• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"What the-" Dante stuttered catching himself before he fell over. Someone had bumped into him from behind. He spun around watching the girl stumble about with her Popplio trying to gather her bearings. "My apologies ma'am! I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of tye sidewalk" He said bowing his head. "I gotta watch where im standing next time." He said laughing a bit.

"It's completely fine, and I must apologize as well." Teiran said, while giving a close eyed smile at the bay she walked into. "The names Teiran! What's yours?" She asked, holding out her hand, while clutching to her Popplio. Before she let the man speak, she remembered why she was here, and said, "We can talk inside the Pokemon Center, you see, my Popplio has just hatched, and it needs some medication."

Dante looked at the little blue pokemon held in Teiran's hands. "Sorry kiddo," he said with a smile. "I'm pretty awesome to hang out with but i've got some business to take care of before i can have some time for myself. If im done what i need to within a timely manner then i guess i can come chill for a bit." He said shaking the little girls hand. "Oh, and the names Dante, you might want to get a move on before something happens to that lil guy." He said waving and walking down the street to a nearby hotel. Upon further investigation he came to the conclusion that this was indeed the correct address for his "meeting" to take place.

Dante got his room key and entered to be greeted by a man wearing a mask. The mans mask was and odd mixture of blue and orange. He stood up out of the chair he was sitting in and said. "Lookin' to make some money kid?" He asked with an envelope in hand. Dante evaluated the situation and asked. "How so?" He said with a tiny grin. The man in the mask laughed before he replied. "Well lets just say we need some... Crystals and there pretty hard to obtain without strong Pokémon to take care of the totems." He said with a cough. "How much do i get for fulfilling the task?" Dante questioned the masked man. "₱100,000." The man said stepping closer. "All the details are in this envelope right here, all you gotta do is accept the job and complete it for you reward." He said holding the envelope in front of Dante. The room got cold for a moment as Dante thought about what he wanted with the crystals before inevitably snatching the envelope saying. "I accept."

The nurse walked out of the room, the Wigglytuff stayed. Ezra closed his eyes, didn't know if he had gotten to sleep yet, but something felt, weird.. The Wigglytuff left the room, Ezra got up and looked in a mirror, he took off the eyepatch off of his eye. All he saw was.. A midnight Lycanroc's ey replacing his normal one. He only saw pure redness out of that eye.. He remembered the egg he had in his backback, was it a rockruff? Ezra went back into the bed, but stopped as he felt something flow through his vains. It was red, again..

"I dunno what that guy's deal is, but I'm not sure I like the sound of it," Daniel began, "I hope that he wasn't warning us about a villainous team on the loose. I'd hate if we had to run into some bad guys, like Team Plasma..."

Daniel had had a nasty run-in with Team Plasma, back when he was ten. Those crooks had attempted to 'liberate' his mother's darling cinccino, by snatching it out of her arms...

"Anyway," he continued, "Pokémon Centre."

After Ezra's sleeping time something felt.. Odd.. He uncovered the blankets from himself to find his hands had been turned into the claws of a midnight Lycanroc. He looked in the mirror, still freaked out. Now not only his hands were different. But now he actually looked like midnight lycanroc. What in the world was wrong with that Gyarados? Ezra thought to himself. Ezra knew that bigger Pokémon weren't allowed in the hospital, they would be taken to the Pokémon daycare until their owner was better. Ezra had to escape, or else he would be stuck in the Pokémon daycare till the end of time.

He very carefully opened the door of his hospital room, seeing nobody in the hallway. he started quietly walking down the hall to the exit when he saw a doorknob shake, he hid behind the wall. A Man came out of the hospital room, seeming like he was about to leave, he had a Pokémon clutched in his hand, but the Pokémon looked like it didn't belong to him, it looked like it was being captured.. He got a glance of the front of his cap, it was the team skull logo. Apparently a nurse had said over an intercom that three team skull members were approaching the building, please hide your Pokémon. He quickly yet quietly ran back to his room, put his Pikachu in his bag, grabbed his bag and straight up booked it. He was making loud claps with his feet due to the nails of his now Pokémon body. He slammed the door open of the hospital door, which had appeared to be locked. He shut it back and ran to find out what in the world was going on to his body.

