• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Unova league tournament

"What do you mean? Are you idiots?! I just said I was one of the first people to register for the tournament. I just don't feel like battling this guy." He said pointing to Luke. Then he looked Patrick. "Listen man, I know that they probably did something to your friends but I'm not a part of the enemy. I'm just a trainer on a mission." He told Patrick. "And if I were you, I would try to keep your tempers down in front of your girlfriend." He said referring to Ella.

Aspen rubbed her temples, trying to calm down. "I think we're all on edge after this happened, plus I was just wondering. You literally said you weren't in the Tournament to battle, which was a little weird." She held her tongue a bit, not telling him to watch out because if he didn't he would be in a world of hurt from more people than just Patrick.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Tell me then...what is this 'mission,' you say you are part of?" Patrick asked curiously.

Alisha, who was outside with a group of officers, looked outside and saw the Mandibuzz.

"What's that?" One of the officers pointed out, staring into the sky. The Mandibuzz flew closer, faster and faster and grabbed the officer. The officer screamed. Alisha turned round.

"Help!" Cried the man as he struggled. The Mandibuzz flew higher and higher. Alisha fired her gun. Mandibuzz dropped the man. Alisha sent some officers to catch him, narrowly avoiding death. Alisha shot at the Mandibuzz but it did very little.

(Mask of Darkness)

"Who is this person you have infiltrating Patrick's group?" The Mask of Darkness asked the Mask of Shadow.
At that moment, a special agent entered the room. He was given access by the Mask of Darkness. It was Special Agent Tailsin Bridges, a new special agent that was best friends with Special Agent Damian. He interrupted the conversation.

"Sir!" Tailsin exclaimed. "Gorm and Ryoku have sent out the Pokemon with cameras attached to them you asked for. The Mask of Lightning has successfully got the cameras working."

"Excellent." The Mask of Darkness said, instantly. He looked at his computer screen and saw that the Mask of Lightning had sent him surveillance footage from CCTV cameras, as well as the Basculin and Mandibuzz camera footage.

"The Mask of Lightning, Ryoku, Gorm, Bronius and Giallo, are all in Driftveil City waiting for this person you speak of to lure Patrick and his friends into a trap. I shall issue the order to attack when I am ready." The Mask of Darkness turned to the 'half' Mask of Stone. "You will go to Driftveil City now."

The Mask of Stone nodded and pressed a button on his bracelet and teleported.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well you see..." Troy didn't finish the statement as he heard gunshots and screaming outside. "Hey come over here, something's happening." He said mainly to Patrick as he walked to the door leading outside. When he walked outside, he saw a group of officers barely catching another police officer. There was also a police officer appeared to be trying to shoot a Mandibuzz. "What happened here?" Troy asked the officer calmly.

Isabel heard a shot and ran outside. She saw Alisha shooting at the Mandibuzz and pulled out a Pokeball. "Togekiss! Shadow Ball!" she shouted. Togekiss sent several of the dark purple spheres at Mandibuzz.

Patrick and Ella followed Troy. Mandibuzz grabbed another police officer. This time, he threw the man in the other direction and the man seemed to die.

"What is that Mandibuzz doing?" Ella asked.

"Did you see, he just killed an officer!" Alisha shouted as she shot the Mandibuzz. Her round finished and she looked at Ella and Patrick.

"Why is there a camera on that Mandibuzz's head? Is someone...controlling it?" Patrick suggested. It was logical, as it didn't appear to be wild. Patrick sent out Webby, his Galvantula.

"You might be on to something." Alisha said.

"Again! Aim for that thing on its head!" Isabel yelled. Togekiss used Shadow Ball again. "And a Sky Attack, just in case!" Togekiss glowed with bright blue energy and made a beeline towards Mandibuzz.

"What is the trap you have set up? If I know, then I will be able to assist." The Mask of Shadow told the Mask of Darkness.

