• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"GO DANIEL!" Teiran shouted, full of happiness, and tears of joy. Not only Teiran, but Popplio shouted, did a flip in the air, and clapped his paw-like flippers together. "He did it Popplio!" Teiran said, picking up her water type, and twirling him around. Teiran then put Popplio back onto her shoulder.

Last edited:
Daniel chuckled amicably, stashing away his pokeballs. "So, I guess that means that we'll be going to your showcase next."

He opened his seal case, revealing two capsules, for holding pokeballs, and a variety of sticker-like decorations. "Want to borrow some of my seals for it?"

"I'm fine, but thanks!" Teiran said, flattered he even offered. "This is Emily! She is going to join us on our travels, if that's okay with you?" Teiran asked, introducing her new friend, to her first friend. Popplio hopped over to Emily and her Vulpix, and greeted the Vulpix lightly. "Pop Li Li?" The water type said, as it greeted the fire type.
(Good night! Long week for now!)

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake watched as they approached the island. "Wow it looks awesome." he said with sparkling eyes. "We're going to get super strong on this island and then we'll be ready for the Poni Island Tournament." he said. The crew dropped the anchor and Dante was standing on the island. Blake and Chimchar jumped off the boat towards Dante flailing, "Catch me!" he shouted.

Dante caught the boy in in his arms along with the Chimchar. "Gotta get Clancy to feed you more, your no lighter than paper." He laughed. Putting them down in the shallows. "Alright lads, I've never been to this island so stay close. I don't know who or what lives here and im not trying to get on their bad side if there are some." He said stepping on to the beach. "But where to go first?" He said looking in all directions. "Got any ideas mate?" He asked Blake. "Or maybe little Chimchar here has an idea." He said petting the monkey.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Well I'm in the same boat as you on this one Dante." he said, nudging his teacher trying to make a sailing joke. He knew for sure that it was probably the most terrible joke Dante had ever heard but it didn't matter. "All jokes aside, no matter how horrible the joke, I'm sure Chimchar has an idea." he said. The fire monkey hopped up and down excitedly. It sniffed the air and pointed towards the forest. Blake walked into the forest following Chimchar hoping that Dante was with him. No way he wanted to get caught by some huge Pokemon in a forest like this one all alone. The fire type came to a tree and jumped at it, pointing at a slash marked into the bark of the tree. "It's some sort of marking, but from what?" he asked. If trees could bleed, and some could, this thing would have bled to death judging on the huge gash in the bark. "No question about it. Whatever made that gash is a strong Pokemon." he said, gulping. "D-Dante. What's that?" he asked a little scared, pointing at the tree.

"I don't know if you intentionally made that bad but at least you tried." He said with a small laugh. Dante followed in the direction the Chimchar had pointed in right behind Blake. He watched as the kid gave a decent analysis of a gash in a tree before he seemed shook and pointed at something. Dante looked up, but saw nothing. "What is it your eye spies lad, for my eye doesn't spy anything but some trees and the sky." Dante gave one more look and then spotted something. "Oh, you mean that thing, well that's a-" the creature shot out a Hyper Beam straight for Dante and he barely avoided it by jumping out the way.

The vested Lopunny greeted the small pokemon with a wave, before placing it back on the handlebar that she'd been resting it on.

"Sure, that'd be ok," Daniel answered, popping his seals away, "The more the merrier, I s'pose."

Houndoom and Roger strolled the streets, observing the fancy lights, cars, people, etc. Houndoom strolled over to the docks, and sniffed. "Oh?" Roger said. There was a envelope that said, "From Unova" but the name of the sender was blurred and the to address had faded. "Must of been dropped." Roger snorted. He walked off, but quickly snatched the letter and went away.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake felt the gale force winds created by thee attack as he and Chimchar were pushed across the terrain. The two rolled to a stop and checked to see if Dante got hit. "Where is he?" he asked while looking for the man. The attack was so big it prevented the boy from seeing anything on the other side of it. "Dante?!" he asked in a panic. When the attack finally calmed down he was able to see and noticed that Dante was safe. "He got out of the way." the boy said with a relieving sigh. He then heard footsteps and looked in their direction. "What is that?!" he asked in pure fear.

