• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Votes came flooding in, and Teiran didn't want to look up at the keyhole. She looked at her blue key, that was attached to her dress, she saw 2 votes, until more came flooding into it, making the blue gem inside the key light up. "And the winner, who will be going to the freestyle performance is......" Teiran stood there, in anticipation. "Teiran! An her Pokemon Popplio and Pichu!" Teiran opened her eyes, her face struck with awe. She had one the first round. Her face slowly turned into a smile, as she grabbed both her Pokemon and held them tight. "You guys were amazing, especially for not practicing the Pokepuff round!" Teiran told her Pokemon, as the replied with a small chirrup.

"She really did it..."

Carefully pushing himself upright, Daniel decided that the occassion was worthy of a rare standing ovation, from him, anyway, and he clapped along with the rest of the crowd.

Teiran heard Duke's yell of support, and Daniel, starting a standing ovation, as looked up from her Pokemon, to see them in the stands. She smiled at them, and lipped the words, 'Thank you' hoping they would understand. Then Teiran walked backstage, to get ready for the next performance. Teiran tied the blue bow back onto Pichu's ear, and curled her hair for the next performance. "Ready guys?" Teiran whispered to her Pokemon. The both replied with a nod, and Teiran ended up going around the middle of the performers. At that time she took her place on stage, and adjusted the mike she asked for before the performance. She stamped on stage, creating a small beat, as her Pokemon looked at her with a smile. Popplio used bubble into the air, as Pichu used thundershock, creating the paralyzed bubbles. They filled the stage hiding Teiran and her Pokemon. She started to sing, as well as she possibly could, starting with the words, "I used to be so happy but without you here I feel so low..." Still stamping her feet, as a tune went off around the stage. "I watched you as you left but I can never seem to let you go. 'Cause once upon a time you were my everything, it's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing. It's buried deep inside me but I fell there's something you should know!" The bubbles faded, as Teiran and her Pokemon danced on the stage, and she sang the song of 'I will never forget you' while her Pokemon did flips, turns, moves like never before, and she gave them a glance. This went on till near the end of the song, as she ended on one knee, one of her arms on her forehead, and one near her chest. She finished the last line with "Till the day I die." Holding out die. It was finished.

Daniel sat back down in his chair, as per Lopunny's request, as the first of the freestyle performances began, and, to his surprise, it was Teiran up first.

She seemed a lot more comfortable performing freestyle, than she did with the pokepuff performance in the first round. It somewhat came as a surprise to him how experienced she seemed, despite only recently having caught her pichu, and being a complete beginner at showcases... Still, he was glad that in this round, she seemed to be having better luck than in the first.

Duke gave Teiran a thumbs up before sitting down. The next round soon came and Teiran was up. Duke couldn't help but smile watching Teiran perform. She had a great singing voice and her Pokémon added to the performance in the perfect way. Teiran was doing great.

Zara cheered both times that Teiran performed. When she sang and danced, Zap seemed to be incredibly excited. Its cheeks crackled with electricity, strong enough to make Zara's blond hair stand on end due to the electric charge. It did many loop-de-loops when she finished, cheering ecstatically. Zara clapped for Teiran once she was done. "Yeah! Teiran!" she shouted. Zap looked at her, its blue eyes seemingly sparkling. The Raichu's gaze seemed to say something: Please? I really really really really REALLY want to do that! Zara smiled at Zap. "I thought you seemed interested. I'll do what I can." Zap almost fell off of its tail with excitement.

Teiran looked at her friends, happy that they were there for her, cheering her on. She looked at them one by one. First was Duke. Teiran admired his confident, charming characteristics. His smile always brought here joy, and he was always giving her the best confidence. Next was Zara. Zara was always determined, and she was beautiful as well, which Teiran admired. Zara was always there for Teiran, to cheer her on, and Zara, was the first female friend Teiran had in Alola. And last was Daniel, Teiran's first friend in Alola. He would always be there for her, and he had an amazing personality, smart and bashful. He would always tell her the truth, even when it wasn't good. Teiran closed her eyes, and thought, 'No matter what happens, I want to be with them...' Teiran walked off stage, Pokemon close behind, and as she was back stage, she could no longer hold her anxiety, and jumped up, as she shouted, "I'm so proud of you guys!"