Troy watched as the Mandibuzz killed the officer. He watched as Patrick and Isabel tried taking down the Mandibuzz but didn't bother to help. He started to back away, believing that this would be a good chance to escape now that they were on too him!

Mandibles got hit by the shadow ball attacks and the camera fell down from his head. Alisha picked up the camera. There was a memory stick stuck into a slot on the camera. She rushed over to an officer and grabbed a laptop out of his bag and plugged in the memory stick. She saw that it had a special program and when it loaded up it had the logo of the Masqueraders. This was all Alisha needed to see that the Masqueraders had planned the attack.

Webby was ordered by Patrick to fire thunderbolt attacks at Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz dodged the attacks and attacked Webby using bone rush, hitting the Pokemon with it's bone. It flew back into the air and dived down, swooping at each of the humans, using brave bird. The attack hit Webby but Webby attacked using thunderbolt at point blank range. Mandibuzz fell to the ground and fainted.

Out of the shadows, came Ryoku. "Dam you!" He shouted, taking his mask off to reveal a war torn face with veins of the injected chemical.

"Is that Ryoku?" Alisha asked, recognising him. "You're one of the sages that the Masqueraders kidnapped!"

"How did you recognise me? Most people fail to do so. I think that is not their ignorance but the tendency that they are born with the ability to perserve others as more important. The same thing if you ask me."

"You sages speak in riddles!" Patrick cried, revealing himself. "I bet all of you sages do!"

"It is not that we speak in riddles, rather that you do not see what I do." Ryoku replied.

"And what would that be?"

"A world filled with pain, the only way to cut through would be to eliminate them. Pokemon are merely tools to us...yet we must be tools to Pokemon."

"Honestly I know what you mean but you take a while to drum it in!"

"Why are we just standing here?" Patrick asked.

"Because violence isn't the answer. I believe, but you fools insist and when you do, it provokes us. I must go now. You've wasted both our times. Foolish boy."

Ryoku jumped onto a ledge and ran down it, and jumped onto the Droftveil bridge. The officers chased him but he was too fast, something which surprised them due to how old Ryoku was. He seemed to vanish. The officers marched back to the stadium with Patrick.

"He got away!" Alisha cried.

The real reason for this was that the three shadows had grabbed Ryoku and used their powers to disappear and ran away from the group.

(The mask of Darkness)

"No, no,no,no,no,no,no!!!" The Mask of Darkness slammed the table as he saw that the Mandibuzz camera go down. He used the Basculin cameras to monitor Ryoku.

"Ryoku has defied the orders. I told them not to engage with the group or they would blow our cover. That idiot blew our cover!" He shouted to the Mask of Shadow.

The Mask of Shadow watched as the events go down. It seems as if those underly masks are incapable of doing anything. Well we still have Stone out there. Let's see what he will do. He knows what fate awaits him if he fails." Shadow told Darkness as they continued to watch.

"No way!" Troy exclaimed as he watched the sage suddenly disappear. "I read about them somewhere. I forget their names though." Troy stated referring to the shadowy figures that he managed to see. He watched as Patrick headed to the stadium and decided to follow him.

The Mask of Stone teleported into the Mask of Darkness's room.

"What is it now?" The Mask of Darkness asked.

"Sir. I've been thinking and...these jewels on the clothing of the sages...they could be somehow...related to that Vault thing you were talking about..." The Mask of Stone looked at the image of the Vault on the Mask of Darkness's wall. "I believe that the jewels fit in place, in those slots, in a circle."

"Come with me." The Mask of Darkness led the Mask of Stone to the Vault deep underneath the base-it took a while just to go down the flight of stairs.

"Bring me the three dead sage's bodies." The Mask of Darkness said to Special Agent Tailsin. Tailsin immediately dragged them down the stairs. The Mask of Stone pulled out the jewels from Rood and Zinzolin's headgear and placed them in the slots on the vault. A few minutes later, Ryoku, Gorm, Bronius and Giallo had been called to the Vault, at which, the Mask of Darkness shouted at Ryoku for a brief amount of time. The Mask of Stone grabbed the jewels in each of their headgear, then found a jewel attatched to the dead Ghetsis's necklace.

