• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Then let's make your final key winning showcase a stellar performance!" Daniel declared, "And naturally, I'll do the same, for my final contest!"

Daniel held up his phone, expressing a little disgust, at how messy his auburn locks had gotten. "But first, we gotta look the part, I think, so let's go do a bit o'shopping!"

"Yeah... I could use a change of clothes... And maybe..." He said, but shrugged it off. "Nah, I'll save red dye for another time." He said, and went to the store. He felt a strange twinge that whoever was watching them was smiling. He didn't know how specifically, but he needed to get his mind off it. "Great for you! I bet one of you is going to win it all! I'm sure of it, my friends!" He said, and the thought slowly eased away from his mind.

"Indeed, do you best and I'm sure you will excel." Duke said in support of Teiran before he overheard the suggestion to get some new clothing. Duke had not been one to shop much, but as he gazed at his tattered cape he noted that perhaps a new set of clothing had been needed as he turned to the others.

"Getting some new clothes sounds good to me." Duke said as he showed his support of the suggestion.

Daniel sighed, and had Kemen push him inside as well, and the couple split up, as they went to get their supplies. Kemen loaded up on more practical items; potions, full heals, and pokemon food, before joining Daniel, who was busy looking at men's formalwear. He was in need of a spectacular outfit for the Grand Festival, especially for the final trick. One where he'd be flying around the stadium...

Kemen, meanwhile, went looking for a more casual outfit. He went to look a nice white shirt, one which better suited his current grey one, in the Alolan heat.

Daymon gathered up quite a lot of potions and other healing medicine to prepare for future onslaught battles. He then went to the apparel shop. He looked at his dusty jacket, shirt, and ripped pants. Yep. He could definitely use an update.
He went in and out of the booth quite a few times, checking out different outfits. Some of them were... Not his style. However, he settled for a black t-shirt with a blue Salamance disign, a new black leather jacket, some new grey jeans that looked worn (just his style) and a pair of blue and white shoes. He walked out, and smiled. Then, he went to the haircut place.
He sat in a chair, and changed his hairstyle to a more rugged look, if it wasn't rugged enough already. He walked out of that place too, and looked at the gang. "Whassup my Peeps! Like the new look!" He asked.

Teiran, who had been staring wondering where to go first, turned to Daymon, and was at first, shocked. Then she smiled brightly, and nodded, her eyes closed.

"You look absolutely adorable!" she said happily. "I should get my hair done."

Teiran looked at the hair reaching down to her ankles, and wondered what she would get.

"Should I get my hair done first, or try on some new clothes?" Teiran asked Daymon, tilting her head a bit.

Duke decided to first get needed supplies. He got himself some potions, full heals, full restores, berries and other items Duke felt would benefit him in future battles.

Duke then went to the clothing store, and got himself a new outfit the mirrored his old one. With one notable change, his cape this time had these orange flame designs on it as Duke figured that looked much better and reflected his fiery passion. Duke seemed quite satisfied.

Daniel, meanwhile, replaced his usual black jacket with a light grey cashmere cardigan, much better suited to the Alolan heat, and white converse. His Grand Festival outfit, however was going to be kept a secret from everyone, even Kemen, for now. Only Honchkrow and Lopunny got to see it, as he tried it on.

Carefully, Daniel leant forward in his chair, steadied by Lopunny, as Honchkrow gripped his shoulders, and then, with a little support from the big bird, he rose to his feet.

"Perfect," he decided, before going to meet Kemen outside his changing room. His performer boyfriend had chosen a long, loose white vest top, black skinny jeans, and white plimsolls.

"Thanks! Maybe some new clothing. I'm sure a change in your outfit would be nice for our trip to Ula' Ula'!" He said, smiling as Marstomp climbed on his back. Aggron and Comfey seemed to be playing charades with Skarmory as the judge. He looked down at his shirt. The Slalamance disign really reminded him of home- "There it is again!" He said, slightly agitated now at the feeling. "We should leave soon. I feel like someone is trying to burn a hole in my skull with their eyes." He said, and Marshtomp wiped a bit of sweat off his forehead. The Alolan heat was not his speciality. He wished he could get back to the crisper and more climatized Hoenn sea.

"Oh, okay." Teiran said, as she took a turn into the clothing shop.

When she walked inside, she was satisfied, for the cool air conditioning hit her face. She walked around the store, and found some clothes she wanted to try on, including the outfit she'd use for her last normal Showcase. She walked into the women's dressing room, and pulled on her adventure outfit. When she stepped out of the room, she was wearing a deep blue tank top, with white outline for the straps. Her shorts were the same, just a newer pair. She had her performance clothes around her arm, and decided she'd show her friends later.

"How much for these items?" she asked the lady at the counter.

"Hm...forty dollars." the lady said, dully.

