• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

todoroki

Previously gamora
Once sure the news crew was gone, Ansel stepped back in, much to the receptionist's dismay. "That news crew wanted to take away a face they deemed too pretty for TV. A tragedy," he lamented, putting his hands up by his sides in disappointment.

Last edited:
Duke had a chuckle at the sequence of events he had seen before he faced Daymon with that cheeky grin he had.

"You can say that, though I think it adds some excitement." Duke said, though given this was a man who in the past jumped off a Skarmory over a volcanic island in the past excitement needed to be taken with a grain of salt.

Daniel, meanwhile, rolled his eyes at Ansel, sick of his attitude. "Great. So, not only are you a blockhead, but you're a boastful blockhead as well," he sighed, "Who do you think you are, rocking up to the contest hall, not knowing anything about how these contests work, demanding to enter, when you don't have a contest pass, prodding my boyfriend and I for the details of our relationship, and then going off acting like you're some sort of superstar? Screw. That. Noise."

Kemen meanwhile, glanced back at Akio and the others. "If that's the case, then I suppose that the showcase would have to be held tomorrow morning, or maybe even late tonight, if it's here..."

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel glared aggressively at Daniel. He had gone too far. "Who are you to tell some 14 year old kid what to do? You're not my damn dad. You have no place bossing me around. Sorry I didn't understand a type of relationship I've never seen before! Sorry I make a joke about being handsome, but considering you and your boyfriend are into Pokemon performing, I doubt narcissism is anything you're new to. Butt off, I can and will join a contest if I want to, and I can and will win." His eyes were welling up with tears, and he stomped off to go train, wiping his eyes, Pari following him anxiously.

(OOC: btw, the whole thing with ansel being snoopy about their relationship is because he's struggling with internalized homophobia right now cos of his homophobic father and he thinks he's straight. i think it's actually good character dev for him to fight at first and face consequences for his reckless behavior, but i think he should progressively get along better and fit more into the group.)

(I agree. Also, it's funny that you have him going off about only being fourteen, when Daniel and Kemen are sixteen themselves XD. There's something else that I wanna discuss, regarding contests, but I'll save it for the discussion)

Daniel blinked. "Wow. I call him out on his behaviour, and instead of apologising, both to us, or the poor receptionist he bothered, he just runs off and acts like I'm the bad guy," he sighed, "Somehow, I feel like he's gonna have it in for me at the contest..."

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel was mad. He had been taking care of himself just fine since he got to Alola. Sure, he was maybe a little rude (okay, more than a little) but why shouldn't he be? No one was the boss of him. He was the boss of himself. He didn't do anything to deserve being lectured by some other teenager. Maybe a new Pokemon would cheer him up. That's when he saw the Vigoroth. He sent out Elpida, his Torracat. He slowly walked towards the Vigoroth, and put out his hand, and made a little "tch-tch" sound to call it. The Vigoroth turned around. "Roth?" It turned it's head for a second. "ROTH!!" It ran towards Elpida, scratching at it aggressively. "Elpida, use Fake Out!" Elpida obeyed, flinching the Vigoroth for a moment. "Now, Body Slam!" Elpida kicked its hind legs back, charging up, before slamming onto the Vigoroth, knocking it down and paralyzing it. Ansel grinned, the perfect time to catch it. He threw an Ultra Ball. It shook once. Twice. A third time. And... Click. Vigoroth was caught. Ansel jumped up and down in joy, then regained his angry posture. He was training to win the contest. He nicknamed him "Thymos". Ansel took Thymos to the Pokemon Center, then sent out the newly captured Pokemon, to learn about his battle style.

Last edited:
Daymon shrugged. "Umm... I don't get this. I guess now we're being followed by and edgelord." He said, and made a lopsided smile. "You know... I kind of want to see how this thing plays in battle." He said, looking at Snorunt's Pokeball.

Duke glanced over at Daymon as he seemed to imply he wanted to battle with his newly caught Snorunt. And at that Duke simply smiled as in a flash he released Fomantis from her Pokeball before he turned to Daymon.

"Well, if you desire to get to know your partner better, me and Fomantis could help. She needs some battles under her belt anyway." Duke explained as indeed Fomantis needed chances to grow and get stronger being the newest addition to Duke's team. Fomantis in any event seemed eager to battle regardless of who or what she was battling as she eyed Daymon with a competitive stare.

todoroki

Previously gamora
After a good training session with his Pokemon, Ansel headed to the center to get some things to eat. He got pokebeans for his Pokemon and a Tapu Cocoa and a Murkroque Monsieur for himself. He sat eating, having mostly forgotten about the argument altogether. He didn't wanna dwell on it. All he wanted to focus on was winning the contest tomorrow. Then he started to think about how he should sleep so he can wake up bright and early for the contest- but wait, where was he going to sleep? After this realization he began to wander the streets of Malie City, looking for any hotel.

