• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Daniel eyed the pokedex quizzically, having never come across anything like it before.

"A talking rotom, that goes inside your pokedex?" he began, "That's crazy!"

As he saw Teiran go inside the pokemon centre, he thought that he ought to split soon, too. He had a combination that he wanted to try out for his next contest, so he wanted to go to the training ground outback...

"Anyway," he continued, "I best be getting to the training ground, to practice for my next contest. Coming?"

"Sure! I'm no Coordinator, but training is something I'm always up for!" Duke said with a smile.

"If you do not mind of course." Duke said, wanting to be polite. Rockruff continued running in place, putting on a little sweat.

"I'm used to performing in front of an audience, so it's fine by me," he assured the stranger, "Now, off we go!"

Lopunny obeyed, pushing Daniel inside the pokemon centre, and then around the desk, to the training ground outback.

He took Lopunny's vest off, before returning her to her pokeball, to set the seals in place. The gust seal, combined with the pink dust seal, seemed like a good fit...

"Can we help out?" Zara offered. "Maybe we could help you practice for the battle rounds or something?" Zap made an excited squeak, eager to help in any way that it could.
"Zzzt, You're a Coordinator?" Dex buzzed. "Do you have any ribbonzz?"

"Sure, I guess that'd be useful, too," he admitted, placing Lopunny's vest in his bag, before beginning the performance.

"Lopunny, you're the star!" he announced proudly, tossing her pokeball high into the air.

Thanks to the seals that he had used, a fierce vortex of wind erupted from the pokeball, before clearing with a sparkly pink boom, as Lopunny appeared.

"Now, Lopunny, begin by using protect!"

The rabbit pokemon gracefully span about the training ground, making a ring of light walls around herself.

"Sounds good!" Duke said returning Donphan and Rockruff as he followed Daniel, His partner Shiny Charizard in toe, to the training grounds.

Duke then sat on the sidelines, watching Daniel practice.

"Give it all you've got!" Duke yelled in support, Charizard giving Daniel a thumbs up.

"Here you are, all nice and refreshed!" Nurse Joy said, as she handed Teiran back her Pichu's Pokeball. "Thanks." Teiran said calmly, as she took back the Pokeball. As soon as she got it, she released the Pichu, and said, "Hi, Pichu! My names Teiran, and I'm sorry about what happened before...I didn't mean to startle you..." "Pi! Pichu!" the Pichu said, accepting the apology. "Yay! I'm so hap-EEEE!" Teiran said, getting shocked by the Pichu again. "Pi!!" Pichu said, telling her he was joking, in Pokemon speak. "I'm sorry, but Pichu, your my Pokemon now, and we need to learn to work together, okay?" "Pichu..." Pichu said, finally accepting to work together. "I'm sure we'll be great friends." Teiran said, as she took something off of her wrist. It was a little piece of blue ribbon. She tied it around bottom of Pichu's ear. "Pichu? Pichu!!" Pichu said, enjoying the ribbon. "You like it buddy? Well that's great!" Teiran said. She walked out of the Pokemon Center, and saw Daniel practicing for his next contest. "You see him? That's Daniel, and that's Zara and Dex, her Rotom Dex, and that's Duke." she said, introducing everyone. "And I'm not sure where Emily is, but do you see what Daniel is doing? Well the thing is, I perform like that as well, and I need your help to do so, along with Popplio!" Teiran explained. "Chu!" the Pichu said, in excitement. Teiran quietly crept away from the group, with Pichu in her arms, Popplio on her shoulder. She didn't want anyone seeing her, for she wanted her performance to be a secret, until showtime, that is. "Alright! Popplio? Pichu? I know, we may not win our first showcase, but we need to practice, in case we get to the next round." Teiran explained to them. "Apparently, the first round is Pokepuff baking, which I think i can handle. So while I practice baking Pokepuffs, I'll give you a command to do, and we'll be set!" Teiran exclaimed. "Pop!" "Chu!" Popplio and Pichu said. So Teiran crept back into the Pokemon Center, and borrowed a kitchen. And immediately, they all got to work.

"And now, dizzy punch!"

Lopunny's fluffy paws began to glow, in a dizzying array of colours, as she smashed all of her protective barriers, covering the battlefield in soft sparks. Next, she began dancing around in the sparks, leaping and spinning gracefully, as if she were a ballerina.

"What style, what movements. They've putting on quite the show." Duke said to himself, how voice low as not to disrupt Daniel's rhythm. Charizard watched on in interest.