Duke stood up and began to clap in support of Teiran. He truly was proud of her. Teiran started off with some rookie gitters, but she and her Pokemon never quite & were able to overcome them to finish with a memorable performance.

Daniel waited quietly, as the next performance began. It was a magic act, featuring a performer with a plusle and a minun, both of whom happened to be shiny.

Lopunny chirruped quietly in concern over at Daniel, who nodded, and hid Plusle's pokeball deep in his bag. Despite the fact that her species was meant to go with minun, Plusle harboured a extremely deep hatred for her counterpart species...

(Yay! Thanks, Godjacob!)
Teiran waited for the other performers to finish. Some did some really good performances. The last performance was a trainer with a Pikipek, who used gust and swift. Teiran looked at the beautiful combinations of there's, which was sparkling stars, flying everywhere. "Whoa..." Teiran said in astonishment. They were good, and this was not going to be an easy match to win... "I know we can do it...right guys?" she asked her Pokemon. They both fell over, in exhaustiveness. "Maybe I worked you too hard...I'm sorry, and I'll do better next time." she said, as the performer finished up. Teiran walked out onstage with two other performer's, and looked out at the crowd, as Pichu, and Popplio sat on her shoulder. "We can do this guys...I know we can..." Teiran said, as the announcer said, "Take out your glowcasters, and vote for the performer that you think did the best!"

Duke didn't waste a second. He took out his glowcaster & lit it in full support of Teiran. She really did deserve it, but now he did what he could. It was up to the rest of the audience now.

Daniel lit his glowcaster in support of Teiran, as was to be expected, though he kept it to his chest as he pressed the button. He'd been feeling a little looser than usual that morning, and he didn't want to accidently throw his arm out at this point...

Teiran saw two votes come in, and a few more piled in. Until all the glowcasters died down. "And the winner is..." The announcer said, giving everybody a cliffhanger line. Teiran could feel the warmth of the spotlight as it traveled over her. "Fernando!" The announcer said, as the warmth faded. Teiran looked to the side, to see a new performer, hair black, and about up to ear length. "The performer with the Pikipek." Teiran said to herself. Though she was disappointed in losing, she looked at him and smiled. "Congrats!" she said in joy for the performer.

Duke couldn't avoid the crushing disappointment he felt when the spotlight landed on Fernando. Teiran worked so hard, but in the end came up short. Still he couldn't help but smile when Teiran congratulated Fernando; being able to show true sportsmanship despite a tough loss showed what great character Teiran had. Duke decided to be a good sport as well and clap for Fernando. Teiran would get her chance; experience was the only thing holding her back, she'll be a great performer Duke was sure of that.

"Better luck next time, I s'pose," Daniel commented, reminiscing about his first contest. He'd been stopped short of a win at the quarter finals, but all he'd had was his Serperior, who'd only been a snivy at the time...

Still, he was confident that Teiran would learn from this experience, as he'd had with his. Maybe once she learned some more combinations, and caught some more pokemon, she'd do better.

(How long since I've been here?)
Roger strolled back into the forest and decided to read the letter. "Hmmm.."
Dear Family of Hans ______
We ___ here to inform that ____ _____ ____ ___ in a serious sinkhole accident on Route _. Gym lea__rs ar_ remembering the ____ one, and this is a notice to the _amily.
De_p Regards
~_____ Region
"Most of this letter is blurred. Shameful." He put the letter back in the envelope and went to bed.

Zara sighed at Teiran's loss. She put so much time and so much practice into that performance. But so did everyone, she reminded herself. I know she'll get the next one! Or... Zara looked at Zap, who was cheering for Teiran even though she lost. She'll get awful close! Zap's so pumped for this, there's no way we can lose!

Teiran noticed all the commotion for Fernando's win. "Thanks!" said Fernando. "I hope to see you in the next performance!" he said, holding out a hand. Teiran blinked for a minute, then took his hand, and shook it, nice and firm. "Defiantly!" Teiran said, as she walked back stage, and got changed in her normal clothes. "That was awful fun!" she said to Popplio and Pichu, who agreed, but seemed sad from their current loss. "Don't feel down. I know we'll get it next time!" Teiran said, filled with confidence. Sure she was disappointed about the loss, but she had faith. She wasn't giving up yet.

