• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"I appreciate the offer, Duke, but I want us all to stick together. If they want to leave, I want to leave as well." Teiran announced, as her Popplio looked at her in agreement. "So, does anyone want to stay, and does anyone want to leave?" Teiran asked her friends, hoping that whatever they voted for, she would take in exceptionally.

"I'm indifferent, since my next contest isn't for a while yet," Daniel answered, "But we'll need to hurry it up a bit, no matter what we do. The trial sites are gonna be packed, as are the ferry terminals."

"I believe I made my thoughts well known." Duke said with a smile to Teiran. Whatever decision she made, he'd respect it. Part of him really wanted to see the Island Trials in person, but if the group wanted to leave he wouldn't protest.

Last edited:
"Zara? What are your thoughts?" Teiran asked her friend. Teiran didn't care where she went, she knew in the end, she'd come back to finish. Zara was last vote, if she wanted to leave, Teiran would leave, if she waned to stay Teiran would stay. It didn't matter to Teiran. As long as she was with her friends.
(@AspenTR33 are you getting notifications?)

(Sorry! I was offline for a while!)
Zara remembered that she had told Tim she would call him back after Teiran's Showcase. "I've got one thing to do first, but it shouldn't take long," she said. "My brother's on Poni Island right now. That's who I was talking to in the Pokemon Center and why I was late for the Showcase. I should at least tell him we're going to Akala Island."

"So Akala it is!" Teiran said, as she followed Zara to the Pokemon Center. "We can beat the trials at Akala, then when we're done with that, if we come back to Melemele, we can beat the trials!" Teiran said to Popplio. Popplio looked a little bummed not to be able to challenge the trial, but decided that it was able to wait.

Duke nodded, respecting Teiran's choice before he turned to his Charizard.

"Sounds fine by me, off to Akala!" Duke said to his Charizard, ready for the road ahead. Charizard nodded in agreement.

Zara grinned and dialed the number of the Poni Island Pokemon Center into the video phone at the Pokemon Center. Tim answered, not looking absolutely exhausted this time. "Hey, Zara! How was it?" he asked.
"Awesome! And I'm going to try it too now!" Zara replied. Tim tilted his head to the side.
"What about being a Pokemon researcher?" he queried.
"I think I can do both. Or I'll definitely try!"

"Alright. At least let me get my package first," Daniel added, as Lopunny began pushing him toward the ferry terminal. He had to finish preparing for his next contest as well, which was due to happen fairly soon, and do a small favour for his uncle. He was teaching a class of beginner coordinators back in Unova, and he wanted Daniel to catch some starters for them, preferably pretty ones, like oricorio, and eevee.

"So who's this?" Teiran asked Zara, looking at the boy Zara was talking to. "Alola, fellow friend!" Teiran said, as she introduced herself to the man in the screen. "I'm Teiran!" she finished, as she held out a hand, not even realizing what she was doing. Teiran was just used to it.
(It's a nice day where I live, so I'll be outside.)

Tim laughed. "Alola! I'm Tim, Zara's sister." at that he was pushed out of the way by his Flareon, Blitz.
"Eon Flareon!" it barked, clearly excited to see Zara. Tim got back into the screen again, only to be pushed back out by Blitz. Apparently, the third time really was the charm, and he stayed in the frame that time.
"And this is Blitz!" he introduced his Fire-type friend. Zara giggled.
"Well, we have to go pretty soon. We're heading to Akala for a Showcase and for Teiran's Island Trial!"
"Oh! Good luck, both of you! I'll keep an eye out so I can watch and cheer you on! Bye for now!" Tim pressed a button, and the screen fizzled out before turning black. Zara turned to Teiran.
"Well, I should probably head to my place and get packing for Akala Island! See ya soon!" she said and walked out the door and began the walk to her house. Dex floated behind her.
"What about your drezzz?" it asked. Zara thought for a second. She couldn't hold up everyone and delay the trip to Akala Island, but she didn't want to borrow a dress either.
"Are there any dress shops on Akala?" she questioned. Dex buzzed for a second, then pulled up a map of Akala Island.
"There are two in HeaHea City, which is where the ferry should be arriving," Dex informed Zara. Zara nodded.
"Then I'll get a dress in HeaHea City," she declared. Zap, growing impatient, picked Zara and Dex up using Psychic and rushed to Zara's house. They got there very quickly, and Zara packed lightly.