Zara watched with excitement. Zap clapped its paws ecstatically; it seemed to really enjoy watching others perform. Dex observed, murmuring things occasionally as if it was taking notes. Zap began to sway on its tail excitedly. Zara chuckled. Maybe Zap wants to compete in Contests or Showcases...? She thought, amused. But that was an actual possibility to take into consideration. Could someone be a Pokemon researcher and a Performer or Coordinator?

"Now, let's finish this up! Lopunny, use heal bell!"

Lopunny abruptly stopped dancing, and instead formed a bell above herself, which chimed beautifully, the sound reverberating through the area, as a soothing aroma wafted around the huge rabbit. When it was over, the bell vanished, and Lopunny bowed, signalling the end of the performance.

"We're done!" Daniel announced.

After giving instructions, Teiran looked at her Pokemon. "Good!" she lied. They were really flimsy, and tended to trip a lot, which was not going to go well. "Let's keep practicing, ok?" Teiran watched it for the second time, while instructing what to do, and found out what needed work. "Pichu? Try to stay light on your feet when doing the flip n' shoot. Popplio? Your flips are great, but your slipping a lot. Try to keep a firm hold on the ground, ok? Again!" Teiran instructed, as she guided them through. This went on for quite a while, until, Teiran decided it was as perfect as she wanted it to be. "Great work, you guys!" she shouted. Teiran then looked at Daniel, finishing up his performance. "Someday, we'll be just as amazing as that!" Teiran said, pointing to Daniel's work.

Duke stood up and clapped, along with his Charizard. It was quite the performance.

"Excellent work! Good technique and form, you two are quite the entertainers!" Duke said with a smile. Charizard gave the pair a thumbs up in approval.

"I do aim to please," the boy chuckled, as he helped Lopunny back into her vest, "I want to be a top coordinator someday, so I have to give my contests everything that I've got."

He opened his ribbon case, taking another look at his prize from Hau'Oli City. "This time, I'll become Top Coordinator, for sure!"

"That's the spirit!" Duke said with a smile, admiring his confidence.

"In any event, it's time for sparring!" Duke said releasing Rockruff and sending Charizard on the training field.

"Now brace yourself Rockruff! You both know what to do. Charizard has the first move." Duke said as Charizard spun and slammed its tail into Rockruff knocking it back. Rockruff recovered and charged Charizard biting it's tail, making it wince for a second before Charizard tried to shake it off, Rockruff hanging on for dear life.

Daniel gasped at the display, finding the other trainer's methods questionable. Even if Rockruff did have the type advantage, it didn't seem fair to pit such a small pokemon against a fully evolved one...

Teiran made her way back to the Pokemon Center, with Pichu and Popplio on her shoulder. "You guys ready? We're gonna need a good nights rest if we're gonna perform greatly tomorrow." Pichu yawned, and with droopy eyes, nodded his head, and said "Pi..." Popplio just nodded. "Alright." Teiran said, as she returned her Pichu. She walked into the Pokemon Center, and dropped onto the couch. "Do you mind if I stay here the night?" Teiran asked Nurse Joy. "Not at all!" Nurse Joy said pleasantly. With Pichu, safely secure in his pokeball, and Popplio cuddled with Teiran, they all fell asleep.

Charizard slammed Rockruff on the ground a couple of times before sending it flying. Rockruff landed on its feet, bruises and dirt covering it, but its face showed fierce determination.

"You sure you want to continue?" Duke asked Rockruff the routine question, with Rockruff nodding back to its trainer.

Charizard smirked, seemingly taunting Rockruff, who growled back and used Rock Throw firing several rocks at Charizard. Charizard simply flapped its wings and sent the rocks flying back at Rockruff, pelting the dog causing it to wince.

Come to think of it, Daniel suddenly realised that it was about time that he got to bed. Now that he had a group to travel with, he couldn't risk becoming overtired or sleep deprived, and suffering with fibro pains...

"Um... I have to go," he said quietly, as Lopunny pushed him back inside, "It's gonna be a long day, so I best get to bed early."

Lopunny pushed Daniel back to his room, where he quickly swallowed his medication, and shifted into bed, falling asleep to the sound of Lopunny's heal bell.

Rockruff took the attack and remained standing, albeit shaking.

"That's enough! We'll call it a night." Duke said to Rockruff before it could try to attack Charizard again. He then returned Rockruff to get him healed at the Pokemon Center before pulling an Egg from his backpack.

