• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

(i dont watch the anime just play the games i've seen like one ep of it though)

"It's fine." Emily said taking her hand. "Home Ashy didn't hurt you to bad."

"I'm fine, really!" Teiran said, dusting off a few ashes that were found on her clothes. "i hope that doesn't happen again though!" Teiran said, as she laughed. Then Popplio hopped up onto her shoulder, and gave Teiran a close eyed smile. Teiran pet the top of his head. "So, should we hit a Pokemon Center?" she asked, noticing the health on their Pokemon.

"yes we should." Emily said. "I would offer you a ride on Ashy but I don't think she trusts you enough. I wouldn't want you to get burned." Ashy nodded and nudged her trainer playfully.

"Sounds good to me," Daniel agreed, "I'm beat after my contest today, and I'll bet that Machoke is too!"

He put his stuff away, securing his bag under his seatbelt. "Letz'd be off, then!"

Teiran, then raced for the nearest Pokemon Center, not even waiting for the others, as she sped of into a separate direction. "Hurry up, Slowpokes! It's this way!" Teiran said, in a playful voice. Teiran needed to get her Partner ready for there showcases, if any popped up.

Daniel rolled after her, having to take extra care as he tried not to crush any small pokemon on the road under his wheels.

As soon as he arrived, he got Lopunny out, deciding that she could take over, and push him. He didn't want to risk a dislocation when he had a seal combination to perfect, for his next appeal.

Zara saw Daniel and Lopunny, and rushed over. "Sorry, I got a little bit sidetracked," she apologized. For once, she had all of her Pokemon stashed away in a small purple backpack she had left in her hotel room when she was at the beach and the showcase. "Congratulations on winning!" Zara put her hand up for a high five. "You were awesome!"

Duke loved acting as a referee, perhaps that was the wrong word. Duke preferred being called coach. His Rockruff stood face to face with his Shiny Charizard.

"Remember, size isn't everything. Show no fear!" Duke called as Rockruff charged Charizard only to get smacked with its tail. Rockruff got up, dirt and bruises covered it from a tough day of training.

"I think we'll call it a day. Excellent work! Not it's off to the Pokemon Center!" Duke said as he recalled Rockruff and got on Charizard's back to fly to the nearby center. Below he saw a group of trainers also make their way towards the center.

"Well this could be interesting." Duke said as he instructed Charizard to fly down to the group.

Teiran raced into the Pokemon Center, and handed Nurse Joy her Popplio. Popplio had no worries, unlike the last time. When Teiran got Popplio back, she decided to walk outside the Pokemon Center for a bit. "I'm gonna walk around a little bit, but I won't be far!" Teiran told the others, as she headed out the door. She was actually looking for a new Pokemon for her team. On her way around, she saw a shiny Charizard. "Whoa..." Teiran said, as Popplio also stared in awe. "Hey, Charizard!" Teiran yelled to it. She had no idea it belonged to a trainer, so she ran up to it.

"Ehe... Well, a few of my battle round wins were pure luck," he chuckled, "But still, I got the ribbon! One down, four to go!"

And he opened his ribbon case, to take a last look at his prize. He wondered if Alola's other ribbons would be as pretty as the one he had won today...

Duke and Charizard landed down when a girl and her Popplio came running towards them.

"Greetings my fair maiden! The name is Duke and this is my partner Charizard. It is an honor to meet you." Duke said as he and Charizard did their traditional greeting poses, which probably looked silly to an outsider looking in.

Emily slowed Ashy and waited outside the pokemon center for the others. She spotted someone with a charizard. "Ashy, let's go check it out. I don't know if he is trying to challeneg Teiran or if he is just saying hello." Ashy used flame charge again and raced back to the others.

Daniel, meanwhile, went to book himself a room for the night, on the ground floor, of course. He had to pay a little extra for a king sized room, but he needed the space with his wheelchair...