Daniel, meanwhile, was pushed down the street to the pharmacy, to get his package, before Lopunny pushed him back to the pokemon centre. As he expected, it was just his medication, and a rare seal for his pokemon, and a few other bits, but he'd open them later.

And a letter from Kemen.

Though he questioned the old fashioned method of communication, Daniel always appreciated Kemen, his partner of two years' letters. He was a very busy person nowadays, since he'd become the Nita King, and he was often having to attend balls, and give exhibition performances, and all sorts of other duties, so he rarely found time to write to Daniel...

He stashed the letter and package away, wanting to read the letter in private.

Teiran watched Zara leave, and Daniel enter. "Alola, Daniel!" Teiran said to him, as she gave him a cheery look. "Can I ask you something of importance?" Teiran said, as the smile faded from her face. She was thinking about the competetion, Zara and her, and wanted to get an opinion from someone.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake scooped up the Axew in his arms, "Come on buddy." he said nicely. The tiny dragon immediately slipped from the boy's hands and began to walk away from him in it's injured state. That Haxorus only left them alone out of pity and disappointment. He saw that Axew was so weak to accept help from someone so he simply left. Blake however, didn't understand that sort of thing. "Where are you going Axew? We can help you." he said. The green dragon kept trotting down a small path into the jungle. Although the boy didn't like the idea of it at all, he reluctantly followed Axew down the path.

"What is it?" Daniel enquired, carefully crossing his legs.

Lopunny cried discontentedly at some strange children, who appeared no older than four or five nearby, who seemed to be bounding over, with the intent of petting her. One sharp glare, and the threat of a jump kick later, they were on their way, however.

Zara hurried back to the Pokemon Center without Zap using Psychic on her this time. Ashley and June were out of their Pokeballs as well. Dex floated beside Zara's shoulder. Zara got to the Pokemon Center and grinned. "Hey, guys! I guess we're just waiting on Duke, huh?" she said cheerfully.

"Hurry up, Rowlett!" gasped Kyle, out of breath as he ran to the Pokemon Center on Melemele island. The owl Pokemon was flying behind him at top speed, but it could not move anymore. Kyle decided to put the Pokemon in his empty backpack as he ran to the Pokemon Center. Once inside, he saw a group of Trainers and decided that they would know how to get to where he wanted to go. "Excuse me," he said, out of breath, "would you mind telling me how to get to Akala island?"

"Alola! I'm Teiran." Teiran said to the mysterious trainer. She turned to Daniel, and said, I'll talk later." In a hush voice. "We're going to Akala island ourselves, so if you want to join us, I'd b happy to help! As long as my friends are okay with it!" Teiran said, looking to Daniel and Zara.

Duke soon arrived into the Pokemon Center, Charizard in toe, and greets everyone with a large grin.

"Sorry about that, busy doing some outdoor workouts with Charizard. I'm here and ready." Duke said as Charizard just looked at everyone, not making a sound.

He saw the new guy and greeted him with a smile.

"If you want to come with us, you've got my approval." Duke said.

"Thanks a lot, guys!" exclaimed Kyle with relief. "I got the Trials and the Battle Royale, and I STILL have only one Pokemon. Ain't that right, Rowlett?" Kyle grabbed Rowlett out of its cozy nest in its bag and put it on his shoulder.

Daniel nodded, quietly ordering Lopunny to turn him in the direction of the newcomer.

"You might as well, since we're all headed to the same place," he answered, "I'm Daniel, by the way, and this is Lopunny."

Lopunny raised her paw in greeting, squeaking politely at the stranger.

"Nice to meet you all," said Kyle. "My name is Kyle, by the way. It's really nice to meet you! How are we going to get to Akala by the way? Will we take a ferry or Charizard or...."

"I'm Teiran, and I'm 11 years of age, aiming to be the Alola queen, and Alola champion!" Teiran said, holding out her hand for the mysterious trainer to shake. She couldn't wait for the boat to Akala, so she could talk to Daniel in private.
(Whoops!)

"If that is the case," said Kyle, "then Rowlett and I are your rivals! We're planning on being Champion too! Say, why don't we have a battle? If you don't want to then that is fine, but, you see, Rowlett and I have never battled before...."

"Name's Duke. I am to make my team the best it can be and combat against the evils of the Pokemon World!" Duke said as he and Charizard began to due their routine Power Rangers style greeting poses.

Daniel cleared his throat discreetly, eager to give a proper introduction. "Daniel Diaz, nephew of Alexander Diaz, and I'm aiming to become top coordinator!"

