• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake listened to Dante's opinion about people and boy did it hit him hard. "I guess I never really thought about it like that. I just hated them all these years for no reason I guess." he said. Dante then got out the suitcases and Blake grabbed a couple blankets and pillows and smiled. "Thanks for all this Dante. I never really had anyone do this much for me until I met you." he said with a smile before leaving to find those stairs he wad told about.

The boy found the stairs easily and descended them. He made it to the bottom sleeping area and found a bunch of Dante's crew mates who were all sitting down there telling stories about their dreams and Pokemon adventures. Blake picked a place to set his stuff down and got settled in. He listened to the stories hoping to learn things that he didn't know before. Some of the crew mates began to notice him and smiled at how intensely he was focused on the stories.

"Aye, him and his Wingull...Peeko i think 'er name was had managed to survive on a wee little raft out at sea for 2 months!" Said the mate telling a story.

"I hear he survived because he made a deal with a Gorebyss, the poor man had to let the thing drain him of his-" the man got cut off by another crew member slapping him on his bakd head and saying. "Oy mate, we've got a kid down 'ere. Keep the blood and gore to a minimum, we dont want em going up and whining to Dante that we were freaking em out no do we?" The man said.

The man telling the story apologized and continued the story. "Well anyway, after that scurvy dog Briney held up his part of the bargain the Gorebyss took em back to the shores of Slateport." He finished.

(I tried to be creative lol)

Houndoom launched at the School of Wishiwashi with full force, knocking it back. "Alright! Hit it with a Dark Pulse!" Houndoom charged up a Dark Pulse, and the Wishiwashi dove under, and came back up and used Water Gun.

Houndoom was launched back, but was still holding on. Houndoom used another Dark Pulse, this time hitting the Wishiwashi. The power of the Nasty Plots was a devastating blow on Wishiwashi.

It landed back on the land, and was fainted. "Alright! Houndoom, great job!" Houndoom smiled, and Roger gave him a Potion to heal him.

Roger finally threw the Pokeball at Wishiwashi, and it broke free. "..." said Roger. He threw another one, it was finally caught. "That works."

Houndoom and Roger at a Wishiwashi apiece, and was full. "Houndoom, want to train with your new ally or just rest some more?" Houndoom yawned, so it was obvious. "Alright, I'll be back, gotta go heal this Wishiwashi.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake listened to the story about the Wingull and the Gorebyss. He didn't quite catch the part of the story where the man got drained of his something but it didn't really matter to the boy that much. Blake began to get more tired as the story continued until he eventually just drifted off and fell asleep.

Dante went over a few things that could help Blake with his training. He was planning on a good opening session about the physical and special capabilities of moves and type advantage before he finally decided to go to sleep.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake slept through the night dreaming of his Chimchar becoming this super strong super powerful Pokemon. He saw his fully-evolved Chimchar as an Infernape smashing all of it's opponents with it's powerful punches. Nothing stood a chance against it. He was beating all of his island challenges and earning Z-Crystals like crazy. Blake really hoped that it was reality but sadly it wasn't.

The boy sat up in his hammock and sighed, "That was really something." he said to himself peering out the porthole window. "It's morning...It's morning!" the boy exclaimed quietly, making sure not to wake anyone else. He quickly grabbed Chimchar's Pokeball and opened it. Chimchar came out right on top of the boy. He sat in Blake's lap and the boy smiled at his Pokemon. "Today we start training with Dante Chimchar. I hope you're ready to get really strong!" he said excitedly, but still quietly.