Duke got up and went towards the main exit, planning to wait for Teiran and the others there. Along the way he shot the female worker from earlier a glare, who looked back at him with confusion, before he made it outside. Duke then released Charizard, who looked back at its trainer with curiosity.

"Teiran gave it her all, giving a spirited performance, but alas she came up short." Duke explained as Charizard looked sad at the news, it had grown to like Teiran.

"Don't let that get your spirits down! Teiran will be back and deliver a better performance next time. She's got heart and passion! She'll be a great performer I promise you that. This was just a learning experience." Duke said patting Charizard on the head, it seemed to make it feel better.

Zara went to the exit as well, but stopped to register as a Performer first. She wanted to try one Showcase first to kind of dip her figurative toe into the figurative water and see if she enjoyed it. The Trainer really didn't want it to take away from her plans to become a Pokemon researcher, too. She saw Duke and walked over. "Hey! Duke, right?"

Teiran made her way off stage, as happy as ever. She was so happy, it seemed as if she had won the performance! With Pichu back in his Pokeball, and Popplio on Teiran's shoulder, she walked off the stage, and out the door, to see Duke and his Charizard. "Alola, Duke! Alola, Charizard!" Teiran greeted them.

Zara smiled. "You did awesome in the Showcase!" she told Teiran. "And...Zap seemed to really want to perform. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try, so...I'm gonna be performing in the next Showcase!" Zara laughed as Zap did circles around the group. It bumped into someone who was walking by. They glared and muttered something before storming off angrily. Zap seemed to be oblivious to this and continued to zip around Duke, Charizard, Zara and Teiran.

Duke saw Teiran and greeted her with a smile, Charizard also looked quite happy to see her.

"Alola, Teiran. I'm not very good at comforting others but...don't let this loss get to you. You put on quite the performance and should be proud of what you did." Duke said trying to give her encouragement. Charizard nodded in agreement.

Duke then saw another girl, the one with the Rotom Dex, approach them.

"Yes I am Duke. I don't believe we've been properly introduced. It is nice to meet you in any event." Duke said with a big grin. Charizard stared at the girl with curiosity.

"Great, Zara!" Teiran said, completely losing faith in herself. She DID NOT want to compete against Zara, in much fear she would be amazing, as in so amazing, that Teiran wouldn't get any keys. In the end, Teiran could live with it. Teiran turned to Duke. "Thanks Duke, but to be honest, the last performance, wasn't exactly what I had planned, and neither was the first. The first was pure luck, and the second...well, we just made it up along the way!" Teiran said.

"Don't sell yourself short. You had some beginner gitters, but you bounced back in an amazing way. Most would crack under pressure when things don't go as planned, but you made it work. That second part was a spectacle; you have talent and as long as you keep working hard and practice you'll give any performer a run for their money." Duke said, truly believing his words with Charizard giving a thumbs up.

Teiran DID realize she was getting ahead of herself, so she said, "Yeah, I know...I was nervous. And thanks!" Teiran said, as she blushed a deep red. No one, not even her parents had told her she had true talent. "I sometimes just wish I could tell the world what I feel, in song form...just so...you know...everyone would know..." she said, as she had a faint smile on her face. "By the way, where's Daniel?" she asked, in curiosity.

"Uh...I honestly don't know." Zara blushed a bit. "I didn't really see him too much, I got here a bit late..." Dex suddenly flew out of the building. It beeped when it saw Zara.
"I'vvve been looking for you for agezz!" it said, seemingly exasperated. Zara facepalmed.
"Jeez, I'm so stupid sometimes," she muttered, then laughed at her own ditziness. "Let's just hope I don't trip onstage or something," she then realized that she absolutely could not go onstage just in shorts, a tee-shirt, and a baseball cap. "Aw, shoot," she said. "I'm gonna have to look for something for the showcase!" she gestured to her outfit. Dex blooped, then an image popped up on the screen.
"How about thizz plazze?" it buzzed. A dress store right in the city showed up.
"That's actually pretty convenient," Zara chuckled. "Let's wait though."

"He'll be here eventually. I just left a little early to beat out traffic." Duke said before he looked Teiran dead in the eye.