His voice suddenly lowered, as he finshed his intro, "Call me inspirational, and I'll rip you to shreds. You'll be tasting the end of my Mightyena's ice fang!"

"Alright! A one on one battle...Pichu, I choose you!" Teiran announced, tossing a pokeball, to release Pichu. Popplio looked at Teiran in hurt, as she didn't choose him to battle. "Sorry, buddy, but Pichu hasn't battled yet!" Teiran said. "I promise I'll use you next time!" she said, as Popplio relaxed a bit. "First move!" Teiran said, as she pointed to Kyle.
(Later guys!)

"Ok then," said Kyle as he shook his Pokemon awake, who fluttered into the air and was ready to battle. "Rowlett, use Leafage on Popplio, quick!" Rowlett shot out a storm of leaves straight at Pichu, and hopefully, it would do some decent damage.

(AAAAAHHH! Sorry about that, I was an hour and a half away from my computer for the majority of the day! >_<)
Zara watched as the Pokemon began to battle. Ashley flared up for Teiran, while Zap's cheeks crackled with electricity. Get out of there, Pichu! Zara silently told the small Pokemon. This was its first battle; she didn't want it to lose! Dex seemed to be murmuring to itself. Something about percentages of likelihood that Pichu would be able to dodge this attack, Zara didn't really pay attention.

(@Firetamer123 I feel your struggle. I had to read 200+ msgs that i was not notified about. Sorry about that everyone.)

Dante picked himself up an had reached for his Pokéballs to lend some support to Blake. He was about to release his Scizor when the Pokémon dashed baxk into the woods. "That was a Haxorus lad, they are very well know for their random outrages. The little one you have their is Axew, the baby version of that beast." He smiled. "Indeed i can he-" before he knew it both the Axew and Blake were taking off into the woods. "H-Hey, wait up!" He said following after the others. "That thing could decide to come back any second." He said catching up to Blake.

Last edited:
"Pichu! Dodge, and use sweet kiss!" Teiran shouted, as the Pichu flipped into the air, dodging the attack. Pichu landed back on the ground, gracefully, and ran up to the Rowlet, in an attempt to give him a sweet kiss, hence the name. "Confusion..." Teiran murmured to herself, as she examined what would happen if sweet kiss were to hit.

(You can't blow a physical move back at me)
The gust caught Pichu off guard, which caused it to fly further from the Rowlet. Pichu landed back on it's feet, a little battered up, but still able to fight. "Pichu, don't give up, and use Charm!" she said, not sure what charm did. After this battle, Teiran would tell Daniel about her secret, if she ever got time to talk to him alone.

( Sweet Kiss isn't physical, it's a status move, like Poison Powder or Stun Spore according to Bulbapedia)
"Rowlett, use Growl!" shouted Kyle. Hopefully those two moves would counter each other and take Pichu's attack down, too! Charm affected Rowlett and it looked like Growl would affect Pichu.

Duke watched with great interest, before he released his Rockruff. Duke crouched down and patted his Pokémon on the head.

"Watch my friend, this is a true Pokémon battle, learn from it." Duke said as Rockruff looked at the battle with great interest.

Ashley jumped back and forth excitedly, almost like sports fans jump out of their seats when the game gets intense. Zara noticed this and smiled. Maybe sometime I could get you into a battle with someone too, she thought. June didn't seem to be paying much attention; rather, the Glaceon seemed to find grooming more important than spectating the battle.

While he sent out a Growl attack, Kyle commanded Rowlett to use Leafage on the Pichu once more, and hopefully, it would hit this time, although the power was weaker due to Charm.

(Technically, since we are doing it based on anime, Sweet kiss is a physical attack. It may not be hitting Rowlet directly, but Pichu needs to use his body to use it! Bulbepedia is not the boss of the anime!)

Pichu, not ready for growl, got his ears shot, as his attack fell. Teiran saw the leafage coming, and ordered Pichu to jump in the air, dodging the Leafage. "Pichu, use thundershock, again!" Teiran shouted to her Pokemon, as He twirled onto the ground, and used a beautiful thundershock. "Great..." Teiran whispered to herself.

Rockruff watched with great focus, almost trying to analyze the tactics used by the trainers. Duke couldn't help but smile. Rockruff had an admirable spirit and a desire to improve.

"Rowlett, reflect that Thunder Shock back at that Pichu!" exclaimed Kyle. This Pichu was able to dodge every single attack Rowlett there at it, but it wouldn't dodge this!