• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Captured by the Evil Team 3: Rescue

Seed Bomb put Garchomp on low health, so Renz pressed Earthquake again. He hoped the combined damage of Stealth Rock would be enough to put it in K.O. range from Earthquake, or at least put it on low enough health for an easy revenge kill. He knew Garchomp wouldn’t survive another hit, even a Quick Attack, so he wanted to fish out as much damage as he could before his Lead went down.

“When you put it that way, sure. Uniting the world could be a good thing, in some ways... but the methods aren’t right at all. People would love peace and unity, but taking over a region isn’t the way to do it at all. I like to think that even though so much of the world is just plain messed up, the bad parts of the world wake up the good in the hearts of people, and that together the people can make things right. I know that sounded like a TV show, but I think it’s true.”

Last edited:
Kathren looked at the collars and leashes in disgust. Now she was certainly thankful that Renz didn't have to go through this. She did what she was told and gave the grunts a scornful look. She wanted to yell at him or something. But she kept her mouth closed. If she played nice maybe they would reward her later. They might even let her go. That single thought kept her from giving her mind to the grunts. The only sign of any defiance was the prideful expression on her face.

Gaeboo snarled at the grunts when they threw the collars, they couldn't touch him, and they knew that. He wasn't going to be some dog for a bunch of low life freaks. He just looked away from them, basically saying "bite me", and closed his eyes. If they did want to do something to make him move, he would move alright. There were no guarantees that they wouldn't, though.

Leo shrugged. "Maybe you're right." He had Executor use Psychic. "Too late now though." He laughed. "It's not like we can just say, nevermind, and drop everything." He drank from his soda. "Besides, maybe the brothers will get bored and let you all go soon. Well not all of you, for obvious reasons."

The grunts looked at each other and then nodded. "We knew you would be a problem." They walked in and stood around Gaeboo. "Don't make this more difficult then it has to. Just out the damn collar on. You're just making things worse."

Renz glanced over at Leo.

“Obvious reasons? I don’t think they’d ever let any of us go.”

Garchomp went down, but Renz went straight into Nidoking and had it use Megahorn for a 4x effective attack. He opened a can of soda and took a sip, beginning to feel more relaxed.

“I mean, why would they? They can laugh at us all day. The only limit to their amusement is their own creativity, as far as I can tell.”

He took another sip and set the can down. He was about to grab some chips, but decided against it. He didn’t want to get the controller greasy.

Gaeboo refused to make eye contact with the grunts, he wasn't going to just bow to them. They didn't even deserve to have him locked up here.

"Or what? You'll punish me for being a bad boy? You should know that you can't go against me, and that I'm not scared of you or any of your higher ups. They're too cowardly to face us like men and deal with us themselves. You can do anything to make me obey, but I'll fight back. If you want to treat us like animals, then I'll act like one, I'll crap on your feet right now if that's what you want."

"Well think of it this way." His Executor fainted and he sent out Dugtrio. "Here comes my main Pokemon! Anyways, I was saying, which ones of you are really threats to the organization? Jodi and Michael aren't dangerous, they just happened to be with you all. Neither is Eli or Kathren. Heck, not even you. But you got a rich girl as hostage which keeps the family at bay and Gaeboo is way too dangerous. Plus I heard they got rid of the cop." He had Dugtrio use earthquake. "So, I think that once they get bored, you're all free to go. That's just a theory we made up though."

Two grunts grabbed Gaeboo's arms and the other one began placing the collar around his neck. The fourth one laughed. "Fine, we'll treat you like a Growlithe."

Renz went very quiet. This confirmed his suspicions even more... Azumi really was gone. He hadn’t even known her for that long compared to most of the others, but from what he had seen she was an amazing person who didn’t deserve that fate at all. In fact, none of them deserved what they were going through, even Gaeboo.
But even while his mind was elsewhere, Renz was a battler at heart. He predicted that Dugtrio would go for a strong Ground Attack to take out Nidoking, so heswitched our into Eelectross. Typingwise, it was a bad move, but Eelectross’s ability was Levitate and it was immune to ground attacks. He went for an Aqua Tail attack, and then returned to his brooding.
Maybe they would be let out eventually. But what then? What would his life be now, even if he did get out? The SSMR ruled Sinnoh, and his dreams of becoming a Gym Leader seemed impossible. There were sure to be other consequences of SSMR rule that would change his life, even if he were at home in Alola. For all he knew, the SSMR would grow and grow, until they were large enough to take over all the regions. And as much as he hated to admit it to himself, Leo was right. He really wasn’t that big of a threat to the SSMR. And even if they let him go... they would almost certainly keep his Pokémon. He gasped quietly and closed his eyes. He needed to stop thinking about the future, or he would break down.

