• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"I've finished all of my contests. All that's left to do for me is go to the Grand Festival, but that's not gonna be for a while yet," Daniel began, "It's on Mount Lanakila, near where Acerola's trial site is..."

"But we don't have to go to the trial right away, if there's something you'd rather do before," Kemen added, "Hey, Nova, didn't you say a while back that you'd like to try a showcase? If you wanted, I could show you some of my moves, and then you could try the showcase in Tapu Village!"

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier looked over at his sister and smirked slightly. "Trying out for a showcase? That's going to be something to see." He chuckled softly.

Nova looked over at Daniel. "I don't know. It seems like a lot to do...you know, between the trials I might do and the showcase I might perform in. Espeon, myself, and the rest of my Pokemon haven't really practiced for a showcase." She explained.

SaiyanDakon

"We could explore Ula'Ula Island before we go to the trial. I remember seeing a large building in Malie City." Glacier said, "I'd like to check that out."

Espeon tilted her head and nudged Nova.

"But we've already been to Malie City, so if you wanted to go there, maybe you should have said something when we were there," Daniel sighed, "It seems kinda silly to backtrack, when we have other things to do..."

SaiyanDakon

"My bad...." Glacier chuckled softly, "That Ice Mountain...Mt. Lanakila, right? It seems interesting to check out...but I only went there to train." Maybe I should get Sneasel back...I believe they're native in Alola, or maybe just on the mountain. He thought.

"We're all gonna end up there at some point," Daniel replied, "I mean, it is where the league, the grand festival, and the masterclass showcase are gonna be this year. Though, I do question the location. Seems a little impractical to do the biggest events in the region atop an icy deathtrap..."

SaiyanDakon

At least have the league somewhere else...maybe at Mele'Mele Island. Its where we started so it should be where we finish too.....at least that's my suggestion." Glacier said.

Nova looked over at Glacier Z-Ring and over at Akio's and Teiran's Z-Ring. "We'll be able to use Electrium Z....now that I have Magneton." She murmured.

SaiyanDakon

"Up to the rest of the group. Nova and I are going to Acerola's Ghost Trial. I figure Daymon would do it, too." Glacier said to Kemen, "Afterwards, would be the showcase and the Grand Trial with the Kahuna."

"Showcase? But Teiran already has all of her keys," Kemen responded, "All that's left for her is to compete in the masterclass showcase, and that won't be for a while yet!"

Daniel, meanwhile, was more focused on what he could be doing while waiting for the grand festival. "I suppose I could wait for you in Ula'Ula meadow, while the trial's happening..."

(Please don’t hate me. I want to revive this. Maybe others will join.)

Terain awoke one sunny morning, Brionne resting beside her. She looked to her left. Then looked to her right. Where had everyone gone? How long was she out? It couldn’t have been that long, because she wasn’t hungry or thirsty. She sat up, brushing some grass off her shorts.

“Hello? Daniel? Jemen? Glacier? Nova? Anyone?” She helped, awaking the Pokémon beside her.

Daymon was sitting in the grass nearby, a sandwich in hand. “Yo. How are you?” He asked Terein, the wind on the steep hill making a gentle hum across the landscape. “Ever noticed how the wind makes the grass ripple like raindrops in the ocean? Kinda awesome.” He said, looking out stoically.

"Indeed, it is one reason I've grown fond of these islands..."

A familiar voice sounded in the air as the eccentric protector Duke and his trusted companion in his Shiny Charizard descended from the air and landed beside two of his close friends. Duke moved off his partner as he walked over to Daymon and Teiran with that big infectious grin of his.

"So, how have you two been? Been a while. Apologies in my end I had to settle matters with a certain Skull lead." Duke said in apology for his absence.

“Daymon! Duke! Thank goodness I’ve found you, I thought I might’ve been on my own!” Terain said, fixing her braid a bit.

Brionne jumped up and did a flip to rejoice the finding of her old friends.

“I’ve slacked off for a while.” Terain said, twiddling her thumbs. “We have Island Challenges to defeat, Z-Crystals to recover, and other...”

She trailed on for a second.

“Stuff.”

Duke had a grin. "Well the day is young and there is no reason we can't get a good leg forward now. Let's see what these islands have to offer!" Duke said as he and his Shiny Charizard struck their sentai-style "preparation pose" as it seemed the protector and its partner were ready to tackle more of these trials among anything else.

