• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Captured by the Evil Team 3: Rescue

Kathren closed the cabinet. "Really?" Curiosity gnawed at her. Renz said the grunt thought that the Boogers might let them free. It made her wonder what else they talked about. She turned to look at him and gave a small smile. "What else did you two talk about?" It sounded as if he had a pretty good time, at least she thought so. Much better than what she went through. She internally shuddered when she thought about Matt and his interaction with her that day.

Renz was silent. The idea suggested to him by Leo, the idea that they were or could be something more than best friends was still at the forefront of his mind. He thought about telling her about the ridiculous idea, but he didn't want to say anything. His gaze dropped to the floor without his realizing it. He suddenly felt horrible for not wanting to tell her, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Kathren's eyes filled with concern when she saw Renz. "Hey, what's wrong?" She placed a hand comforting on his shoulder. "Did this guy do something to you?" Her heart pounded against her chest as she thought about what terrible things that could've happened to Renz. Maybe this 'date' was worse than he had let on earlier. The thought made her mind shudder.

Renz felt the hand come to rest on his shoulder and jerked back. He looked shocked, and indeed he was. Never before would he have minded something so simple and friendly, but now his mind told him that it was not good. He didn't even fully understand why. He looked up at her, and forced himself to clear things up.

"No, Leo didn't do anything wrong. It's just... he asked me if we were a couple, and..."

He paused, mentally shaking himself. He wanted to word things perfectly. He didn't want to make things awkward.

"I dunno, I just never really thought about stuff like that before. I guess it's just new for me, and I can't shake what he said out of my head, that's all."

Kathren was hurt when he jerked away. What happened! They were good friends! Best friends even! It hurt her at a personal level. Then he explained. She felt her heart beat even faster as she felt her cheeks warm until her face was hot. If she saw herself within a mirror, she would see that she was beet-red. Unlike Renz, she thought about what could be, she just never brought it up in case it ruined their friendship. She couldn't help but look away. "I do sometimes," she mumbled, hoping it didn't sound weird or obsessive.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lily nodded to Ron "What are they doing there? and do you think we should split up and meet somewhere? try to get uniforms and Ids to break in?"

Eli studied the headbands in his hands, they were of decent quality, they would last if they were treated pretty well. He placed the zora band on his head. He smiled as he got up to go to the kitchen and see what Renz brought back and talk to him, though when he heard the conversation going on inside, it sounded like one not to interrupt, so he waited outside the room to wait for the conversation to be done or open up for him to enter, covering his mouth as he listened, waiting.

Renz saw the deep blush that grew on Kathren's face, and his own began to appear. But that could have been explained as embarrassment about the suggestion... until she spoke. He was silent for a moment, trying to understand. She had thought about... them being a couple? Was that what she meant? Or did she mean something else...? He was too startled and confused by the whole situation to come up with words, but he began to speak anyway.

"You... I mean, what do you mean?"

Kathren sighed. "I mean that I had a crush on you for a long while now. I didn't say anything, I simply thought of the possibility on occasion. Not that I was going to act on these thoughts, just a simple longing. Besides, it's probably going to dissipate eventually. Though it has been around for a while." She sighed. "Renz, I placed our friendship over my feelings, ok. I'm not going to have us become a thing, especially if you don't want it." She closed her eyes. "If you don't like thinking about it, then we can stop talking about it. Ok?"

Renz listened, unsure what he thought about all this. He closed his eyes for a second or two, trying to wrangle himself into some kind of an appropriate response. When they reopened, there was a very slight smile on his face, possibly partly forced. He opened his arms, offering a hug.

"I'm... going to need some time, to think about... this, but either way we'll always be friends. Best friends."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli gave them a good several seconds after he heard Renz sat they would be best friends before putting his arms back to his sides and strolling in, walking to the counter and grabbing a soda, turning around and leaning on the counter "How was the date? Was it as bad as we thought it would be? Did you hear what we had to do yet?" he asked in his normal, social tone, taking a sip from the soda after popping it open.

