• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Salamence landed on the ground next to a small patch of grass. Glacier hopped off of Salamence's back. "I hope I don't have to take the trial again. Even with the current Pokemon I have with me, Vikavolt was tough but if its a Togedemaru, then...." He stopped talking as he patted Salamence on the side of his neck and recalled him back in the Great Ball.

Nova arrived a little after Glacier and had Unfezant land next to him. He jumped back a bit and scowled slightly. Nova laughed softly and got off Unfezant then recalled him. She then grabbed another Pokeball and looked around. "Let me heal up my Pokemon right quick. It wouldn't be right to head into battle with injured Pokemon." She said then rushed into the Pokemon Centre.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
After a long walk up the mountain to the Houkani Observatory, Christian and Ambipom took a quick rest near the building before they start their next trail. He let all of his Pokémon out of their Pokéballs and thought of a plan before they went inside. “Ok,” Christian said to his four Pokémon, “I’ve heard that this trial is a trial that specializes in electric type Pokémon, so we have to make sure none of you will get paralyzed during the fight.”

Christian looked through his Pokédex and looked for electric types. There were two Pokémon that he saw that might be the totem: Vikavolt and Togedemaru. “I think I found out who the totem is. It’s either Vikavolt, or Togedemaru. So whenever you’re all ready, we can head inside.” After the break, Christian returned his Pokémon besides Ambipom back into their Pokéballs and started walking to the Observatory.

Last edited:
"And we won't be taking part," Daniel responded, "Kemen and I, that is. If it's ok with you guys, I'm gonna wait outside the trial site, so I can practice my Grand Festival appeal. If I'm gonna be up against the best in the region, then I have to be the best, if I want a tenth of a chance of winning."

DoggoKing22

While Christian and Ambipom were walking to the Observatory, he had an idea. “Handy,” Christian said, “I just realized something.” Ambipom looked at him while Christian sent out his Oricorio. He looked through his bag and took out a jar of red nectar and gave it to Oricorio.

“Hey, Cory. Go ahead and drink this. Your Relevation Dance will turn into a fire type move, but the only consequence is that you’ll still be weak to electric type moves. Now if I’m right, Vikavolt and Togedemaru are both weak to fire, so this will be a good idea.”
Christian said to Oricorio. Oricorio took a drink out of the jar and started to glow brightly. Her feathers changed colors from yellow to red, along with her type and looks.

The bright glow dimmed, and Oricorio became her “Baile” form. Oricorio flew onto Christian’s head, and all three of them started walking again.

SaiyanDakon

(Is ChristianTheDoggoKing accepted?)

Glacier nodded to Kemen and Daniel. "I understand. But I guess I won't be in this trial as well, having already completed it." He said and smiled slightly, "Best of luck to you Terian, you as well Daymon and Akio."

Nova hurriedly came out of the Pokemon Centre with a bright smile. "I guess I should try out a trial battle to see how it feels." She said.

(Yup, he's been on the discussion thread)

"If you wanted, you could join us," Daniel suggested, "As long as you keep my super-secret final trick under wraps, that is!"

"Besides," Kemen added, "You could use the time to practice for the league. Combination moves can be as deadly as they are beautiful."

Duke decided to from above and behind Teiran, just in the event she decided to change his mind and in truth a more casual gliding had been his preference in something like this.

As evident by his shiny Charizard's content grin, it seemed to agree with Duke's decision.

“I’ll take it on!” Daymon said as he descended from the air. “I need to get that Electrium Z. After all, the Pokémon League is in 3 months, haven’t you heard?” He asked. He brought back Skarmory once he reached the ground.

SaiyanDakon

"Yes...I could join you and I will keep it a secret. I agree on the combination moves...it'll spice things up in the battles yet to come." Glacier agreed, nodding a bit before grabbing Zoroark's and Garchomp's Pokeball.