And it seemed they had not been alone, as Duke's Rockruff and Fomantis released themselves and seemed ready for the adventure to time if their excited reactions had been anything to go by.

Brionne flopped up to her friends, waving her tail at them excitedly.

“Um...what would we do though? Any ideas? Daymon? Do you have any thoughts?” Terain asked curiously.

SaiyanDakon

"Wait....guys? Terain? Duke? Daymon? Is that you?" Glacier asked as he and his little sister slowly walked into an opening. He smiled gratefully as he saw his friends. "Holy crap, I can't believe it." He whispered.

Nova seemed to be relieved as well as she smiled at them. "What...how did this even happen?" She asked quietly.

Terain smiles and waved to them.

“Hey, guys!” she started. “I’m not entirely sure what happened? Maybe we blacked out? I’m not entirely sure how much time passed.”

Brionne waved to the trainers who entered the clearing, happy that everyone was coming back.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier seemed to be relieved now that all of them were alright but it left one question: How do they get out of here? "Yeah....and we've got to find a way out of here...maybe we can see to it that we'll find an exit with Pokemon that have an ability to light our way." He spoke.

Daymon made a stretch and gave everyone around him his best smile. “Well, now that we’re here, should it really matter?” He asked, giving all of them a peace sign. “We should all be happy!” He added, and turned around. “Now, we should be heading to the Ghost Trial. I’m pretty sure we need to take a coastal route through a badland mountain to get there...”

"Ah Glacier, Nova. Good to see you guys." Duke said with a smile before he pulled out a map of the Alola Region which mainly had a focus of this island but then pointed out what islands had been around them for consideration. One that outlined a path of the coastal route as Duke made sure the group could see it.

"We should make sure our supplies are good. Trip should be fine but better to be prepared than go in on rations alone." Duke suggested to the group.

Terain perked up.

“Ooh! I still have my picnic basket!” She said, pulling a large picnic basket from her bag.

How it fit inside was anyone’s guess. It was also always filled with food, which was most inexplainable. It was almost as if she was living in an anime. Or perhaps, an online role-play.

No, she thought. That’s ridiculous.

“Welp, there goes Terain as usual, helpin’ out the party! Thanks a lot!” Daymon gave her a thumbs up before popping a squat back into the grass. He let out a soft yawn and stretched.

“Ghost trial’s gonna be interesting. I heard a lot about it back at home, and I live in Hoenn. I suppose you could say it’s kinda famous.” He shrugged and looked out at the rolling clouds above him.

SaiyanDakon

"Same here in Johto. I guess Ghost Type Trainers seem to be more connected than you realize." Glacier chuckled as he moved his hands behind his head then sat down, sighing.

Nova sat down and she held Espeon in her lap. "I agree...do you think Sinnoh could know about it? Same with Unova..." She questioned.

Terain blushed at his compliment, feeling happy with herself as she shoved the basket back in her bag. Then, hearing talk of the upcoming Ghost Trial, her eyes brightened up.

“Is it really that awesome? Other regions are talking about it? That’s so cool!” She marveled, Brionne sharing her excitement.

He shrugged. “Who knows, the people near Mt.Pyre were talking about it. I guess there might be a correlation there...” he chuckled to himself and leaned back. “Maybe it’s in your region’s ‘Ghost Areas,’ who knows?”

If any of the party members would look a bit up the hill, they’d definitely see Daymon’s Skarmory perched on a tree nearby. He seemed to be keeping watch for the group, as he’s done a lot.

“Still hard to believe I’m still a newbie to the group... and harder to believe that Akio had to peace out.” He made a long sigh.

"I have yet to make a full connection with the Kahunas and Trial Captains, but if my experience with past Gym Leaders is anything to go by connections go beyond any region." Duke smiled as he had spoken from experience while he sat next to his partner Charizard and smiled Terain's way.

"Ah thank you Terain, that is just what we need. It means a lot." Duke smiled to his friend as Rockruff & Fomantis moved by his lap and happily smiled at the group. Then the mention of Akio having to leave caused Duke to not in understanding.

"It is tough, but in the end one must go their own path. We should respect it." Duke said.

Terain sighed, thinking of her first kiss. She found him so cute, and geared up a bit when he left. But she knew she’d never forget him.

