• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Teiran turned and saw Duke, before smiling at his offer.

"Yeah, sure! Thanks." she said, turning.

All her Pokemon leapt for joy, giving their own personal screech at the sound of pizza. Teiran smiled warmly, and wondered what the others were getting. She thought about Akio just coming back, and hoped to spend some personal time with him too.

Duke smiled as he went to go get the pizza. It appeared his team was interested in the idea as well as all of them (Minus Gyarados who swam to the side of the ship) had jumped for joy with Teiran's Pokemon.

Soon enough Duke returned with multiple pizzas with various toppings that would no doubt please both Teiran and all their Pokemon. Duke smiled as he laid out the pizza before them.

"Hope you enjoy yourself." Duke said as he took a slice of pepperoni and enjoyed a nice bite of it.

Akio smiled at the picture, "Reminds me of when I got the storm badge, with my friend's pokemon team." Akio laughed, after a bit Akio couldn't stop wondering how quick the pizza would come, "Alright, what do you want to talk about." Crafty, a way to pass the time and make it look like he doesn't want to disappear.

Kemen gave the group a wry smile. "I've got some pretty crazy showcase stories," he began, "Like the time I tried stage-diving mid performance, and ended up with a concussion!"

Daniel, meanwhile, thought he'd chip in with a contest story of his own. "And at one of my contests, I think it was in Hoenn, maybe...Some girl confessed to the boy she liked through her appeal, and it turned out that he already had a girlfriend..."

"Well, I always love funny stories, even if they aren't always funny." He said, and scrolled through another list of pictures. He found one and showed another picture. It had an older Daymon than in the last picture taking another selfie with Katie and another strange girl. She had brown hair and a red t-shirt. "That's my sister Daya." He said, smiling. "That was when I introduced her to Katie right behind Mt.Chimenny.!" He said, pointing to the background of a volcano.

Teiran and her Pokemon smiled happily, and each took a slice of pizza. They ate happily, and while Teiran saved room in case any other foods came her way, her Pokemon enjoyed multiple pieces until they were satisfied.

"Torracat! Not Again! NO" A boy shouted as a big red and black cat jumped at Teiran and the others trying to steal the food. "Froakie, stop him!" The boy sent out another Pokemon which was a blue frog with big yellow eyes and a big fluffy cloud thing around it's neck. It jumped on top of Torracat and began to pound it.

"Mt Chimney? Ah, yes, I've been there," Daniel answered, "Y'know, Hoenn was actually where I went for my first journey. It was also where I caught Mightyena, and Honchkrow..."

Kemen nodded, taking the handlebars of Daniel's wheelchair. "I suppose we ought to go back to Teiran," he sighed, "We'll be arriving at Malie City soon, and I feel guilty, that we all ditched her..."

The performer began pushing Daniel back up to the deck, where Teiran and Duke were, stopping, upon noticing a trainer with what appeared to be a rogue torracat. Daniel's lopunny stood to attention, using protect to shield the couple.

"I'd prefer it if you controlled your beast, around us," Kemen sighed, eyeing the Torracat's trainer with a disapproving look.

Teiran was very startled at first, for the cat scared her. When she realized he just wanted a slice of pizza, she handed him one, hoping he’d accept it.

“Quite the cat there.” Teiran said to the trainer with a sheepish smile. “You heading to Ula’Ula island too?”

"Have you ever been to Mt Silver?" Akio asked Daniel, he seemed like he would have been to many regions. Akio looked at the picture blankly.
"I've read a lot about Hoenn...never been..." Akio said feeling a bit left out by all this Hoenn stuff. "I did have a bike made in Mauville when I was 8."

"Once," Daniel answered, as Lopunny went to berate the stranger, "Even if just to look for a dusk stone, for one of my contests. Oh, and to watch the clefairies dance under the moon!"

