• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Ha!" Teiran yelled, in a snide remark. "Gust cant whip back electricity." So the move kept on going. Teiran was unsure if it would hit, and even if it did, it wouldn't be very effective. So Teiran stopped and waited until there was some sort of sign to show that it missed or hit.

Duke slapped his own forehead. How could Kyle make such a simple mistake? He quickly glanced down to Rockruff.

"Remember we have to avoid mistakes like that in battle, or it will cost us." Duke said to Rockruff, who nodded back.

(I'm feeling a bit better now, so I'll be more able to RP)

Daniel had been observing the battle from afar, held in place by Lopunny, who feared that the gusts would be enough to push him away from the battlefield.

"So that's a rowlet," he commented aloud, "The grass type starter..."

Daniel had to wonder what starter he'd have chosen, if he'd grown up in Alola. Or better yet, what one his mother would've let him have (She didn't allow fire types in the house, afraid that they'd burn it down)...

(I didn't even know you sick! I'm sorry!)

Unluckily for Teiran and Pichu, Gust still knocked Pichu back, and took major health away!(Like about in the Yellow bar) If Pichu took another hit like that, it would be out. "Are you okay Pichu?!" Teiran asked her electric type. Pichu quickly got to its feet, and answered with a small chirrup. "Okay, lets see if thundershock will make the hit!" Teiran yelled to her Pokemon.

(@Arsenal42226512 are you getting notifications?)

(My SA has been terrible this week, but I'm doing a little better today)

Lopunny cringed at the sight of the battle, wrapping a protective paw around Daniel. She'd had an extreme aversion to battles at first, due to her training; she'd been trained to heal, not to hurt, even though as a service pokemon, she had to act as a functioning member of Daniel's team. Fortunately, he mostly kept her to be used in the appeal rounds, where she didn't have to fight other pokemon.

Duke smiled. This battle was getting good, and Rockruff continued to watch with great focus. This would be an excellent learning experience without question.

(Yeah I'm getting notifications. Sorry about the late responses.)

As Kyle realized what he had done, he slapped his forehead. Rowlett got shocked with Pichu's move, but Pichu also got hit with gust. Kyle had to end this battle quick, so he commanded Rowlett to use Leafage on Pichu.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Axew please let me help you." Blake said, following the little dragon. Chimchar sat on the boy's shoulder as they walked down the trail, trying to stay close by Axew. He saw that Dante was still with him and sighed, "Dante why won't Axew let us help it?" he asked feeling bad for it. Then an idea came to the young trainer that he decided to keep under wraps. "Maybe I should catch it. Then he wouldn't have to worry about struggling." he said, thinking to himself with a smile.

"Ah!" Teiran fretted, not thinking. Pichu got hit with Leafage, over Teiran's late response, and was real low.(Red) "Are you okay, Pichu?!" Teiran asked worriedly. Pichu slowly, but surely got up, a few tears in his eyes. He looked at Teiran, so hurt, that he wanted to be returned. He looked at Teiran with a sad, desperate face. Teiran really didn't want to forfeit the battle, but her Pokemon was in so much pain. She then made up her mind. "Pichu, return." Teiran said, as she took out Pichu's pokeball, and held it up, as Pichu got sucked inside. "I forfeit. You win." Teiran said to Kyle, as she gave him a small, innocent smile. "Pichu needs to be healed." teiran said, as she walked up to Nurse Joy, and handed her Pichu's Pokeball.

Duke let out a smile. Wasn't easy for a trainer to give up, but the health of the Pokemon always came first. Had to respect her for making the right choice, even if it wasn't easy.

"Here you go, fresh and healthy!" Nurse Joy said, handing Pichu's pokeball to Teiran. Teiran released him, and he immediately ran up to her, hugging her foot in happiness that she was willing to do that. "I love you too, buddy." Teiran said, with a small chuckle. Teiran carefully picked up Pichu, and placed him on the shoulder that Popplio wasn't on.

As Kyle healed his Pokemon up after the battle, he went to Teiran and said, "You know, that battle really challenged me! I really want to be able to learn from my mistakes in battling and use elegant techniques to dodge/counter attacks, so, after a lot of thinking.... I want to be your coordinator rival! I know you're a performer, but coordinators have to face similar struggles and accomplish feats that are very similar!"