SaiyanDakon

"Thanks, Daniel! I'll try my best!" Nova waved at him and had Espeon come out of her Pokeball. The Psychic type flicked her twin tail and looked around. "Get ready, Espeon. We're about to take on our first trial...hopefully we can get our Z-Ring too." She said excitedly.

Daniel chose a clearing near the observatory, just safely enough away that he wouldn't damage anything if things went completely pear-shaped. He took some new seals from his case, and applied them to his pokeballs, before Kemen came over.

"Alright, let's begin with combination one," Daniel began, "I know I definitely want to use Honchkrow, but the question is, who else do I use? If I used Plusle, I could do my shooting star combo, and if I used Lopunny, I could do fatal attraction...Hm..."

SaiyanDakon

"How about Serperior? Have you suggested about your Unova Grass Type?" Glacier asked then switched Zoroark's Pokeball with Salamence's Great Ball. My dragons need to train a lot...against themselves...and fairy and ice types. They need to become able to keep standing even if they take a massive hit. He thought. Glacier then sent out Garchomp and Salamence.

Teiran, upon growing tired the higher she climbed, flopped to the floor, dust evading her path. Brionne flopped to the ground before making contact with it to her face, nudging her fatigued partner.

"I usually only use Honchkrow and Serperior together in battle," he answered, "I don't know if I have any particularly show-stopping combinations I can open with, for them. Although, Serperior's petal dance could come in useful for the final trick...Hm..."

"His vine whip'll help stabilise you, when Honchkrow gets behind you," Kemen added.

Daniel took a new seal from his bag, applying it to the grass snake's pokeball. "Let's try them out. Honchkrow, Serperior, you're the stars!"

Daniel threw out the pokeballs, and a large spider lily appeared above him, blooming, before the two pokemon came out.

"Honchkrow, begin with payback. Serperior, use vine whip!"

Honchkrow shot out a shower of popping purple sparks. Serperior sent out several, fan-like vines, hitting the sparks with razor-sharp accuracy, making them explode into smaller shimmers.

"That was...Ok, I suppose," Daniel commented, "Though I wonder if it's too similar to fatal attraction..."

Duke and Charizard landed next to Teiran, as the Pokemon Protector got off its back and moved by Teiran to make sure she was okay.

"Seems you pushed yourself quite a bit." Duke said with a light chuckle, though of course he had Teiran's health as a top priority as he offered a water bottle to the girl and a hand up if she needed them.

SaiyanDakon

"Do you think an Extrasensory would make this a different outcome?" Glacier asked, "Maybe it could combine with the Vine Whip or Payback...unless Serperior uses a different move." He had watched the combination between Payback and Vine Whip. He sent out his two dragon Pokemon. "Least...they both can use different attacks that might make an explosion but it might be cool." Glacier muttered.

“Wish me luck!” He said, waving to the contest trainers as he walked into the observatory. He then ran to the nearest PC and opened it up. He entered his passcode and looked inside. One Pokémon, ripe for the sending. He clicked on it. It was time to bring him back.

"Good luck," Daniel echoed, followed by "Buena suerte," from Kemen.

The coordinator quickly got back to his appeal, trying to devise some new moves, for his unusual duo.

"Honchkrow can't learn extrasensory, though," he said solemnly, "And I need something more...Explosive, than a standard sparkle trick. Everyone does those, and I can't bank everything on my last move..."

SaiyanDakon

"I mean use Zoroark's Extrasensory....but....if its possible, why not Garchomp's Draco Meteor and combining it with Serperior's Vine Whip or another move to break them. Let's see what happens then." Glacier suggested and grinned at Garchomp, the dragon Pokemon stomping on the ground in anticipation. Salamence sidestepped away from Garchomp a bit.

DoggoKing22

Christian reached for the door and opened it. Inside the observatory lobby, was a ton of stuff related to science, some objects Christian never knew about. There were also some PCs that Christian could use incase if the trial didn't turn out well. He, Ambipom, and Oricorio were looking around to see if they could find the trial doors, until Christian saw a kid, by the name of Daymon, accessing one of the PCs. Christian, Ambipom, and Oricorio walked over and asked him, "Hi. Do you, by any chance, know where the trial is? Because I can't find it."

