• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Oh, so you have an older sister?" Duke asked with a smile as he walked up to Daymon and his older sister Reyna while Duke still held the injured Fomantis in his arms and Rockruff remained by his side as he kept a glare directed at Daymon and his Snorunt.

"Hello there, my name is Duke. A pleasure to meet you." Duke said, as he began to do a series of Power Rangers-style poses with Fomantis in his arms as he had given Reyna his traditional greeting poses. Which likely appeared silly to an outsider.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier waved to Reyna. "Hey....I'm Glacier, this is my sister, Nova." He said, introducing himself and Nova. He grinned a little to see another sibling of his friend. Zoroark was still outside the Pokeball and she nudged Glacier. "Right....and this is Zoroark." He added.

Kemen sighed over the whole charade once more, deciding that it would probably be best if they didn't go with Teiran. He didn't want to drag her into their mess any further.

"She got in the middle of some drama between myself, Daniel, and some kid named calling himself Ansel," the performer answered, "I'd tell you, but it'd be best if you didn't get involved too"--

Daniel held his hand up. "No. We should warn him," he said coolly, "About how rude he was the contest staff, threatening to get his daddy involved if they didn't let him in the contest tomorrow, even though he doesn't have a contest pass. About how he treated us like we were"--

Kemen shook his head. "I know you're mad, txiki, but we don't need to broadcast our drama to the whole world. It'll just make things messy for everyone. So for everyone's sake, let's be the bigger people, let this go, and you just focus on your contest tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok," Daniel eventually said.

The performer took his partner's chair, turning in the other direction. "Our apologies. We'll leave you some time to cool off," and he pushed him away.

Teiran rolled her eyes at Daniel's behavior, as he continued to destroy Ansel's reputation behind his back. And what made it worse was that he knew it made Teiran uncomfortable.

"Let's just go in." she growled, shoving through the doors after dropping Akio's wrist.

"Actually, I have a twin sister, two older ones, Reyna being the oldest, and two older twin brothers at the age of 17. Me and my twin are the youngest in my family." Daymon said, getting over his confusion. Reyna nodded, and smiled. "Nice to meet you all! So you're Duke-" she said, and made a small laugh at his poses, "-and Glacier and Nova. Daymon's talked about you guys quite a bit. I suppose there also was... Um... Daniel, Akio, Terian, Kemen... And... I can't remember any of the others." She said, shrugging. "I'm surprised you even remember any of them, Mrs. Forgetful-" Daymon said, but Reyna grabbed him by the arm and gave him a noogie. "Be quiet!" She said, grinning as Daymon was saying things like; "Cut it out!"

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel checked into the hotel. He struggled with the receptionist trying to inquire why his money looked more than a little off-color, with him trying to explain that it was Sinnohian money, and he had had trouble transferring it before coming to Alola. The receptionist naively fell for it, and for the hassle he upgraded Ansel to a larger suite. Pleased with his performance, Ansel went upstairs to the room. There was space for Parigoria to fly around and nest up, while the rest of his Pokemon wandered around before ultimately laying on Ansel's bed. Ansel had rushed to get away from the others, and happily went to sleep, excited for the morning.

Duke chuckled at the sibling banter, and even the hurt Fomantis had a smile on its face as it rested in Duke's arms while Rockruff looked at the Grass-type with concern.

"Ah, nothing quite like a family reunion." Duke said with a smile to Daymon and his sibling which caused him to think back to a certain Junior Agent of his on Johto. Duke had to make a call to her to tell her more about his travels and just to check in with her.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier gave Nova a noogie and laughed, causing Nova to punching him with no forced. "You know its hilarious." He reminded, "So just go with it." Nova shoved Glacier's hand off of her head and scowled but started laughing too.

Reyna stopped, and then asked; “Hey, where ARE those other ones?” She asked. “They must be around either the showcase or contest halls.” Daymon said, shrugging. “Well, I’d like to meet them. Also, your friends heard I was going, so Katie gave me this letter from all your friends.” Reyna said, handing it to him.
Daymon grinned, and he tore open the letter, qnd took out the letter, written in three different handwritings. He read it, and he began laughing. “Man, they really know how to make a guy feel missed!” He laughed, implying that the letter was really sarcastic.

"Thanks." Teiran said, finally smiling for real.

She checked into the hotel, and received a normal room for an average price for a night. She walked to the elevator, and pressed the third floor button. She arrived at the third floor in seconds, and holding Brionne. She checked into room 304, and made herself at home. She set her stuff on one of the two beds, and started to mess with her Pokegear. Brionne had just started sleeping.