Michael and Jodi were just finishing their breakfasts when the grunts came in with the collars.
"Uh...." Jodi blurted out, not exactly sure what to say. They looked at each other, knowing what was coming.
Put these on.
Yup, they knew it. Jodi sighed and put the plate to the side. She took the collar from the sofa and put it on, grumbling. "This is a new kind of embarrassing." She whispered. Michael followed suit. This. Was. Horrible. While Jodi felt rage building up inside her, Michael was wondering if he looked good.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli looked down at the leash and collar in a small bit of shook, picking one up and looking it over, determining it was just a collar, prime for mischief and suffering, for who he would see “You want to?” He asked Halt “I’d say we do this together, Ill tell you if I have an idea” Eli smilled, he nodded as he put it on, frowning as he sat on the couch, waiting for what would come next.

"A Growlithe, you say? Fine, then I'll act like one."

Gaeboo bit the the wrist of the grunt holding the collar. The only time he would ever put anything around his neck would be by his own hand. He kicked at the two grunts holding his arms, he wasn't a big fan of this being tied down stuff.

"You keep that damn collar off me, else I'll make it so you can't even wear one yourself. You get one chance."

Leo sighed as his Dugtrio was taken out. "Man you're killing me." He chuckled and ate more chips. "Want to play Pokemon Warcraft 2 after this? I got the dlcs." He drank from his soda and sent out a Raichu. "I got nothing against your Nidoking, GGs." He had it use thunderbolt. "Anyways, you should ask Kathren out. If you two hit it off, then you would be more loved by the fans and that means better care from the brothers, don't you think?"

The grunts began hitting Gaeboo. They elbowed him from behind, while another one tackled him down. Then they all ganged up and began stomping on him. Maker gulped as she saw them, her mind struggling to decide wether she should help or not. One grunt stepped on Gaeboo's head and looked at the rest. "Anyone else?" He pointed at Eli. "You, put the collar on him."

Last edited:
Renz normally would have been happy about his probable victory, but he wasn’t. Eelectross took the Thunderbolt, and then Renz switched back to Nidoking. He went for the Earthquake.

“Pokémon Warcraft 2? Isn’t that a fantasy RPG? I heard about that one... sure, I’ll try it... wait, what? No, I can’t do that... I mean...”

He shook his head and took another long sip from his soda. He wasn’t going to let himself think about things anymore, he had to make sure to focus on the games.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli looked down at Gabeoo, picking up the collar “But would a mear pet put the collar of another on? I thought you were bringing us low, not just making us go through the motions, though who am I to complain if you let us do the actions of honor? For me to be another creature equal to your own” He said, rather dramatically “Maybe a bit much” Eli did not respond to Halt, waiting for the grunts reaction to how he twisted the situation

Gaeboo just laid on the ground, not moving a muscle. He closed his eyes and silently held his breath. He knew one thing for sure, there could only be one way he would get out of this. He just hoped these grunt were as idiotic as they looked. A bit of blood dripped from his mouth as he laid on the ground, almost lifelessly.

A grunt planted his fist on Eli's face, grabbed him by the hair and then kneed him in the stomach. "That's for being a smartass." The grunt took the collar from his hand and looked at Kathren. "You do it or do you want the same treatment."
Maker couldn't hold it anymore and raised her hand. "I'll do it."
The grunt chuckled and tossed the collar to Maker. She kneeled next to Gaeboo and gently putting the collar on him. "You okay?" She asked before getting back up and walking over to Eli. "What were you think?"
"Alright! Everyone has their collars on..." The grunt went around and made sure they were secured. "Good! Now your leashes." He handed them to Kathren. "Put them on."

