• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Teiran looked at the battle, wishing she and Popplio could take part in this as well. Teiran wasn't sure who her first battle would be with, yet she was as excited as ever. She looked at Popplio, and said, "That's what we can be someday!" Popplio looked at his trainers extatic face, and. Gave her a close eyed smile.

Blaziken watched the wheel of fire grow closer and closer before clenching its fists and nailing it with a Sky Uppercut. The Blaziken then followed it up into the air and flicked it on its nose in a teasing way before dropping back down on to the deck to catch the Pokémon falling from the sky.

"Yeah, why not!" Teiran said, getting super pumped. "You wanna do that after the contest, Popplio?" Teiran asked her little water type. "Pop, Popplio!" Popplio said, as it did a flip in the air, before landing back on his feet. "That's a yes!" Teiran said, as she pumped her fist in the air.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake was so confident in Chimchar's abilities and was certain that the Flame Wheel would at least knock Blaziken off balance but, he was wrong. Dante's Blaziken nailed Chimchar with an uppercut that sent it flying up into the air. Chimchar's Flame Wheel dissipated as Blaziken came up and tapped him in the nose. He then caught the little fire monkey as he fell. Blake dropped his head, "We tried so hard. Unless...now, grab it!" Blake shouted.

Chimchar immediately shot his hand out, reaching for the medallion.

Dante decided to get up and check on how things were going. Since it was already 11:45 he tossed on his tan tinted aviators and went to open his door. "So how's th-"

Blaziken knew the Chimchar would give one last effort to grab the medallion and was contemplating just letting it have it but he knew going easy wasn't an option. Blaziken grabbed the Chimchars little hand and used Reversal transfering the speed that it put into reaching for the medallion into a throw tossing it in the direction of Dante's room when his door suddenly opened.

Dante was about to ask a question before he was met with a speeding monkey flying towards him and he was knocked right back into his room. "Not going so well i'd presume?" He said shaking his head. "Oh well, i never expected you to actually do it." He laughed petting the Chimchar. "You still have 15 minutes, so here's a bit of advice. You need to move fast and efficient, while doing so you need to distract my Blaziken with something while still getting in close but dont be to direct make sure when you go in that my Blaziken gets caught of guard by either you or the distraction then you can make you real move at the medallion." He said with a smile. "Its got to be subtle and slick." He laughed before brushing himself off.

"Yeah!" Teiran replied, looking back to Emily. Teiran then looked at Daniel, and how he was fighting, not sure how long the battle would go on. "Go Daniel!" Teiran shouted, full of joy and pride.

Emily turned her attention back to the fight and cheered. She wondered how much longer it would go. She couldn't wait for her adventure with Teiran to begin.

Zara actually jumped up in excitement. She cheered for Daniel, then turned red at the glares of other spectators and sat down. June rubbed against her hand, which made Zara give a smile to the Glaceon. She looked back to the battle, eager to see what would be next.

Tim jumped off of the Charizard that had taken him to Poni Island. He knew he had gotten there very early for the Tournament, but that was okay. He hadn't been to this island before, and wanted to explore a little. Tim watched the Fire-Flying Type soar off back to Melemele Island, and grinned as his Noctowl rubbed against his head with its beak. "Yeah, we should probably find somewhere to rest. We didn't stop all night, can you believe it?" he yawned.

Having sucessfully won the first move, Daniel decided that now, it was his turn to move first.

"Plusle, use swift!" he instructed.

The other coordinator paused as the stars came towards her gorebyss, unsure of what to do... She didn't have any reliable counters for the electric type, or anything that she knew could safely make her gorebyss look good...

"Gorebyss, use aqua jet!" she finally decided.

Plusle kept on shooting out golden stars, which broke the steam of water following the gorebyss as it charged at her. Daniel's point counter remained intact, while the gorebyss' coordinators counter went down yet again.

