• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody watched and given she lacked context had no clue what this battle had been about. One thing was certain it seemed that the Rockruff had spirit even if this fight seemed to be set for the one sided flavor as the larger Lycanroc charged with a flame fist in hand. Her Litten seemed especially drawn to the match and decided to get a closer look as it leaped off Melody's shoulder and advanced to the sidelines to observe which caused Melody to panic. "W-wait Litten come back!"

Melody quickly chased her partner and picked it up as she looked on now out in the open for the party of trainers though they avoided being in the way of the battle.

Teiran saw the new person with a Litten and waved to the girl, calling her over to sit with her. Brionne saw the Litten and her eyes lit up. She always loved Litten’s, and was always drawn to them for some reason.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody was not blind to the signal from the other girl and while she may have been a touch shy about joining up with a new group she still had this tinge of excitement as she moved to meet her with her Litten in toe. "H-hello there, my name is Melody. Are you guys traveling together?" Melody asked the girl while the Litten walked up to the Brionne and sniffed the water type curiously.

Rockruff growled as it saw the Lycanroc practically no sell the Rock Blast but it remained as aggressive as ever, as it aimed to jump with the goal it seemed to close the distance as it worked to try and bite on the wrist of the Midnight Lycanroc before the flame fist could connect with it.

Duke looked on, his main focus on the battle though the newcomer's arrival had not gone unnoticed.

“Yeah, we’re traveling. Nice to meet you, name’s Terain.” the latter said, he’ll ding out a hand.

Brionne didn’t care about the Litten getting used to her, she just hugged him tightly with he flippers, probably scaring the Pokémon.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Oh hello there, name is Melody it is a pleasure." Melody said, smiling as she accepted Terain's hand and worked to shake it as she tried to be friendly. Litten however had not been as warm to greet as suddenly the fire type felt pulled into an uninvited hug as she struggled and tried to push her way out of Brionne's embrace. "Litten!" The cat cried out as Melody glanced over and sheepishly sighed. "E-easy uh Litten isn't the most...social, of Pokemon."

“Oh, Brionne!” Terain said, noticing the tight hold her Pokémon had on the Litten.

She slowly but surely pried Brionne off of the fire type, much to the Pokémon’s displeasure.

“You can’t just hug someone against their will.” She sighed to her Pokémon with a small chuckle.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
As Brionne was pulled off of Litten, Melody walked over to make her her partner Pokemon was safe. Though as she did she had quickly caught Litten as the fire type tried to charge a light tackle on Brionne clearly fired up from the unwelcomed snuggle as Melody sighed. "It was just being friendly, relax. Sorry Litten can be a bit temperamental." Melody said as she apologized for the attempted tackle to Terain and her Brionne.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier glanced over to Melody and back over to the battle. He shook his head quietly as he sat down again, crossing his arms.

Lycanroc growled and watched Rockruff bite down on his wrist, giving out a small cry of pain before grinning at him. There was another fist free and the evolved Pokemon used that one to have Fire Punch hit Rockruff.

(DAYNGIT I LOST NOTIFICATIONS- *Cries*)

Daymon watched the ensuing battle with intrigue, feeling his fingers through his hair before standing up and stretching. He looked over at Melody with a smile, seeing her Litten's interactions with Teiran's Brionne, and looked to Marshtomp, who was clearly daydreaming. He rolled his eyes and smiled as he looked at Skarmory, circling above as always. "I've always wondered about him, he's super protective..." He muttered to nobody in particular.

Daya, who actually liked to talk to people more than Daniel, walked up to Melody and Teiran. "Well, nice to see a lady who isn't one of my sisters, my mom, Nova, or Teiran for once in a while. Whassup matey, I'm Daya, sister to that antisocial clod-" "I can hear you." "-whose name is Daymon. Howyadoin'?" She asked eccentrically. Daymon gave an annoyed glance and sighed.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Litten naturally hissed, as it tried to be threatening to the Brionne though it happened to come off as more adorable as it swung its paw out to try and bat at Brionne's flipper which caused Melody to sigh. Though as the situation began to settle another girl came over to them and kindly introduced herself and her less than social sibling which caused Melody to give a light smile back to her.

"Oh I am doing well enough. Litten being a bit uh...suspicious, around strangers aside. My name is Melody it is nice to meet you and your brother." Melody said, already having had a chance to pick up on Daya's positive energy and even having found amusement in the sibling snark as she liked the pair out of the gate.