(@Yellow.lol are team skull involved in this at all?)

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier grabbed a Great Ball and sighed. "For now....I guess we just wait...." He said then turned to Nova. I'm not sure if she has officially decided the island challenge. If she does, then she'll be behind. Glacier thought and returned his gaze to the Great Ball. "Lycanroc....you'll be against the Totem." He whispered.

"I think I need to be off, giving my performance one last polish before the contest tomorrow," Daniel added, "But once we're all done with the stuff we need to do for today, how about we meet at the yoshoku restaurant, get dinner, and then rest up for tomorrow?"

Yoshoku was a unique kind of Japanese food, which drew influence from western food. It included katsu curry, omurice, strawberry shortcake, and even Daniel's favourite meal, cream stew

"I accept the challenge! Whatever it takes to get ol' Snorunt into a battle!" He said, grinning. He ran over to one of the many battlefields scattered across the city. "Well.... Let's get this started!" He yelled, sending out Snorunt, who grinned at the thought of battle.
A shadowy figure watched the battle unfold. "Now I shall see how Daymon has developed over the months. It is time for his test and I shalt watch and wait." They said, hiding inside their dark cloak of night.

(Stupid alerts...welcome back, me. And no, Team Skull is out of the question.)

Teiran walked up to the receptionist, ignoring the fuss, swearing, arguments, and shocked expressions.

"Hello! Is there a showcase being held here soon?" she asked the receptionist.

Brionne hopped up to Teiran, and tried to bounce up to the desk, barely catching it to pull herself up. She held on, her snout and eyes visible.

Last edited:
Once again, Daniel and Kemen were left confused, by Teiran's apparent career shift, and Daymon and Duke apparently ignoring them.

"Uh, Teiran? Aren't you gonna ask about the showcase?" Daniel began, "Or are you really joining my line of work?"

(Whoops, that was a mistake! So much talk about contests! Edited! Pretend that didn't happen)

The receptionist nodded, and looked at the computer in front of her.

"There seems to be one early next morning. About four." she said.

Teiran smiled, but her eyes went wide. She grabbed Brionne with a smile.

"We'll need to practice, eat well, and sleep well!" Teiran said with a smile, thinking about the showcase.

Daniel nodded. "Yeah, just what I was thinking," he concurred, "Once you're all signed up, maybe we could head off somewhere, practice, and offer a bit of feedback on our performances?" he suggested, "I mean, I'm pretty confident about mine, but just thought I'd make the offer..."

Duke followed Daymon to the battlefield of his choosing as Fomantis seemed rather excited to battle the ice-type, something Duke was proud of as he got his competitive game face on.

"All right, I'll let you have the first move. Give us what you and your partner have Daymon!" Duke encouraged as Rockruff let itself out of its Pokeball seemingly just to observe Fomantis.

"Great!" Daniel mirrored, taking out Lopunny and Machoke's pokeballs. Lopunny's had already been equipped with the seal he'd received from Kemen. Machoke, meanwhile, was entering the stage without any fancy effects.

Kemen took Daniel's wheelchair, searching for a clearing nearby. "Let's be off, then!"

Teiran was in quick pursuit with the teenagers, Brionne in her arms. She followed them as they directed her to a clearing not far away. Then, she sat down, offering for Daniel to go first.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," he said proudly, "Lopunny, the stage is yours!"

He threw the pokeball carefully, a short distance away from him, and an illusion of a red carpet appeared, along with several camera flashes, thanks to the seal. Lopunny strutted gracefully along the carpet, waving and posing for imaginary camera men.

"Lopunny, stop, and use dizzy punch!"

The service pokemon's fists lit up, and she punched the air, before rounding off with a kick. The aim of this part of this performance was to show off her grace and agility, not to mention her beauty, before machoke came into play.

"Right, now Machoke, come out," Daniel ordered next, "But do it quietly, got it? We don't want anyone to notice you until"--

It was too late. The massive fighting type landed with a crash opposite Lopunny, instead of being revealed with a stray move, like he was supposed to.

Daniel sighed softly, facepalming. "Moving on. Machoke, use focus blast!"

The fighting type launched a pulsing blue sphere at Lopunny, who, feigning outrage, kicked it skyward. Machoke came forward, revealing himself, and feigned cockiness, making himself glow using focus energy.