Last edited:
Sophie's Mom went and found seats to watch the coordinator perform. Sophie was amazed at his skills. His Plusle used swift, and the other coordinator commanded her Gorebyss to use Aqua Jet. Litten purred as she sat on Sophies lap. The announcer was directing the battle, and Sophie said, "I wanna be like that one day." She looked around, and saw two trainers that stood out. One had a Popplio, a starter like her, the other had a Vulpix. "Wow! Cool Pokemon!" Sophie said to herself, and continued to watch the coordinators.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched as his Chimchar was sent flying towards Dante's room. Just as he opened the door he was rammed by a flying monkey and Blake began to laugh. Dante and Chimchar were in there for a while and Blake wondered what they were talking about. Then out of nowhere Blake saw Chimchar come running out of the room with a shifty smile on his face. "What's he up to?" he asked.

He watched as his Pokemon began it's climb up to where Blaziken was once again but this time with a strategy. The monkey looked around and spotted a sail cloth that was just laying around. Chimchar leaped up and grabbed it. He jumped into the air over the Blaziken and Blake was face-palming, "Chimchar be careful. That might have been important." he said. The monkey let the cloth unroll, creating a huge blanket in the sky. He made sure to hold the blanket long enough to mask himself from Blaziken before letting it go. The cloth began to fall right above the huge fire type as Chimchar bounded off the mast pole behind Blaziken. The fire monkey used Flame Wheel and attempted to slam into the Blaziken's back, knocking him into the cloth. If this worked, Chimchar would easily be able to grab the medallion.

The plan had worked for the most part. The Blaziken had been distracted and was unaware of the whereabouts of the Chimchar. The Blazikens initial instinct was to unleash an Overheat but it quickly realized that it would not be the wisest idea to unleash such an uncontrolled flame aboard a wooden ship. All that the Chimchar had done was conceal its position while Blaziken stood still, preparing a Counter for the inevitable attack. As soon as the Chimchar struck he would initiate a fast paced kata with the Chimchar. This would allow the Chimchar to work on its blocks and strikes, and being so close would also give it a chance at the medallion. All it had to do was keep up and wait for Blaziken to either slow down or mess up in order to give Chimchar a chance to grab it.

"Good job Daniel!" Teiran shouted happily to her friend. Teiran looked back at Emily, who seemed to be enjoying herself. "Having fun?" She asked, smiling at her and her Vulpix. Teiran was just as excited to have Emily travel with her and Daniel, and maybe Zara even!

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Chimchar came out of the Flame Wheel only to find that it's plan didn't quite end how it would've liked it to. The monkey saw that Blaziken had caught up to it's movements and initiated a kata. The monkey did it's best to adapt to Blaziken's movements. Once it hit the loop, Chimchar noticed that the kata would repeat and began to devote the movements to memory. The second Blaziken messed up is when he'd have his chance to swipe the medallion.

The Blaziken continued the kata, attempting slow strikes at the Chimchar before speeding it up. Every second repeat of the kata Blaziken would speed it up. Left jab, right punch, light left kick, light left kick, strong round house right kick.

Dante exited his room to find the two Pokémon engaged in a furious face off with one another. "Dont plan on the guy messing up, its been practicing kata's for years and not once to my knowledge has it failed one." Dante said walking over to Blake. "You're just simply going to have to hope Chimchar can find the best opening that it can and start unleashing its own attacks instead of only blocking Blazikens. Either way if you do or don't get the medallion i'm still gonna feed you." He began to laugh. "I just wanted you to feel like there was something to fight for."

Blaziken didn't let up getting faster and faster with its movements. The Blaziken did however find it hard to practice close combat with something that is much, much smaller then itself.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched in awe as Chimchar was able to quickly memorize the movements and come up with his own formula for fending off the attacks. Dodge left, block left, block right, block right again, flip over left. "I hope Chimchar is doing alright." the boy said. Then Dante began to talk about Chimchar finding an opening and unleashing it's own attack. The kata began to speed up and Blake knew that Chimchar had to do something before he was overwhelmed.

The fire monkey noticed the speed increase and tried it's best to keep up but Blaziken's master expertise and amount of practice made it really difficult. Chimchar blocked the two light kicks and decided to make a move. He flipped over the right roundhouse and immediately dropped low before darting in between Blaziken's legs. He popped up behind his opponent's head and unleashed a barrage of punches at Blaziken. "Yeah that's the way Chimchar!" Blake called out from below.