Duke smiled at this, seeing Daymon happy and his friends send good work back to him was always a positive in his eyes. But then he overheard Reyna's request which Duke had no issues with given it would be wise to regroup with Teiran and the others.

"Indeed. They are either there or at the hotel. We should get going, I'm sure they'd love to meet you." Duke said with that friendly grin of his.

SaiyanDakon

"I'm not one for hotels...so I'm staying outside. Being in the wilderness is...comforting." Glacier admitted, grinning a little. Zoroark nodded and curled up on the ground.

Nova sighed. "As much as I want to stay in a hotel....wait, Duke..can I bunk with you this time instead of Glacier?" She asked.

Akio followed Teiran and asked. "By the way, I haven't kept track of time, what time is the show?" Akio asked. Marowak was sick of being dragged around and seared Akio's leg. "What the heck dude?"

"It starts early in the morning. Four o'clock, I think?" she said.

She opened the door for Akio, and let him inside. Brionne walked over to Marowak and tried to pry him off of Akio's leg with her flippers.

Daniel lay on the other side of the bed, trying to calm himself down enough to sleep, as Kemen went to take a shower. Deep down, he knew that his partner was right, but he really was struggling to let Ansel's rudeness go.

He thought back to his first contest in Kalos, where a coordinator named Sophie had made fun of him, and treated him like he was an alien for being gay, and how she'd treated him like he was stupid for being in a wheelchair. He thought about how rude she'd been to the staff, mouthing off to them and demanding to be given free entry, plus the ribbon at every contest she entered, or else she'd get her daddy involved. He thought about the time he'd found an egg abandoned in the forest, and decided to take it in and raise it as his own pokemon, and she'd tried to steal it from him. Ansel reminded him so much of her, that it was actually pretty scary.

"Feeling any better babe?"

The boy stirred at the sound of his boyfriend's voice. "A little..."

Kemen sat on the side of the bed, gently ruffling his curls. "Just let it go, babe," he said softly, "Don't let one bad night ruin your contest tomorrow night, ok?"

Finally back on focus, Daniel nodded. "Ok," he answered, budging over, to make room for Kemen.

Duke blinked at this, not having expected that from Nova but he was quick to think of an answer.

"I would hold no reservations about it." Duke said to Nova with a smile. As he returned both Fomantis and Rockruff while he faced Glacier's sibling.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier shrugged. "It's fine with me. Sometimes even we siblings need time apart from each other." He laughed a little and patted Zoroark on her head, smiling at Nova.

Nova nodded and smiled at Duke. Espeon was somewhere off, dozing and dreaming most likely.

Daymon and Reyna nodded. “We should get going. I’ll bunk with you in the hotel t’night, if that’s okay.” Said Reyna, and Daymon nodded. “Sure! Let’s go meet up with Terian and Akio. I’m sure Daniel and Kemen have their own place to stay, so let’s go find the others.” He said, and walked toward the hotel, Reyna in tow.
Daymon ended up calling Akio on his Pokénav, since he was a bit lost. “Hey, Akio? Do you know where we’re staying? I’ve got a special surprise when we get there!” He said into the phone.

"Well then, I typically like to camp by the hotel of where we stay out. Mind if we tail Daymon and Reyna back to the hotel?" Duke asked Nova as it seemed they were now gonna bunk with each other which the Poke-Protector had not minded in the least.

Duke's Charizard seemed equally ready for a more relaxing night ahead. And the wonderful Contests & Showcases that were to come tomorrow. Not that it could see them mind you, a point the Fire-Type remained bitter about.

SaiyanDakon

Nova nodded. "We should hurry. I don't want anyone to get worried." She agreed. Espeon woke up and trotted over to Duke.

Glacier snickered and eyed Espeon. "Where have you been?" He muttered, asking himself. Worry? I should be worried...heck our Pokemon ought to be worried. Team Skull thugs are on Alola but Duke is a Pokemon Protector so....we're good. He thought.

"Indeed, let us make hast and rejoin the party!" Duke said with a grin before Duke turned to leave; though he saw the Espeon and smiled at it before he began to lead Nova to the hotel.

Charizard glanced over at the Espeon, and before it left decided to give a quick chat to it. With a sarcastic tongue to it.

"Char. Zar Zard." (Hey, enjoy your nap?)