"Machoke, focus blast once more! Lopunny, use protect!"

This time, the sphere crashed against a glimmering wall of blue light, the resulting sparkling shower washing over Lopunny.

"Machoke, use strength! Lopunny, high jump kick!"

The fighting type dashed forward, trying to pick Lopunny up and throw her, but the normal type evaded his clutches with a swift series of kicks, landing with a low growl.

"Now, Lopunny, finish with blizzard!"

The huge rabbit launched a huge, icy gale at Machoke, and when done, she bowed, but Machoke got back up, charging up another focus blast.

"No, Machoke, that's it, you're supposed to be defeated now," Daniel scolded, "Jeez, the competition is tomorrow, and you still can't get it right..."

Machoke huffed, and obediently toppled over, as Lopunny bowed once more.

"And that's it...Sorta..." Daniel said sheepishly, "Minus the mistakes..."

"I'll take the honor of moving 1st! Snorunt, use Ice Shard!" He yelled, and Snorunt did something unexpected. It formed two ice crystals in its hands and then they began to lengthen out into spears. Snorunt nodded at Daymon, who nodded back. Those ice crystals would be as strong and durable as steel. "Now! Attack!" He yelled, and Snorunt dashed at Foamantis in a flurry of snow, repeatedly stabbing at the mantis with its ice.

Teiran watched the performance unfold, and her eyes sparkled. She didn't mind the mistakes, and neither did Brionne, her mouth agape in awe.

"That was amazing!" Teiran shouted, clapping her hands frantically.

Brionne also clapped her flippers, her eyes still on the contestant and his Pokemon.

"Alright, like we practiced. Dodge!" Duke said as Fomantis had began to due her best to avoid the ice blades. Though with the flair one expected from Duke, Fomantis began to dance as it dodged which only made her moves not just more visually appealing but also more swift and seamless.

"Now jump and use Razor Leaf!" Duke yelled as Fomantis jumped over the Snorunt and fired a series of high speed leaves from the air as she aimed to pelt the ice-type below.

Snorunt attempted to block the leave with his ice shards, but some were able to get past his icy shield. They didn't do much, but they hit. "Now use frost breath all around!" He yelled. He knew the move would always result in a critical hit. It also had a low chance of missing, since he sprayed it everywhere. Soon, as Snorunt sprayed, the feild was covered in a thick haze.

Akio followed them all and stood around not paying attention like always. "I hope Teiran gets the keys she needs." Akio hoped. "Me and Marowak are going to explore." Akio called out. "Alright! Let's look around Marowak." Akio wandered away to a nearby food place. If camped around here he could meet them again in the morning.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel had been watching the performance from the distance. The performance caused a twinkle in his eye. His practice had been about that good, right? He had to be able to defeat him. At this point, he didn't really care about being yelled at and more the fact that he was stubborn and wanted to prove he was right. Then all of the sudden- oh no- he had to hold it back. Allergies were a pain in his Feebass. All of the sudden the group would hear an immensely loud sneeze from the distance, scaring away a group of Cutiefly.

Teiran shook her head.

"It's all perfect! Maybe when Machoke is supposed to be defeated, he shoots one last attack, which Lopunny can block with another attack, creating a shower of sparkles!" Teiran imagined.

Brionne noticed Machoke was trying to flirt with Lopunny, and laughed a bit.

Daniel's eyes lit up. "Hey, that's a nice idea!" he said quickly, snapping his fingers, "Yeah...That'd do more to show off Machoke's strength!"

Kemen nodded, putting his hand on Daniel's shoulder. "They do say, great minds think alike..."

The wheelchair bound coordinator smiled, glancing over at Machoke. It was a good thing he'd had him neutered, else he feared having lots of baby bunearies to deal with...

The two moved backwards, as if to make room for Teiran and her lot. "I guess now, it's your turn to be the star!"

todoroki

Previously gamora
Relieved the noise hadn't alerted them to his presence, Ansel sat down. Was this creepy? Nah, probably not. Right? He thought for a bit and then shook his head to snap back to reality. He sat, eagerly awaiting the performance, and let his Pokemon out to sit down with him. He had to hush Thymos, his Vigoroth, knowing he'd make a ruckus if he hadn't.

Duke knew that Fomantis would be unable to dodge this attack as the grass-type was dealt a critical blow as she flopped down to the ground.

"RUFF!" Rockruff cried in concern as Fomantis staggered but made it back to her feet. And after giving an encouraging nod to Duke to signal she wanted to continue Duke knew he had to regain some of that lost health.

