• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Daymon entered the room. A meassage appeared on a hologram. “If you are hearing this, that means me and Molayne are away. I am Sophocles, and I’ll be your guide. Now, to start the trial, you need to arrange the Charjabug to the electric current. Do that three times and then battle the totem that will appear due to the energy emitted.” It said, then turned off. “Hey Nova, come help me with this!”

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Nova nodded and went over to Daymon. "So its supposed to be an electrical circuit...we have nine squares in the middle and then we have 3 on each side between the reactors. We'll need to put Charjabug on two sides of this then one in the middle." Nova explained to him. Espeon nodded and looked over at the Charjabug.

SaiyanDakon

"Uh...let's see. Its not enough power so we'll need to switch the bottom Charjabug to get some more more." Nova said to Daymon. She rubbed her head and smiled a little. This is a little tiring, to be blunt. She thought. Espeon nudged her leg and smiled at her.

Daniel, meanwhile, went back to practicing for the grand festival. For now, he decided that he'd do some battle combinations, for when the appeal battle rounds came.

He decided to start with Honchkrow and Plusle, and work on his shooting star combination.

Daymon quickly arranged the Charjabug. “All set! We just need- oh. Only 2 sets.” He said, and saw the Totem-Activation-Call-Thingy light up and spark. Then, a sound of stomping came.
“Here it comes? Go, Marshtomp!” He said, sending out the Mudfish, who stood in a fighting stance, a water pulse slowly being charged in one hand.
(Guess Who's back from Hiatus!?!?)

SaiyanDakon

"Espeon...get ready." Nova said then looked around the room, searching for any signs of the Totem Pokemon. Espeon herself became a little worried. She hadn't faced an opponent that was classified as a Totem Pokemon but Nova seemed like she wanted to win, so the Psychic Type put her worries aside....for now.

Suddenly, from a pipe, and oversized glowing Togedemaru fell. “TOGE! TOGEDEMARU!!!” It squeaked, and shot a bolt of lightning straight at Espeon. Marstomp jumped in front and took the hit. “Good work! Let’s take down this oversized Pikachu clone!” Yelled Daymon. (4th wall joke)

SaiyanDakon

"Right! Espeon, start with Psychic!" Nova shouted. Espeon nodded and the gem on her head glowed brightly then it started trying to lift the giant Togedemaru. She appeared to have some difficulty doing so, though.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
When Christian walked into the room, he already saw a fight going on with the totem, which he predicted, a Togedemaru. He ran close to Nova and Daymon and said, “Hey guys! Mind if I join in on the fun?” His Oricorio flew off his head and flew near the Togedemaru. “Cory, Relevation Dance! Let’s see if we can weaken this metal ball of cuteness.” He signaled Cory. The Oricorio flew around Togedemaru and fired a beam that resembles Hidden Power. And because Christian changed Cory’s form to Baile before the trial, the Relevation Dance bacame a fire type move, chipping away a lot of HP from Togedemaru.

“The more the merrier, right Nova?” Daymon said, And Togedemaru was lifted into the air, and then fell when the Psychic was broken by the Revalation Dance. Then, the large mouse released a discharge, which Marshtomp tried to help lead the charge to him, but couldn’t make all the electricity only hit him.

DoggoKing22

Oricorio got hit with the discharge and fell down to the ground, almost about to faint. "Cory, you did well! Return." Christian reached for another Pokeball, containing his Feraligatr, Goji. He looked over to Daymon and Nova and said, "Daymon, Nova, return your Pokemon, I got an idea but I don't want to risk your Pokemon getting hurt." He released Feraligatr. "Goji, let's finish this with Earthquake!" Yelled Christian to Feraligatr while it was in mid-air. Feraligatr landed hard on the ground and caused the ground to shake violently.

Last edited:
Togedemaru Just leaped into the air and spun, making it so the quake had no effect. Marshtomp, who had jumped up as well but was descending, shot a Mud Bomb, which was sprayed back by the spin, slamming into Marshtomp.
“Marshtomp? Marshtomp, no!” Daymon Yelled. Marshtomp was trapped under loose dirt and mud. Then, a heat began emanating from the Mud and Dirt.
(I was kinda controlling the Togedemaru and I wanted Marshtomp to evolve.)

