• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask the Staff

How does a user being unregistered work with the warnings? Is there a seperate system in place for them?

And on a similar note, with the issues with n00bs and such, have you considered disabling Guests from posting outright?

If someone's unregistered, we simply delete any offending posts. And guests can only post in this subforum as it is - that way they can post sprites and TC backgrounds without registering. Preventing guests from posting wouldn't solve much.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I can't imagine it being much of a surprise for me to say yes either.

Though I only really read two at the moment now that Bob And George has wrapped up. The Insane Asylum and Sprites In Limbo (Both conveniently hosted on Pokecharms. :D)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say that all of the mods/admins read sprite comics or have in the past ;)

Anyways, aside from the Insane Asylum, I haven't been keeping up with my sprite comic reading. Ones I read in the past were Bob and George, Spindash, and Pokemon-X. I've read most of the sprite comics posted on Charms, too, but only stick to the ones that have some effort put into 'em.

I kinda wish I could get back into my sprite comic reading to be honest, but that'll have to wait for now =/

Her I prntcrn'd it. It's like the image actually goes below the sig. It's weird. I'm sure its just a variation of that infamous quote bug you get with BB but I was just wondering if it was something else.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Could just be a render bug - the entire forums are designed using CSS - not tables as you'd find most other forums designed. It means that "breaking the tables" isn't a problem when big images are used (and means we can allow wider avatars thanks to the handy dandy horizontal scroll - though it's rather fugly). But it also means that it's more prone to rendering bugs like images being placed randomly over another layer thanks to some glitch in the spacing or whatever.

I think that's the problem anyway - and normally shouldn't take more than a refresh to fix.

Edit: Yeah, looks like what I'm talking about.

What browser do you use?

Thats actually in me sprite thread and hasn't left yet. On another forum of mine there's what we call the quote bug where if you have two [quote ] and only one [/quote ] it cause some kind of an error that puts posts within posts and off to the side and causes general chaos. Might be a similar error.

Using Firefox by the way. Takin' back the web baby.

C

CX360

Why hello! My name is CX360, but you may call me Corey if you wish. I just found this site today, and I must say it is very nice. The colors are easy on the eyes, and I like the name (Probably because I'm Irish). Anyway, my question to you is, when might the registration be back open? I do believe a fortnight has passed.

Oh, and bravo on your no-spam policy. Hit 'em where it hurts.

Hey, do you know when the sigs can be bigger? I can't post a Pokepet, or anything! i understand that some people had, like, 20 zillion TCs, but it doesn't mean that we should be punished for it too. Maybe you could tell them to make their sig smaller, and if they don't do it you warn 'em.

Otherwise, I don't have anything to say.

AL has Spoken! *POOF*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I feel for you there. I fucking hate the sig size limit too. But yeah. That's what Alex decided and that's why I can't change my sig even though that quote i have in it is like a year old bread by now.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Registration and Sig Lengthening will both be put into place when the new server is set up and ready. :)

Probably in another fortnight.

C

CX360

You heard it here first folks! A fortnight before registration! That's 14 days for people who don't live in the UK (like me)!
The only reason I know what a fortnight is, is because of Strong Bad Email. :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have a question.

People post a picture in the submit a custom trainer topic, but the picture doesn't show. Then, because of that, they get a warning. That's not really fair, because they don't know that the picture isn't showing because they think they copied the image thing correctly, but they didn't. So wouldn't it be better just to tell them through PM or something that their pic isn't showing?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'll warn people in that scenario if they fail to rectify their mistake.

I know for a fact with post you're referring to. I've actually checked this post, and there is no real reason why that image isn't showing, as the URL and image tags seem fine.

It's more of an incentive to fix the post. Unless the person outright ignores me for a fair bit of time, say, a week? Then I'll warn them.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I only warn people for evil linkies if they haven't read all the things about uploading - that is, if they don't use a url at all. Because in my opinion that's just silly. >>"

Whats been going on with the forums? For the last 2-3 days I haven't been able to get access, receiving a database error. If this is answered elsewhere lemme know, as I couldn't find it in announcements, updates, or any of the sub-forums it'd be in.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Something caused one of the tables in the database to be accessed way more rapidly than it could cope (possibly an attempted DDOS attack, which either failed or was beaten away by the nice server people). The table went kerplooie and needed a kick up the bum to start working again (technically, a pretty accurate description of the solution, amazingly). I wasn't here this weekend, so nothing I could do till I got back.

Bloody typical that I go away for 3 days and the site asplodes.

V

Virr08

ok I wanna know wtf my trainer sprite posts are constantly getting deleted I am following ALL the rules and they are my original work not stolen not posted in the original topic (because I wasn't even around for it) I beleive I have the right to know why they are getting deleted I worked extremely hard on them! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Erm, I wasn't the one who deleted your posts, but I'm not surprised. Your sprites were pretty much re-colors, and bad ones at that. Re-colors will not be admitted into the TC maker.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I deleted them because they were absolutely shite and don't deserve to even exist, let alone to be put in the TC Maker.

Learn to SPRITE, not badly recolour, then try again.

T

tpl2009

Hey, e'eryone. tpl2000 here, from a proxy. i'm just wondering why i've been banned, who did it, and...well, why i've been banned o.o

as far as i know i didn't do anything against the forum rules, but someone's said to me that you don't ban based on the rules anymore, and i'd like to know the truth of it.

hey, if i get unbanned, great. if i stay banned, which i believe is the more likely of the 2, oh well. i didn't come here to rant, or break any rules, or piss anyone off.

oh, and Blue: i'm still reading your comic, and it's still amazing =D

Hi dude,

I had a look at your ban, and it doesn't say why you were banned, so I can't help you there.

In regards to your other question, whoever told you that is a little mixed up: we will occasionally ban on sight, but only if the person in question is obviously beyond help. So, we still try to ban by the rules, but if there's someone who we think is just too bad, we'll nix 'em.

And thanks. ^^

T

tpl2009

Okay, thanks for looking. (sorry about the month-late response, but i wanted to see if any mods would come up with a definitive answer)

i just think it's interesting 'cos it doesn't even say on my account that i was banned.

(actually at school, this time.)

S

Silver

Ok, seriously WTF?!?! YOU DELETED MY ACCOUNT NOW! I go away for a stupid week and I find my account is delted! I waited for so long to join here and you delete my account. I wanna know why.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
If you're banned that means you broke some rules and/or we deemed you a lost cause. I don't know what your account name was... Else I could look it up and see the reason...

Wait... You probably weren't banned at all come to think of it.

Charms was haxxed last week and anything from two weeks prior was lost; posts, threads, AND accounts. Simply make a new account is all I can say. It was nothing you did, just how it worked out with the forum back up being two weeks old and all. :/

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well, Silver doesn't show up on our memberlist, so you were most likely erased during the hax, try using a different name?

S

Silver

Wonderful T_T...this happened to my brother too. He took one warning and his account was deleted.