Last edited:
(She's not a coordinator, she's a performer)

Lopunny finally let Daniel go, satisfied that her master couldn't possibly come to any harm anymore. He manouvered himself over to Teiran, Lopunny monitoring him closely as he did.

"Alright, so, are we ready for Akala now?" he enquired.

"I think that'd be fun!" Teiran said, now getting more easy over Zara and Kyle performing along side her. "Akala it is!" Teiran said, digging in her backpack. "My mom is overprotective, and spoils me a lot, so I have more than enough tickets to go around. She's worried I'll have to make turnaround trips." Teiran said, as she handed everyone a ticket to the ferry. "The ferry leaves in thirty minutes! Let's go!" Teiran shouted in joy, as she ran out the Pokemon center door, both of her Pokemon on her shoulders.

Lopunny took control of Daniel again, pushing him towards the ferry terminal. As much as the rabbit pokemon hated to admit it, she had always dreamed of being on a boat over the ocean... As long as Daniel's condition wouldn't be aggravated.

Daniel looked at the empty pokeballs in his bag, as he wondered what it would be best to catch... A cute lillipup, some eevees, and oricorios would be well received by his uncle's class, he was sure of it...

Thoughts of his next contest also filled his mind. He'd decided that instead of Lopunny, he wanted to use Mightyena, since it'd been a while since she'd done an appeal.

As they headed away from the Pokemon Center, Kyle told Teiran, "I'll be right back! Before I leave Melemele Island, I want to catch at least one Pokemon! I'll meet up with you later!"

"Hurry up. This boat doesn't stop for anything!" Duke said as Kyle left. He then turned to Rockruff and Charizard.

"Alright, time for some sparring! Rockruff has the first move." Duke instructed as Rockruff charged Charizard, the lizard turning to slam its tail against it, before Rockruff ducked underneath as it ran under Charizard's legs. It then turned and nailed Charizard with a Tackle, stunning it for just a moment as Charizard remained in place.

"Hurry, though! Half an hour!" Teiran yelled to Kyle. "I hope he catches one in a minimum of that time..." Teiran said, as she made her way to the ferry terminal. "You guys ready?" Teiran asked Daniel and Lopunny, as she tilted her head to the side. Teiran then looked to the open ocean, as if she were expecting the boat to come now.

Duke saw the others leave and let out a sigh.

"Break! We'll resume another time." Duke said before recalling Rockruff and making his way to the Ferry Terminal with Teiran and Daniel, Charizard right behind him.

"Ready when you are!" Duke said with a big grin.

"We just need to wait for Zara and Kyle, and Emily...I never really knew where she went after that one night." Teiran said, raising a contemplative hand to her chin. She looked back to where Kyle left. "I just hope he comes back soon..." Teiran said, wanting to get to Akala.

As Kyle and Rowlett were walking through the woods, they spotted a Cutiefly! Kyle knew that those would be good for performances, so he had Rowlett use Gust on it, and while it was distracted, he threw a PokeBall at it and caught it! Then, as he headed back to the ferry, he saw Teiran. "Don't worry, I'm back!" he exclaimed.

(Gonna be gone again for a few hours. Sorry)

"Then lets go, shall we?" Teiran said to everyone, right as a ferry was in sight. It was headed their way, and Teiran could hear a loud horn. "Alright, it's coming!" Teiran shouted in joy, as she bounced up and down, her Pokemon hanging onto her shoulders for dear life. "Sorry, I'm just so excited!" Teiran said to her Pokemon, as they gave a nod of agreement.

Duke smiled. He enjoyed Teiran's enthusiasm. Her positive attitude was practically infectious.

"Then we're off! Time to travel my friend." Duke said patting Charizard on the back, who smiled at its trainer.

Lopunny grunted affirmatively, pushing her master into the boarding area with all the delicacy and care that could only be expected of a service pokemon.

"Off to Akala, then!" Daniel declared, relaxed in his chair.

(@V0ID_G1R1T1N4 Ask on the discussion page, give me the information, and then I'll approve. You need to read the first reply!)

Teiran rushed up on the deck, as the ferry pulled in. A plank, about the width of a bridge, fell from the ferry to the deck, and Teiran rushed up on board. "Let's do this thing! Only a day till we get to Akala!" Teiran shouted, pumping her fist in the air. She ran around on the ferry, looking at everything. Then she ran forward to the front, handed the man her ticket, and ran around again.