DoggoKing22

(Hey, that's perfectly fine.)
The Togedemaru jumped, so the Earthquake had no affect. It then began to roar loudly. A couple of seconds later, a Pokemon flew into the observatory, that Pokemon was a Skarmory. "Watch out guys, looks like this thing called for some help. I'll deal with the Skarmory, you guys deal with Togedemaru." Christian said while reaching for another Pokeball, containing his Crabrawler. He sent it out, saying, "Tyson, use Close Combat on the Skarmory," He then looked over to Feraligatr, "and Goji, try to chip away Togedemaru's health slowly by using Ice Fang!" Crabrawler started to throw a fury of punches on the Skarmory, almost fainting it. Feraligatr, on the other hand, started chomping on the Togedemaru with icy fangs. While biting it, Feraligatr was lucky to freeze Togedemaru. "Okay guys, Togedemaru is close to done for. You guys can be able to finish it off for now." Christian signaled Daymon and Nova.

SaiyanDakon

"Thanks for that. Now Espeon, use your Shadow Ball Attack." Nova commanded while pointing at the Totem Togedemaru. Espeon nodded at her trainer then charged up a blob of shadows in front of her mouth. She then fired it at the Togedemaru, hoping it would make contact but since the Totem was frozen, it was bound to be hit.

DoggoKing22

"You're welcome, Nova." Christian said over to Nova. He then signaled Crabrawler, saying, "Alright, Tyson, finish the Skarmory with Ice Punch!" Crabrawler turned its claw into a freezing ice fist, and punched the Skarmory, making it faint. "Alright, Tyson! Go ahead and take a rest. You deserve it." Christian said, while sending Crabrawler back into its Pokeball. He looked over to Daymon and Nova, saying, "The Skarmory is down. You guys can faint the Togedemaru without getting into some trouble."

SaiyanDakon

"Now! Another Shadow Ball!" Nova commanded as her partner Pokemon did said attack. Nova sighed and drummed her heel against her leg. What would Glacier do and how many Totems has he faced? Maybe the same amount as Teiran and Akio. She thought glumly, At least the Electrium Z will be my first Z-Crystal.

Togedemaru was knocked back. Then released a thunderbolt at Espeon, meanwhile Daymon was trying to clear the wreckage from off Marshtomp, when Marshtomp lept out, shrouded in blue light. He jumped and took the bolt for Espeon.
"Marshtomp!? What's going on!?" Daymon asked. Marshtomp began to grow in size, and his features became more detailed. The light broke away. Marshtomp had become a Swampert.
"What the- that's awesome! Use Mud Bomb!" He yelled. Swampert shot a huge ball of mud straight at Togedemaru, doing major damage.
"Nova! Let's finish this with a combo attack! You can join too, unknown stranger!"

Once he was done practicing, Daniel returned his pokemon, and instead decided to make lunch for the others, for when they got out. He decided to keep it simple, and make cream stew. It was his favourite meal, and it was quick and easy to eat.

"How do you think they're getting along in there?" Kemen asked him, as Lopunny passed him the salt.

"We'll find out soon enough," Daniel assured him, kissing him on the cheek."

DoggoKing22

Christian looked over at Daymon, "Alright, this is going to be fun." He looked over to Feraligatr, "Okay, Goji, use Waterfall!" Feraligatr began being surrounded in water and started to charge at the weakened totem Pokemon, hitting it, and almost fainting it. He looked over at Nova and said, "Nova, it's your turn!"

SaiyanDakon

"Espeon! Swift!" Nova shouted. Espeon jumped into the air the fired a series of stars at the Totem Togedemaru.

Glacier watched Daniel and Kemen. "Count on Daymon and Nova to get the Z-Crystal quickly. They'll get the job done quickly." He told to them. He sent out Zoroark and stroked her furry head, smiling at her. Nova...are you okay in there? He thought.

“Now Swampert! Use Hanmer Arm!” Daymon Yelled, And the three Attacks collided with the Totem, leaving it destroyed. It hit back up, dropped 3 electrium Z’s, and hopped off into the vents.
“We did it!” Daymon Yelled, Swampert cheering as well. “You evolved! That’s amazing!” Daymon said, grinning.

SaiyanDakon

Espeon went over to Swampert and congratulated him. "Eon." (Wow....amazing.) Nova looked over at the Electrium Z Crystals and went over to them then picked one up. She held it up and grinned. "We did it, Espeon. Our first Z-Crystal! Our first trial completed!" Nova celebrated. Espeon turned to Nova and nudged her leg.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier sighed and shrugged slightly. "Uh.....they may be admiring their Z-Crystal. The only other ones they have is the Ghostium Z and the Grand Trial with the Kahuna." He told them, "If they come out, they won....but I should get the young one back."