Teiran handed her forty dollars, and was given a bag to hold her purchases in. She waltzed out of the clothes store, and immediately went into the hair salon. She decided just to get a style done, because her hair color was just the way she wanted it. She sat in a chair, and the lady styling her hair got to work. She asked how Teiran wanted her hair done, and Teiran said no bangs. She ended her decision with a new style, and some accessories. When she walked out of the hair salon. Her hair was no longer in a ponytail. The fronts of her hair were pulled to the sides, and at the back of her head, came into a long, big, thick braid that went down her back, and to her calves. She had flower accessories in her hair, as if multiple different flowers were growing in the silky blond strands. She twirled around.

"Does it look good? Maybe I should've gotten highlights. Does it match with my outfit? If it gets messed up, please tell me. I have the stylists number on speed-dile, so I can call her to refit my hair for more money. Is it okay?" she questioned, throwing it all out there.

Last edited:
Daymin gave a thumbs up. "It's great, and the best part about it is that there's no clashing. I'd say it's a slam d-" he started, but was cut off by an angry roar. It was Aggron, and it was stomping around uncontrollably. "Oh great. He lost a game of charades." He said, and retracted the Pokemon back into its capsule.

Teiran smiled, and nodded her thanks. She was really happy someone liked it.

"Thanks." she said, smiling with her eyes closed.

She then felt her hair, and smelled it, not noticing the weird habit. Her hair smelled like honey, in her opinion, and it felt soft. Whatever the lady did, she liked it, and was glad to have her number.

Duke eventually joined up with the others, and smiled as he looked at Teiran as he offered a thumbs up.

"Looking good there Teiran. I think it suits you well." Duke complimented as his Charizard played with Duke's newfound "blazed" cape as his partner gave Teiran the compliment.

Daniel and Kemen came out in their new adventure outfits, immediately noticing Teiran's new look.

"Nice," Daniel commented, "Kinda giving me Tangled vibes, y'know? Not that I meant that, as like, a bad thing, or anything..."

"I'm sure she knows what you mean, txiki," Kemen answered, ruffling his hair, "But I agree. You look like the part of princess, who just stepped out of a picture book."

Daymon shrugged. "Let's get moving. I'm sure the ferry is leaving in just a bit." He said, looking around. "Let's just hope the weird vibes I'm getting will come to pass." He said, smiling. Comfey put a floral reign around his neck, and he began to feel more soothed. Skarmory flew by his side, and Marshtomp. The whole team (besides the salty Aggron) was by his side no matter what.

Teiran blushed at their comments.

"Heh. Thanks." she said, giving a sheepish smile. "You guys look fabulous yourselves."

Then, her face got wide with realization.

"Oh right! The ferry!" she said, and in a minute, she was running off to the port.

Duke gave a chuckle before he and Charizard ran after Teiran as they also aimed to get to the ferry in time. A new part of their journey was just on the horizon and Duke was excited to see what was in store for them.

"Indeed," Daniel agreed, "To...Malie City, I believe this ferry goes to. The city with a Johto theme, or so I've heard..."

Kemen nodded. "They even have a gym there, like in the rest of the world," he added, "Though, they don't have a badge to give out...."

The performer pushed the coordinator toward the terminal, joining the others, for the next phase of their journey. Finally, the home-stretch was coming.

"Let's go, my friends!" He said, and entered the terminal. He walked up to the counter and said; "1 group ticket please!" Which was a ticket for 5-10 people. He looked back at the group and winked. "The ticket's on me, folks! Now let's get to the next island so I can catch a new Pokemon!" He said, grinning a bit dopily.

Teiran nodded her thanks to Daymon, and climbed onboard. She held Brionne close to her chest, and looked around. The ferry was nice. She walked over to the port side of the ship, and stood, looking at the waves and smiling.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier and Nova nodded and hurried about the boat. "A gym in Malie City? That's something you don't see any day." Glaicer said, grinning, "But no gym badge? Is Alola trying to reannact a Johtoian stage? Or just Malie City is trying to be a new Johto city?"

"Hard to say, we'll only know the details when we get there." Duke said to Glacier and Nova before he and Charizard climbed aboard the ferry after Teiran as Duke seemed eager for the ferry ride that was to come.

"Look at the waves, Brionne. Aren't they beautiful." Teiran said dreamily.

"Brio-ne!" The Pokemon chirped, smiling happily.

Teiran snuggled up with Brionne.

"I'm glad I have you..." she said, burying her nose into Brionne's head.

Brionne snuggled with her trainer as well, sharing the moment together. Then, they continued staring at the sea while other people got onboard.

Duke grinned, as he walked around the dock and had tossed one Pokeball out as he released his Gyarados who began to swim next to the ship and clearly enjoyed the open space of the sea. Duke would not stop there, as he soon released his whole part once more as he aimed to give them all leg room to enjoy the cruise. Donphan quickly found a spot to admire the horizon. Aipom made its way to the food court to get a pre dinner snack as Charizard remained by Duke's side while Fomantis admired the view of the deck and Rockruff watched Fomantis with a smile and mild blush on his face.

Akio was waiting in the boat and he saw all of his pals. "Hey guys." He noticed Teiran's new hair and outfit and blushed...a lot. He was lost for words...so he didn't speak. Marowak tried to do it for him. "Marow, wak, wik wak." (Everyone's here, let's enjoy our ride, I mean there is so much to do.) Akio nodded and pat Marowak on the head.