(@Firetamer123 are you getting notifications?)
"Yeah! So, Emily? Are you ready for the battle?" Teiran said, as she motioned for Popplio to come over. Popplio indeed, got the memo, and hopped over, trying to look intimidating. Teiran's first battle, she could already sense the tension, flowing through her veins! Teiran then patiently awaited an answer.

(No which is weird considering I'm watching this thread.)

"Definitely!!" Emily said. She released her houndoom Bandit. "You first." She said. Bandit took on a defensive stance.

(You must use a paragraph. Just for future reference, of about 4 lines or more, which I should also learn to do)
"Alright, Popplio!" Teiran shouted, as he got into a battle stance. "Use pound!" Teiran shouted, as Popplio ran up to the Houndoom, hoping for the move to hit it. Teiran, not knowing exactly how effective each move is, just went with her best guess, hoping it would hit the Houndoom. Hard.

Lopunny pushed Daniel until he was in safe viewing distance of the battle. He decided to get Plusle out, figuring that she could learn a thing or two from watching, as she wasn't very experienced in battle.

He got her out, setting her on his lap as he fussed with a new seal combination, for her pokeball...

(Using my phone everything looks like a paragraph lol)

"Bandit use thunder fang!!" Emily shouted. Bandit growled and charged his attack. He went for Teiran's popplio. Emily hoped it would hit. Both Pokemon collided.

(I know what you mean, and you can't control what my Pokemon does.)
"Dodge, and use water gun!" Teiran said to Popplio. Popplio quickly flipped out of the way, and shot a gun of water at the Houndoom, aiming the best it could. Teiran hoped it would hit, clenching both fists, near her chest. Teiran thought of her babbling brothers, telling her that she would never be a better trainer than them. This gave her great determination, as she hoped to win her first battle.

(AHEM. That's autoing, Firetamer123. You cannot force hits on someone else's character. They decide if the move hits)

"Let's see... What if I combined the bubble seal with the lightning seal?"

He could see it now; when Plusle came out of her pokeball, she'd be encapsulated in a delicate blue bubble, and then that'd be shattered by yellow bursts of lightning...

"Dodge!" Teiran yelled to Popplio. Popplio had tried to dodge, but had gotten bitten, by a nasty bite. "Are you okay Popplio?!" Teiran asked, worriedly. "Pop..." Popplio said, a little weak, but he was still able to fight. "Alright, Hydro pump!" she yelled. Popplio just looked at her with a confused expression on its face. "You must not know that move...okay, water gun, again!" Teiran shouted, as Popplio went in for the attack.

"Bandit use beat up!" Emily shouted. Banidt tried to dodge but took too long to move getting hit by the water. he was hurt but not down. "Come on Bandit you can do it!" Emily cheered. Bandit launched his attack.

"Dodge it Popplio!" Teiran yelled, fearing that Popplio could get seriously hurt. Popplio flipped up high into the air, causing the attack to miss, then used a certain move, that was not commanded. Bubbles flew from Popplio nose, in hope to hit the Houndoom. Teiran looked at her Pokemon, astonished, for she had never seen a Pokemon learn a new move.

"Looks like Popplio learned bubble, eh, Plusle?" Daniel commented to the tiny pokemon, "Now, I think I've got it!"

And he placed the seals on the pokeball, promising that he'd try his combination out at the next opportunity.

Plusle, meanwhile, became all too interested in the battle, somewhat eager to join in...

And before Daniel could even realise what she was doing, she threw a light swift at the battlefield.

"bandit looked out!" Emily called. The houndoom jumped away from plusle's attack and got hit by Popplio's attack. "hey!" Emily said. "That's not fair two against one. Time to make it even i suppose." Emily said reaching into her bag. "Ashy I chose you!" A shiny ponyta was released from it's poke ball. "bandit use roar on the Plusle! Ashy flame charge Popplio!" Emily said. Her pokemon attacked as they were told.

Teiran's eyes transferred from the battle to the Plusle. "Plusle!" Teiran said in a playful tone. Teiran turned back to Popplio, who was hit by swift a little bit, but he was healthy enough to continue in battle. Teiran thought about the little Plusle, and the cute swift move she had used. "Daniel, you should use swift in a contest some time!" she suggested.