Leo laughed. "Well you beat me. Let's play PW." He got up and switched the games. "I've already started it, I'm on chapter 4. I've only unlocked Azumi, Rolan, Emma and this new character named Alice. But, because of the dlc, you can choose characters from the first one that don't appear on here. Like Leo and Samantha, I of course use Leo." He watched as the game began and his character appeared, apparently in a castle. "Just press start and choose your character." He drank from his soda. "You think Maker would accept letters from her fans?"

Renz sat back and took another sip. He didn’t feel happy with his victory, although three months ago something like that would have made him smile or give a fist pump. Now he just sat there, waiting while the game was changed. Once it was loaded, he looked through the availible characters. He decided that he liked the Wizard named Rolen, and decided to try him out. He hit the select button.

“I dunno... she definitely hasn’t been herself lately, but it might cheer her up some. I really don’t know. By the way, how do these controls work again?”

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli went to his knees with little trouble, a small grunt coming from his mouth. “Want me to step in?” Eli responded in thought this time “Please, by all means” Eli let up control as Halt took over for the time being, as he let a smile grace his lips, looking up at Maker “I’m fine, besides, we’ve learned they are afraid of the idea, after all, who beats someone up if they are not scared in some way?”

In the past, if they didn't break her already, she would've refused. She would've given them a good rant about how horrible they were and stood her ground. But that was a long time ago. She accepted the leashes silently and hooked one up to her collar before attempting to put one on everyone else's. She didn't seem to be fully there, like she was a robot in a way. Those that were observant could tell she was mentally not there.

Leo pointed at the screen. "We take on little missions from the characters with the exclamation point. The red ones are important for the story while the the green ones are just additional to earn extra money and experience. Now when in the open world you move around and interact with A. You can call your Pokemon partner with R and edit your player with X. In combat, you use your skills with B, X and Y. Dodged with A, summon your Pokemon with R and do your special with L. I haven't really leveled up Rolan because I got Leo, so feel free to use his stat points as you wish." He had his character start a red mission, a mission about some bandits started, that wanted to destroy three ships and they had to defend them. "If I give you a letter for Maker, would you take it to her? I asked the boss and he said it was cool."

The grunts waited for Kathren and then took the leashes. One of them whistled and a Machamp walked in. They gave the Machamp Gaeboo's leash and it began dragging him away. Three grunts each took one person, except for the fourth one, who took Jodi and Kathren, since they would be the ones to give less trouble. They dragged them all away, leading them down a couple of hallways for a couple of minutes, until they reached a door that lead to a park with a sign that side "Take your cute Pokemon for a stroll!".

“Okay, got ya... I guess I’ll start with a side quest to get the hang of things.”

He started moving around and talking to people. Most of them were just NPCs that only said a few sentences, but one gave him three berries. He hit the X button to look at his stats, and saw that he had a few stat points to use. He put two in Dexterity and had one point left over. There was a little sign that said: ‘Press A to see the uses of stats!’, so he pressed A and a little menu popped up.

———————————————————————Strength: Used for Physical attacks and feats of muscle.
Dexterity: Used for Dodging. This attribute also determines your move to speed and attack rate in Combat.
Constitution: Determines Hit Points and Stamina.
Intelligence: Determines some spellcasting abilities, helps solve puzzles and problems, (hints may pop up more frequently with higher INT).
Wisdom: Determines some spellcasting abilities, determines Notice and Vision range.
Charisma: Helps in social interactions, determines some spellcasting abilities, causes Quests to pop up more often, and plays a factor in your Fame.
Mana: Determines Magical Stamina, factors into Magica Damage.
——————————————————————————

Renz read through it carefully. He didn’t understand some of it, but he got the general idea. He hit B to go back to his Character menu, and assigned his final stat point to Mana. He went back to the world screen and left the castle. He hit R and summoned his partner Pokémon, and Espeon. He hit A to interact, which made Rolen bend down and pet the Eeveelution. Then Renz saw that on the edge of the screen, a character with a Green exclamation mark was visible. He made Rolen walk over, hit A, and the old man with the exclamation mark began complaining about a Purrloin who kept stealing from his stall in the market. He looked at Leo.

“Sure, I could... as long as you promise I won’t get in trouble. Does this look like a good starting quest?”