"See ya!" Teiran said, clearly not worried by his weird leave to the conversation. "Alright." Teiran said, following Daniel into the Pokemon Center. Teiran went up to Nurse Joy, and said, "I have a Popplio, just hatched, and it needs tender care." Teiran said, carefully handing the wrinkly Popplio over to her. Popplio started to cry a little, but Teiran petted it carefully, calming it down. Popplio realized he was in no harm, and would return to Teiran soon.

"Alright, I'll get him his vaccines, and run some basic tests on him, and you'll have him back shortly," Nurse Joy said warmly, taking the hatchling pokemon into an exam room. Lopunny followed with Daniel, the squeak of his wheels exaggerated against the sterile floor.

Daniel looked down at the ultra ball, which contained his Plusle, as Nurse Joy began her exam. His Plusle was only a couple of months old, and she didn't have access to any other baby pokemon, being constantly on the move with him...

"Alright, that's you done, Popplio," Nurse Joy chuckled, handing him back to Teiran, "Looks like you've got a male!"

Daniel got out his Plusle, scratching her on her tiny head as she buried her face in his lap. "Perhaps it would be a good idea for your baby boy, to meet my baby girl," he chuckled, as the cheering pokemon nuzzled his stomach.

Last edited:
Teiran took back Popplio, nuzzling it close. "Thanks, Nurse Joy." she said, happily. She then payed her attention to Daniel's Plusle. "It's so cute!" she said, scratching its head.
(gotta go!)

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake had just arrived in the Alola region not too long ago when all of a sudden something amazing happened. The young trainer was sprinting towards the Pokemon center holding his newly hatched baby Chimchar. "I need to make sure it's okay." he said to himself. The boy rounded a corner and spotted the Pokemon center. "There it is!" he yelled, nearing the building.

The boy crashed through the doors and ran up to the front desk trying his best not to hit anyone on his way though. "Nurse Joy!" he called. Blake stopped and was panting in order to catch his breath. "Nurse Joy I need your help. My Chimchar just hatched and I wanted to make sure it was healthy." he said, a bit worried for his new Pokemon. The nurse simply smiled and held out her arms for the Chimchar. "Just hand him to me and I'll make sure he gets any medical treatment he may need." she said nicely. Blake sighed in relief, "Thank you so much." he said.

Blake had also just arrived in the region so he didn't have any friends of course. He also treated his Pokemon as his first priority which may have earned him some weird looks from those who watched him sprint into the Pokemon center. He approached them slowly and took a deep breath. "Um, hi. My name's Blake Star and I just got here to Alola. Sorry if I startled you or anything when I burst in, I was just looking out for my new Pokemon that's all." he said sheepishly.

"She's my baby girl," Daniel answered sheepishly, "Aren't you, Plusle?"

"Plus!" The tiny pokemon agreed, as Lopunny gazed down at the cheering pokemon. Plusle really did think of Daniel as her father, and he played along, babying her to her tiny heart's content. Lopunny worried that she was a little too attatched to him, though, as she only ever left his side when he was using her in contests...

Lopunny forcibly turned Daniel around, to face another stranger, who'd come to have his hatchling pokemon looked at, judging from the sound of it.

"I'm Daniel," he greeted, "And I'm new here as well, along with my Plusle and Lopunny."

Lopunny raised a paw in greeting, while Plusle snuggled into Daniel's jacket. She was terribly timid, around unfamiliar people and pokemon, and she often relied on her master to keep her calm...

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake smiled at the boy who greeted him back. He looked like he really was in touch with his Pokemon and that's just what the trainer like to see. "Hi Daniel, hello to you as well Lopunny and Plusle." he greeted back politely.

Blake learned that Daniel was also new to the region and was a bit relieved. The boy took a seat in a nearby chair and smiled at the other trainer. "So Daniel, what brings you out to Alola?" he asked curiously.

