• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Terain thought to herself for a moment. Everyone seemed to have an intense goal of becoming Champion of Alola. She enjoyed battling, and she’s been collecting Z Crystals, but did she really want to become the champion? She wanted to prove her strength, show to her brothers that she, too, was a strong trainer. But maybe, battling was just a hobby for her. After all, she was more determined to become Alolan Queen than anything else.

“I guess it doesn’t really matter if we’re being honest, if one of us wins the tournament on Mt. Lanakila, then we should support them all the way!” Daymon grinned and stood up, tossing out Marshtomp, Mudsdale, and Kirlia. “Why have we been wasting time! Terian has a picnic waiting for us, so we should probably eat up!” He grinned and grabbed a sandwich and a couple sitrus berries for himself. He also grabbed four food bowls for his Pokemon, hesitated, and put one back. Skarmory hunted for himself.

“Ooo~ a picnic! Always resourceful, aren’t you Terian! You’re gonna be such a help in these next few weeks as we hike the coastal badland!”

Terain smiled at the compliment, happy to be of use. She pulled out a sandwich, egg salad between fluffy croissants. She also grabbed herself a small bottle of water, and sat with her friends, enjoying a stress less moment.

Daymon popped back down next to Terian, Daya sitting next to him. “Anyway, let’s eat!” His Pokemon all cheered and began to dig into their Pokemon food bowls. He gave them a warm smile and began to eat the sandwich and berries, savoring the taste.

Daya grabbed a meat and cheese sub sandwich and began to gobble it down. Seems she was very hungry after not eating for a hot minute. “Mf- Oi Terian, Nova, you girls do any physical activities? Like run, or do a sport, or cardio or something?” She asked between one of her bites.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"I normally like to have a good walk with Espeon for the most part. It soothes her mind which makes me calm as well. It just...feels good." Nova responded as she looked to the food and sat down across from them. She smiled then began to eat a croissant with egg salad, seeing that it was looking good.

Glacier snuck behind his little sister then had Rockruff and Fomantis come out of their Pokeballs so they could as well. "Can't leave them cooped up in there. In fact, I should let mine out too." He spoke, stepping back. He then threw out an Ultra Ball, Dusk Ball, and a normal Pokeball. Dartrix, Lycanroc, and Zoroark appeared out of them.

Terain took a bite of her sandwich and gulped it down before answering Daya.

“Does dancing count as a ‘sport’? Because I dance during my showcases all the time.” Terain said, taking a swig of water. “Then again, I often run to get to where I’m going.”

Terain then let her Pokémon out as well, hoping they’d enjoy time with the others.

“Well, I suppose dancing could count! It does take a lot of work! I could also count running, ‘tis good exercise if I say!” Daya said, grinning and biting into her sub more and more, almost done with it.

Daymon finished his last Sitrus Berry and took the last bite of his sandwich, and sprawled himself out on the picnic blanket. “Man, it’s almost 2 already? Feels like it was noon like, 2 hours ago.” He said, and Daya laughed. “Big bro, it was noon two hours ago.”

While the group enjoyed their meal, Duke just to the side of them had well his own...personal issues.

Rockruff decided to try and prove its Duke guessed presumed "machoness" when he saw an apple at the top of a tree and given that Fomantis seemed to take to such treats Rockruff figured it could go and try to impress her by scaling up the tree to fetch it; try having been the key word as Rockruff climbed up to the first branch but then realized it had no way to get higher and now seemed stuck as the height made it freeze a bit. Fomantis took notice and grew concerned as Duke's attention turned to it.

"A bit too adventurous for your own good eh?" Duke chuckled. "Say buddy think you can he..." Duke began to say, only to see his Shiny Charizars had been busy enjoying its meals which caused the Pokemon Protector to sigh. Well, if Charizard was not gonna help now then he'd simply have to go and get him himself.