Maker walked out of the bathroom, her hair made into a humid bundle to avoid having to comb it. She wore a loose long sleeve blouse with a Jigglypuff design and black leggings. She walked past Gaeboo and gave him and "It's okay" pat on the back. She made her way to the kitchen, where there seemed to be an uncomfortable conversation going on.
"Where you get the soda?" She asked Eli as she approached the group. "Why are you guys red? Did something happen?"

"We don't need to." Ron replied. "Stay together. It's safer this way and we can take them out with ease." He looked ahead determined. "The sooner we can get this done, the less they have to suffer." His Pokegear rang. Ron looked at the message he received and smiled. "Our allies are close. To avoid any confusion, please stay close and do not attempt anything without me."

Renz turned to look at the others as they entered. He tried to be casual, but he was still a bit flustered and his thoughts were partially elsewhere.

"It wasn't really a date, there was a guy named Leo who was going to ask Maker, but he was too nervous and decided to have a guys' hangout instead. He had me bring back the extra soda and chips back with me, and there's a letter from him on the counter for you, Maker."

His answer was a bit jumbled, but after his talk with Kathren and the sudden barrage of questions, it was understandable. He chose to ignore and/or missed a few questions, as well.

“Allies?”

Marigold questioned. She had thought it was only them on this mission. She agreed with Ron’s instructions. She was a good team player.

Last edited:
"And I don't understand what's the problem with having your hair dyed! It's not like old ladies don't dye their hair so they don't look as old! Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah..." Jodi kept rambling on for several minutes about how much she doesn't understand the elder's logic. And honestly, Michael was growing very tired of this. He rubbed his forehead and slumped on the couch, but then his ears perked up and he immediatel got back up.
"What is it?" Jodi asked confused, and a little bit offended, because she suspected he wasn't listening to get anymore. Michael kept silent and headed for the kitchen. Jodi rolled her eyes and groaned. "Looks like I'll have to find out..." She followed him into the kitchen.

There, they found a red Kathren and a flustered Renz. When Jodi looked at them, she immediately found out what Michael was after. "Oh boy."
"Hey guys, what happened?" Michael asked the two, who seemed pretty suspicious. But not 'they mopped up the floor of the crime scene' suspicious, the 'Nothing, I didn't do anything mom!' suspicious. "Renz, are you guys okay? You look like you just found out something really personal that might change permanently the way you view something or someone, but you don't know how to react, so you get flustered, and with us entering the room this gets even more embarrassing. Or is that just me?" Jodi rolled her eyes.
"Hopefully they didn't hear that."

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Alejandro got up and followed the group, always checking their surroundings, as usual. He listened to the others talking, but one sentence piqued his interest.
Our allies are close.
"Allies?! Ron didn't tell us anything about allies!" He thought, quite surprised. He looked away, trying to take his mind off that. It's not that he was afraid. It just feeled a little... fishy.

Maker hadn't noticed anything about Kathren or Renz until Michael mentioned it. A playful smile spread across her face as she connected the dots. While she wanted to know the details, their faces said otherwise. She decided to try and help out by changing the subject.
"So I got a letter?" Maker said as she picked up the folded piece of paper. "I think it's a love letter." She unfolded it and began reading it. "Oh." She read it again, looking serious the second time. "Yup, a love letter from another creepy smug who thinks they have a chance with me." She folded it up and placed it in her pocket. "He seemed like a nice guy but my heart belongs to someone else." She drank from her soda and set it down. "So, we did good today, maybe we can request a movie."

----- Avengers -----

As Harthome city could be seen in the horizon, Ron signaled for everyone to stop. "This is it. We stop here to get reinforcements and then tomorrow we will try and get our friends and family back." He set his backpack down and the half sleep Nana. "Just a heads up, don't freak out when you see my contact for desperate times call for desperte..." He was interrupted as a man stepped into the clearing. The man was wearing a full black uniform with a big red R on the torso. He smirked when he saw Ron. "Dammit Ron, the one time you actually decide to come back and it's to drive us into a suicidal mission."