"I'm a coordinator, here for the contests," Daniel answered, "And the grand festival, which I intend to win, of course."

Lopunny busied herself with finding a suitable place to park Daniel's wheelchair, as the boy held onto Plusle, "What about you?"

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Hmmm that's a good one Daniel." Blake said as he thought about it for a second. "Well I guess for me I'm not quite sure yet. None of my parents were really big on actual Pokemon battles or showcases or anything like that. On top of the fact that my Uncle and Aunt hate Pokemon for some reason." he explained.

"So I guess for me it would just be to adventure somewhere, anywhere in Alola. I just want to discover the world for myself ya know?" he orated to the best of his ability hoping Daniel would understand what he was trying to say.

"Also about the showcases. I've never actually got to watch one before." he said, a little embarrassed. "Maybe next time you have one I could go with you and watch?" he asked nicely.

"Showcases? Contests and showcases are two completely different things," Daniel answered, "You don't have to dance in contests, not that I can, anyway..."

Technically, Daniel could walk, but on account of his fragile joints, walking was painful, and often ended with him getting hurt, hence the need for a wheelchair.

"My contest is tonight, so I guess you could come," he answered, "If you really want to..."

Ezra was scared now. The three team skull members had seen the so to seem Lycanroc slam the door open. They had started chasing him down. He had seen Daniel and started running towards him, trying to give him a signal that he was a human. One team skull member tackled him and threw a net over him, his bag flying towards Daniel.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Oh I see. So there are differences between showcases and contests. That's awesome I gotta see them all!" he said cheerfully. Blake then learned that Daniel's contest was tonight. "Oh yeah I'd love to come but where is it?" he asked, not really knowing the region that much.

All of a sudden a Pokemon ran through the doors of the Pokemon center. "What Pokemon is that?" he asked. Then the beast was tackled by a dude dressed in black with a skull T-shirt on. Then a net was thrown on it. "What a horrible thing to do to a Pokemon!" Blake shouted. "Daniel can't you help them? I don't have Chimchar back yet and he's my only Pokemon." the boy pleaded, feeling useless in the situation.

Ezra struggled to get out of the net, he got a small rip when a drowzee's nose picked up the net and started walking with the two team skull members, his pikachu peeped out of his bag looked sad, Ezra saw a small tear run down his face. Ezra attempted to rip the net open with his now sharp pokemon claws. And failed. Ezra thought to himself. " Could that Gyarados be a human too," the net was held strong and taken to Guzma.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched as the Pokemon was being dragged away. He noticed the Pikachu peeking from the bag. "Wait, why does that Pokemon own a Pokemon and carry it in a backpack?" he asked. "He's acting like a trainer." Blake said to himself as he heard a dinging noise behind him. He quickly turned to see his Chimchar standing on the desk. He ran over to it quickly, "Thank you so much Nurse Joy." he said happily. The nurse smiled back at Blake, "Not a problem and here, use this to." she said, handing the young trainer Chimchar's Pokeball.

Blake nodded and picked up his Chimchar, "Alright buddy we have a mission. Let's follow those guys you just saw run out." he said. The boy ran out of the Pokemon center with the monkey Pokemon in tow. "I'm sure they couldn't have gotten far." he said, scanning the area for any sign of them. He saw a trail of flattened grass and deduced that the net must've been dragged over that area. "Let's get moving Chimchar." Blake said, running after the trail.

Ezra was taken to a shady house, it was dark and there were cages with pokemon in them. They had skull bandanas and.. tags? Ezra was taken into the pokemon center where two team skull memebers were, one had a syringe with a strange black liquid in it. Ezra tried to struggle out of the bag some more. Ezra was taken out of the net and held down the black liquid was inserted into him sloppy, it put a small ring spot. They put a tag on the ring spot and it had a number which read 591. Ezra was then held by the neck while they put a skull bandana on him, he was then thrown into a cage with a midday lycanroc

Dante had been on his way to the Pokémon centre to meet up with his friend he bumped into earlier but witnessed the Team Skull goons dragging a Pokémon away. He decided to find out what they were up to and followed them back to a shady house, he saw a boy and his Chimchar also close in pursuit as the Skull members closed an iron gate behind them.