Gaeboo just laid on the ground, being dragged along by the Machamp. He didn't open his eyes, he didn't talk, he just let himself get dragged along the ground. If he fought back, he got punished, if he did nothing, he got punished. There was no way she was going to submit to them, he wasn't the kind of person to do that. He thought about what all the others were going through, but nothing really came to mind with torture. The closest thing to that was Kathren, and that was only half as bad. Had he snapped? No, there was no way, he was just the only sane one left... and the only one left willing to fight back.

Leo nodded. "Yeah that should be fine. I'm going on my own I guess then." He chuckled. "Regarding the letter it should be fine, one of the brothers knows about it, I think Whiton. He said it was cool." He moved his character around, showing the different areas in the fantasy world.

Maker couldn't help but laugh a little at Gaeboo's actions. Once they were out in the park there was a line of grunts looking and laughing their way. Blueton was taking payments from the grunts with a big smile across his face. It looked like they were paying for a chance to walk who ever they chose. The first one to approach was a dorky looking man. He had glasses on, which seemed broken, long greasy hair and an odd perverted smile. They handed him Maker's leash. "Come on little Fennekin, let's go walk." The grunt said as he handed maker a head band with Fennekin ears. Maker looked like she was about to cry, but put them on anyways. The grunt tugged on her leash and walked away with her.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli let himself be dragged along, leaning on the leash, looking like he was sitting down and crossing his arms as his shoes slid on the ground, only standing when they got there. He looked at Maker with hurt eyes, that was low, even for what he understood of the SSMR "What do they even hope to accomplish?" Eli asked Halt "Fear is the only thing I can think of" Eli gave a shiver at that response.

Renz started on the quest.

“Sorry to abandon you, but I want to get a hang of the controls before I try any big stuff.”

The quest beacon pointed him in the direction he needed to go. He found the stall in question, and only had to wait for a moment before the Purrloin jumped into frame and took a cluster of berries from the stall. Renz made Rolen give chase, and followed the Purrloin down the street. He was having a hard enough time trying to keep up, and he didn’t have a chance to figure out how to enter combat.
He followed the cat into an alleyway, and thought he had it cornered. Then he found that it had jumped on top of some crates and up to an old window box. As soon as he saw it there, the camera shifted so he couldn’t see inside. He walked around the alleyway, trying to figure out what he was supposed to do. He eventually figured out he was supposed to get up on the crates by interacting with them. He got to the top, and was surprised to find that the Purrloin had a nest of kittens, and that they were all digging in to the stolen food. Now Renz had to figure out what to do. This completely changed his perspective on the situation.

A semi-familar face with a Floatzle beside him walked up. He was handed the leash for Kathren and she snapped out of her trance due to her pure shock. "Matt!"
He turned and faced her. "Yes Kitty?"
It seemed as if she was filled with fight at this nickname. However, she didn't act upon it. Instead, she glared at him. "What are you doing here?"
He smiled at her. "Well, Kitty. I joined SSMR after they took over."
Kathren gritted her teeth and glared at Matt during thier walk.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
A smiling young woman approached Eli, also holding some ears, these ones being zora ears "Hey boy, its time to go a walk!" Eli looked at the ears, not even what he was known for, though he supposed it hardly mattered. He took the ears and looked at them, it was the kind of thing he would wear anyways, he thought a moment before sighing and putting them on "You submitting so easily" Eli whispered back "Nah, I'm taking these when we are done here" The woman tugged on the leash because Eli had stood still while speaking to Halt, Eli looked back at the others, before walking forward with the girl, holding himself tall and proud instead of being dejected.

Jodi and Michael were dragged along, Jodi glaring daggers at the man who was walking her and Kathren, for being a jerk and for thinking that it would be easier to drag the two girls, while Michael was just walking quietly, observing his surroundings. They finally got to a park, and two grunts approached each of them.
Walking over to Jodi was an older looking guy, probably a grandpa... who for some reason still had the energy to be a stupid grunt. He had some fake Glameow ears attached to a purple headband in his hand and put it on Jodi's head.
"Oh, you remind me so much of my granddaughter, she looked just like you!" The guy said, smiling.
"Pretty sure you don't put a collar on your granddaughter and walk her like a Pokémon..." Jodi muttered.
"What was that, dear?"
"Um... Meow." The grunt smiled and began walking her, while Jodi followed, her eye twitching.