"Take care of this. We'll be sleeping outside, I'll return for it at dawn." Duke said to the nurse who nodded and took the egg. Duke then walked outside with Charizard and placed a blanket on the dirt floor of the training before laying down. Duke loved outdoor sleeping, he couldn't help but admire the stars above.

"Good night buddy." Duke said as he and Charizard fell asleep on the dirt field.

Teiran woke up, excited as ever, and only to see Pichu and Popplio, already awake, practicing the performance. They stopped, seeing her awake. She was speechless, and didn't know what to say. "I'm really proud of you guys!" she ended up saying. Teiran got all ready and headed outside with both Pokemon, into the fresh air. She heard some Pikepek chirping, and Yungoos, playing around. The showcase would begin in approximately 2 hours.

True to his word Duke woke up at dawn to retrieve his egg from the Pokemon Center. He had been doing morning stretches with Charizard on the training field.

"Big day, Teiran's Showcase...I know she'll do great." Dan said to Charizard, who nodded back to him.

Last edited:
Daniel dressed carefully, before taking his pain medication, feeding his pokemon, and settling in his wheelchair. It was his last day in Hau'Oli City, or so he hoped, and he really wanted be ready for the next contest, on Akala Island...

"Ready for today?" he asked Teiran, as he was pushed before her by Lopunny.

(showcase. Daniel does contests, Teiran does showcases)
"Yes, but I'm a little nervous..." Teiran told Daniel. Teiran decided she'd talk to her Pokemon about the showcase. "I can't lie, there's gonna be a lot of people there, but just pretend there not watching. I'm just as scared as you may be." Popplio nodded with determination, while Pichu stood there, eyes and skin white from fear. 'This is gonna be a problem' Teiran thought. "Pichu, it's okay, everyone, including me knows you'll do great. "Pop li li!" Popplio said, giving Pichu some courage. With a little sweat on Pichu's face, he calmed down.

(Noticed that now. Sorry)

"Nonsense. You'll do great." Duke said to Teiran approaching her and Daniel.

"You need no be scared, have confidence and believe in yourself. You'll be great" Duke said to Pichu

"Everyone's nervous at their debut," Daniel assured her, "Like I was, back when Serperior was just a little snivy..."

He remembered his very first contest like it was yesterday; in Rustboro City, Daniel and Snivy had been up on stage all alone, with only a very shallow movepool to work with. Still, they'd won, and Daniel's career had taken a tremendous step in the right direction.

((OOC: Sorry, had to eat. :'|)
Zara had headed to Zara's mother's house to hit the hay. The Trainer burst out of the door and onto the streets of Hau'Oli City, all of her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs this time, and the backpack slung over her shoulder by just one strap. She ran to the Pokemon Center, needing to use the video phone inside. She greeted Daniel, Duke, and Teiran, then hurried over to the device and called the Pokemon Center at Poni Island. The Nurse there sent a message up to a room for her, and a tired face appeared on the screen. "Zara?" Tim asked groggily.
"Tim! You already left to Poni Island!" Zara exclaimed the obvious to her older brother. Tim laughed, sleep still in his voice.
"Yep. There's a tournament going on here soon. I didn't want to get caught up in bad weather and miss it. Sorry I didn't say bye before I left."

"See Pichu? Your fine!" Teiran assured her electric type. Pichu then looked a bit more reassured that he'd do alright. "Well, shall we get going?" Teiran asked, as she picked up Popplio, and Pichu jumped onto her shoulder. Teiran couldn't wait to perform in front of everyone.

"I'm ready." Duke said with Charizard nodding behind him. Duke was ready to cheer Teiran on and he had to admit it felt good to travel with others rather than alone.

(I'm not getting notifications for some weird reason...)
Teiran nodded to them in reply, happy that they were there for here. Then immediately, she charged through the streets of Hau'oli, around a corner, and ended up at a large building. "This is it. I need to go in, get changed, and get registered. See you on stage!" she called to her friends. And with that, she walked into the building.

Duke saw Teiran run off to go get ready while he decided to go find some seats. He soon ran into some complications.

"What do you mean Charizard can't watch!" Duke said to one of the workers.

"Sir, it's a Charizard. You need to be courteous with the other members of the audience." A female worker explained to him.

"CHARIZARD IS VERY POLITE!" Duke yelled, getting some other early members of the audience staring at him.

"Fine, but I will let you know you haven't heard the last of me." Duke said as he recalled Charizard and sat in a front row seat.