Dante was already up and topside awaiting Blakes arrival. He was sitting on the mast with his Blaziken thinking of what to teach his new student. He found it odd to think of it like that. He was only 17 and he had already accomplished so much. He was the captain of his only swashbuckling crew of sea dogs, completed the Island Challenge, and took on the Hoenn league. Now all of a sudden he has a student that is eager to learn from him. "Oh the mysteries of life." He said giving a yawn. "Not gonna lie Roy, i thought i'd have a girlfriend before i had a student." He laughed. The Blaziken shook trying to act mature but eventually gave in.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake walked around with Chimchar on his shoulders trying to find out where Dante was at. He eventually made it up to the open part of the ship. He walked out on the deck and looked up at the sun. "Man it's bright outside today." he said. Chimchar smacked Blake in the head and make a noise. Blake looked up at his partner and saw him pointing behind the boy. The young trainer turned around and looked up at the mast. "Oh hey Dante. I'm guessing we're gonna start our training now." he said with a smile. "Chimchar!" the Pokemon exclaimed, jumping off of it's trainers shoulders.

"Sorry." Was all Dante said before his Blaziken immediately jumped down from the mast and unleashed a flurry of kicks in the Chimchars direction. "In order to wake you up lets work on that speed and reflex's." He said winking at the Chimchar. "This is what you got yourself into so you better dodge before its to late." Dante said right when his Blaziken prepared a Double Kick for the Chimchar.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake was confused when Dante said sorry but then he saw Blaziken coming down swinging. It was a Double Kick attack and Blake knew Chimchar was not going to be able to take that hit, especially from Dante's Blaziken. "Chimchar quickly jump back and get out of the way!" the boy shouted. The fire monkey quickly leaped backwards and looked back to it's trainer for approval. Blake was freaking out, "No no Chimchar! It's Double Kick! There's another one!" he said, but it was too late. The little Pokemon was nailed in the face with a kick from Blaziken and sent rolling across the deck. Blake ran over to his Pokemon and dropped to his knees. "Chimchar are you okay?" he asked. The fire type got back up with determination and smiled, "Chimchar!" it yelled out. Blake smiled, "Well at least you're okay." he said.

But the Blaziken wasn't finished. If He was to help train this kid and his Pokémon he was going to do it right. The Blaziken prepared its signature attack, Blaze Kick. "Blake move!" Dante yelled. Blaziken knew that it was being hard on the Chimchar but it was for the best. If this little monkey was to be a fighter it had to move like one. "I know you care about your Chimchar but when in a "Pokémon" battle, please don't get in between the Pokémon." Dante laughed. Blaziken was coming in hot with its attack, pun 100% intended.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake realized what he was doing. If Chimchar was going to grow and get stronger then he had to step back and let him do that. "Right, sorry." he said as he distanced himself from his partner. Chimchar looked at Blaziken and it's attack with fire in it's eyes. At the right moment which was dictated by Chimchar, he jumped into the air and completely avoided the powerful kick. The fire monkey then landed right back on the deck and turned around to face Blaziken. "Awesome job Chimchar!" Blake shouted from the side lines.

"Alright, good warm up." Dante said clapping. "I can see that you are awake but now its time to see if you have the brains for battle." Dante dropped off the mast and landed on the deck. "So, do you know type match ups? When a certain type is effective or ineffective against another type." He asked. "And if you're worried about more training in battle we will get back to that in a bit so don't you worry." He smiled ruffling the kids hair.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Brains for battle huh?" the boy asked himself, repeating Dante's question. "Well type match-ups I have no clue about. Maybe some of the basic ones like fire and water but after that it's a blank screen for me." the boy said sheepishly. "Yeah I'm sure Chimchar is eager to get strong enough to evolve soon. He can evolve right?" Blake asked, just to be sure.

"Indeed the little bugger can. He can evolve twice in fact like my Blaziken, it started as wee Torchic just spitting Embers, then evolved into a fine Combusken where it could hone its martial arts and speed before it became a mighty Blaziken that has kicks with immense speed and power behind them. As for your Chimchar, it also starts of as a wee little thing spitting of Embers or in your case Flamethrowers." He laughed. "Then it evolves into a Monferno, where it can also hone its martial arts and speed but mainly with its arms and hands unlike a Combusken which trains its legs. Then when Monferno evolves it takes the form of a great ape. Infernape is an astounding martial artist because well its a monkey. But imagine if a Blaziken taught a Chimchar to use its legs aswell... Now thats a thought.

