Gaeboo and offered him some, while eating at the same time.

Renz jerked back as Maker handed him the jeans and then began rearranging his hair, but after a moment he resigned himself and let her do her thing. If he had been able to see it once she was done, he certainly would not have been happy with it, but he was stuck listening to Maker’s advice for the date. He tried to pay attention. It was easy to guess that she had some experience, and her advice was likely good, but he was getting more and more worried after each sentence. He closed his eyes and tried to focus, but it wasn’t working. When she was done, he mumbled his thanks, stood up, and walked back into the bathroom. When he re-emerged, he was wearing the jeans. They didn’t fit very well, and he would have greatly preferred the Khakis, but Maker was right. As much as he wanted the date to be a limp and forced affair, he knew he would be better off if he did what he could. That didn’t stop him feeling nervous and sick to his stomach, though.

Gaeboo lightly snarled and turned away from Maker. What did she not get from this? He wanted to be alone, he didn't want anyone next to him, he didn't want to eat, everybody hated him, all of his friends were suffering, and no one was coming to save them. It was a hopeless struggle, trying to escape from this place. Why did people care so much about him when they clearly wanted him gone? He might as well face the inevitable now instead of being tortured by those freaks.

Maker just looked away from Gaeboo. She felt comfortable next to him. After the torture she received the day before, Gaeboo hitting her was nothing. Once she finished eating, she took her plate to the kitchen and then went back to sit down at the same spot. She just looked ahead and nodded every now and then.
"This one is out of it." Azumi stood next to Kathern. Maker stood and walked over to her. "Kathren? What are you thinking?"

The door opened, two guards grabbed Renz and dragged him outside. They walked him down through a series of hallways until reaching a room. They pushed him inside. The room had a table, television, sofas and chairs.

Last edited:
Kathren's mind was blank. She was physically there, but her mind wasn't. The Boogers' instructions flew over her head as she stared directly at the wall, not paying mind to what was happening. Even when Maker tried to talk to her, she gave no response. However, maybe a good shake could snap her out of her stress-related state.

Renz almost wanted to resist when the guards grabbed him by the arms and hauled him off, but he knew it would just make things worse. Thus he was dragged unceremoniously through the hallways and into a room. It didn’t look too bad, but he was too nervous to take much notice. He stood where the guards put him, not moving, and breathing more deeply than usual. He was fighting a battle against himself, a battle for control. His anxiety and worry demanded he break down, but another part of him was shouting at him to suck it up and get it over with. And then, frozen, all he could do was wait.

The door opened and a young man wearing the grunt SSMR uniform stepped in. He had a couple of bags with him and a backpack. He smiled when he saw Renz. "Yo!" He greeted the frozen young man. "The name's Leo. I'm a big fan. I, uh, brought some chips and soda to eat. Got some video games and card games." He set all his things down on the table." He took a deep breath, as if preparing for a nervous speech. "This is awesome. You can relax I just wanna chill with you. I was actually gonna choose Maker, cuz well, you know." He laughed nervously. "But I suck at dating girls so, I figured go for some chill time with you. Hope you don't mind."

Maker placed her hand on Kathren's shoulder and began shaking her slowly. "Kathren? You want some coffee? Are you hurt?"

Renz started at the man. This was even worse than he expected. He had prepared himself for a girl, and all Maker’s advice had been for girls. That advice was useless now, and the whole situation felt wrong to Renz. But all he could do was to make the best of it. He gave a very small nod and wave, and then went still again. He had no idea what to do, or what the guy meant by hanging out, so he decided to wait for him to take the initiative.

Kathren, when she was shook, blinked several times, regaining focus. "Huh, what?" She asked as she looked around. She looked at Maker, who was gently shaking her. "Oh, um, sorry, I spaced out there. Did I miss anything?" She looked slightly confused and looked around the room some more. "Um, and why is everyone dressed? Isn't it late?" A flash of realization flashed across her face. "Oh shoot! Please don't tell me they told us to do something and I didn't hear them so now I caused us to get hurt in some way!"

Renz hesitated for a moment. As uncomfortable as he was, he still knew he had to do what he could. He sat down as he was told, and looked into the chip bag, although he hardly saw. But he did hear the question. He didn’t care, himself, but since the guy expected him to choose...

“...Video games. What games are there?”

He chose video games mostly so that he wouldn’t have to deal with figuring out which games the other knew, and teaching other games. He didn’t know many himself. So he chose games, hoping that it would be the easier choice of the two.

Leo smiled. "I got plenty. I got a battle simulator called Pokemon Stadium. Then the Fario Bros. Also Pokemon Rescue Team, then the Legend of Nelda. Depends on what you like, from RPG to action." He began installing his video game console on the television nearby. "Most are multiplayer or we can take turns." He cleared his throat. "So, you and Kathren got something going on? Many of us like to make bets on who will be with who."

Maker smiled when Kathren finally came to her senses. "Well Renz was taken away on some sort of date and we are supposed to go out for a walk. They even brought us new clothes. We should get ready. There's breakfast also, you should eat some."