After competing its round house kick Blaziken saw that the Chimchar was nowhere in sight. At first it thought one of the punches or kicks connected and the poor little thing was sent spiraling off the ship when it had suddenly been hit from behind. The attacks were not strong enough to knock him over but the attacks kept coming. Eventually Blaziken caught on to what was happening and began blocking the attacks, now he was on the defensive. Blaziken had many opportunities to Counter or attack the Chimchar but decided to have a little compassion and just blocked the attacks instead of retaliating. Even so, Time was up.

"And thats time!" Dante said looking up into the sky to see the sun directly above the ship. "It's high noon me hearties and you did an excellent job. Better luck next time on getting he medallion." Blaziken had smiled and gave a nod to the Chimchar for doing an amazing job before being called back to its Pokéball by Dante. "Alright, i think that was a good first training session. If you keep this up, Chimchar will be the one wearing the medallion." He laughed. "Why don't you head on down to the kitchen, Clancy should have something prepared for lunch. Oh, and since you didn't get the medallion.........you're doing dishes after supper as a replacement for you getting some food." He chuckled. "Well go on, don't wait up for me." He said smiling before sticking his tongue out like a child.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched Chimchar attack Blaziken with everything it had but it wasn't enough. The time was up and Chimchar still didn't grab the medallion. Blaziken was called back to it's Pokeball and Chimchar slid down the pole and scurried over to Blake, hopping onto his shoulder. "I'm proud of you Chimchar. You did amazing and I didn't even do anything. It was all you buddy." he said with a smile. "Let's go get some food." he said, walking toward the kitchen.

"Don't worry about dishes Dante. Chimchar and I got it covered. I think after today cleaning some plates should be a breeze." he said, laughing. The boy walked into the kitchen and smelled the food that was being cooked. "Man it always smells so good in here. Don't you think so too Chimchar?" the boy asked the fire type. Chimchar nodded in agreement and did a little dance on Blake's shoulder. "Okay I get it, you're hungry too. I'm sure lunch will be ready any minute." he said, trying to calm down his partner.

"Bon appetit mes amis." Clancy said kissing his fingers. "I've been meaning to try something new so i prepared sea food shish kabobs for ye this time lads." He said as he took one for himself. "How did your training go this mornin' mate?" Clancy asked preparing more pates for the others.

Dante was still up on the deck fixing the sails Chimchar had let down. While doing so he noticed a Charizard flying through the sky. "Well thats a rare sight." He said.

A few rounds later, Daniel was declared the winner of the first battle, thanks to Plusle's stunning combination of thunderpunch, with the opposing gorebyss' aurora beam. The ice had shattered on impact with Plusle's fists, causing the tiny pokemon to be showered with rainbow shards.

After a particularly tough match, against another boy, and his meowstic, Daniel managed to win the contest, thanks to Mightyena's ice fang. The other coordinators were called out to congratulate him, as the judges shook his hand.

"Our winner for today is Daniel Diaz, from Accumula Town!" the presenter announced, giving the boy his ribbon.

Daniel held it up for the crowd to see, as was customary, for the winner of a contest. Hau'Oli City's ribbon was a light blue, like the waves on its beach front, with a silver crest, and a large baroque pearl, which hung from the centre.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake took a shish kabob and gave one to Chimchar as well. The second the boy bit into it his eyes lit u. "Clancy this is amazing!" he exclaimed. Him and Chimchar looked at each other and continue to bite down on the assorted foods on the stick. He wiped his mouth and cleared his throat before speaking. "Well training with Dante is hard. He did some speed thing where we had to get a medallion from Blaziken but, it didn't quite go the way we had hoped. Chimchar did really awesome but Blaziken is just too strong right now. That doesn't mean that we won't catch up to it one day though isn't that right Chimchar?" Blake asked his partner with a smile. Chimchar tried to answer back but had three kabobs wedged in his mouth. "Chimchar you can't eat the sticks." Blake said through his laughter.

"That's right kid, don't let a loss get ya down. Make it a reason for you to get back up tougher and better." He said with a smile.