Dante slowly walked over to the boy and tapped him on his shoulder. "You shouldn't be here, it dangerous for a rookie trainer like yourself to get involved with these types of people. You need to leave, I can handle this." He said releasing his Scizor. "Or you could tag along, but dont get in the way... Do i make myself clear?" He said addressing his Scizor to bust through the gate with an X-Scissor.

Roger peeked at the person using a Scizor. "A Scizor eh?" He mumbled. Roger jumped down to a safe and sturdy wooden platform and threw a Pokeball. Out came his Houndoom. "Make sure you stop that Scizor, he could make a very useful sixth ally." Houndoom nodded, and jumped onto the mainland and sprinted torwards the gate.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake followed the man with the Scizor and was amazed by it's sheer power. "That thing looks so strong." he aid in awe as the Pokemon fired an X-Scissor at the gate. "So that's X-Scissor huh?" he said as he followed behind. The boy then turned around for a quick second only to see something coming towards them. "Chimchar what is that?" he asked, a bit afraid. He quickly pulled out his Pokedex and scanned the dog-like Pokemon. "A Houndoom huh? I've never seen one before." he said.

Chimchar stepped in front of Blake and shouted. "Chimchar can you use Scratch?" he asked. The Pokemon sharpened it's claws and yelled at the oncoming Houndoom. "Chim...Chimchar!" he yelled, throwing himself at the fire hound.

Dante swiftly realized the fire type approaching. "Zane, use Swords Dance! Sorry to ask this of ya kid, but I need you to hold it off while my Scizor gets powered up to send it packing with one blow. Do everything you can to keep it away from Zane, if anything gets to crazy i will intervene." He said as the Houndoom approached. Zane would be able to hit it no matter how fast it was moving, he just needed to hit it hard enough to send a message. "If worse comes to worse, i want you to go in there and help that Pokémon that was captured earlier and i will get Zane to shut this gate back up while and I will deal with this." Dante said with a serious look on his face.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake was overwhelmed. He had never been a trainer before and was suddenly dealing with a very powerful Pokemon as his first opponent as requested of the man with the Scizor. However, Blake did want to save that captured Pokemon and toughened up for the battle. "Go now Chimchar!" he commanded as he Pokemon released a barrage of scratch attacks at Houndoom. "Now jump back and use Ember!" he shouted. The Pokemon jumped back and fire began to swell in it's mouth but instead of an Ember attack being released the fire type shot a stream of fire from it's mouth aimed right at Houndoom. "What was that!?" Blake asked, very surprised.

Teiran was so focused on the cute little Plusle, that she kinda spaced off, not realizing everything that had just happened. She slowly regained her focus, and stopped daydreaming, as she said, "Whoa. I was kinda out of it for a while there. What happened while I was out?" asking Daniel the question. Teiran held Popplio in her arms, a little tighter, as he seemed to be whining about something. She looked around, but saw nothing, and cradled Poplio in her arms, shushing its whimpers. "Should we go and see professor Kukui now?" she asked Daniel.

"I guess that'd be the best idea," he answered, "I'm guessing that you need your chain, for your princess keys, and I need my ribbon case, for my ribbons, of course!"

Lopunny gladly obliged to that, hoping that Professor Kukui could let her know where the nearest hospitals were, should something happen to Daniel. She needn't worry about his medication and supplement powders, since he had those shipped over from home...

"Great!" Teiran said, with a close eyed smile. She let Popplio on the ground, as for it to hop with her. She was so excited to explore Alola, and beat trials, and Pokemon showcases along the way, let alone, catch as many Pokemon as possible. "Off we go!" Teiran said, as she walked to the door, and held it open for Daniel, his Pokemon, and Popplio. Not only did she do this, since Daniel is in a wheelchair, but considering that she felt rude, as if not to hold the door for someone else.