"Use Ingrain!"

Fomantis soon generated some roots that logged into the ground as she began to regain some of her heath, though not enough to fully recover from the critical blow. Duke was quick to follow it up with his next move.

"Energy ball!" Duke called out as Fomantis, who remained firmly in place within her roots, charged up an energy sphere and fired it at the Snorunt.

Teiran nodded to him in thanks, standing up. Brionne hopped to her side, and Teiran returned her, and slapped the seal onto the Pokeball. Then, she grabbed the rest of the Pokeballs, holding three in each hand.

"Come out, everyone!" she shouted, throwing only five Pokeballs.

Upon each Pokemon appearing and seeing the watchful eyes of their friends, they knew they were practicing their performance, which Teiran had gone over a few times in secret. a few Nisan understatement. A lot. They lined up, Machoke, Steenee, and Raichu on one side. Ralts M, and Ralts F were on the other.

"A mermaid in power, she comes through the sea! My partner from the beginning, arrive at my plea!" she shouted, tossing the Pokeball into the air.

The pokeball unhinged and out came a large seashell. It wiggled as it hit the ground, and Teiran walked over to it. She opened the shell, and sat inside, Brionne jumping onto her lap. They both put their arms, and fins, into the air. Water squirted from the shell. Brionne then started to sing a beautiful tune, which put the other Pokemon to "sleep", which was really just an act. Teiran stood up, holding Brionne. Brionne inhaled, blew a big bubble from her nose, and popped it, the water from the bubble flicking onto each of their faces. They each opened their eyes, one by one.

Machoke was first to move, and he walked to the center, crouching down onto his knees. Steenee and Raichu came after, and hopped onto his shoulders. Both of the Ralts' climbed onto them, balancing on their heads. The Ralts' held each others hands lovingly. They all struck a pose, before Teiran tossed Brionne into the air. Brionne used Aqua Ring, and the move surrounded the other Pokemon in a veil of water, so they were no longer seen. Brionne splashed into the veil, and he water splashed everywhere, blinding the crowd for a moment. When the vision cleared, Teiran was holding her palms out for Steenee's feet to rest on, Steenee posed in an 'X' formation.

Brionne was held by Machoke, who was holding her in a ballroom dancing pose. Ralts M and F were holding each other in the same way.

"I close my eyes and I can see a whole world waiting up for me. That I call my own..." she started.

She continued to sing one of her favorite songs from a movie called "The Greatest Showcaseman." Steenee walked back and fourth, Teiran following her with her hands. Steenee's hands were posed, everyone ballroom danced, Steenee, however, was the star. Teiran felt as though she hadn't given all her Pokemon a fair chance to be the star, so Brionne was the star at the beginning, and now it was Steenee. Soon, Teiran's song ended, and everyone stopped. They all let out a triumphant roar, each one different from the other. Then, they bowed.

"How was it? It didn't seem to great...maybe I should cut down he time? Is there something missing? Is it too much?" she asked, extremely worried.

The performer-coordinator couple were silent, for about thirty seconds. And then they erupted into rapturous applause, Lopunny and Machoke doing the same.

"In all my years of performing, I've never seen anything like that!" Kemen began, "My, that was incredible! Enter the showcase like that, and you'll definitely win your final key with a bang!"

"You heard him," Daniel chuckled, "In all seriousness, though, I agree, that was amazing. Just make sure you save some tricks for the masterclass though, ok?"

"Snorunt!!!!! Jump!!!" He yelled, and Snorunt leaped over the ball of grassy energy. "Quick! Use Ice Beam!" He yelled, and Snorunt shot a bolt of icy energy at Foamantis, but Daymon held up his hand. "No. On the ground." He said, and it changed the beam direction to hit the floor. Ice spread around the field. He knew Foamantis really don't function well when the floor was made of ice.

Teiran gave a sheepish smile and blushed, rubbing the back of her head.

"Awe, thanks." she said.

All the other Pokemon did the same, mimicking their trainer. With final hugs and good luck kisses on the forehead, Teiran returned them to their pokeballs, hoping that everyone else in there'd would erupt with applause like that.

"It's no big deal," they assured her, sharing a glance, "I mean, we're friends, aren't we? Cheering each other on is the least we can do!"

Daniel glanced down at his fragile legs. He had a massive trick up his sleeve for the grand festival, but it was incredibly risky. It could either make the best appeal of his life, or make him look like a fool, and leave him unable to move in front of the biggest crowd he'd ever performed in. Nonetheless, he wanted to try it.