So, with a bit of flair he moved to the tree and scaled up it as Rockruff looked on a bit relieved. "Alright buddy just get down to my shoulder nice and gently."

Rockrufff nodded, but a firm crack caused both to give notice. As Rockruff had taken a step the branch he was on snapped just a bit which caused him to trip as he landed on Duke's head and both toppled to the bottom of the tree.

The loud thud of their fall caused the apple that Rockruff tried to get to shake off as it rolled by Terain and company, while Fomantis went to the two in concern.

"T-that...that could have gone better..."

"Ruff..."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier had turned to Duke with Rockruff and Fomantis before tapping Lycanroc's shoulder. The much larger rock type turned to face his trainer but then turned to the Rockruff. "Hey, Duke. You want some help from Lycanroc?" He asked the older trainer as he stood up and tilted his head somewhat.

Terain saw the apple roll over and gingerly picked it up. She looked to Duke and Rockruff, on the ground. A broken branch lay beside them.

“Oh goodness! Are you okay?” Terain said, running over with the apple in hand.

"N-nah, we're good. Believe me I've taken worse and Rockruff seems okay." Duke said with a sheepish groan as he worked to assure both Glacier and Terain as he worked to flip back up to sit while Rockruff hopped off his body as it seemed more disappointed than hurt even as Fomantis ran to comfort it along with Terain.

But it had been then when Rockruff, in spite of its long expression, glanced Terain's way as his eyes widened and he moved by Terain; wagging its tail as it barked while his gazed was focused at the apple she had in hand. Almost as if he tried to send a message he wanted it to the trainer.

Terain seemed confused for a second, before looking at the apple and smiling.

“Oh, I see!” She said.

She bent down and held out the apple for Rockruff to take, petting the cute pup in the process.

Last edited:
Rockruff's eyes widened a bit as the apple was offered, the rock type having wasted no time as he gave a thankful bark before he nuzzled into Terain's petting as Fomantis walked over perhaps to check if Rockruff had been okay before the Rockruff offered the apple to Fomantis whose eyes widened a bit as she smiled and took it.

"Mantis!" Fomantis said with a light smile as Rockruff sheepishly smiled while it tried to mask a blush the Fomantis somehow had not noticed.

SaiyanDakon

The Midnight Lycanroc seemed to growl then barked over to Rockruff, walking closer to him and ignoring Terain. He flexed his hands before grinning somewhat at the Pup. "Lycanroc." ("It's time you and I trained.")

Glacier seemed to be surprised that Lycanroc would take an interest in Duke's Rockruff but he knew that were was something else going in. Was it because Rockruff would evolve into Lycanroc....or did Lycanroc want to be stronger? Either way, it was interesting.

Terain cooed at the adorable interaction between Rockruff and Fomantis. Brionne also smiled at the two. However, when Glacier’s Lycanrock came up and started to speak with Rockruff, the two partners became confused, unsure of how to comprehend what may or may not happen next.

Rockruff felt pretty satisfied as Duke got up from the bottom of the tree as Fomantis smiled sweetly before their attention turned to the Lycanroc as the latter seemed to mention they'd be training now.

Fomantis was confused, and Rockruff was a bit stunned. "Ruff?" (Training, but why me?)

Duke looked on, he had no way to know what they had been saying but based on his travels he had a way to guess what might have been said.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc lowered his head to stare at the Rockruff with his red eyes. He growled softly as he approached a bit closer. "Lycanroc...roc." ("It's time for you to begin.... can't let one of my kind be weaker.") It was as much as something to rile up Rockruff, not to insult him because Lycanroc wanted to see if he had the same determination to become stronger, producing that same fire inside him.

Terran was still mighty confused by what the Pokémon could be saying to each other. However, she shrugged it off and smiled brightly to her companions. Brionne jumped onto her trainer’s shoulder, popping a bubble in the process.