Kemen, meanwhile, was fixed on the stranger, now known as Elio, still angry at him, for the damage his rogue Torracat could have caused. "You're lucky that your beast didn't cause that much damage," he warned, "Between paying reparations for the damage to this ship, and the medical bills for the damage you could've caused to my boyfriend," and he gestured to Daniel, "And my friends, you'd have gone bankrupt."

Akio got up and smiled. "I'm gonna go check on Teiran..." Akio walked over to see Kemen scalding a boy. Akio stared blankly at Kemen. "I'm sure Torracat was just excited!" Akio smiled and turned to the boy. "Hi, I'm Akio! I only have 5 Z-crystals..." Marowak was sitting down waiting for the pizza. Akio went over to greet Teiran, "Hi!" he said, "I was worried so I checked on you...is that too clingy?" Akio suddenly felt a wave of shame.

"I've went there once. It was pretty cool!" He said about Mt. Silver. Then, he watched as Akio left. "Ah, he's got Terian. I'll get him his pizza when it gets here." He said, and scrolled through his pictures. He came across one in particular, and began to blush red. "Th-this ones personal." He said, and quickly slid away from it before anyone could look over his shoulder and see it.

(Hold on.. was Elio on the port side with Even and Teiran, or in the restaurant with everyone else? I mean, we both had pizza.)

Teiran looked to Akio.

“Nah. I was looking forward to seeing you too.” She said, smiling.

She gave him a quick one armed hug, and after seeing all her Pokémon satisfied from the meal, she returned them to her proper Pokeballs, with the acception of Brionne.

Kemen cleared his throat. "So I'm the bad guy, for being mad at you, when your beast could've caused several thousand yen's worth of damage to this ship, and seriously hurt my beloved?!" he said coolly, glancing back at Daniel, "And don't 'that guy' me! I'm the Nita King, I'll have you know!"

Daniel wheeled over, hurrying to restrain him. "It's fine, Kemen," he assured him, "See? Nobody's hurt!"

Daymon wandered over, bearing Pizzas. "You guys want these? The guy just gave them to us." He said, and tossed Akio the Pinapple and Ham while he took out his own ham and baco- "You gotta be kidding me." He said, feeling another watching twinge.

"I don't battle," Kemen said coolly, "I don't want to cause any more damage to the ship, or risk catching Daniel in the crossfire!"

Daniel, once again, wheeled forward, holding Kemen back. "Kemen, I already told you, it's fine," he assured him, "I'm not hurt, and neither is anyone else, so just simmer down before this gets out of hand!"

The performer took a moment to calm himself, putting his arm around the boy. "Very well," he said gruffly, "But mark my words. If anyone lays a finger on you, it will be the last thing they ever do."

Kemen begrudgingly shook the stranger's hand, immediately going back to Daniel's side. "I suppose we'll be arriving soon," he commented, glancing down at his phone, "With that in mind, let's at least keep it together until we arrive..."

Akio blankly questioned the events that just happened. "So...you guys forgive each other?" Akio was just trying to make sure everyone was happy. Akio caught the box, he was serious about this type of pizza and took out a slice. "Want one Teiran?" He put the pizza box between them and turned to Elio, "I guess you could but, our numbers are overflowing, by the way what does Kemen mean by your beast?" Akio didn't hear what happened with the Torracat.

Duke had to admit, his Charizard had been at the ready to combat the Torracat the second it lunged at Teiran and company. Though thankfully the trainer's Froakie had managed to get the situation settled.

"That's fine, though just keep a closer eye on your partner then. No one was hurt so no harm." Duke said as Charizard kept its focus on the Torracat just in the evident that it tried anything. The rest of Duke's party had gone back to their separate ways with Fomantis and Rockruff by Duke's side as Rockruff moved in front of Fomantis as if to protect her, though the Fomantis seemed more curious than alarmed.