(Plusle isn't Teiran's Pokemon, it's Daniel's. He isn't battling)

"Well, if she can use two Pokemon, we can have one of those battles, right Daniel?" Teiran asked her friend, obviously asking for him to join them. 'Of course, the Plusle didn't want to interfere with the battle' Teiran thought, as she wondered why Emily had sent out two Pokemon.

"Huh?"

Daniel carefully turned his attention to the battlefield (If he moved too suddenly, he'd throw his back out), and noticed Plusle stood by the battlefield. She appeared to have used swift, despite not participating in the battle at hand.

"Plusle," he scolded, as he rolled over to the tiny pokemon, "I know that you want to battle, but you can't get in the way when other pokemon are battling!"

"Plus..." Plusle complained.

He picked her up, placing her on his lap, before reversing. "Sorry about that, Teiran!"

"It's fine, Daniel." Teiran said, as she turned her attention back to Emily, and her two Pokemon. "Can you return your shiny Ponyta please? I don't have another Pokemon to substitute." Teiran said, a little aggravated that Emily had thought she was cheating, or not playing fair.

Emily nodded and returned her ponyta. Bandit growled quite annoyed. "There she's out of the fight for now." Emily said. She thought about switching her pokemon but Bandit wouldn't want to go back yet.

"Alright, you make the next move!" Teiran shouted at Emily, in excitement. Suddenly she remembered something. "The boy in the hospital..." she said to herself, not paying attention. If Emily said something, Teiran would pay attention, but her mind was focused on the boy...never caught his name, before an ambulance came...

"Bandit use beat up!" Emily said. Bandit launched forward with his attack. Emily hoped it would hit and end the battle. She kept her focus on the battle at hand.

"I know that you want to battle, Plusle, but you can't just wander off like that," Daniel scolded, "I can't run after you, if you get lost, you know, and something could have happened to my wheelchair!"

Plusle nodded, sitting quietly in his lap. Plusle sometimes forgot that he wasn't as able-bodied as she was, and moving around was sometimes a pain for him...

Teiran then payed attention, realizing what was going on. "Just wait..." Teiran said, to her now worried Popplio. "Now!" Teiran yelled. Her plan was, to let the Houndoom get close, and when it was close enough, Popplio would use it's tail to whap the Houndoom in the face. As planned, Popplio indeed flipped up, ready to hit the Houndoom in the face.

"Bandit Thunder fang!" Emily called as a counter to the tail whip. Bandit narrowed his eyes his attack ready. They were close to each other and had a pretty good chance of hitting.

Popplio got real scared at that attack, and as fast as lightning, his tail slid through the Houndoom's mouth, before it could bite down. "Bubble!" Teiran yelled, hoping it would hit. Teiran's mind went back to the boy with the injured arm...she realized that dozing of into thought during a battle, was not the best habit to endure, so she decided she'd wait till the battle was over, and ask Daniel about it.

(One of you is going to have to lose at some point, y'know...)

Daniel returned Plusle, and then fussed with his other pokeballs, as he looked at the location of his next contest... It was on Akala island, but he had yet to find out what city it was in...

Bandit got hit and fainted. "bandit!" Emily exclaimed returning her downed pokemon. She wasn't out yet. She released Ashy her ponyta. "Ashy use flame charge!" Emily instructed to her fire horse whom charged at the popplio.

Teiran quickly jumped in front of her Popplio, taking the hit for him. "Bad idea! Bad idea!" she yelled to herself, as she got on the ground and rolled around. When the flames disappeared, Teiran got up to face Emily, clearly mad at her. "I only have a Popplio, remember? It's a one on one battle! You can't send out your Ponyta!" Teiran shouted, throwing her hands to her out from her sides.

"It's how real trainers battle." Emily said. It wasn't her first battle. "And no I don't remember you only have one pokemon, You never told me how many pokemon you have. You just challenged me to a battle." She was a tad annoyed. Ashy went back to Emily.

"I'm fine, just a little burnt." Teiran said, giving him a sheepish close eyed smile. She picked up her Popplio, and said, "Sorry to get all up in your face, Emily. I just get really mad when things appear to be unfair..." Teiran then extended a hand, hoping for an acceptance of her apology.
(Actually, Teiran did tell you. She said, 'Can you return your Ponyta? I don't have another Pokemon to substitute.' And in the Pokemon Anime, each trainer has to have the same amount of Pokemon. This isn't the games.)