This was enough to spark a reaction, as Rockruff's expression shifted suddenly that to a glare as he stared down his more evolved counterpart. "Ruff!? Rockruff!" (Weak!? I'll show you who is weak!)

Duke overheard the commotion as he had a small smile. "Seems your Lycanroc lit a fire under my Rockruff." Duke said to Glaicer.

SaiyanDakon

"Well, Rockruff is going to evolve into a Lycanroc so I guess this makes sense for him to have Rockruff be stronger." Glacier responded. Getting stronger. That was just part of his morale in life but Lycanroc seemed to just take that one part after evolving from Rockruff. It wasn't necessary but sometimes it could be something to help them out.

Lycanroc seemed to laugh at Rockruff as he stared down at his pre-evolution. He held his large paw out as he taunted the little Rock Type with a "Come here" motion. He grinned widely towards him then got into a stance. "Lycanroc." ("Show me what you've got.")

Teiran was uncertain of what to make of the situation. Brionne, however, was more worried that one of her friends might get hurt. She knew that Rockruff had a lot of fire inside, and he’d do anything to prove himself strong. But how far would he go?

Teiran sensed her partners worries, and pet her gently on the head.

“Don’t worry, Brionne. They’ll be okay.”

"I suppose that is reasonable enough, and if they are eager to go I can't give anything less for this!" Duke smiled as he seemed pumped that his relative new addition to the team seemed so siked for this battle as he worked to find a nice open space for them to work with.

Rockruff in turn, had a fire in its eyes as it had kept its gaze on the Lycanroc who growled at it as it responded to the "come here" taunt with a defiant glare. "Ruff!" (Oh you will see what I've got!)

SaiyanDakon

"I agree. Let's just watch the interaction between the two." Glacier responded then he smiled a bit, watching the two Rock Types. He crossed his arms as he saw Lycanroc taunting Rockruff, unsure if it worked.

"Roc." ("Bring it.") Was all Lycanroc spoke as he grinned more to the Rockruff, wanting to challenge with everything he had and not holding back against the smaller Pokemon. He was going to make sure that Rockruff grew stronger and evolve into a Lycanroc like him.

Duke, while he could not understand just what the two Pokemon had said to each other, but he had been around Pokemon both his own and others for a long while so he had picked up on subtle cues from their body or facial expression so he had a guess on what was mentioned between them.

"Oh I don't think they just want to watch." Duke smiled, as Rockruff moved over to a nearby open stretch as it seemed to assume the battle position; a determined expression highlighted how fired up it was as it waited for the Lycanroc to meet it.

During this, Fomantis watched by Teiran and Brionne as it had some concern in her eyes.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc had moved to the opposite side of Rockruff and he glared down at the Pokemon, watching it with red eyes but he was standing in a neutral position, wanting the smaller Pokemon to make the first move.

Glacier seemed surprised that Lycanroc didn't go ahead and move first. This was an unexpected move for him and he was unsure if Lycanroc would be taking this training session seriously.

As Lycanroc stared down the smaller Rockruff, as if it gave the floor for it to make the first move and Duke's Rockruff seemed ever eager to make it as before Duke could get into position or even had made a command Rockruff charged with a full head of steam as it aimed to deliver a tackle to Lycanroc's chest.

"Woah easy there buddy!" Duke called out, his usual stage presence shaken for only a brief moment as he had not seen this coming.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc barely moved from his spot to dodge the Tackle attack. He stared at the Rockruff as he came closer to his arm but he grinned ferociously and prepared to strike with Fire Punch.

Glacier flinched a little when he saw Lycanroc get ready to attack. "Should we....stop this or..." He spoke dimly to Duke, unsure of the situation.

Terain knew Glacier wasn’t talking to him, but she responded anyway.

“Um...” she started. “I think it’s in everyone’s best interest to end what might go down?”

Terain didn’t want to see Rockruff get hurt, and Brionne couldn’t fear the same situation anymore than her trainer could.