Anyway i've gotten of track. Type match-ups can seem pretty difficult at first but trust me its a lot harder to teach someone about it than actually learning and understanding the concept." Dante spent the next few minutes drawing a diagram of all the types and how they react with each other. "There you are, type match-ups is all about thinking logically, fire burns grass and melts ice, water turns ground to mud and douses fire it even erodes rocks, Grass drinks water and lives in the earth and rocks, electricity can easily travel through water because water is a conductor while earth is an insulator, and much... much more...." He said catching his breath and passing the type chart to Blake. "Everything you need to know is on that sheet. Study it, and study it well. Not gonna say i will quiz you but... I WILL QUIZ YOU!" Dante smiling.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake listened with a bright smile on his face as Dante talked about Chimchar's evolution into an Infernape. "Wow sounds like Chimchar can get really strong." he said excitedly. He then watched as Dante drew out the typing chart and felt like his brain was gonna blow a gasket or something like that. He was frying out there trying to figure out how all this worked. The boy could barely process all that stuff and they hadn't even gotten to the weird ones like Ghost, Psychic, and Dark. He flipped to the back of the chart that Dante gave him and sure enough all the info was there for the types that weren't covered on the front only with, less logical applications. "I'm sure I'll get it somehow." he said with a nervous smile. Even Chimchar was stumped at all of the types and their relationships.

"Well lad, all im doing is getting you ready for what inevitably will come. You will learn through experience and battles if not through a type chart." After giving Blake an hour or so with the type chart, Dante moved on to the final lesson. "Alright the last thing is the types of attacks that a Pokémon can use as in Physical, Special, and Status/Stat Boosting/Stat Lowering." Dante went on. "Now you see, a Physical attack is an attack that makes contact with the opponent, like most of my Blazikens moves such as Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, High-Jump Kick, Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch and so on. Then their are Special attacks like Flamethrower, Razor Leaf, Water Gun, Psychic, Shadow Ball which does not involve your Pokémon touching your opponnts. Stat Boosters like my Scizors Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance all power up your Pokémon.......Pokémon sure like dancing... While Stat Lowering like Scary Face, Leer, Growl, Baby Doll Eyes make your opponent weaker. And then Status inflicting like Will-O-Wisp which inflicts Burn, Confuse Ray which causes Confusion, Thunder Wave which inflicts Paralysis, Poison Powder inflicts Poison, Toxic which makes a Pokémon badly Poisoned, and Spore which causes Sleep. That is all the types of attacks and even the status ailments haha." He laughed scratching his head.

"I get to be with my pokemon, too, y'know," Daniel answered, "It's just that in contests, I have certain constraints to work around, plus a battle round."

Daniel sorted his next few pokemon out, by attaching seals which he thought complimented them. A petal seal for Serperior, to go with his petal dance attack, and a lightning seal for Plusle, as well as a twinkle seal, for Honchkrow, were to be used...

About a half hour later, all of the performances were over, and it was time to decide who got to go to the battle rounds.

"And the results are in!"

Daniel whirled around, to look at the screen on the backstage T.V. Now, it was time to see if he really had a shot at winning today...

"The eight lucky coordinators moving on to round two are..."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake was absolutely surprised when Dante was giving him even more information about the types of attacks. "Okay so physical andd special and the status ones and the stat boosts and lowering." he said, making sure he had them all down. "I'm guessing making a chart for those would take way too long so I'll just go ahead and wing it until I get used to them." the boy said, laughing a bit.