Lopunny pushed Daniel gently inside, ensuring that his wheels didn't catch in anything on his way in. Professor Kukui's lab was beach blown, yet clean shaven, as one might expect from a pokemon professor in a tropical region. A tank full of luvdiscs sat behind the sofa, clean and expertly maintained.

"Professor Kukui, right?" Daniel greeted.

(I meant the Pokemon Center door, but this is quite alright)

Teiran walked inside after Daniel, admiring the Pokemon in the lab. "Yep! Kukui's my name, Pokemon's my game!" the cheerful professor said, as he walked into the same room as the two trainers. Kukui looked strong, as he had a lab coat with nothing underneath, but a chest and abs, but Teiran didn't care as much, considering she's lived near the beach all her life, with 5 different boys. She took a step forward. "I'm Teiran, and this is Daniel!" she said, introducing her friend. "I came for Pokeballs, a pokedex, and a chain for my princess keys!" she said, in a close eyed smile. "I can do that! And what are you here for? You're quite the inspirational type, aren't you?" Kukui said, as he pat Daniel on the shoulder.

(Sorry!)

Ambushed by the man's bare chest, Daniel blushed and covered his eyes. It was no secret that he was rather bashful, especially when it came to other men, not that he wanted anyone except for his wonderful partner, Kemen...

Upon hearing the word, 'inspirational', Daniel's bashfulness melted. It was bad enough, being called inspirational at his contests, but for a regional professor to exercise such poor conduct, he rapidly felt heat rising to his cheeks. He guessed that the professor hadn't seen too many disabled trainers, in his time...

"I'm here for a ribbon case, and a renewal of my contest pass," he answered quietly, containing himself by hugging Plusle.

"Alright! Be back with those! And I'll put on a shirt too!" Kukui said, sweating, realizing his bare chest made Daniel uncomfortable, yet not realizing he made Daniel mad at the phrase of 'inspirational'.

Teiran giggled a bit as she looked at Daniel's mad expression. Teiran looked at Popplio on the ground, looking as cheerful as ever, walking over to the Luvdiscs, and playing with a nearby Rockruff. Teiran called over to Popplio, as he came bounding to where she was standing. "I see you like the Pokemon here. Well we can make new friends on our journey as well!"

Teiran said, as she pet Popplio on the head. She picked him up, and a few minutes later, Kukui came back with the supplies, and a shirt on. "Here you are! The ribbon case, pokeballs, pokedex, princess key chain, and Z crystal case." he said, handing a lot of the items to Teiran, as he handed the ribbon case, and an extra Alolan edition pokedex to Daniel.

"What's the Z crystal case for?" Teiran shouted, curiously.

"You seem to be taking trials, so I gave you that." he said, pointing to it.

"But I don't even own a Z ring, nor do I want one." Teiran said, still questioning the fact that he gave her a Z crystal case. She thought these 'Z moves' were too powerful, and she could win a battle with her Pokemon, and the power of friendship. Cheesy, she thought.

"Well, just keep it as proof you beat the trials." Kukui said, as he looked at her, then he walked away.

Teiran just shrugged, and said, "Shall we go then?" and pushed open the door.

"Sure," Daniel agreed, as he stashed the items he'd requested in his bag. Now, he'd at least be able to enter his contest, tonight...

"I've got about three hours to kill, before my contest, so, what's there to do around Hau'Oli City?" Daniel enquired, returning Plusle to her pokeball as Lopunny sped up. She seemed quite eager to get him away from Professor Kukui, and with good reason. Stress could trigger fibro flares, and the flight here had already put a lot of strain on Daniel's body...

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched as Chimchar was thrown back by the Houndoom once more. "Come on buddy stay strong. Get right back up and use Scratch!" he shouted. The fire type sprang to it's feet and jumped at the hound once again but was shaken off yet another time. Blake took a step back and was quickly running out of options. "Hey um Mr Dude. You know how they say fight fire with fire well um that's not working so well over here. I hope you're done soon." he said.