Gaeboo lightly growled when Maker pat him. He put himself way further under the covers. She didn't get him, no one did. Loneliness at that point was a saving grace from all of this.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Fleur wasn't too thrilled with the idea of a stealth mission... she could get caught... and hurt. Although... clothes were always nice. She liked the idea of something that fit her form well, made her look good. There was the egotist again, she shook her head and looked around Hearthome. Big city, didn't get to go here often at all.

“Uh, yeah... I’m fine, Michael.”

He didn’t look particularly ‘fine’. He was sincerely uncomfortable.

“I was just telling them what ha-“

Then Maker interrupted with the whole Letter business, saving him. At least for a time... He knew he would have a lot to think about later. He shot a quick glance over at Kathren, wondering what might happen in the near future.

It took Marigold a minute to recognize the symbol on the man’s chest, but as soon as she did her hands were on her Pokéballs. Her glare was intense, and she was prepared to lunge into action if the man made one wrong move. From the conversation, she understood this was supposed to be an ‘ally’, but she wasn’t going to take any chances.

Kathren pretended to be in her 'not fully there' state. At this point, she had a pretty good idea what she had to do to fake it. She was sorta upset about thier moment being interrupted. Sure, it was not going to get them together, but she was now uncomfortable to give Renz a hug, especially after someone entered the room. Not only that, but everyone was there. It was a wonder why she wasn't really in her 'blank out' state. When they offered a movie, she didn't say anything, not really worried about what they chose, though she was yearning to watch The Pyroar King again.

Rachel followed Ron, not sure what to say exactly. She wasn't really big about fighting, but she was willing to do just about anything to save her sister. Then the Rocket members stepped in. Her heart skipped a beat as her eyes widened in horror. She remembered the news coverage of this notorious team when she was little. It terrorifed her when she was little. And this new person terrified her now. However, she didn't run. Ron seemed to know this person.

Michael's smile faltered for a second as he searched Renz and Kathren's faces. He didn't understand why they weren't happy. He knew what Renz's reaction was, but still thought that he's be happy. He sensed a strong connection between the two, so he knew it'll happen eventually. But, something else caught his attention that made him forget all about the Kathrenz issue. Maker said that her heart belonged to someone else. Michael looked at her with a big smile, ready for the interrogation.
"Oh my gosh, who is it??!!! Dish. Now. Is it Whiton? I knew it! So, for how long have you felt this---Ow, what gives?!" Jodi pulled his ear, since he was getting out of hand.
"Okay, Cupid, I say you stick to gossip. In the living room, now!" Jodi said with a very stern tone.
"But--" Michael tried to fight back.
"Now!"
"Who are you to give me orders---"
"NOW!!!"
"...Fine." Michael finally gave in and rolled his eyes. "Yeesh, who knew getting kidnapped would give you an attitude..." He said while exiting the room. He sat on the edge with a huff. Jodi rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead.
"Ugh, it's like I'm the mother of a seven year old..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

As the guy in the uniform stepped into the light, Alejandro's eyes widened and he took a step back, and his hand instictively went in his pocket, where his PokéBalls were. Ron said not to freak out, but if this guy was a part of Team Rocket, Alejandro just couldn't trust him. He didn't do anything, but he watched closely that guy's every move.

Maker smirked as Michael was dragged away. She went over and took another soda, placing it in her pocket, then placed her arm around Eli's shoulders. "We're gonna try and get permission for the movie." She told Kathren and Renz. She then dragged Eli away with a triumphant smile, leaving Kathren and Renz alone again. She walked Eli into the leaving room and yelled at the ceiling. "Can we watch a movie?! Please?!" There was a silence for a while before the speaker went on.
"Sure why not, you guys actually did really good today, we even got some nice drama, the ratings are higher then normal. Let's... See... I got the Pokemon Journal, a love movie and... A documentary on Professor Oak... Not even gonna ask, Pokemon Journal it is."
The television went on and a romantic tune was heard as the companies that made the movie went on. Maker smiled and yelled "Thank you!" She then went to the room where Gaeboo was, set the extra soda down and whispered. "I left you a soda." She then made her way back and sat down next to Michael. "I forgot the chips." She whispered. "I'll get them after the other two come join us."