Duke walked up the plank before handing the man his own ticket, following Teiran to the deck. Taking but a moment to admire the view.

"Nice and spacious. This is perfect!" Duke said with a big grin, Charizard nodded agreeing with his trainer's view.

Daniel examined the ferry's facilities with starry eyes, wondering what he should go for first, as Lopunny pushed him up to the deck. He locked himself into place just short of the rails, so that he wouldn't be blown into anyone, or anything.

"Well, this is nice enough," he concurred.

(Click here https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-journey-in-alola-discussion.15747/page-4#post-429022 and ask there)

"It is great, isn't it?" Teiran remarked, as she ran to the front of the ferry, and jumped on the railing, as she wobbled from side to side, over the water, and over the boat. Popplio and Pichu, cautious enough of the water, jumped off Teiran's shoulder, avoiding the chance of falling. Teiran, stayed up as long as possible, feeling the breeze in her hair and face. Then she teetered and tottered, until she started to fall backwards, onto the deck.

Duke ran over can caught Teiran before she hit the deck. Greeting her with a chuckle.

"Careful, don't want to hurt yourself before we set sail." Duke said with a big grin.

Charizard looked on to see if Teiran was okay, it had grown to like her.

"Oh, I'm fine Charizard!" Teiran assured the large Pokemon, as she rubbed her head, sheepishly. Popplio and Pichu walked with Teiran, instead of staying on her shoulder. Teiran looked at the great view, and looked at the board, to see if Zara, or Kyle were coming on soon. "They're probably looking for something..." Teiran said to herself. Teiran liked to help, but she didn't want to interfere.

He stared at Cubone's Pokéball and threw it in the air.
"Go Cubone!" He shouted enthusiastically. Cubone jumped out of his Pokéball and gave Akio a great, big hug. Akio hugged back smiling.
"Let's go to Alola!" He said. They boarded the plane and sat down.

(Whoa...first off, you can't post twice in a row, and second of all, in your last text you already were in Alola)

Teiran looked around the ferry, walking with her hands behind her back. She admired how pretty it was, and how spacious the ferry was. "Shall we go find suitable rooms for ourselves?" Teiran asked Duke, since he was the only person he could see at the time. Teiran, without waiting for an answer, took off to find some open rooms.

"Yeah, just gimme a sec!" Daniel called, unlocking the wheels on his chair, "Lopunny, find somewhere big for me."

The rabbit nodded affirmatively, pushing Daniel after Teiran as they searched for a room big enough for him to fit his wheelchair inside.

(I'm so sorry, I'm new and I understand now...I'm not in alola let's put it there)

The plane sets off and Cubone is excited as ever to evolve. Akio is looking out the window, staring. Charmeleon's Pokéball shakes.
Akio notices but remembered the rules. He scolded the Pokéball,
"Were almost there buddy just wait you'll see!"

"Sounds good. We're right behind you." Duke said as he and Charizard were ready to go and find a place to sleep. After all rest was essential in getting energy for their many workouts and non-stop training.

"I pick...this one!" Teiran said, stopping at a door, wooden, with a small circular window on it. "Teiran grabbed the knob, and twisted it, for the door to give a click as it opened. Teiran stepped inside. There was a nice bed, all the walls were wooden, there was a desk, a trash can next to it, and a green rug. It also had a PC box, which was of no use to Teiran at the moment. There was also a drawer to hold clothes, so Teiran put a second pair of what she was wearing into the drawer for tomorrow.

Last edited:
The plane lands with a bump, Akio and Cubone get off at Hau'oli city and wondered around until he got to the ferry, amazed by the scenery he asked if he could get a ride to another island. The man gave him a ticket and he joined a ferry.
"Go Charmeleon" He shouted as he threw out the desperate Pokémon, Charmeleon zoomed around the ferry so happy to be free and see his trainer Akio. Akio smiled and hugged his Lizard Pokémon.
"Great to see you too friend." He joyfully replied to Charmeleon's actions.

Teiran stepped out of her spacious room, to look more upon the deck. "So peaceful..." Teiran said, as she soon came upon a boy with a Charmelian. "Whoa! I've never seen a Charmelian in real life before!" Teiran said, as she ran over to the Pokemon. "Oh, hi!" Teiran said, noticing the trainer. "I'm Teiran. It's nice to meet you." Teiran said, smiling at him, holding out her hand.