• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask the Staff

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Read the above posts.

We did NOT delete anyone, the hacking problem did. If you were affected, sorry, but nothing we can do.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since the rollback deleted all the recent replies to this topic that weren't forum-related help...

If you celebrate Christmas, who are you planning to buy for this year?

I'll be buying for my four siblings (older bro, older sister, and the younger girls), my mom, my mother's parents, and my close friend who-might-as-well-be-family, Keri. I don't generally exchange with my friends - nor they do with me - because we all have multiple people to buy for. It's mutual. :)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be buying for my two siblings (younger brother + sister), my parents, a few of my closer friends at school and Alex. :p

[size=5pt]I may also buy Nem something nice.

Hey first off I'd like to say thanks for the wallpaper.

Now the question (they can be totally random right?)

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Or are you like me and home is the only place you would want to live.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Hm, if I lived anywhere else in the world, I wouldn't have a house.

I would like to live in America or Japan, but I don't have a house there, so it wouldn't work. :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Anywhere, as long as I can be with someone special. ^^ And maybe up north somewhere. Yorkshire, perhaps. I have no desire to move abroad. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Or are you like me and home is the only place you would want to live.

I'm like you in a way. Canada is the only country I want to officially live in, but I'm dying to move off PEI to the outer-Toronto area. The where doesn't matter so much as the price of housing and the distance from the center of the city (25-45 minutes away by subway/bus/Go Train would be perfectly fine by me). There's just so much stuff to do there, all my favourite places to shop exist there, and it'd mean I'd be able to hang out with a very close friend of mine MUCH more often than we currently see each other.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Inner-Manchester, or somewhere down south.
Inner-Manchester because there's more acceptance there than there is where I live. Somewhere down south... Maybe somewhere in Cornwall or some such, because as soon as I hit Uni, that's where I wanna go. Somewhere far away. For a fresh new start.

Or Mars.

Just thought of a question that might get some weird answers: Other than Pokemon, What's you favourite Nintendo Franchise/Game Series (Mario, Star Fox, ect.) Personally, I like most of them, but Mario, Star Fox, and Fire Emblem stand out. Those and Advance Wars or the really old school Famicon Wars.

(Edit: 300th post, sweetness)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just thought of a question that might get some weird answers: Other than Pokemon, What's you favourite Nintendo Franchise/Game Series (Mario, Star Fox, ect.) Personally, I like most of them, but Mario, Star Fox, and Fire Emblem stand out. Those and Advance Wars or the really old school Famicon Wars.

Wario Ware - it's an absolutely genius series starring the sole member of the Mario cast I can actually stand (and is the only one to even display anything remotely like character) with some of the best quickfire gameplay you'll ever find.

Outside of that, Zelda - partly just because of the epic music.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Oh hoh, I've got many, but I'll go for which stand-out most XD

Mario is definitely one of my favourite Ninty franchises, mainly because of how broad it is and the sorts of games that'll turn up with the Mario name. Games like Mario Galaxy, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island are awesome in their own right, but I'm also a huge fan of the Mario-based RPGs - most notably Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Mario RPG, and Partners in Time. I can't wait until the next proper Paper Mario RPG is released on Wii.

Next up, I've been a big Kirby fan for years, although most of it is because of a single game: Kirby Super Star. Don't get me wrong - I pretty well buy every Kirby game that sounds interesting and play through them, but none of them have reached the level Super Star did. The only one that's even come close so far is Squeek Squad. But yeah, in general I love the concepts behind Kirby and using the various different abilities to rip everything apart.

Then there's the Legend of Zelda series... It's the sort of series that even if I don't play through the games myself, I love hearing/seeing anything about it. It's probably one of the best universes Nintendo has constructed over the years, and the theme music is godly.

Notable mentions must go to Metroid, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong for me, because even though I'm not as crazed over them as the three franchises mentioned above (tho I am pretty zomg about Star Fox 64 and the original SNES Donkey Kong Country collection), I still love their universes, characters, most of their games, and so forth. I'm glad that they're part of Nintendo in one way or another.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
That's nice. Unfortunately for you that has no relevance to anything being discussed here. There's a topic in the Pokemon Chat if you want to share your favorite Pokeymanz. >>

Warned.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
:(

I don't think I can speak to you again.