Kemen pushed Daniel up to join the others, performer and coordinator releasing their parties too. Plusle sat in Daniel's lap, while Lopunny went to hold his chair, and Serperior coiled around him. Kemen's pokemon all stood to attention, admiring the sea view.

Daymon walked onto the cruise. Aggron was too heavy and would probably send one side of the ship tilting, but the rest of his Pokemon were fine. He looked and saw Akio blushing. He knew he was reacting to Terian's new outfit. "I think it looks great on her too! By the way, you want to chill with me m8? We haven't really gotten the chance to know each other!" He said, giving two thumbs up, grinning.

Teiran turned to the two of them.

"I think that'd a great idea! You two could get to know each other!" she said, happily.

Then, Teiran released her team, the small ones huddled around the port side with her, and the bigger ones surrounding them, like body guards.

Akio turned to Daymon grinning. "Sure! I was thinking pizza." Akio turned to Marowak who was nodded aggressively at the Pizza idea. "What do you think Daymon?" He asked as Teiran said it would be a great chance for them to meet one another. Akio nodded, "Always great to make a new pal!"

Daymon nodded and smiled. "Mmmmm, Pizza! I could go for some Hoenn style with ham and maybe bacon!" He said, and his Marshtomp seemed like he could go for the same. "Maybe I could show you some of the not-lame pictures of Hoenn with my friends and siblings!" He said, pulling out his Pokenav.

"Pizza you say. I could go for that, if you don't mind if I have a slice. And I would love to see pictures of you back in Hoenn if you are willing to show them." Duke said, as he had overheard the food discussion and seemed interested in the meal suggestion. As was his Charizard who seemed to like the idea of some pizza though Duke's immediate focus had been on Daymon's Pokenav.

"I would have an Alolan pizza, ham and pineapple!" Akio's mouth watered. Akio then turned to Duke and charizard. "Great! Let's all get pizza, I'll pay!" Akio suggested. "See you later, Teiran." Akio gave a faint smile, Marowak was hungry so he tugged Akio's leg and pointed to the restaurant. "Alright, alright, let's go!"

They walked into the restaurant and sat down. ((Sorry for the bit of Godmodding, it made the transition quicker.)) He began to sort through his pictures rather quickly, deleting the ones that he didn't need and putting a few in a separate folder. The place was fairly empty so the waiter walked up and asked; "Would you like your drinks and food now. Most people know what they want before they get here." He said, and Daymon nodded. "I'll take one medium-teen pizza please." He said, and the waiter wrote it down quickly. Ten waiter then turned to the others for an order.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"You know....Just let me have a water. I'm not all that hungry." Glaicer said and sent out his Dartrix, the Pokemon appearing and perching on his shoulder. Glacier grimaced in slight pain as Dartrix had a good grip on Glacier's arm. How should I know to get shoulder pads?! He thought angrily.

"Um....I'll just have a cheese pizza." Nova said, "And some Tea, please." Espeon nuzzled Nova and the trainer smiled, then proceeded to pet her partner.

"We'll take a large half and half," Daniel began, "One half slowpoke tail and red onion, and the other half with mixed peppers, and Italian sausage."

"And two sparkling waters," Kemen added, "And twelve orders of pokemon food."

(@HacJ , please ask in the discussion thread. It’s on the first reply, with a link.)

Teiran was a bit disappointed that everyone had been invited but her. That, or people intruded on Akio and Daymon’s plans. But she had just eaten, and so had her Pokémon, so Teiran was okay in the end. She continued to stare at the ocean, petting her Pokémon in the process.

Duke decided to stay close to Teiran as it seemed others had gotten into Akio and Daymon's plans which had been disheartening but nothing that would not be resolved.

"The view is quite lovely. If you still desire pizza I can make us some. Sure the Pokemon would appreciate it." Duke offered Teiran with a friendly smile.

Akio stared into space thinking of his favourite person when he realised they were ordering. "Oh, I'll have a alolan...adult sized." Akio said, big mouth, big stomach. "Could I get that takeaway?" Akio asked really badly wanting to see Teiran. That's the kind of thing love does to a person. Akio didn't want to hurt the others but...he just got back to her.

The water nodded, and said; "It may take some time. Rest for the time being." and walked back into the kitchen. Daymon pulled out his Pokenav again and said; "Hey! I found this really cool picture from after my battle against Flannery, the Lavaridge gym leader!" He said, showing them a picture. It showed 4 kids. A younger Daymon was in it taking the selfie, with two blonde haired boys wearing the exact same green-baised outfit, Obviously twins, and a young girl with red-pink hair wearing a pink tank top and black sweats. The three were doing peace signs, but Daymon on his fee hand heald up a Lavaridge Badge. "This is me, and the twins Bryan on the left and Micheal on the right, and the girl being Katie!" He said, smiling. They all looked so happy, like they had just been screaming and raving in joy.