The grunt that approached Michael was... interesting. Their hair was died green, which faded into yellow, which faded into red, all put in a bun. They had a dark blue nose ring and several other piercings. And they were non-binary.
"Well hello! Okay, I've got three options! Rockruff...." Michael smiled and let his tounge loll out, similar to a dog. "Meowth...." Michael delicately licked the back of his hand. "And Morpeko." The boy tilted his head to the side, he didn't know that one. "Hm... Yeah, Rockruff." He put the other ears away and put the Rockruff ones on his head. They began walking him, and Michael was trying to act similar to a Rockruff.

Last edited:
Gaeboo's leash was handed off to some random girl, he had no clue who they were, nor did he care. They squealed at the fact she got Gaeboo, and gladly began walking him the best she could with him doing nothing.

"Yay! Aw, you're like my little buddy now, let's take you for a stroll! I love how you just defy all their orders until someone like Maker has you snap, it's so... bad. Right now, you're my little Dunsparce, so you stay right there and play dumb!"

He couldn't believe this chick, she just compared him to a Dunsparce. That thing could barely think, is it because they thought they were that much better? All that was left for him to do was to keep playing dead... maybe it would work.

As the game progressed Leo kept on talking about the characters and the adventures he had in the game. He would make jokes every now and then and made sure Renz was comfortable. If you took away the uniform, he was a really nice guy. He even ordered pizza when the snacks we're not enough. Once time was up, Leo sighed and looked at Renz. "Man that was fun." He handed over the letter for Maker. "Hopefully she will say yes." He laughed and began picking up the video games and trash. "You can take the rest of the pizza and soda, I won't be eating them. Got a long shift coming up."

Maker's walks were mostly awful. It was different guys hitting on her and getting to close. Some took pictures and forced her to kiss them on the cheek or hand while others would hug her and call her names. The experience was terrible for Maker, except for one girl who admired her and they actually had a nice walk. They talked about makeup tips, their cheerleading careers in high school, cute Pokemon and their travels. When the day finally came to an end, Maker was taken back to their apartment, along with the rest. She immediately went into the bathroom to take a shower, trying to scrub the dirty feeling her walkers left behind on her skin.

It didn't work, more people just dragged him along the ground for the entire duration of the walking process. He only got up once, and that was when he was brought back to the apartment, which he then went to the bedrooms and shoved himself under the covers in some random bed. It didn't matter, what was anyone else going to do to stop him? He could only imagine what was going to happen next, what, were they going to force them to eat plastic or something? He had a distinct feeling that he would never get to have a break, always being forced to do these disgusting things for some crazy idiot's amusement. The worst part is that there was no one coming for them. Yeah, he sent Fang out there to get Fleur, but for one, how the hell would he find her and two, how the HELL would that little baby be able to get them out? Last he saw, her Pokemon didn't even listen to her, and in response, she gave up and went home. What was stopping her from doing that now if she even was coming, just giving up and going home? All of this was absolutely hopeless, this was their life now.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
At the end of Eli’s first walk, Eli had veimently proclaimed the headband as his own, the girl really not caring to much, it was not cheap, but not expensive. Eli stowed the headband away for later (Just to wear, not much of a greater motive) Eli tried to pull this a few times, not succeeding often, only claiming the Zoura headband, a pair of Fenikin ears, and a red bandanna, when he got back he was smiling, having bruises under his clothes, one on his left cheek, but he still thought he ended on top as he sat on the couch, stretched and yawned.

For the rest of her walk, the grandpa just rambled on about how he disapproves of ripped jeans, headphones and smartwatches, and how he keeps getting called 'boomer', and he didn't understand what it meant. Jodi just meowed in agreement, trying to resist her urge to hit him with a chair.