"Don't just wish for it, make it happen! The only thing that holds you back is self doubt. There is nothing you cannot achieve with self belief. Hard work and talent are important, but without the belief that you can succeed those traits are worthless. You have the talent, you have the passion, you just need the belief that I can do this and there is nothing that will stop you from becoming a great performer." Duke said offering advice.

Teiran took in Duke's words, and thought of them carefully. "Got it..." she said, as she gave the ground a firm look. "And Zara? The performance hall, does provide dresses, shoes, and other accessories if you need them." Teiran said to the girl. Teiran sat on the floor, anticipating Daniel's presence. Teiran couldn't think straight. She wasn't sure if it was the performance, or the anticipation, or the felling for a need...a crush...a crush was what she was going through. Teiran wasn't sure who she was crushing on, but she knew, that she was...Teiran closed her eyes, and clenched her hands into fists, as she put them together, and meditated on the thought of a crush...not much...

(Timezone restrictions, guys. It was three in the morning in England, and I had to go to bed...)

Getting out of the showcase hall proved remarkably cumbersome, for Daniel. The coordinator and his Lopunny were pushed past several times, leaving virtually no opportunity for them to reach the boy's wheelchair...

When it seemed that the showcase hall had all but cleared out, Daniel finally managed to get to his chair, re-assemble it, and have Lopunny push him outside, to meet the others. He'd kept them waiting long enough...

"Hey," he greeted, "Did I miss much?"

(I kinda figured that you were probably asleep lol)
Zara looked at Daniel. "Not much. Other than the fact that I'm gonna try to be a performer!" She then looked at the hall. "When and where is the next Showcase?" she asked. Zap had stopped revolving around the Trainers and now seemed a bit tired. Zara grinned and returned her Electric type pal.

(I'm sorry Noir! I'm just use to staying up till 8:00am to 6:00)
"The next showcase?" Teiran asked Zara, as she pulled out a pokegear. "The nearest one is one I think we can attend. It's on...Akala island, and it's in about 5 days. Is it best we get a ferry to get there?" Teiran said, feeling a little glum. Teiran really wanted to beat the trial, and grand trial on Melemele island.

"5 days for a boat maybe, but my team could get there in half the time, probably less." Duke said. That statement sounded arrogant, but it was true. He did make it to Alola on Gyarados' back after all.

"However that is for personal transport, and maybe one other person, a group like this would probably be best served going by boat." Duke said, conceding the fact that travel by Gyarados wasn't an option for a big group...especially in Daniel's case.

"I'm pretty sure that it's the only way, unless somebody has a ride pager we can use," Daniel scoffed, "But I think that taking the ferry'd be much safer than going by pokemon..."

The boy glanced down at his bag, satisfied that Plusle wouldn't try to escape her ultra ball now that there were no minun in sight. "I think that there'll be an exhibition performance there, from a performer from a far-off land..."

"Well it doesn't take five days by boat, it takes only about a day or so. I'm saying the showcase is in five days." Teiran cleared up. "I think it is the best way to get to Akala island. Anyone object?" Teiran said, as she looked around at the group. Teiran hoped she'd see Fernando at the next performance, along with his Pikipek.

"I have no objections. Does anyone have anything they'd like to do before leaving this island. Speak now or hold your tongue " Duke said to the group. He didn't want anyone to leave before they finish whatever they wanted to on Melemele island.

"Well..." Teiran started. "I wanted to finish my island trial..." she said, letting out a breath of air. "But it can wait until we come back soon, right?" Teiran said, sweating a little. She didn't want to sound desperate, but she didn't want to leave as soon as possible. There was still time, right. "I only want to stay if you guys don't have a problem with the trip to Akala delayed." Teiran said, still sweating.

"No objections my end," Daniel scoffed, "But before we go, I have to pick up a package. My uncle's having it sent to the pharmacy here, and without it, I might not be able to function."

In his hurry to leave for Alola, Daniel had completely forgotten his painkiller supply, or at least, enough to last him until Poni Island. But knowing his uncle, he'd probably slipped in a gift or two for him as well. He always bought Daniel rare seals for his contests, or new accessories for his pokemon...

"If Teiran wants to finish the Island Trials here, then she shall! I'm willing to stay and help you get to where you need to go." Duke said to Teiran. He had no rush, really he had all the time in the world to travel Alola; helping his friend was top priority.

"Also I'm willing to wait for you to get the package you need." Duke said to Daniel.