Ron looked at the others. "Sorry, I figured it was best to explain things once you saw it. I called in a favor that the Rocket boss owed me. I mentioned we would need back up, these guys have been itching to get a shot at the SSMR and we could use the distraction. The idea here is for us to sneak with the SSMR uniforms while Team Rocket attacks. We go in, get our friends and family and get out before the attack is over. I know working with such a group doesn't feel right. But gym leaders are in no state to attempt this and trainers of the world shut down the idea since they rather stay at their home region to defend it. No worries, there's no strings attached, you won't be involved with Team Rocket at all. They want to make SSMR suffer and we are gonna take advantage of that."

The Rocket grunt scratched the back of his head and laughed. "Sheesh you're talking like if I wasn't here. We all knew you were using us, but it kind feels weird hearing you say it." He placed a more serious look on his face. "Anyways, we will attack tomorrow night, wether you're ready or not. I'll come see you all before then." He looked at Ron. "Nice seeing you again man." He turned around and left.

Ron sighed and looked at his team. "Questions, complaints, anything, let it out now."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli was dragged along, he didn't know why, she did it by herself, but he did not complain as he sat down and got ready to just watch a movie "Do you think anyones coming for us Eli?" Eli took a sip as he thought "Yes, I think so"

Lily looked around "Where are the uniforms, that kinda important here"

As the others began to filter out, Renz stood still. He was glad they were leaving, somehow. He had a lot he needed to think about, and his insides were in turmoil. He had reached one arm across his body to reach the other arm, and he stood quietly. He felt like he should say something to Kathren, but he really didn't know what. He thought of several things, but he was actually truly scared. She was his best friend, and he didn't want to upset her in any way. His eyes rested on her, and now that his eyes saw in a new way things were different. She really was pretty, although he hardly thought of such things before.

Marigold grimaced. Their explanation was good, and while she didn't enjoy the prospect of working with an evil team she didn't really have much choice. The team had a plan, and she knew she would play her part to the best of her abilities. Renz, and all the others, had to be freed. If this was the way they had to do it, then so be it. She was ready.

Kathren placed a hand on Renz's shoulder as a friendly gesture. "They said something about a movie. Let's go watch it with them." She gave Renz a reassuring smile as she fought the urge to hug him. She then exited the room, suddenly feeling a little less tense. She knew Renz probably didn't want to sit next to her. It hurt a little to think about, but if he did feel that way then she would sit somewhere else.

Rachel spoke up. "They hurt Johto! I can't work with them at all, even if it won't be on record." She looked at the grunt fearfully as she pulled Candle into her arms and forced the Lampent to stay near her.

Renz nodded, but he wasn't looking at her anymore. He grabbed a soda from the counter and followed her out of the kitchen, and into the living area. He glanced at the screen, then quickly moved across so he didn't block anyone's view longer than necessary. He sat down on one of the couches, and tried to open his soda as silently as possible. There was room on the sofa for Kathren if she wanted to sit there. Renz stared at the screen, only half seeing. His thought were occupied elsewhere.

Maker got up and went to the kitchen, she poured all the chips in two different bowls and brought them back to the group. "I love this movie." She whispered to Michael. "Well I like all types of movies but this one is actually good." Watching a movie with friends, made Maker feel normal again and she was acting like it. Well, as normal as Maker can be. "Don't you wish your life was romantic like a movie? I wish mine was."

Ron looked over at Rachel. "Then don't got." He looked at the rest of the group. "Right, the uniforms are priorities. We should search closer to the city. The more we find the better. Let's go." He began walking towards Harthome.