Daymon smiled at the newcomer "Hey! Everyone deserves a chance to be forgiven." He said, and then ate a peice of pizza. "Mm! This is so good!!!!!" He said, pumping his fist with stars in his eyes. Man, he was a card. He looked off the tip of the boat. "Ula' Ula' inbound!" He yelled, seeing the island and the large Mt. Lanakila off in the distance, not too far.

Daniel glanced down at Lopunny, applying his new seal to a ball capsule. "Mhm! Finally, I can win what will hopefully be my last ribbon!" he said happily, "And then all that's left to do is win the grand festival, and take home that ribbon cup!"

He opened his ribbon case, glancing down at his ribbons from the many regions he'd been to. A beautiful dark green one, with a gold, leaf-shaped detail from Laverre City, in Kalos, a white one, with a snowflake pattern from Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. And his most recent one, from Paniola Town, had a yellow to red gradient, like the permanent sunset in the little farming town. And with any hope, his last ribbon would be the most beautiful one yet; a light pink one, to reflect the cherry blossoms hailing from the home of the craftsmen of Malie City.

(Yes, HacJ, you can have a Z Ring. But remember to approve how many crystals you have with me in the discussion thread.)

Teiran nodded a thanks to Akio, taking a slice of pizza and nibbling it a bit, before taking a large bite.

"It could use some anchovies. Maybe a few Wishiwashi?" Teiran asked herself, tilting her head.

She continued eating pizza, until she saw the island.

"Woo!" she shouted.

Brionne clapped her fins together, and twirled around in delight. Both Teiran and her partner were excited for new trials and showcases, which would build up to their destiny.

"Well, it looks like we'll be pulling in soon," Daniel said happily, putting his things, plus all of his pokemon away, "Shall we?"

Kemen returned all of his party, save for Don, whom he kept perched on his sleeve. "Mm. Let's get ready to set off," he added, "And check the dates and times of the showcase and contest in the city!"

Teiran nodded, and after finishing the slice of pizza, she crouched down, allowing Brionne to climb her shoulder. Then, Teiran stood up, and having all her items put away, she started to walk to the exit side of the ship.

"As well as look into the trials. So much to do, I am quite excited!" Duke said as he had also taken the time to recall his party minus Charizard as they approached the island. Duke was eager to see the Showcases and partake in the coming trials. Something matched by his partner Charizard who matched Duke's eager look with on of its own.

Akio got up and walked away. Akio brought his pizza box and returned all his Pokémon besides Marowak. "I agree!" Akio grinned and looked around. "I can't wait for this!" Akio rushed ahead with excitement leaving poor old Marowak to try and catch up.

"Well, see you on shore!" He said, and flew off on Skarmory with Marstomp on his back and Comfey floating behind him. "I'll grab supplies and get the scoop!" He yelled back, and flew off to the island.
--------------
Daymon flew over the city. He landed at the port and listened around. He didn't particularly like listening to other's conversations, but he wanted to give his friends the happenings when the ship arrived. Then he overheard something interesting.
"Have you heard?" "Yeah. The frozen menace has returned. And right when summer arrived." "Man, where will it strike next?"
Daymon wondered.... "What... Could the frozen menace be?"

"Ah, taking to the skies. Mind if we mimic that idea?" Duke asked Charizard who gave a nod before Duke climbed on his partners back before he faced the others.

"I want to explore around in the air, I'll meet you all at the dock." Duke explained before he took to the sky on the back of his Shiny Charizard as they flew through the town and Duke had to admit it was rather beautiful. By pure chance, it just so happened Duke overheard the same conversation Daymon before him had which caused him to raise an eyebrow as he moved to the dock.

Frozen menace?

Kemen wordlessly pushed Daniel down into the port, returning Don as they went outside, to meet the others, and to catch their first glimpse of the city. Malie City felt somewhat out of place, compared to everything they'd seen so far; it looked like it belonged in the feudal era of the Johto region, and even boasted its own garden and gym, not like the soft beaches, and sunsets that the other cities boasted. Still, it was a beautiful place nonetheless.