He went to his room, dumping everything except for his essentials inside, before grabbing his medication, and going back to the entrance of the pokemon centre

Teiran blushed at the name of 'maiden', for she had never been called that before, and yet also, the fact that he said it was an 'honor' to meet her. "I'm Teiran, and this is my partner, Popplio" Teiran said to Duke, as she introduced herself and her starter. "And it's an honor to meet you as well." she said, holding out her hand. She saw Duke and his Charizard do a certain pose, which Teiran found quite adorable.

((OOC: This is leading up to Zara getting her Rotom Dex, just so you know! Also, I don't know who would be RPing as Professor Kukui...I don't want to control another person's character!))
Zara looked around the Pokemon Center, getting a bit bored. She saw Teiran talking to a Trainer with a strangely colored Charizard, and Daniel coming back to the lobby, but nothing really interesting. Then she saw a man in a white lab coat, glasses, and a hat. She knew that he had to be Professor Kukui! Her mother had told her, 'Professor Kukui might be around. I hear that he just wears his lab coat and shorts, but no shirt, if you want to find him.' Zara walked up to the Professor, eager to meet him and possibly learn from him. She wanted to be a Professor too, someday, so learning would be the best way to experience it. If that made sense.

Duke extended his own hand to complete the handshake. This girl seemed nice. "You have a good heart, and I sense a strong spirit." Duke said with a smile, he truly believed that. No sooner had he thought this that he saw another girl come riding towards him and Teiran, Charizard seemed to tense up at the girl's Pokemon using Flame Charge.

"Relax buddy, she's simply using it to maintain an accelerated pace! No different then when I ride on Donpahn using Rollout." Duke said to Charizard calming it down as the girl arrived at their area.

"Hello there my name is Duke, this is my partner Charizard and it is nice to meet you." Duke said going for a more "traditional" greeting, though he couldn't help it as he and Charizard die some more Power Rangers style greeting poses.

Duke smiled at Emily. "It's a pleasure Emily." Duke then noticed the shiny Ponyta and couldn't help but break in a big grin.

"Well my friend look at that, a meeting of the shiny." Duke said as his Shiny Charizard, who stared at the Ponyta with curiosity.

Emily smiled and patted Ashy. "I've ridden her so much that she is almost ready to evolve." She said. Ashy shook her head and looked to the person the people called Duke.

Duke was able to pat Ponyta on the head, his intense training allowing him to ignore the minor pain the flames caused. "I'm sure she'll be quite a powerhouse when that day comes. With a great trainer like you backing her." Duke says with a smile. Charizard displayed a thumbs up showing its support.

Ashy snorted and stepped away from the unknown person. She didn't like it. "Thanks." Emily said. "To be honest when I came over here I thought you were going to challenge my friend. I came over here to defend her but I guess I don't need to." She laughed a little bit. Ashy pawed the ground.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake and Chimchar quickly got to their feet as the beast emerged from the trees. A giant dragon with two giant tusks shaped like axes walked out. "What is that!" he asked nervously. The Haxorus grew a green energy claw from it's arm and ran at the two. "It's attacking! Chimchar run!" he shouted. Instead, the little fire monkey hit Haxorus' Dragon Claw head on with a Flame Wheel. The fire type was sent flying backwards and crashed into a tree. Blake ran over to Chimchar as he struggled to get up, "Come on buddy we have to go." he said, lifting up Chimchar.

Just as he was about to get to running, the dragon aimed another attack at the duo. He swung around his tail which was coated in the same green energy as before. "It's another attack!" he shouted, trying to avoid with the available time left. All of a sudden a loud bang was heard as the attack connected with something; another Pokemon. A small green Pokemon who also had tusks was sent flying past Blake and Chimchar. Blake ran over to it as the Haxorus went back into the jungle. "This'll be the first time I ever get to calmly use my Pokedex without being in a life or death situation." he said, whipping it out and scanning the injured Pokemon.

Axew. The Tusk Pokemon. Axew are very territorial and mark their territory by making slashes in trees. When Axew are young, they are thrown out of their nest so they can grow strong and learn to fend for themselves.