Dante finished cleaning up the mess that was made from Blake and Chimchars training, went to his room and grabbed a map and then proceeded to go downstairs for some food. "Never saw you for the phlisophicle type Clancy. You're so wise and have much knowledge to share with us im sure." Dante said laughing as he began walking over to him and nudging him playfully all while snatching up the rest of the kabobs. Dante stuffed his face with the kabobs and attempted to say something that was muffled but sounded like "I'll consider this rent." The two laughed. Dante went over to Blake to get an evaluation of his teaching skills. "So what did you think, about todays training i mean. Good or bad? Did you have fun or was it boring." Dante asked looking over a map.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake was startled by the question, "Boring? Dante that was awesome! Chimchar and I had so much fun well you know, even if I was just cheering for him the whole time, it was still fun. I got to see Chimchar do all these cool things that I never even knew he could do in the first place." the boy said with a smile the whole time. Chimchar hopped up and down on the boy's shoulder clapping it's hands. "Well I guess that means Chimchar liked it too. I've never had a teacher especially not one like you so it's great." he said.

"Well im glad my lesson payed off. Hopefully you can capitalize on the new tricks and techniques you saw Chimchar use. To be honest that was the whole point of the exercise, for Chimchar to show you what it could do. You don't know the full capabilities of Chimchar, but it knows its own and in turn you learn and become informed of your partners abilities. You form a connection that no other can rival, an understanding of one another that nobody will be able to comprehend." He pet the Chimchar an then looked at Blake. "I've got a question for you, one my father used to ask me and that I only understood when i took on The Battle Tree. Do you know the difference between a ship and a boat? Then he would swear it relates to a Pokémon and its relationship with its trainer which always got me confused because how do ships and boats relate to Pokémon in any way."

Zara and her Pokemon absolutely roared with applause for Daniel. Zap did numerous ecstatic, high-speed loop-the-loops in the air. Zara laughed. "Calm down, Zap," she told her Psychic Type pal. "We don't want to upset anyone." She saw multiple people frowning at the Alolan Raichu. Probably friends or fans of the people that lost the contest, or just people who didn't want the experience to be 'ruined' by a loud audience member.

Tears?

Why would he see tears? He had nothing to be sad about

Then he realized they weren't tears of sadness, but joy. Why would he feel joy? He has no friends, no person to talk to, no heart.

Except he cared about one thing, him and his Pokemon. And they were growing a bond? "Disgusting." He ratted out. He began to feel angry. He slashed his weapon at a tree, and it came tumbling down. Most of it submerged underwater, and Roger glared.

He went back to Houndoom, and said to him, "I'm going for a walk, wanna come?" Houndoom nodded, then they walked to the city.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"A ship and a boat?" Blake asked, very confused. "First of all, aren't those the same thing? And Second, how does that have anything to do with Pokemon?" the boy asked, probably feeling just about as confused as Dante did when his father asked him the question. The boy smiled, "Well then I guess I'd better hurry up and get to the Battle Tree. Maybe I can learn something amazing just like you did too." he said with a smile. Chimchar smiled with excitement at the thought of battling strong trainers and their Pokemon.

"You see, that's where you are wrong. A ship is not a boat, and a boat is not a ship. The reason being is that a ship can carry a boat but a boat could never carry a ship." He laughed. "That's the only thing I'm telling so you must figure out the rest." He smiled. "Another couple of days and we will arrive at the Battle Tree, until then, we train....well, you train im sorta just their as a supporting factor." He said getting up and walking up the stairs to the main deck. "You're free to do as you please for the rest of the day lad, ye can even take the helm if you wish, just don't set us off course." He said laughing his way up the stairs.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake listened to Dante's information and thought about it. "Hmmm. What do you think Chimchar?" he asked. The monkey shrugged and so did Blake in response. The two then looked through the porthole window and saw a school of Carvanha swimming by. "You thinking what I'm thinking Chimchar?" the boy asked. The fire monkey already had the rope and the Trainer-Pokemon duo put their plan into action.

Blake tied the rope and created a lasso. "It'll be just like on dad's ranch." he said with a smirk. He tossed it into the water and scooped out a Carvanha. He pulled it onto the boat and laid it on a table. "Usually these things are more aggressive, how strange. Maybe it's a nice one." he said with a shrug. The boy grabbed a Pokeball and tapped the Pokemon with it. With a few jolts of the Pokeball, Carvanha was caught. "Alright I got one! I caught a Pokemon Chimchar!" he said excitedly.