"Ula'ula, at last, we're here!" Daniel said happily, glancing around with starry eyes, "I can't wait to explore this place!"

Teiran walked off the ship, and looked around. She was greeted with a warm breeze, and a small pat from Brionne, who was just as excited.

“Ula’Ula! We’re here!” Teiran shouted.

Akio grinned and sent out Pidgeot. "Everyone else is flying so..." Akio hopped on the Goliath of a bird's back, and put out his hand. "Care for a ride?" Akio asked Teiran, Marowak jumped upon Pidgeot's wing and instantly fell asleep. Pidgeot met Teiran when Akio battled Duke a long while back!

Daymon flew down to everyone. "Hey! I got the latest scoop here on Ula' Ula.' Apparently this thing has appeared called the 'Frozen Menace.' I heard it's been going around this city and freezing everyone it runs into. I'd say we come and g-" he said, but was struck by a frost breath and frozen. "C-c-cold..."
Between the Marina and a patch of greenery was a strange shadow that seemed to be laughing. It also seemed to be the source of the ice, if it wasn't obvious to everyone.

"I see you've heard that as well Daymon." Duke said as he and Charizard landed with the group just as Daymon explained about this "Frozen Menace" that they had heard about.

Duke took note of the shadow, and the chill, and on instinct he and Charizard moved forward to the shadow to confront whatever opposed them. He may have been a trial challenger, but first and foremost he was a hero and now it had been time to answer the call and get to the bottom of this.

Teiran nodded to Akio and grabbed his hand, hopping on the Pidgeot. She opened her arms, and Brionne jumped into them, sitting in-between Akio and Teiran. She gave a gentle pet to Pidgeot and grabbed hold of Akio's waist. Then, she waited to fly off.

Daymon broke out of his icy shell and quickly sent out his Aggron. "Keep back.... Okay? This is my battle to fight." He said, glaring at the shadow. It leaped out with its body surrounded in a blizzard. "Aggron, Rock Slide!" He yelled, and Aggron unleashed many stones from the sky which fell and buried the strange Pokemon. It burst out and it was the amazing, powerful- oh wait, it's still in its mini-blizzard. It shot another Frost Breath, which froze Aggron's arms, which he struggled to get out of.

The Pokemon dodged both attacks with ease, but was struck by the offshoot of both attacks. It was knocked back, and it's mini-blizzard dissipated, revealing a... "Wait, that's a Snorunt." Daymon said, looking confused. "Snorunt!" It cried, attacking Aggron with tackle. It didn't do much damage, but it destroyed the ice on Aggron's arms. "Aggron, Hammer Arm!" He yelled, and Aggron's arm came down and...
Booooooooooom...
Snorunt was almost-fainted on the ground. Daymon smiled, and yelled; "Go, Pokeball!" And threw one at the Snorunt.
Roll.... Roll.......
Click!

"All right! I caught the Frozen Menace- er- Snorunt!" He yelled, holding up the Pokeball.

Daniel And Kemen eventually caught up to the source of the commotion, relieved to find that Daymon hadn't abandoned them, as they'd feared. The master performer was almost considering turning tail, and running away with Daniel, fearful of him getting hurt, or of him flaring up, due to the bitter cold.

"So, all of this fuss was over a snorunt," Kemen remarked.

Duke had to admit, when he discovered who the "Frozen Menace" was he could not help but have a little laugh over it.

"Great work Daymon, and nice catch. I have no doubt your new ice friend will be a strong member to your team." Duke complimented as Charizard seemed only mildly bummed it missed the fight. Though given it had been a Snorunt, it was nothing to lament over it decided.

Pidgeot flew above Ula'ula island giving a birds eye view. (Pun Intended). "There is so much to explore here! I'll let you decide where to go!" Akio let Teiran choose where they were going because Akio was out of ideas and also wanted to please her.