"Wow so you really have it rough little buddy. Don't worry though we're gonna heal you." he said with a smile. "Dante you can help Axew right?" he asked. "Chimchar needs help also." he added even though the monkey denied it.

Duke saw the Ponyta back away and realized he was being too pushy.

"My apologies. I should have asked for permission to pet you, I'm truly sorry." Duke said to Ashy, crouching down to meet the pony at eye level; a show of respect. He then pulled out some berries and laid them on the ground, a gift and a show of goodwill.

"I promise I mean no harm. Though if you'd like to battle for sport, we are always prepared!" Duke said standing up and facing Emily with a big smile.

"...of course that will have to wait, a teammate of mine is tired and needs a checkup at the Pokemon Center." Duke said to Emily referring to his bruised Rockruff.

"As do our pokemon." Emily said. "Besides I don't think we stand a chance against your chairzard." Ashy eyed him suspiciously before cautiously nibbling at the berries Duke set down. She smiled and patted Ashy again.

(I am RPing as Prof. Kukui)
"Oh, my showcase? I'm not sure yet...let me check." Teiran said, as she got her backpack off of her back. She pulled out her pokegear, and looked at her notes. "Tomorrow it seems..." Teiran said, with a worried look on her face. She hadn't practiced at all, and she only had one Pokemon. "I think I'm gonna catch a Pokemon, and practice my performance. Would you like to join me?" Teiran asked Daniel.

Meanwhile, Professor Kukui was looking for Zara, and spotted her in the Pokemon Center. "Zara! Perfect to see you here! I have something special, that was supposed to be delivered to you, Yeah!" Professor Kukui announced, as a Rotom dex flew from his lab coat. "Pleazzzure to be your new Pokedex, Zzzzara!" The Rotom Dex said to her, in a friendly tone. "And here are a few leftover Pokeballs I have with me." Professor Kukui said, as he handed her a small bag.
(You can control what the Rotom dex says now.)

"Sure I would," Daniel answered warmly, "I'm used to seeing Kemen perform... Man, he's really living the good life now. Since he became the Nita King, he's been a huge celebrity over there!"

Suddenly embarrassed that he had gone on about his partner like that, Daniel hid his face for a bit, before getting back to the subject at hand. "Anyway, do you have a specific pokemon in mind, or are you down to catch, whatever?"

"Oh a performer, how wonderful! Don't worry, there is still plenty of time. You'll do great. I wish you luck!" Duke said to Teiran, giving her a thumbs up, before he and Charizard made their way into the nearby Pokemon Center to get Rockruff healed.

"Excuse me madam, my Pokemon is in need of care." Duke said holding Rockruff's Pokeball.

"Of course, this will take but a moment or two." The nurse said taking the Pokeball and placing it in the healing machine. Now it was a matter of waiting.

"Thanks, Duke!" Teiran said, as she watched him enter the Pokemon Center"The first one I find is as good as ever!" Teiran said, excitedly. "Then I can use it in a show-" Teiran said, but got cu off, as she felt a bit of fur on her leg. She looked down and saw a Pichu, sitting next to her. "Hey little buddy! Do you wanna-AHHH!" Teiran said, the first part petting the Pichu, and the second, getting shocked by it. "Ow..." Teiran said, as she fell over. She quickly regained composure, and Popplio became protective. He sprayed the Pichu with a spout of water, and that's when the battle started. The Pichu used sweet kiss on Popplio, and he became confused, suddenly turning on his trainer. Bubbles flew at her face, and she yelled at Popplio. "Hey! What was that for?" Popplio snapped out of confusion, at the sign of his trainers voice. "Use Bubble on the Pichu!" Teiran yelled. Popplio immediately obeyed her, and the Pichu's health was cut. "Pound!" Teiran said, not letting the Pichu get the chance to fight. Pound lowered the Pichu's health even more, and Teiran took this moment into use. "Go, Pokeball!" Teiran shouted, as she tossed the Pokeball at the Pichu. 1...2...3...click! The Pichu accepted defeat, as Teiran picked up the Pokeball. "Victory!" she shouted.