SaiyanDakon

Nova was in the observatory with Espeon and she looked around the main entrance area where there a few pamphlets about this place. "Woah....this is so amazing." She said then noticed someone asking about the trial site. She walked over to Christian and smiled. "The trial site is the observatory. I'm Nova, by the way. The one who is using the PC is Daymon." She explained.

DoggoKing22

Christian turned around and saw a kid named Nova talking to him. He waited until ova stopped talking so he can reply. "Wait. So, this observatory is the trial site? Got it. I was thinking this place was the site by all of the directions that led me up here, and I guess I was right." He said. Christian soon realized that he didn't introduce himself yet, "Oh...my bad. I completely forgot about my introduction to you. I'm Christian. It's nice to meet you." He then pointed over to Ambipom, and then poked his Oricorio that was sitting on his head, saying, "That's my buddy, Ambipom, but I call him Handy, and this little guy up here is my Oricorio, Cory." He then looked over to Daymon, "It's very nice to meet you too, Daymon." Christian looked around some more and saw some doors that lead to the trial. While walking away, Christian walked away to the doors, saying "I guess I'll be on my way to the trial now. Thanks for the directions, Nova. And I guess I will be seeing you guys soon probably. Wish me luck!"

"What? But how will that work for my contest? I'm trying to come up with a flashy opening for my appeal," he answered, "Like I said, I know what my last move will be, it's just a case of trying to put the rest of the show together..."

Kemen put his hand on his shoulder. "Trying things out with Glacier's pokemon might give you some ideas, though," he added, "His pokemon have movesets different than your own, after all. Maybe thinking outside the box is the way to go."

Daniel put a contemplative hand to his chin. The idea behind his grand festival showcase was that he was a murkrow, about to evolve into a glorious honchkrow, and take his first flight. The pokemon were generally nocturnal, and convened in the depths of the night...

"Actually, let's try your Salamence with my Serperior's sunny day," Daniel suggested, "I want to create...A meteor shower! Yes, a meteor shower, to kick start my evolution into a Honchkrow!"

SaiyanDakon

"Uh....Salamence doesn't have Draco Meteor, actually..." Glacier admitted, scratching the back of his head, "Only Garchomp." He grinned softly and looked over at Salamence, rethinking his moves. Salamence looked over at Serperior and tilted his head. "Hmmm...maybe...a Meteor Shower....Yeah...maybe Garchomp but Salamence is a no-go. Sorry, Daniel." He apologized.

"Then let's try it with Garchomp!" he said proudly, "Ha...Sorry, must've gotten your pokemon's movesets mixed up...I know nothing about dragon types..."

Serperior got in position, eager to test it out.

"Let's give this a go, then!"

Duke simply smiled as Teiran took a drink and ensured that she was okay, though he would keep close to her in any event till she was good to go. Just to make sure his friend would not be alone; as he felt tremendous guilt over leaving her in the auditorium earlier and vowed to never have a friend get left behind for any reason.

SaiyanDakon

"All right...ready, Garchomp?" Glacier asked his Pokemon. Garchomp grinned and stamped his tail on the ground. "Does Garchomp move first or Serperior?" Glacier asked.

Nova wandered around the observatory a bit while trying to find the trial site with Espeon. "Where do you see those totems that basically point out where the trial is?" She asked Espeon. The Psychic Type shook her head.

"I'll need to begin with Serperior. Gotta set the scene first," Daniel answered, "Serperior's sunny day should create a soft dusk, if I keep it low, and shine it at the right angle. It'll be the perfect backdrop for a meteor shower."

He ordered the grass snake forward. "Serperior, use a very weak sunny day," he ordered, "Keep it low, and let it sink."

The grass snake obeyed, forming a small orb of sunlight, with a glow just soft enough to cast an orange glow on the ground.