Dante gad been in his room trying to plan anoter lession for Blake the next morning. He was struggling but decided on how to catch Pokémon. "Yeah he hasn't gotten anyother Pokémon yet i dont think so why not." He said thinking he was so smart.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
In the meantime, Chimchar had found a container for the Pokemon that wasn't too big but was still good enough. The boy filled it with salt water and dropped the Pokemon inside. "There you go Carvanha nice and salty just how you like it." he said with a smile. He then got out his Pokedex. "I guess I'd better find out what moves you know." he said, scanning the Pokemon. "Alrighty then...Carvanha use Aqua Jet!" the boy yelled. The fish Pokemon burst an aura of water around it's body and shot up into the air at an amazing speed. "What a jump!" he yelled in awe as he watched the fish in the air. The Pokemon's Aqua Jet dissipated and it began to fall before splashing back into the container. "Wow Carvanha you're amazing!" the boy said as he sat down next to the tank.

Two men were swabbing the deck from all the salt water that was being splashed about when on asked a question. "So whaddya reckon is so special about the kid?" One whispered to the other. The other man waited for a moment before replying. "Well, if ya ask me, I think he reminds em of Julian." He whispered back." They continued to swab the deck when the man asked another question. "Who's Julian?" He said with a confused face. The other man looked at him dumbfounded that he would ask such a question. "Aye, ye must be new if ye don't know who Julian is. Well yer in fer a treat tonight laddy cause im'a dedicate tonight story tellings to Julian, the brother of our dearest Cap'n." He said.

From his quarters, Dante heard something splashing from the deck. "What on earth could this boy be up to?" He thought getting out of his seat folding up his notes on tomorrow's training and headed out to the deck. "Mate, why's there a Carvanha on deck? Di-did you catch it? In a Pokéball i mean." He said looking into the container of salt water. "If so there goes tomorrow's lesson and its back to the drawing board for me." He said laughing and scratching the back of his head.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
The boy heard Dante come out of his quarters and ask about the Carvanha that he had just caught. "Oh yeah this thing? Well actually it was difficult but with a little bit of rope anything's possible." the boy said with a smile as he held Carvanha's Pokeball and showed Dante. "Sorry if it ruined any of your plans I just wanted to catch more Pokemon before we got to Poni Island for the cup league." he said, feeling a bit bad for screwing with Dante's hard work. The guy was putting so much time and effort into training him and he just had to go and screw it up to show his appreciation.

"It's not a problem at all lad, its just one less thing i have to teach you now since you learned to befriend an capture Pokémon on your own. It would have been a hard concept for me to explain and teach anyway." He smiled. "Plus, you will need a total of three Pokémon to enter the tournament." Dante was about to say something else when a mate in the crows nest shouted "LAND HO!" In the distance was a fairly large island with a lush forest and desert. "Care for a little exploration? We have plenty of time before the tournament. If we continued on our path we would get to Poni Island with two days to spare so as my first mate i will let you make the decision" Dante said awaiting Blake's command.

When the applause had died down, and the cameras had been turned off, Daniel wheeled back to his dressing room, to get changed back into his normal gear, and remove the seal from Plusle's pokeball. Come to think of seals, there were a few that he wanted to get, for his next few contests, in Hau'Oli City.

He was happy to be coming away from his first contest in the Alola region, with his first ribbon as well, a very pretty one, at that. One down, four to go...

He had Lopunny push him back to Teiran, where he heartily announced, "My first contest, and my first win here!"

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake thought about it for a while and smiled. "Let's go exploring Dante. Who knows maybe I'll find another Pokemon and it'll be super strong I bet." the boy said excitedly. He pointed his Pokeball at Carvanha and retreated it before looking at Chimchar. "That also means more training for you buddy." he said. The fire monkey jumped up and down with glee, excited for some more training.

"Well you heard the boy, make way for the Island!" Dante shouted rushing up to the helm and taking the wheel. "Half-sail men, we're getting close." He commanded as his crew fulfilled the task within moments. "Drop anchor boys." The ship stopped moving when it got as close as the waters would allow such a big ship. "Looks like we're getting our legs wet lad." Dantes said dropping off the ships side and landing on his feet into the water. "Come on down then, I've gotcha both." He said ready to catch the Chimchar and its trainer.