Michael's walk was... interesting. The grunt talked a lot about other grunts, gossiping (Michael loved this part, he loves gossip) and trash talking. They also talked about the show, how thet thinks that it's surprising that Renz and Kathren aren't together, and how Gaeboo needs to be put in a freezer, since he's so hot headed. And when other grunts came to walk him, they simply gave the others the finger, and that drove them off.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they returned to the apartment. Jodi slumped on the couch and looked at Michael.
"Is it wrong that beside the ones that I know, I hate all elderly?" She asked him, a serious look on her face. Michael scratched the back of his head and slowly nodded. "Well, it's too late. You know, just because of that guy, I think I'm going to wear ripped jeans only from now on."

Kathren grimaced during her walk with Matt. She was lucky that he didn't expect her to act like a Delcatty, the costume that he placed on her, but he seemed to want to walk her for most of the punishment. On of the other, probably a higher ranking, grunts had to tell him that his time was up. But before she was finally free from him, he talked about questionable things that made Kathren visibly uncomfortable. He kept talking about their future, how they would be an amazing couple and how she would clean their house every day for him and even subtly suggested private activities. Kathren's stomach churned at this and she couldn't repress a face of visible disgust. Fourturently, her other walkers weren't like Matt. They kept talking about how they wanted her and Renz to get together. This made her low-key blush, but it built some of her confidence.

After all of the walking, she entered the bathroom and pulled her journal out of its hiding place and started writing in it before she pulled out an older journal and skimmed through it, a look of pure anger. After this, she left the bathroom and sat on the floor, not sure what to say.

"Let's go." Ron said as he saw the sky beginning to set. "We should be reaching Harthome city soon. From what I found out on social media, they were taken to the Pal Park today, which means we should look for an access to where they are being kept from there. But, first we need to get some grunts. We need to dress like the SSMR to avoid calling too much attention. So, if you guys notice any guarding the area. Take them out without letting them warn the others. Be careful, once we take out the first group we need to rush towards the others because once they found out they are being invaded, they will lock down and ruin our chances of getting out alive."
With that he picked up the sleeping Nana in his arms and began walking ahead.

Renz was the last to return. His arms were full of the extra sodas and chips, and his chin was tucked down to hold Leo's letter for Maker. There was a guard on either side of him, but luckily they refrained from pushing him around. Probably only because he was carrying so many things and if the soda cans broke, they would probably have to clean it up.
Renz stepped into the apartment, the door closed behind him, and he made a beeline for the kitchen counter. He quickly began to set things down, and once his arms were free he began shaking them vigorously.

Marigold nodded. Stealth was not her forte, but it couldn't be that hard. She gave Ty a good pet, stretched, and followed Ron.

Kathren sat up and got up to walk over to Renz when she saw him. As soon as he placed the items down, she went to store them away in the correct cabinets. "How bad was it? You know the date thing." She looked slightly disgusted at the thought of the whole date thing. She seriously hoped that nothing serious happened.

Rachel nodded silently as she followed. She never was huge with sneaking around and fighting. Besides, she didn't really battle that well, nor did she like wearing uniforms. Pink was her color, and these uniforms had no pink on them. "Hey, is keeping a pink ribbon to tie my hair back good to keep on with the uniform thing?" Rachel asked.

Surprisingly, Renz didn’t answer for a moment. Seeing her brought his mind back to what Leo had said, and he felt awkward for a moment. Then he shook himself free of his thoughts and gave a small smile.

“It turned out not to be a date at all. The guy was going to have a date with Maker, but got too nervous and decided he would rather have a guys’ hangout. That letter on the counter is for her, he asked me to bring it for her.”

"Hmm, interesting," she said with a nod as she put everything away. The moment of silence worried her a bit, but she had a feeling he was just lost in thought or something. That was probably it. Besides, when would Renz hide something from her? They were best friends! Nothing more. No matter how much she wanted them to become a thing. She shook her thought from her mind and looked back at Renz with a furrowed bow of curiosity. "So what did you two do for this 'guy's hangout'?

Renz helped with the last few things. He glanced quickly to the living room to see who was there, and then turned to answer her question.

"Mostly video games. A little bit of a battle simulator, and Pokemon Warcraft 2. It was much better than I thought it would be, although..."

He paused. Many things they had discussed while playing passed through his head, including Leo's questions about them and their discussion of the boogers, and of the SSMR.

"We also talked about the boogers and stuff... he said he thinks they might let some of us out if they get bored."

Another short pause. He considered asking about the walk, but was having trouble wording the awkward question.