SaiyanDakon

"Very nice...and now its our turn. Okay, Garchomp: Use Draco Meteor!" Glacier commanded. Garchomp moved his head up to the sky and opened his mouth wide open, an orange-yellowish glow coming from it. "Now." Glacier nodded. Garchomp then fired the Draco Meteor into the sky, watching it rise, stop, and spread into multiple smaller meteors that shot down to the ground.

Teiran hopped on the back of Duke's Charizard, yawning a bit as she reached her arms out to Brionne so she could jump onto her lap. When she did, Teiran simply cuddled her up.

"Looks pretty good....But it needs a little more..." Daniel's eyes lit up, as the idea came to him, "Yes...I think I've got it!"

He sent Honchkrow forward. "Honchkrow, use sky attack! Serperior, use that sunny day again, and magical leaf!"

Duke smiled as he glanced back at Teiran, as he took to the air after the others but made a point to fly carefully and gracefully as to avoid going too fast given his passengers.

Not that Charizard complained, as it give it and Duke the chance to admire the beautiful view as they flew to the others at a coasting pace which had been half the fun of flight anyway.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier crossed his arms and grinned. "I have to get you healed up but....I guess we can have you train. If only Samurott and Zebstrika were here for Alola, but I guess fantasies be fantasies....sometimes." He shrugged and patted Garchomp's side.

"I'll be trying to figure out some more buildup to my performance, but, before you go off to train, wanna see my super-secret final trick?" Daniel offered, "If I do it right, it'll blow you away!"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier laughed softly. "I'm actually interested in seeing your new trick. If you're keeping this a secret, then it must be amazing." He said. Garchomp and Salamence agreed.

Nova wasn't much luck while trying to find Sophocles. Finally, she found the pillars representing a trial site. "There it is....the trial of Electrium Z, I'm guessing." She said.

(Found out the original Sophocles is Greek)

"It's the biggest, most dangerous trick I've ever done," he answered, "It might not look like much now, but wait 'til you see it when it's on stage!"

He ordered Honchkrow out first. "Honchkrow, use haze!"

The shiny pokemon flew up high, spitting forth a cloud of pitch-black gas, strong enough to cover both Daniel, Serperior, and most of the area around them. Honchkrow joined them soon after, leaving the three completely obscured by black mist.

Daniel, despite being half-blinded, undid his seatbelt, and rose from his wheelchair. His leg muscles hadn't atrophied completely away, so he was able to stand, if very shakily. Serperior coiled around the wheelchair, hiding it, before he waited for his next instruction.

"Now, Serperior, use magical leaf!"

Brightly coloured leaves began to swirl around in the mist, glowing, circling, and eventually spreading out. Now, it was time for the final touch..."

"Serperior, sunny day!"

The grass snake sent up a blinding white orb, clearing just enough of the black mist for pokemon and coordinator to be visible. The glowing leaves hung up in the air, scattered around the white orb. The scene was a midnight full moon.

And right in the middle of it all, Daniel was floating in the air. Honchkrow was holding him up, obscured by his trainer's back, so it looked like the coordinator had wings of his own. Finally, Daniel had become the honchkrow, the king of the night he so longed to be.

Daniel flew around his little scene with Honchkrow, before he ordered him to use psychic. The big bird did as he was told, before Serperior retaliated with petal dance. Red spider lily petals hung in the air, and then delicately fell to the floor, as Daniel landed with Honchkrow.

"We're done!"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier was stunned and then he clapped. "Amazing. Absolutely amazing." He said, "If you use that move, you'll win the stage...Heh, no one else might need to perform for that display." Garchomp and Salamence both congratulated Serperior and Honchrow's combination moves.

Daniel simply bowed, before being given a hand by Kemen back over to his chair. "Ehe...Well, hopefully, it'll secure my spot in round two, at least...Then, I'll just have to contest battle my way to the top!"

He glanced sheepishly at the grass snake. "Serperior, can I have my wheelchair back?"

The grass snake obediently uncoiled himself from the chair, and Kemen helped Daniel sit down.