“Oh, be nice to Daymon.” Teiran said with a chuckle. “He’s fun!”

Teiran held Brionne in a tight embrace, loving her friend and hoping to calm her happiness with the Litten. It did distract the Brionne, and she snuggled a bit more into Teiran, but other than such, she was still quite interested in the Litten.

Duke remained standing, as he watched the battle with his arms folded over his chest. Conflict had been clear as the usually passionate if not a bit eccentric trainer had been stone cold serious while he watched the clash.

Fomantis winced as a cry of pain sounded in the air while Rockruff had been nailed right in the gut by the Fire Punch and had been sent flying once more as it crashed and tumbled along the ground. In spite of this, Rockruff growled and weakly made it to its feet as it barked out practically asking for more as Duke had thought over what to do now.

Teiran flinched when she heard Rockruff let out a pained whimper. She immediately stood, looking to see if he was okay. She wanted to go into the battle to ensure he was okay, and she didn’t want the battle to continue any longer. She readied a potion and a revive, just in case Rockruff pushed himself too far.

Name: Daegon
Personality: Half Serious Half Goofy
Looks: Daegon has long black hair with green vest with a black shirt and blue jeans and black shoes
Goals: Become Champion
Pokemon (So far): Egg (Aron)
backstory: Daegon comes from Rustboro City and traveled to Alola to become the Champion. He found a egg while exploring a cave.

Daegon stepped out the boat which took him to Hau'oli City. Daegon carried his egg in his arms and took a breath of Alola air. He took his egg to the Pokemon Center to rest off the Sea Sickness. Daegon's Adventure in the Alola region has begun.

Daymon was also concerned for the Rockruff, turning away from his very annoying sister and looking to the battle with an air of concern as he stood next to Teiran to watch. “This isn’t looking too good.” He muttered softly under his breath.

“Dang, that Litten’s kinda a jerk...” she said, trying to make it sound more sarcastic and joking than serous, but there was at least some truth to that statement. She also turned her head to the battle. “My Blaziken would mood the floor against either of you.”

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc snarled quietly. It may have looked like he was upset but to Rockruff, he was pleased. "Lycanroc. Roc." ("Standing up from a blow that hurts you so much. Impressive.") There it was. Even if it was slight, there was respect towards Rockruff as the evolved Pokemon nodded slowly then flexed his large hands, ready to face off against the smaller Pokemon.

"Rockruff is enduring through this...but..I'm worried." Glacier spoke quietly as he turned to Duke. Something just now came to mind as he watched this battle ring out. "Lycanroc is still holding back but I don't think he'll get angered...." He muttered.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody lacked any context for what this fight meant or what the stakes had been, but she knew enough a Pokemon in pain when she saw one as that last blow the little Rockruff took in made her wince a bit. Though before she had a chance to speak up she referenced the comment made in jest to her Litten as she rubbed her head and offered a sheepish smile. "I-I assure you she is quite nice when you get to know her, she just is a bit uh grumpy around strangers."

Litten seemed to scoff at this as it along with Melody continued to watch the battle with a greater focus if not concern than she had before hand.

As the other trainers and certain Pokemon began to express concern, Duke began to think maybe this had gone far enough. But before he had a chance to commit to anything Rockruff barked off the others and in particular Fomantis who attempted to run to the field to stop this battle as she had gotten concerned over Rocktuff's safety.

"Ruff! Rock ruff!" (Stay away! This is my fight I am gonna finish it!)

"Mantis!" (But you are gonna get hurt!)

"Ruff!" (I have to do this!)

Fomantis flinched as Rockruff growled at the Lycanroc but in spite of the pain seemed driven to continue. And Duke, perhaps in a desire to see his partner's wishes through...decided to let him battle. His Charizard looked on as Rocktuff charged aiming for a tackle to the chest of the Lycanroc.

Teiran continued to watch what was going on, readying herself to jump in at any moment. If Rockruff had gotten gravely injured, she couldn’t live with herself. Her grip on the medical items tightened, and she waited for Rockruff to deliver a tackle to the Lycanroc.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc snarled and took the blow, stepping back once as he stared at Rockruff. He had strength and loads of potential. "Lycanroc. Roc." ("You'll tire yourself out before you attack next. Stop it and we'll continue soon.") He snarled softly before he stomped on the ground, waiting for the small Pokemon to fall on the ground. The attack he drew himself had caused a lot of damage to Rockruff but he didn't want him to completely end it there. As much as he wanted to fight still, he also wanted to Rockruff to learn to yield, but it seemed that Rockruff was going to see this through the end. Lycanroc snarled before he began to use Fire Punch on him again.