“Yeah, Akio was a joy.” she said, flopping onto the ground, much to Brionne’s surprise.

She stared off dreamily, yet sadly, as she thought of their moment back on the shiny Gyarados that had spawned out of the sea by a red whistle he somehow had. It was quite the believable moment, not unexplainable at all.

Aside from the realism, she couldn’t help but tear up.

“I’ll miss him.”

Last edited:
“Same... it didn’t sound like he intended to come back...” he lie down next to her, and stretched out onto the grass. “You really had a thing for him didn’t you? Well... I’m sure wherever he is he’s thinking about us.” He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair.

Skarmory popped a squat on the tree and roosted, beginning to gain stamina after its prolonged air circling.

Terain nodded.

“Yeah. But I guess it was short lived. I’m only, what, twelve now? If he doesn’t come back, maybe he’ll find someone else. Maybe I’ll find someone else.”

She then thought back to her previous statement, stopping for a minute.

“Oh, I’m twelve!” she said, quite stupidly. “We’ve been traveling together for about a year! Wow!”

Terain, excited by the news, grabbed Brionne and cuddled up with her.

“That’s exciting!”

Last edited:
He gave her a supportive grin. “That’s the spirit! And ow, I’ve only been around you guys for just over two weeks now, and you guys have been for over a year? I really am a newbie to the group!” He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

Skarmory opened one of its eyes. It saw someone nearby, walking along the perimeter. It made out the shape and closed the eye again. It was no threat, he knew this human.

Terain laughed, smiling at Daymon.

“Newbie or not, you’re still one of us! And that makes all the difference.” She said, giving him a playful shove.

Brionne agreed, popping a bubble beside him to show that she, too, cared about him and his Pokémon friends.

He felt his face go red for a second am down then shook it off, giving her a small shove back. “Well, I hope I don’t disappoint! We’ll do great, this small ol’ party of trainers-“

“Oi there.” Daymon was interrupted by a feminine voice. “Big bro, stop flirting with the girl and say hi to your sister!” When you’d look to the sound you’d see Daya stepping up to the group with a devilish grin.

“Hmph. Heya.” Daymon’s face went bright red. “C’mon, why would I even... ugh... sisters...” he rolled his eyes and shook off the blush again. Days smiled and looked at everyone. “Now, how is my favorite gang doing~?”

Terain stood and smiled at the familiar face.

“Hey, Daya! Long time, no see! How are you?” She asked.

Brionne hopped up to Daymon’s older sister, jumping around her in hopes she’d pick her up.

SaiyanDakon

"Daya?" Nova asked, looking surprised at this. Her Espeon also seemed to be in shock as well, as they never met her.

"Well, this would be a good time to introduce yourself." Glacier chuckled to his younger sister. He crossed his arms and he patted her head, standing up slowly, "Two years of being here....geez... Duke's been here longer than all of us...even though Terain was basically the start of this whole group of ours."

Daymon sighed and lie back down, closing his eyes. Data smirked at this and stepped forward, straightening her jacket. “Oi there! Name’s Daya, and I’m this guy’s younger sis. I was traveling with you guys for a good while but left for a hot second to take care of something.” She gave them all a small wave and pet Brionne on the head.

“How’s my favorite water seal~?” She lifted up the bouncing Pokemon and smiled, turning back to everyone. “I’ve been fine though, thanks.”

Brionne smiles at Daya, cuddling up to her. Terain cooed at this, thinking it was super cute. Although Brionne has imprinted on Terain, the girl always knew she’d love her friends a lot, too.

“That’s good! Anything exciting happen while you were away?” she asked.

“Hehe, cutie~” Daya giggled and hugged the Brionne closely. “Oh. I’ve been taking with mom and dad-“ “-right, they were visiting-“ “-yes, thanks for seeing them even if only for a day, but, we talked about back home. Lavaridge town found a new hot spring~” she giggled.

Daymon sat back up. “Hopefully I see them again before I become Champion! Hehehe-!” He chuckled deviously. “Hmph, the only champion here is your little sis.”

SaiyanDakon

"You say that now...but that doesn't mean the rest of us won't battle for it." Glacier responded and he shook his head, grinning at Daymon. He noticed Nova standing up and heading over to Daya.

"Hi, I'm Nova. This is Espeon." She said, introducing herself.