Ezra woke up to a loud voice yelling 591, he looked at his body, still looking like a lycanroc. A skull member almost ripped open his cage and grabbed him by the skull bandanna, dragging him up the stairs into Guzma's room. It seemed as if he was judging pokemon to be on his team. As soon as he was dragged into Guzma's room, he said "Huh, never seen it before, he's on my team, give him this. " Guzma pulled out a syringe with a white liquid in it, a skull member inserted the liquid into Ezra. Ezra felt like.. Nothing. Something took control of him. "I'm takin it out for a test run on some lil punk. " Guzma said, Ezra must've fallen asleep as within seconds he was by Blake battling with another trainer.

Roger quickly jumped from the shadows with a sinister smile and threw a Pokeball and unleashed Stoutland to fight with Houndoom. "Fresca Carne!" (Fresh meat) Roger shouted. "HOUNDOOM! DARK PULSE!" "STOUTLAND, CRUNCH!" Stoutland and Houndoom obeyed, gunning torwards the other pokemon

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake didn't quite know what was going on but suddenly the odds were stacked against him. He wasn't even able to handle the Houndoom by it's self let alone the two new ones. Blake took out his Pokedex and quickly scanned them both. "Stoutland and Lycanrock huh?" he asked, slowly recognizing the Lycanroc. "Hey you're that Pokemon from before. Why are you fighting against me? I came here to help you." he said, not knowing what the heck was going on. Blake then growled and his feelings echoed in his Chimchar's mind. "Chimchar give them the biggest Flamethrower you've got!" he yelled as his partner complied. The Pokemon released a giant burst of fire from his mouth which cloaked everything in flames.

Realizing his Pokemon got startled by this vortex of flames, Roger sent out Ludicolo, "LUDICOLO, PROTECT!" A forcefield protects Roger and his Pokemon. Flames began hitting the force field. "Keep it up Ludicolo..." Ludicolo showed the courage to go on all day. The flames stop, and Ludicolo let down his protect.
Smirking that shark grin, Roger shows off his final Pokemon, Sandslash, and uses Sand Attack. "Ugh, this failed horribly, keep using Sand Attack!" Sands lash obeyed and Chimcar and Lycanroc were puzzled. Roger threw down a smoke bomb and retreated, leaving a note that said; "Kid tempore, misericordias" In latin, meaning Kid, next time, no mercy.

"Hmm? Guess he was to weak to even handle you. Good job kid i didn't have to get my hands dirty." Dante said looking at his Scizor who had finished maxing out its attack strength. " Had he went up against Zane here, it would have been over. The only thing i would have to worry bout is that Houndoom. I thought just brining Zane along would be perfectly fine but i guess i need a bit more PokéPower from my P.C." Dante said with a small laugh. "Oh, and there's no need to call me Mr. Dude, its Dante and im only 17 hardly a Mr at this age." He said extending a hand out to the kid. "You truly did a fine job with your Chimchar. Considering its evolution line, my Blaziken could help it improve on its martial arts and hand to hand combat in its early stages, but i need to get it out the P.C first." Dante offered.

Roger sat in a dark ally in Hau'oli city. "Grrrr... I retreated, I should of stayed and fought that Scizor, giving that kid a boost in an ego isn't helping." Roger's Flabébé egg just wiggled. He smiled. "Next time I meet that punk, I'm destroying him."

Suddenly, the egg cracked, and out came a Flabébé. "Hmm... I got these rare candies from raiding that PokeCenter at Poni Island." He used all of them on Flabébé, soon evolving it to a Florges.

Just then, Roger got an idea. He cackled. "That PokeContest should be soon. It will be a perfect thing to ruin, people there have lots of dazzling Pokemon! And I can use you Florges." Florges danced happily. "Alright!"

Just at that moment, a Bewear appeared. Roger knew this certain Bewear. It had a collar on when he met it at its first evolution. "Oh... It's been years!" He threw the Pokeball at Bewear, and caught him. "This Pokemon can break a single persons spine in a hug. This should stir up more chaos." Roger proceeded to enter himself as a person named Edilio, and the receptionist fell for it. He dressed differently, and entered Bewear, Houndoom and Florges.

"This will be fun." He grinned.