"Roc....ruff!" (Shut up...this isn't over till it's over!) Rockruff spat back in defiance as he charged ahead, he worked once more to leap to the side as it tried to avoid the Fire Punch and if it had been successful he'd try to slam with a tackle on the leg of the larger Lycanroc as it seemed to refuse to give up.

Duke watched, as he continued to second guess his decision but still he wanted to give Rocktuff what it wanted even as Fomantis pulled at its leg as she tried to plead with the trainer to stop this.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc growled and he glared towards Rockruff, seeing the Fire Punch miss before he felt a tackle. He shook his head then he stared at the Rockruff. "Lycanroc....." ("Just end it....") He spoke before he stepped back and used Stone Edge towards him.

"Ruff!" (Never!)

But that would be the end of it, in spite of his heart it was academic as he charged but was shot high in the air as the Stone Edge slammed into it and sent the puppy Pokemon flying as Rockruff crashed to the ground below.

"Fo!" (Rockruff!) Fomantis cried out as she went to offer aid to the rock type, but somehow the smaller pup worked its weak legs up as it tried to stand; daggers having been glared right at the more evolved counterpart.

Fomantis naturally pleaded with it to give in, but the Rockruff continued to step forward; shaky at best, though while its heart was strong its body reached its limit as it collapsed mid step and soon spirals were seen on its eyes. The Rockruff had been knocked out.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc stepped towards the Rockruff, seeing that the battle was finally over but he knelt down towards his pre-evolved form. A small grunt came out as he was resting his large paw on the side of Rockruff. "Lycanroc..." ("You fight well...")

Glacier breathed a small sigh of relief. He was more than glad that battle was over then he rubbed his arm. "Sorry about that, Duke. Guess Lycanroc really wanted to show Rockruff what he needs to get to?" He suggested.

Teiran immediately yelped in worry, rushing out to the collapsed Rockruff. She already had a revive and potion on her, hoping to help the Pokémon. In an effort to bring him back from unconscious, she touched the revive stone to the Rockruff’s forehead.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody and her Litten winced a bit as the big blow seemed to knock the Rockruff out cold and quickly Terain rushed over to offer it aid, which Melody was a bit touched by this display, as the Litten hoped off and moved over by the Rockruff as Melody kept a cautious distance to let Terain do her thing but advanced close to inspect the beaten rock type.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben was riding by on his Mudsdale, with his Lucario running along the trees, thinking about his next course of action, until a crash interrupted his thoughts.
"What the-? Mudsdale, Lucario, let's check it out." the Draft horse nodded calmly and changed direction.
When he neared the location of the crash, Ben saw a group of people and pokemon alike, with the land in front of them torn up. A battle, presumably, and a girl putting a revive on a rockruff only proved that assumption further. Ben decide he may as well greet these people.
He and his Mudsdale walked up. Lucario kept a distance, but also his sights on the people in front of Ben, ready to attack if anyone was hostile.
"Hi! My name is Ben. I'm assuming all of you are travelling too?" Ben spoke amiably.

Last edited:
The revive stone worked its magic, as soon enough the small Rockruff began to stir as it was revived from the recent knockout. But while physically he had improved somewhat, his frown and downcast expression showed that the battle had hurt him in other ways. A wounded pride as Duke looked on with a sigh and touch of regret.

"I should have called it off sooner, but I...I saw it wanted to prove something and wanted to respect its wishes." Duke said, as he had felt responsible for this while Fomantis tried to care for the Rockruff.

Duke turned to the new arrival. "Oh uh hello there. Sorry we uh had a bit of a scene moments ago." Duke apologized sheepishly

Daymon looked concerned for the Rockruff, but I mean there wasn't much else he could really do, with Terain already having revive the wounded Dog Pokemon, but seeing it he frowned, knowing that a Pokemon loosing an important battle can really hurt their pride, it'd happened a few times to his Lairon back in the day.

He turned his attention to the newcomer, Ben, on his Mudsdale. His own Mudsdale trotted over to Ben's and clopped is large hooves at him. Daymon stepped forward. "Yup! I'm Daymon, and this is the rest of my traveling party..! Oh, and this Mudsdale is mine, by the way!" He said with a grin. Skarmory observed from the air, and was convinced the newcomer wasn't a threat, so continued to circle.