Renz listened to the selection of games. Some he had heard of, but he had never played any of them besides Pokémon Stadium, and that had been years ago on a friend’s game. He stared at the floor, thinking.
“I suppose I’m alright with any of them... probably a two-player game, though...”
His voice was slightly different than normal. His throat felt strange, and he felt bad. Anxiety, Nervousness...

“What? Whadda you mean?”

He turned his head to stare at Leo. Had the guy really just asked what Renz thought he asked?

Renz gawked at the man confusedly. How would he have gotten that impression? He and Kathren were best friends, but it wasn’t like that... but...
”No, we’re friends. We’ve been through a lot together and trust each other. That’s... all.”
He took the controller and stared at it. This question changed his perspective in many, many ways. Now he was sure that this was just a hangout and not some kind of weird date, and he also began to think of what might happen if they were more than friends... he shook his head. That wasn’t anything that could happen anyway. They were just friends. He had never thought of her as anything else until then, and he didn’t need to change things now. He should try to... relax...

“Oh, a Dugtrio? Cool. I always found it a bit weird that their nose is actually a tooth, but they’re still really cool Pokemon. If you train it well, it can go toe to toe against a lot of strong Pokémon, maybe even against a Tyranitar.”

Talking about Ground types out Renz back on comfortable terms, since they were his type of choice. He could have gone on for a while, but...

“So, how does the game work again? It’s been a long time since I played.”

Renz began selecting a team. His first choice was Garchomp, followed by Nidoking. Once these were selected he paused, trying to decide if he wanted a strategic match, or to go with Pokémon he knew. He quickly began scrolling, and picked out Metagross, Eelectross, Incineroar, and Machamp. He had just selected his last Pokémon when he heard the question. His face grew a bit redder, and he shook it violently.

“I don’t really care about that stuff, I never thought about it!”

He hoped Leo wouldn’t press for an answer, but he began thinking about it in case he did. He supposed they were all pretty enough in their own ways, and he didn’t have an immediate answer.

Leo laughed. "Really? Maybe that's why you're a favorite among girls. Well not favorite, it's just everyone has their own group of fans. Jodi for example is very popular among older people, since they see her as their adorable granddaughter or little sister you know? Then we got Gaeboo, who attracts a lot of girls, despite his record of hitting woman, he still had a lot of fans. Probably because of the tough guy act. You on the other hand, you're the opposite, they like you because you're the innocent sweet guy. I think I saw a fan art where they put you and Gaeboo, oh it's starting!" He took a drink and leaned forward focusing on the game. "You got a good team, I went for Dugtrio, Raticate, Ninetails, Executor, Raichu and Muk."

Renz tried to ignore the possible implications of Leo’s words. He shook his head and decide to focus on the game.

“Sounds like a solid team to me.”

He lead with Garchomp, and set up Stealth Rocks. A classic Renz strategy. He wasn’t particularly worried about his battling strategy. He was more worried about hitting the wrong buttons.

"Did you know there's a Dugtrio that has hair? Crazy, I can't imagine it like that." Leo had sent out Raticate and used Double Edge. "Sorry for asking, but I'm really curious. What's it like? Being trapped in there. Just so you know, a lot of us don't agree how you're being treated. But I understand you were all attacking us and that's why you are being punished. We really can't go against the leader's orders."

Kathren got up and quickly changed into some new clothes. She wore light blue jeans, a nice soft pink shirt and a white jacket. She then left the bathroom and sat down, not very hungry. She was worried about Renz. He was taken by the grunts to someone. She was unsure of what this 'date'. She felt slightly angry, but kept her mouth shut. At least he wasn't going to go through whatever the next bit of torture was.

“Oh, Alolan Dugtrio? I’ve seen those, most of the wild ones live in the Haina Desert.”

Renz pushed a few buttons, hoping they were the right controls for this game. He wasn’t worried by the damage done by Double Edge, because between the Recoil damage of the attack, Garchomp’s Ability, Rough Skin, and the Rocky Helmet that was equipped to it, the hit had a heavy price and if it was kept up the Raticate would likely faint first. Renz stuck his tongue out for a moment as he selected Earthquake as his next attack. Then he turned to look at Leo again.

“It... it... it’s not nice. I haven’t seen the sun in three months, I haven’t gotten much exercise... and they kept telling me how much they were torturing my friends. I worry about what might be happening to my family, and the ‘Captured Loser’ show is...”

He paused and took a deep breath.

“I don’t blame you. I’m sure most of you are just following orders... I wouldn’t be surprised if most of you were tricked or forced into joining.”

Leo chuckled as his Raticate fainted and he sent out the Executor. "Man that sounds awful. None of us were forced to be honest. Many of us were just given the option to do something with our lives. Uniting the world under one nation doesn't sound too bad." He had the Executor use Seed Bomb. "Although I'm sure there must be a more pacific way to do it." He took some chips and ate them slowly.

"Okay everyone time to go." The speaker in the announcement sounded. "I suggest you all don't give us a hard time, make this easier for everyone."
The door swung open and four grunts walked in, they were all carrying pink leashes. "Put these on." One called out as he threw them on the sofa and some collars too. "And hurry up."