As Maker came with two bowls of chips and set them on the table, Michael took a whole bowl and put it on his lap. He took a chip one by one and ate them while he listened.
"Of course! My life is always lacking romanticism, mine or others. My brother is gonna be forever alone, my friends don't want to tell me because I freak out, but I find out anyways, Kathrenz is already in its awkward phase, can't do anything there without damaging their relationship. Jodi says she's too young, basically baloney. Gaeboo.... I don't even know. And you....." His eyes widened as he leaned a little forward and lowered his voice. "You said your heart belonged to someone other than that Leo guy, so tell me.... Who is it? Is it Whiton? I knew it! Or is it one of the other Boogers? Or is it Gaeboo? Come on, tell me! You know you want to! I won't tell anyone, except maybe my relationship scrapbook, and Jodi, and the person you love... So who is it?" Next to them, Jodi sighed and face palmed. She took Michael away to stop this, but apparently he always finds a way to sneak this topic into the conversation.

{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}{[()]}

Alejandro gave the others an unsure look, and then looked back at Ron. He didn' trust Team Rocket, and now his trust in Ron thinned a little as well. But, Michael and Jodi's lives were at stake, and so were their friends'. So, with a deep breath, he followed Ron without asking questions or looking back.

Last edited:
"Sorry but it's a one way love. The other person doesn't feel the same way, so there's really no point getting worked up about it." Maker replied to Michael. "I'm surprised your superpower didn't notice before." She stuck her tongue out playfully. "Maybe you're losing your touch."

Ron continued to lead the group, while Nana walked next to Ty. She seemed to be eagerly explaining something. She would move her arms all over the place and talk in a high pitch voice. Her expressions went from surprised to joy or a mixture of both. But, nobody could really understand what she was saying.

Michael quietly gasped. That was incredibly rude... well, at least to him.
"How dare you?!" He whispered to Maker, his face full of shock. Saying that was like, the ultimate betrayal. "Well, um... something insulting!" He didn't exactly know what to say, so he just said that. He got up, walked over tot he other side of Jodi and sat down with a pouty face. Jodi sighed and rubbed her forehead. She was getting real tired.

Kathren, not paying much attention to Maker and Michael's argument, silently sat next to Renz. She tried to keep her distance though, not to seem awkward. She was oddly silent and very tense. If Renz wanted her to move, she would, but she wanted for them to remain close to her friend.

Rachel gave an extremely worried face and gulped. "Hey! Don't leave me alone out here! I'm going to be killed out here." She ran to them, extremely worried. "I'm a pacifist," she mumbled as she ran. Candle followed her, her purple flames rising up a bit as she mentally swore to keep Rachel safe.

Renz watched the movie silently. The plot was much better than he had expected to be, but he still had some trouble focusing. He couldn't help but keep thinking about what Kathren had said. He kept glancing over at her as the movie went on. He still felt confused, but things were beginning to clarify for him. About halfway through the movie, he scooted a bit closer and put his arm around the top of the couch behind her. He glanced at her once more, half a smile on his face.

Marigold slowed her trot just a bit so she could walk next to Rachel. She knew her friend wasn't comfortable with the situation, and she decided it was time for a pep talk.
"I know you don't like violence, but... don't forget. They've got your sister, and they're doing horrible things to her. You might just have to fight if you want to save her. I generally take each battle as a challenge, a competition, but I'm not going to hold back against these guys. They have my cousin, and they're horrible people. We have to do whatever we can."
Ty limped along with Nana, obviously listening to what the Kirlia had to say. He was occasionally making noises that were rather inquisitive in nature, as if he were asking questions. He was surprisingly interested.

Kathren felt Renz's arm on her back. She was, of course, stunned at first. She glanced at him in slight confusion. Sure, she liked him and she tended to enjoy them being close together. But she honestly thought that Renz didn't want to do something so related to couples, especially from his reaction. She then looked back at the TV, fighting the urge lean on his shoulder. However, she eventually gave in, thinking that maybe Renz sorted it out through his mind.