Daya decided not to greet this newbie, but decided to wait for him to greet her. She was beached out of introducing herself, she'd already done it like, three times today. She instead tossed out her Blaziken, and began to train it more so it could unlock a new move- Blaze Kick.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody wanted to help the Rockruff, and her Litten especially seemed concerned...or least interested, given the usual blank face made it hard to read but the softened eyes were clue it felt for the Rock Type. Though given that Terain went to aid it with potions and its trainer was there she had felt it was best to stay and watch for the moment and not interfere. Besides, her attention shifted to a new arrival who came in on a Mudsdale, with a Lucario in toe as he asked about the group.

"W-well uh they are, I am new to this scene really. Though I would like to join them if they allow me." Melody admitted before she focused on introducing herself as her Litten eyed the new arrivals curiously. "My name is Melody, this is my partner Litten. Nice to meet you."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben jumped off his mudsdale. These people look interesting.
He spoke with a grin. "That's my Mudsdale and Mr.Bodyguard over there is my Lucario. And we got others too. Nice to meet you all too." he pointed at each pokemon as he spoke, and pointed at his belt when referring to the "others".
Lucario finally got closer to the group, although he kept near Ben, looking defensive. Mudsdale simply looked at the other Mudsdale without interest. He clopped his hooves as well, just to be polite, but simply returned to his trainer's side, looking bored.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Glacier looked to the new person and was surprised. Perhaps their group would become a bit larger just like how it began. He was sure that whoever this person was would be friendly and judging by the way he was with his Pokemon, it was a definite yes. Lycanroc, however, paid no mind to the new trainer as his focus was on Rockruff. The Little Rock Type had managed some damage on him, but he didn't want to admit.

"Lycan...roc. Lycanroc." ("Your potential will only continue to grow....train harder. You have my utmost respect for you.") He spoke to the Rock Type, also ignoring Fomantis and Duke if they were to stop him.

Rockruff glanced up at the Midnight Lycnaroc, and scoffed at its words. In truth deep down it knew it just tried to encourage him and give him some honestly great advice, but the props were hard to appreciate in the moment as its pride was wounded and it would not heal so quickly.

As Fomantis tried to comfort it, Rockruff got up and walked over to Duke. It poked it Pokeball with its nose and returned itself, perhaps ashamed after being crushed in spite of the valiant effort Lycanroc tried to get it to see it put in. Duke could not help but frown at this, but he figured Rockruff needed time to cool off before he'd have a chat with him over this. For now the new trainers needed the focus.

"Greetings, my name is Duke and this is my partner Charizard. A pleasure!" Duke said, and his shiny Charizard moved next to him as the pair began their greeting pose which was some over dramatic gestures straight out of Power Rangers as they welcomed the new arrivals...in their own way.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc began to walk over to Glacier and went back to his mostly upset attitude as the trainer recalled the Rock Type. "Guess that's that then...." He muttered to the Ultra Ball in his hands. He sighed quietly then turned to Duke, who was doing his natural pose because of him being a Pokemon Protector. Glacier chuckled underneath his breath and wondered if he could possibly join in with them if the Pokemon League didn't work out so well.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben was taken aback by the people who came to greet him. There was a lot more than he expected. First the girl with a litten-Melody-, who had apparently just joined, then the other girl-Terain- who seemed pretty outgoing, and then a guy-Duke- who had posed like a hero of sorts, along with his Charizard.
Ben shook Terian's hand, then faced Melody. " Nice to meet you all. If y'all accepting tagalongs, what say I come along too? I hope I'm not bothering y'all by barging in like this, it's just having the only living beings you can talk to being pokemon takes a toll on your sanity."
Lucario gave a quiet, insulted snort, which Ben pretended to miss.

“Of course you can come with us! The more the merrier!” Teiran said enthusiastically.

Brionne bounces up to the new trainer and have him a smile, showing that she had liked him already. Teiran was always looking for new friends.

"Yeah, believe me we would never complain about another member to the party. Welcome to the group. And that goes for you to." Duke said to both Ben and Melody as his Charizard seemed to nod in approval as like with Brionne it seemed to take a liking to them.

This journey just got a whole lot more interesting.

"So what do you two desire on this journey?" Duke asked the pair curious what their goals had been here in Alola.