"That's how i did it." He said. "Now we can spar. Blaziken will help your Chimchar with its martial arts for now before we get into anything to serious like that little warm up." Dante laughed. Blaziken was waiting outside bouncing on its feet to keep itself ready to move. "Your task is to snatch that medallion from my Blaziken's neck before noon or Clancy wont be making any dinner for ya tonight pal. Pretty much how this will work is nobody will be coming topside until noon so your Chimchar can go all out as my Blaziken keeps it away by any means necessary. This is to help Chimchar learn hand to hand combat by making it chase after my Blaziken and forcing it into a situation where it has to multitask and divide its time and mind to blocking, striking, and taking the medallion. Have fun you three, I've got some more sleeping to catch up on seeing as its only 6:00." He gave a big yawn and then with a smile rushed to his room to enjoy the rest of his morning in a comfy bed.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake listened as Dante explained the next exercise and smiled, "Well that doesn't seem so hard." he said. "Alright Chimchar you heard him. All you have to do is grab that medallion off of Blaziken's neck. You think you can do that?" he asked. His Chimchar jumped up and down with a smile of determination. "Alright then go for it buddy!" he shouted as Chimchar leaped towards Blaziken reaching for the medallion.

Blaziken saw the the small little fire monkey leap at it and kicked sand at it with a Sand Attack and laughed jumping up onto to the mast.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Chimchar was hit by the sand and was blinded. The monkey missed it's target and hit the deck, tumbling across it until he came to a stop. He wiped the sand from his eyes and looked up only to find Blaziken laughing on top of the mast. Chimchar growled and leaped back and forth, hopping from pole to pole as he began his climb up to the mast. He got to where Blaziken was and tried something new. He used Fury Swipes, which granted him extra range due to the energized white claws that grew from his knuckles, and tried to swipe at the medallion.

Normally, Blaziken would unleash a Flamethrower just to keep the opponent at bay but since this is training he would play far and give the poor thing a chance. So instead of using a ranged attack it went up close and personal meeting the monkey in the air, but not with its legs, this time it would use its claws. The Blaziken sprang at the Chimchar striking it with a Crush Claw from above. But it was all a ruse as the Blaziken faked its attack getting in close and avoiding the Fury Swipes just to plant one foot in the monkeys head and launch itself back up off of the Chimchars head to get even higher up onto the mast while sending the Chimchar downwards. The Blaziken was toying around and has yet to get serious making that point very clear as it laughed again.

Last edited:
Zara was in the audience, her Pokemon out with her. She cheered upon seeing that Daniel would be moving on to the next round, happy for her new friend's success. Zap did another loop-de-loop in excitement, causing several other audience members to stare. Some of them laughed, some clapped, but some shot glares at the enthused Electric Type.

(Aspen, Daniel didn't win yet)
Teiran crossed her fingers, in hope of Daniel going onto the next round. Popplio saw this, and crossed his fins, as he made an X with his fins, trying to cross them like fingers. Teiran saw this, and giggled, but went back to waiting, sweating over her friend's access to the next level. "You can do it." She said, in a hush voice.

"On screen now!"

Daniel watched the screen intently, as the coordinators' profiles popped up. One, two, three, four...

Five, six...

And then, Daniel's profile was the seventh to show up on screen.

He exhaled heavily, relieved that he was getting to go to round two. Now, all he had to do was win four battles in a row...

He glanced down at Plusle's pokeball, deciding that he wanted to use her in his first battle. He was having second thoughts about her seal, though... Perhaps an outside opinion would be good for him.

"I'm going to use Plusle, for my first battle," he announced, "But what seal should I put on her pokeball? The lightning, or the ribbons?"

Emily watched the battle. She paid close attention to the techniques used and the way the Pokemon interacted in the battle. She kept quiet and smiled as she watched. It was an exciting battle. She helped her vulpix in her arms.