Lopunny was allowed to watch the show, however, seeing as Daniel needed her with him.

The woman at the front desk gave Daniel a luminescent band to put on Lopunny's vest, so that he could find her if he started feeling unwell, before the rabbit pushed him through to the showcase hall's seating area.

"I wonder what Alola's showcases will be like, Lopunny," he mused, as he got out of his wheelchair, and sat in a stationary one. Lopunny sat next to him, eagerly awaiting the show.

(once again, no notification...)
Some performers had already done there Pokepuff baking, so Teiran was up next, with a girl named Felisha and boy named Markus. Teiran stepped out on stage, wearing for the first time, a dress. It had a sleeveless blue top, with white polka dot's on it, and a red bottom skirt. She wore blue flats, with white polka dots, and she let her hair down, as it flowed to her feet. Teiran usually NEVER let her hair down. "Ready Popplio, Pichu?" Teiran asked her Pokemon. They gave a small chirrup in reply, and Teiran was placed at a middle counter, with a certain amount of supplies. "Remember...this is also based on the style you use while baking your pokepuffs, not just taste." The announcer said. "BEGIN!" Teiran immediately poured in some flour, sugar, and corn syrup, yet she wasn't sure how to use her Pokemon. "Ummm....just stay put for now..." Teiran said, as she stirred the batter. She dipped some batter into little cupcake holders, and immediately put them in the oven. Teiran waited for a while, noticing how well the others worked with there Pokemon. She started to get nervous. She waited for the Pokepuffs to finish baking, sweating about how she wasn't working with her Pokemon well.

(Did you accidently hit, 'unwatch', maybe?)

Daniel sat quietly, watching the performance with Lopunny. She didn't really seem to know what she was doing out there, compared to the others, but on some level, that was to be expected, as it was her debut...

Still, he hoped that she would pull her performance together somehow...

Duke looked on not saying anything. She was going through beginner nerves without question. Still he had faith she could turn this around, she had to.

(No, it says I'm watching it, but now I got a notification)

Teiran's Pokepuffs came out of the oven...pretty dry as well. She set the pan on the table, fretting about what to do, until she came up with an idea. She got some water, and wet Popplio's nose. Popplio got the image, and looked at the ceiling. He formed a bubble from his nose, and Teiran popped it, making the water from the bubble, fly in the air, landing on all the cupcakes, making them more moist. Then Teiran got her bowl of icing, and put a glob on Popplio's nose. Then he did the exact thing he did before to get the icing on. Pichu had an idea he wanted to share. He took the bow off of his ear, and used it to frost the Pokepuffs with a new layer of icing. Then Teiran topped it with whipped cream, and she ordered Popplio to use bubble and Pichu to use Thundershock on the bubbles. This created a 'paralyzed bubble' as Teiran liked to call it. It was a bubble, that didn't pop easily. She took the paralyzed bubble, and put it on one of her Pokepuffs, as Popplio and Pichu kept making more. She finally had all her Pokepuffs created, and wiped some sweat off her face. Soon enough, there was judging, as judges tasted the Pokepuffs. Teiran got a 10, a 6, and a n 8. Then the audience voted on the performance. Teiran stood where she was, eyes closed, as she had her fingers crossed behind her back.

"Come on, give it to her." Duke thought to himself, sitting on the literal edge of his seat. He voted in support of Teiran and hoped the rest of the audience would do the same. Duke even started to sweat, he couldn't image what she was feeling right now.

"She really turned around, eh, Lopunny?" Daniel remarked, as he lit his glowcaster, "I was starting to worry that she wouldn't be able to do it."

Lopunny wordlessly agreed, as she watched her master.

Zara realized that Teiran had her Showcase today. "Um, mind if I call you back in a while? A friend of mine's got something today that's kinda-sorta-maybe-really important."
Tim laughed. "You did it again," he teased her. "Fine, see you soon." And with that, he hung up. Zara and her Pokemon hurried to the building. One of the workers told her she was late.
"I know, I do this all the time," Zara said, slightly impatient.
"Alright, but you can only have one Pokemon out watching with you." Zap bobbed on its tail, evidently hoping that it could watch. Zara grinned.
"Of course you can watch, Zap," she told the Electric Type. Its cheeks sparked with excitement as Zara returned Ashley and June. The worker let her into the spectating area. It looked like Teiran had just finished her performance. Zara hoped that her friend would win as she sat down. Zap floated next to her, leaning forwards in interest towards the performance occurring.