"T'would be better if you could return with all three, but one's better than none of the, coming out at all," Daniel sighed, "It's fine to be proud of victories, but not when it's to the detriment of other people..."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier shrugged. "I guess so..." He muttered then he started walking towards the observatory. Zoroark was walking next to him and tilted her head, grabbing her hair. Soon....we'll be at the Pokemon League soon. He thought then had Dartrix come out of the Pokeball.

Daymon picked up his Z-Crystal and yelled; “AWWWWWW YEAH!!!!” And ran outside, holding it to the sun. “Who’s da best?” He asked, and Swampert barged outside along with him, shooting water pulses into the air. T’was the weirdest crap you may ever set eyes apon.

DoggoKing22

Christian walked over to the Z-Crystals and picked one up. Excitedly, he said, "Yes, my 5th Z-Crystal!" He gave a fist bump to Feraligatr and Crabrawler. He ran outside and followed Daymon, "Hey, you're gonna be heading to the next trial right? Mind if I join you?" Christian said.

SaiyanDakon

Nova was running after them and saw Glacier. She waved and went up to him, showing her brother the Electrium Z Crystal. "Guess what? We actually took down Togedemaru. It was kinda hard but we managed to pull through. Right, Espeon?" She asked. The Psychic type nodded and nudged Nova's leg.

Glacier nodded and smiled. "Proud of you, little sis." He said then placed his hand on top of her head, "Just keep training....and get a Z-Ring." Dartrix landed on his shoulder and tilted his head at Nova.

"Right on time, too!" Daniel commented, "Congrats to you both. Must've been a really tough trial, cuz you were in there for ages!"

"I'll say," Kemen added, "Well, nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it?"

Daniel peered over at the newcomer, folding his arms. "Who's that?"

"Indeed, nothing ventured nothing gained."

Duke arrived with the group on the back of his Shiny Charizard, as he quickly got up just in time to hear the accomplishments of his friends when it regarded their trial runs which only caused Duke to grin.

"Sorry for being late, had to deal with some Team Skull activity." Duke said in quick apology.

"Not to worry," Kemen assured him, "You're right on time, in fact. The others just finished their trials, and Daniel and I just made lunch. I think now'd be a perfect time for you to come join us again, that is, if you're free now."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier was coming back with Nova and he was laughing. "Hold on...Togedemaru was so small. Seeing it in Totem Forme must've been hilarious to see." He said, "Unless it had fur. Then it would be a large fuzzball."

Nova nodded in agreement and held her Z-Crystal up into the sky.

"I would love that more than anything, thank you." Duke said with a smile as the idea of lunch sounded really appealing as he moved by Kemen and Daniel along with his shiny Charizard ready for whatever sure to be delicious meal was on the plate.

Daniel got to work on dishing up the cream stew, before Kemen passed the bowls around. He added a slice of toasted ciabatta to each one.

"Daniel's been working on his grand festival performance, too," he added, "And some combinations, for the battle rounds. His shooting star combination is looking great!"

GiantNidoking

Previously DenzuruTheLegendaryHunter
He'd walk around the entire region looking to see something interesting and nidoran clearly ate a berry as he sharpened his needle. "Nidoran, your gonna have to go on a diet if you continue like this." Nidoran clearly didn't listen because the more he was told to stop the more he ate. "Fine nidoran," He continued, "I'm going to have to train you mentally and physically." When he said this nidoran immediately regretted eating.

He'd soon enough grab nidoran and throw him into a tree. "If your needle stabs that tree you wont need to train." As soon as he said that nidoran got into a missile shape and got his head stuck in a tree. "Nidooo…….." Well at least he did it.

Last edited:
Daymon downed the stew and chomped down the Ciabatta within 2 minutes. Delicious! Anyone know where I can buy this bread? Never seen this in Hoenn!” He said, Swampert in the background picking up rocks and throwing them off the mountain.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier sat down and crossed his arms. "Well, we've got the Electrium Z trial down for those 3. Are there any performances coming up soon?" He asked, "Nova's also got to get her Z-Ring from the Kahuna in order to use Z-Moves...."

Nova looked over at them as she was still admiring her Electrium Z. Espeon looked up too.