Duke considered the words, and perhaps Rockruff had been a bit too hot for a casual spar as he decided to adhere to the wishes of his allies. "Alright Rockruff, hold off we'll handle this..."

However, in a shocking turn, Rockruff ignored Duke's command as it jumped to the side as it worked to try to avoid the punch and still seemed intent into a tackle as it tried to drive into the Lycanroc's fist much to Duke's shock and Fomantis' concern.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier stared at this then he shook his head, standing up and going to approach the two Rock Types but something held him back. He felt as if....this was needed to be done, no matter how much of his conscience wanted to stop it.

Lycanroc growled before going in full throttle and pushing his Fire Punch back against Rockruff's tackle. He grinned towards the smaller Pokemon and leaned his head down a bit. "Lycanroc." ("It's over.")

Teiran was quiet. More due to shock than anything. She didn’t mind harmless training, but this seemed a little bit extreme. Brionne was still a little worried, not wanting her friends to fight for any longer than they had originally.

"RUFF!"

Rockruff cried out as the tackle had been overpowered by the Fire Punch and the smaller rock type bounced on the ground from the force of the blow. Duke naturally advanced with Pokeball at the ready as he had been prepared to call the match and return it but then something caused him to stop.

"Rock, ruff rock!" (No, I need to do this please!)

Duke held the Pokeball in hand, and while he had no way to know just what his partner had said Duke understood enough from the expression that Rockruff desired to see this. Against perhaps better judgement, Duke decided to respect the rock type's wishes as it shakily made it to its feet and growled at the Lycanroc.

"Ruff!" (I can do this all day!)

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Melody smiled as she walked along the main trail of Ula’Ula Island as her partner Litten clung to her right shoulder as the pair seemed to be in high spirits if her warm smile was anything to go by. "Alright, so far so good I hope we get to see some amazing sights on this island, maybe we'll even get to see more trainers. Wouldn't that be fun~?" Melody said with a smile as Litten purred to her soft rubbing of the ears as they moved along the main trail through the foliage.

As they walked, Melody paused as Litten seemed to pick up on something with the way its ears shot up as some noise was heard. Melody decided to investigate as they walked up to a clearing and what they saw was what seemed to be a battle between a Rockuff and a Lycanroc (Midnight) as it seemed some trainers were at it. Melody decided to just watch and see how it played out while Litten looked on with interest.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier turned to Duke and he shook his head. "You have that feeling too? Where you want to see them both go ahead?" He asked as he seemed a bit fearful but he knew that this is what Lycanroc wanted. To push Rockruff to his limits.

Lycanroc seemed to impressed that Rockruff was able to get back onto his feet. He grinned and nodded. "Lycanroc. Lycan...." ("Perfect. Get ready then...") The Midnight Form howled and he was prepared to charge at the smaller Pokemon, not going to hold back anything.

Teiran flinched a bit, but decided it was best to avoid feeling worried and to support her friend’s Pokémon; the less advanced one, that is.

“You can do it, Rockruff! Go for it! Show ‘em what you got!” She shouted, earning a confused look from Brionne.

Wasn’t she worried a minute ago?

Duke merely nodded, even if he had no idea why he felt this way he just sensed that Rockruff needed this battle and in spite of worry if he stopped it Rocktuff would have held it against him. Duke only hoped this decision would not come back to bite him...

"Rock, ruff!" (I was born ready!) Rockruff called out, as the smaller Pokemon saw its more evolved counterpart charge as Rockruff responded quickly as it fired a Rock Blast as it had sent several rocks at high speeds towards Lycanroc aiming to pelt the werewolf Pokemon before it had chance to reach it.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc scowled and he shook his head, beginning to rush through the Rock Blast, grinning widely as he readied for another attack. He began to have his fist ready for a Fire Punch then he shook his head.

Glacier flinched and he shook his head. "No....you've got to be strong. The both of you." He told the two Rock Types.