SaiyanDakon

Nova followed Duke with slight smile motioned for Espeon to follow her. "Come on, Espeon. You wouldn't want to get left behind." She insisted.

Espeon gave a small yawn and looked up at Charizard. "Eon...Espeon." (Yeah...A little tired still.)

Once Kemen was settled, Daniel glanced over at his service pokemon. Lopunny nodded, and went to prepare his contest outfit for the next day, as her master and his partner went to sleep.

As soon as she was done folding up his clothes, and folding up his wheelchair, she went to the corner, where all of the other pokemon were, and fell asleep bundled up with them.

"Char. Zard Charizard?" (I can see that much. You already had a nap though, did you exhaust yourself that much?)

Duke soon arrived outside the hotel as he led Nova there and had a grin on his face as he quickly went to work to set up camp. Given Duke's survival skills, he had a tent up in no time while he then laid a blanket next to said tent and turned to Nova.

"You can have the tent, should be nice and comfortable there." Duke said as he gave Nova the tent he normally reserved for himself as Duke intended to use the blanket and pillow outside to sleep on. Given his preference for camping rather than use of hotel rooms.

SaiyanDakon

Espeon shrugged and flopped into the tent. "Eon....Espeon." (No...I just like sleeping)

Nova nodded to Duke. "Thanks, Duke." She smiled and hugged Duke before going inside the tent. Glacier recalled Zoroark and sent out Dartrix. "All right bud...let's try getting you stronger." He said, but Dartrix tilted its head slightly.

Charizard gave a nod, it could understand the logic behind that as Duke took a moment to use a potion on Fomantis and heal her general wounds from the battle as Rockruff released itself and looked on with concern. Charizard sat next to Duke as it overheard the conversation.

"Don't worry Fomantis, you'll get stronger. And I will help you get there, if you want you and Fomanis can spar a bit if you want?" Duke offered as Fomantis smiled and gave a nod. Duke then had Fomantis and Rockruff spar for the night to get some practice in before bed.

Daymon, not reviving an answer, called Akio again. Reyna had a pretty good idea where the hotel might be, but there were so many that it was hard to tall. “H-hello? Akio, Are you there??” He asked into his Pokénav.

SaiyanDakon

Nova smiled when Espeon came inside the tent. She patted the Eeveelution's head and curled up next to it. Espeon yawned and fell asleep almost instantly.

"Dartrix, Razor Leaf!" Glacier commanded. Dartrix fired sharp leaves at the tree, causing them to get stuck. "Maybe you should get a target...so we can get some more accuracy points." Glacier murmured.

Duke would have Rockruff and Fomantis spar with each other, trying to develop new strategies for both before he recalled his team and would lay on the blanket as he watched the stars with Charizard by his side before the pair went to sleep. Ready for whatever was to await them tomorrow.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier smiled and had Dartrix come back into his Pokeball. "Good work, buddy." He said, putting the Pokeball on his belt. He then had Zoroark come out. The dark type nuzzled Glacier and the boy patted Zoroark's head. "Night, Zoroark..." He whispered and sat against a tree.

“Ey Akio! It’s me! Where are we staying for the night? I have a surprise for you when we get there!” He said into his Pokénav. Reyna, who was next to him, was grinning. She’d heard a lot about Terian and Akio. “The two are dating, right?” She’d asked, and Daymon nodded, and said; “From what I’ve gathered, yes.” And covered a speaker on his Nav’ to make sure Akio didn’t hear.

“Arright! Everything’s cool here! I’ll show you the surprise tomorrow morning!” He said, and hung up. “We’ll get our own place.” Reyna said, And Damon nodded, knowing this was the only option currently.
They took up residence at a nearby four-star motel. It wasn’t much, but it worked. The two, after reading on their beds for a bit, became very tired.
Soon after, they both crashed.

Teiran couldn't sleep well, thinking about her performance. She woke up at 3:30 A.M, and jumped out of bed after looking at the clock. She ran to Akio's bed, and shook his shoulders, trying to wake him.

"Akio! Akio!" she whisper-shouted. "I'll be late if we don't leave! The performance is in thirty minutes and I won't have my makeup and costume on if we don't leave now! And I need to sign in!"

Daymon awoke with a jolt. He heard quite a lot of clutter from upstairs. Then he remembered everyone was getting ready for- “Terian’s showcase!” He yelled, jumping to his feet. He saw Reyna getting up to, And they both went into their separate bathrooms to get dressed so they could go.