I knew you'd notice that xp

My problem is the notable lack of "Mother" games in NA =/
The only one I've actually played is EB, and since it's just the one game... it kinda doesn't count in my mind for a question like this. I'm sure the other two Mother games are awesome, but it doesn't feel right commenting on 'em until I've actually played them ^^;

Please don't hate me because I'm Mother-less :(

um...this is more of a messup in the system, but have any of you mods noticed that on some newbies their post count is lower than the amount of posts that are visible? see the attached file for an example. Notice that there are 3 different posts, yet the count says 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Two possible reasons:
a. The warnings are from the WiFi board, which doesn't count posts towards your total post count.

b. The poster was warned, given the notification about the same, and their topic/post deleted because it was just too spammy for words. If we left every warned post untouched... I don't even want to think about the results x.x

I was still in elementary school when Red/Blue came out, and some of my friends were raving about it. I figured "what the heck" and bought Blue version at their behest and borrowed my dad's Game Boy to play it on. The rest is, as they say, history. Pokemon Blue is pretty much the only reason I'm a gamer right now. :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I got into pokemon with the trading cards - they were going around school like wildfire, and I got my hands on a fire energy card, which I traded for... I think it was a ponyta, then a charmander, then a bought a few decks... Built up a collection of over 200 cards (some limited editions from japan even, since my dad went out there for a few months) before deciding I wasn't very good at it anyway. :p

The games came next, naturally, quite soon after they came out over here - I was going to Florida on holiday, and needed something to occupy my 9 year old mind. We ended up with two gameboys and both red and blue versions (I has a sister). After ten minutes of struggling to find the bloody door, I delved into a world that hasn't let me go since. ^^

Oh, and I still have all my cards, I just don't know where I put them. >>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemon and me seemed like a match made in heaven - or at least, that's how it appeared the first time I ever read about it. It was in a summer issue of Nintendo Power '98... They had a couple or so pages devoted totally to Pokemon, including the video games and the Anime. So I started reading it, three key aspects soon standing out to me: RPG game play, an Anime series, and animals/monsters that you can TRAIN - three/four of my favourite things crammed into one franchise. Add to that the evolution idea, and I was sold by the time I finished the article.

So, yeah. I ended up putting the promo Red/Blue Nintendo Power poster up on my wall and eagerly anticipated the release of the games. Bought Pokemon Red the day it was released and it was everything I'd hoped for and then some. Soon followed the premier of the Anime, which I also fell in love with from day one. Hook, line, and sinker.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Nothing yet. I'm awake before everyone (Me and my brother are playing FFX before everyone else wakes up) so I'm not allowed in the lounge. I'll let you know though!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
* baratron has just opened her Pokemon Battle Revolution game. It helps that I'm expecting it to be crap, so I won't be disappointed :).

I have also received some books (Fragile Things and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman), The Phantom Hourglass for DS, a set of six placemats with photographs of wolves on (though that's really a house present rather than a me-present), a black lace fold-up fan, and a t-shirt depicting a theobromine molecule.

Haven't seen all my friends yet, nor had everything arrive in the post from family, so I'm not sure what else is to come.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have a question that's been bothering me ever since I noticed that there was a member called Blaziken...

1) How com Blaziken says that he/she(don't know....) has 4005 posts, but when I checked his/her actual posts, he/she only posted a total of five posts?
2) He/She says he's an "Almighty One", but he/she has two warnings. How is that possible?
3) Who is this "Ralts" person that was mentioned in this thread?
4) He/she was gone for a long time, but now he/she is back. Any idea why?

And after reading one of the threads where Blaziken posted, I have concluded that this Blaziken person is a creep, and I pledge my full loyalty to Linkachu. Cheers!

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Blaziken's basically our test monkey. :p Although he seems to have developed a fierce personality. Probably from all those odd "super" potions we gave him. >>

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
He is an actual Blaziken who previously belonged to Doctor Oak. But he decided that he was far too awesome a Pokemon to "belong" to any human master. So he beat Alex up and escaped, hacking into Pokecharms on the way to annoy Alex further. He was aided in this accomplishment by a Ralts, who hasn't been seen since.

Blaziken pops up every so often whenever it's a bit quiet around here to stir up trouble again. Rumour has it that some of the more annoying n00bs on this site might in fact be his sockpuppets.

As for the warnings, wouldn't you warn a rogue Pokemon that had taken over the site? 8)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
...This question was asked on the last page! x_x For a custom av you need a post count of fifty, and customizable titles are a mod/admin only thing.