Teiran pumped a fist in the air, as a sign for relief. "Great job Daniel!" She shouted, happily picking up Popplio and throwing him up in the air and catching him. Teiran looked at him, in awe of how he worked with his Pokemon so well. Well enough to get him to the battle round.
(Fire tamer, the battle hasn't started yet)

(AHEM. Aren't you reading the RP, Firetamer123? There are no battles going on right now)

"First contest, and I'm already off to a good start," Daniel chuckled, "Now, let's see if I can win this thing!"

He eventually decided on the lightning seal, sticking it on the ball capsule, before snapping it over Plusle's pokeball. He glanced over at the coordinator who he appeared to be matched up with, who was using a gorebyss. A shiny one, too... But with the type advantage he had with Plusle, he was bound to win.

Teiran decided to push to the front of the crowd, so she could see better. On her way, she saw a girl with a Vulpix, cheering with the crowd. "Hey! The names Teiran! Who are you cheering for, or did you just come for fun?" Teiran asked, walking over to her, Popplio on her shoulder.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched intensely as Chimchar was sent downwards by the Blaziken who used him as a springboard to get even higher. The fire monkey was falling and Blake began to run towards him. He then remembered what Dante said and stopped in his tracks. He clenched his fists, "Chimchar you can do it!" he shouted. The monkey was able to control his fall and grabbed the nearest pole, digging his claws into it to slow his fall. Chimchar then pushed off of it and sent himself back towards Blaziken. He bounced back and forth between the poles in order to get higher. Chimchar passed Blaziken and kept going. He jumped off and came down at Blaziken.

"You got this Chimchar!" Blake yelled as his Pokemon fell through the sky towards Blaziken. Fire began to swell in the monkey's mouth and Blake thought he was going for ember but instead the Pokemon began to roll like a ball. The fire escaped from Chimchar's mouth and cloaked him as he spun. "That's Flame Wheel! Go Chimchar!" he yelled. The monkey attempted to slam straight into Blaziken with it's new attack.

With the first battle about to begin, Daniel had Lopunny push him on stage.

"Five minutes on the clock, and begin!"

Daniel carefully threw Plusle's pokeball, and a burst of lightning, resulting from the seal, erupted from the pokeball, before Plusle appeared. The opposing coordinator's gorebyss appeared in a swirling vortex of rainbow bubbles.

"Gorebyss, use bubblebeam!" The opposing coordinator ordered.

The gorebyss did as it was told, blowing bright blue bubbles at Plusle. Daniel let the bubbles surround Plusle, before giving his order.

"Plusle, use attract!"

Plusle shot out shimmering hearts at the bubbles, causing them to burst on contact with them, and cover her in a soft pink shower. The opposing coordinator's point counter buzzed, with Daniel having successfully stolen the spotlight.

Roger walked back to base camp. He yawned. "Houndoom.. Im so tired.." Houndoom was still asleep. "Alright..."

Houndoom yawned extremely loud as Roger crept around him. "If I keep moving slowly, I can-" he was interrupted by stepping on a twig. He frantically looked at Houndoom, who was still sound asleep. "Phew."

Roger began to sit by the water, staring at his reflection. He saw something he never saw in his eyes before...

(Read the rules, and the so far RP.)
"Breaking news!" Sophie said to herself in her bathroom staring at her mirror. "Amazing Litten rescued from the dangerous Maractus!" Her Litten giggled, Maractus made an ominous look to make itself look dangerous. "That concludes todays report! I'll be back at 5, with an update that has the city in fashion and battling!" Sophie smiled. "I can feel it guys, we are on the verge of becoming a great news reporter!" Litten yawned. Sophie rolled her eyes, and her mom yelled from downstairs .
"Sophie, we are already running late!" Her mom exclaimed from downstairs.
"Coming mom!" Sophie replied, returned her Pokemon and ran downstairs.

"Nice to meet you Emily! This is my Popplio! The battles starting, so we should start watching." Teiran said, as her eyes fixed from Emily, to Daniels battle. "Go Daniel!" Teiran yelled, as she put a fist in the air.