Rachel gave a heavy sigh. "I know, I know! Just, I don't believe violence is the answer. Violence leads to more violence." She sighed again. "I just- I dunno. Ever since I hatched Soul, I felt like violence was wrong. But I guess the only way to stop these bullies is with violence." She frowned with obvious displeasure. She felt weak for breaking her own morals.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli leaned on the arm of the couch, paying little more attention to his buddies than to the film, smiling at Renz and Katherine, it really was a lovely sight to him. He gave a half hear to the conversation between Maker and Michael, having mixed emotions to the event, Halt contributing his thoughts on that manner "He is, now just watch the film already." Eli nodded and turned his face back to the screen, now simply to enjoy the film while he can.

Lily walked along with the group, looking at Rachel "I'm afraid I don't share that sentiment, there holding my brother" She glared out into the distance, where she imagined they might be. "and if they stand in my way, well, I'll get them out of my way, one way or another."

Renz closed his eyes for a moment. There was still some confusion within him, but he felt content. Or rather, as content as he could be at that point in time. They were still prisoners, after all, with no immediate prospect of escape. As he felt Kathren leaning against him, he almost moved closer, but refrained. He took his eyes from the screen once more and looked at her. He gave her a little nudge and whispered to her, “Who do you think she’ll choose?” As far as he could tell, the heroine of the movie had a tough choice to make, and he didn’t know who it would be.

Marigold stretched her neck and placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder. An idea had just occurred to her.

“I won’t argue that violence becomes a cycle. Although, to be fair, they started it. But maybe you don’t have to fight. I’ve never really seen your Pokémon’s moves, but... do you have anything that can put opponents to sleep, or heal allies, or stuff like that? You could act as, y’know, like a cleric from a video game. Team support but no actual fighting?”

Marigold had a feeling they’d need all hands on deck for the fighting, but she thought she’d suggest it anyway. She didn’t want Rachel to be uncomfortable. They were friends. But she knew they would need each other, and have to work as a team if they wanted to rescue their families and friends.

Kathren thought for a moment, the question having no real answer for her. She was too busy thinking about other things during the movie. "I-I'm not sure." She glanced at Renz. "You know, I never liked romance movies. I always wish for there to be more substance than a person likes another person, watch them get together." She sighed, knowing that she might have upset him if he liked romance movies. "How about you? Who do you think she'll choose?"

Rachel nodded. "I can do that, I think. And I know they were the ones who started it, just I feel uncomfortable fighting unless I'm defending myself from an attack." She glanced at the others, knowing that they probably didn't understand, at all. After all, these people were all supposedly evil. She won't deny the people in charge are extremely morally wrong, but the people working for them probably have hopes, dreams, and goals. They were all completely human in there. Every single one of them.

Renz shrugged. “I dunno. I’ve seen a few Hallmark-style romances, especially around Christmas. My mom likes watching those. They’re okay as far as I’m concerned, but I agree that there could be more to them most of the time.” He thought back to some of the movies he had watched with his parents in the past. After remembering the very little he could about them, he gave another shrug. “Maybe the one who showed up second. That’s how a lot of these go, I guess. This one has a bit more plot than most Hallmark movies I’ve seen, though. Guess we’ll just have to watch to find out.”

“Good.”
Marigold gave a firm nod.
“C’mon, let’s catch up to the others.”
She quickened her pace a bit. All the while she was wondering what her strategy would be, and how she could best fit into a fight. She finally decided only time and the unfolding of the situation would tell, and that she’d just have to think on her feet. She also began to wonder if Ty would follow her orders.

As the movie went on, Maker began to look more nervous. The movie's ending had an unexpected twist, but Maker seemed to be more lost in thought then usual. When the credits came up on the film, she leaned closed to Michael and Jodi. "Hey, if you were about to die, would you do everything you ever wanted no matter the consequences?"