((:up:))
Zara's smile was huge. "Wow, a Rotom Dex!" she exclaimed. She had heard of them before, but never actually seen one! "Thank you so much!" she thanked Professor Kukui. Just then, Zap made a surprise exit from its Pokeball. Zara laughed, being used to this. Its personality was so big that Zap sometimes couldn't contain itself in the ball. The Alolan Raichu greeted Zara's new Pokedex excitedly. While the two Pokemon got to know each other, Zara had a thoughtful grin on her face. "What should I call you..." she murmured. "I got it!" Zara exclaimed. "I'll call you Dex! That's alright with you, right?" She wanted to check to make sure, like she generally did. It was just something she did, having been raised to be 'respectful'.
"Zzzure it izz!" The Rotom replied, evidently happy.

"Glad to see you to getting along, yeah!" Professor Kukui said. "I best be heading on back to the lab, Yeah!" Professor Kukui added. And with that he walked out of the Pokemon Center, and headed back to the lab. "I know she'll do amazing things with her Rotom dex." he said to himself.

"Oh, a pichu,' Daniel remarked, upon spotting the electric type, "They're common around these parts, or so I've heard. So, now that means you have two pokemon to work with!"

The boy leant back in his chair, relaxing into the sea breeze. "If your showcase is tomorrow, you're gonna have to work quickly," he continued, "You haven't got long to make it like you, let alone work with you..."

"There you go, your Pokemon is all healed up. Have a good day." The nurse said with a smile as Duke took Rockruff's Pokeball.

"Thank you." Duke said with a bow as he and his Charizard walked outside the Center. Duke wondered what he should do now when he decided to see how Teiran was doing. She was nice. Duke saw Terian and a boy in a wheelchair.

"So, any progress my dear?" Duke asked.

"I know that..." Teiran said, as she started walking to the Pokemon Center to heal it. Then she saw Duke, and then he called her 'dear'. She blushed at this, eyes widening, for she had only been called dear by her mother and father. "Just caught a Pichu, that's all..." she said, looking down at the Pokeball that was holding Pichu.

"Splendid! Now all you need to do is get it to work with you. I have every bit of confidence you'll make it happen." Duke said with a large grin before he released his Rockruff and Donphan.

"Donphan use Rollout and stay in place, Rockruff it is time for some conditioning!" Dan said as Donphan began to roll in place and Rockruff jumped on Donphan, using the rolling Pokemon as a treadmill.

Daniel had Lopunny push him, trusting the rabbit's instincts better than his own. He wanted to look around at the city, anyway, and it was hard to do that when he was constantly having to work his wheelchair...

He noticed someone with a rockruff and donphan, as he pulled up to the pokemon centre with Teiran. "You know this guy?" he asked her.

Zara saw Teiran and Daniel heading into the Pokemon Center. She walked over, super excited. Dex and Zap followed. "Hi, Tieran and Daniel!" she said. "I just got a Rotom Dex!" Dex floated next to Zara's shoulder.
"Nizzze to meet you!" It greeted them.

"Cool..." Teiran said, admiring the treadmill work Duke had done. "I do! His name is Duke, and I don't think you two have properly met!" Teiran said. "Duke, this is Daniel, my first friend in Alola! Daniel this is Duke! I met him a few minutes ago!" Teiran said, as she introduced the two of them to each other. "I have to get my Pichu healed, but you two get to know each other!" Teiran said to the boys. Then she saw Zara, and her Rotom Dex. "Whoa! So cool! Nice to meet you, Rotom Dex! I'm Teiran." Teiran said, as she introduced herself. Then she walked into the Pokemon Center, and gave Pichu's Pokeball to Nurse Joy.

"Nice to meet you." Duke said to Daniel. Rockruff continued to run on the Donphan, panting a little, but it kept pushing.

"Keep up the energy!" Duke said to Rockruff before he saw a girl by Teiran with a Rotom Dex.

"So that's the Rotom Dex of Alola? How wonderful!" Duke said with a large grin.