Ron kept leading the team until there was a small building in sight in the middle of the woods. He looked back. "This must be a guard post, I'll go in and take them out, just need one of you to cover my back. The rest stay here in case anyone approaches, make sure they don't call for help. Anyone want to volunteer to join me?"

Jodi wasn't really listening to the movie, and was just checking her nails, over and over again.
Meanwhile, Michael was enjoying the film, like probably all romantic movies. He wasn't missing any scene of it, and he was very sad when the film finally ended.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Maker leaning in. She was pretty quiet during the movie, so this was surprising, but her question was something else. Both Michael and Jodi both glanced at her, then gave weird looks to each other, then looked back at Maker.
"Um, that's an interesting choice of words, regarding the situation that we're in. Are you feeling okay, Maker?" Jodi asked, a little weirded out. "I hope you aren't having any thoughts..." She gave Michael a concerned look, and he shrugged. The girl sighed, then looked back at her somewhat crazy friend. "Well, I guess that we're all gonna die someday, so I guess it's better to do the things you've always wanted, because you don't know how much time you have left... I guess. But why, whadda you want to do?"

#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#

Alejandro stopped in his tracks when he spotted the distant building, a very convenient wind flowing through his hair from the front. Ron said that he was going in, and his eyes widened. There was no way he was going to volunteer, even though he felt a little bad, since he thought that other than Ron, he was the oldest out of everyone. But then again, he could protect the girls if anyone found the ones that stayed behind. So he remained in his spot and waited for someone else to go with him.

Marigold looked around. Since she didn’t see any raised hands, up came her own and she stepped forward.

“I’ll come with. Ty, you should stay here with the others, okay?”

She turned to look at the disabled fire type. He glanced at her and shrugged, as much as a Typhlosion could shrug, that is. Renz has always helped him to do things even though he was missing a leg, but he saw Marigold’s reasoning. He resigned himself and sat back to watch things happen. Marigold stepped forward to join Ron, ready to set out. Her hands were at her belt, ready to throw out Pokémon as soon as necessary.

"Well the ending of the movie got me thinking about that. What if I don't make it out of here and I'm wasting my time moping about being captured?" Maker replied with a shrug. "Just saying maybe I should try and joy my stay here. What do you think?"

Ron nodded and looked at Ty. "I would take you, but Nana is better here with you." He pointed at the Kirlia that was dancing in circles like a ballerina. "Make sure she doesn't teleport away, she likes doing that."
Ron signaled for Marigold to follow him and began leading the way. As the approached the building, one guard could be seen on the front door and two others inside. Ron whispered to the young girl. "Can you act like a lost little girl? I'll deal with the rest."

Maker sighed and laughed. "Nevermind!" She stood up and stretched. "Anyone still hungry?" She asked the group.

Marigold crouched low as they approached. She was trying to be as stealthy as she could, but she still had a nasty moment when she stepped on an old leaf and it made a crinkle. Luckily, none of the guards had seemed to notice. She had taken a squatting position behind a bush when Ron asked her to act like a lost little girl. She thought for a moment and shrugged. She had an idea... but opening a Pokeball would make too much noise. She moved her hand away from her Pokeballs and lifted it to her other arm. She pinched herself. Hard. Then she pinched her leg, too, and tears started to form. She moved back quietly for a short way and then began walking normally, coming from a slightly different direction from where Ron was hidden. She sniffled, and she had tears in her eyes as she walked out into the open. She looked back and forth and occasionally whimpered, "Tuck? Tuck, where are you?"

Then she seemed to notice the shack. She rubbed at her eyes and used the opportunity to pinch herself again. She hustled forward towards a grunt. "H-hello? Ex-excuse m-m-me? Have you seen a Wimpod around here? He r-ran off, and I can't f-find him a-a-anywh-where." She was doing a decent job at playing small and frightened. The tears from the pinches completed the effect. However, she was still worried that they would be suspicious.