"What is the meaning of this?" Giallo asked.

"I believe the Mask of Stone has discovered something...good...." The Mask of Darkness looked over and now saw that the Mask of Stone had successfully placed each of the jewels in their slots on the vault-in the shape of a circle. In the centre was the place where Patrick's hand was suppossed to go. The door of the Vault opened. The Mask of Stone gasped.

"We did it. We opened the Vault...without requiring Patrick's DNA!" The Mask of Darkness cried. "How did you do it?"

"I don't know I just..."

"Stay here."

The Mask of Darkness wandered into the small enclosed vault. There were many boxes and notepads with messages hand written by Darius, one of the former leaders of the Masqueraders and the apparant father of Patrick O'brien. There was a multicoloured Mask on one of the boxes. The Mask of Darkness looked in each box but found no weapon.

"There aren't any weapons!" The Mask of Darkness cried. "We've been lied to!"

The Mask of Ice, Bug, Metal and Magic came down the stairs.

"Maybe that Mask is a weapon..." The Mask of Magic said.

The Mask of Darkness took his mask off, without others seeing his identity, and put on the mask. The mask flew off of his face, launching itself. It was like it had a mind of it's own. Several attempts did not work.

"This mask...cannot be worn."

The Mask of Darkness saw an inscription written by Darius. He read it aloud.

"This is the Mask of Many Colours. It is Mask I myself have worn before. But, seeing it's power, I locked it away. The Mask can only be worn by those with O'Brien bloodline. It grants the ability to control all elements and, if used correctly, can create a powerful energy beam capable of destroying whole regions. Do not remove, at your own safety."

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke saw troy start running and followed
"I apologies for just randomly asking to battle, My charizard seems to control my emotions,"
He said then he added, "So, Any idea's where his going and what is about to go down."
He said while clenching his fist.

Cody had moved far away from the Pokemon Center, his sister trying to reason with him, before he heard more gunshots. Cody thought about what to do before he released his Dragonite.

"Dragonite, restrain her." Cody instructed as Dragonite grabbed Christie from behind, who struggled to break the grip.

"Cody! What are you doing!?" Christie yelled.

"Keeping you safe." Cody said over his shoulder as he ran back to the scene of the gunshots. Along the way he released his Arcanine as a safety measure. Cody & Arcanine arrived in the area, a dead officer and signs of battle evident.

"What happened here?" Cody asked, trying to contain his rage this time.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer watched the battle from the sideline, ready to help if needed. Naturally the death of the officer caused her to hesitate; this whole situation was beyond her ability to understand. She then saw Cody come back with an Arcanine.

"A Mandibuzz attacked! The others were able to fight if off, but the trainer got away!" Summer explained.

The Mask of Shadow watched from behind the others listening to the information that had been uncovered. He heard about the Mask of Many Colors which peaked his interest but in the end on the thought that it was just an extra special mask. It was nothing too special. Then spoke out loud for the others to hear. "If what Darius said is true then we need to capture that boy at all costs. If not, the mask won't work. However, the boy most likely won't want to cooperate. So we need to find a way to control him. Shadow then looked at the Mask of Magic. "Can't you use some of your magic to do that?" He asked, figuring that maybe Magic could inside the boy's head.

Troy had been following Patrick and the officers to the stadium when Luke caught up with him. "I have no idea what's going on. I just saw that Madibuzz kill an officer and an old man trying to escape." Troy explained to Luke. "I'm hoping I can figure out what's going on by following that Patrick guy." Troy said looking up ahead.

Luke nodded "Shit man, A mandibuzz eh." Luke looked around
"Alright charizard take the sky's"
The charizard flew to the sky seeing if the mandibuzz appears.
"No sign uh?, Must have escaped..."
Charizard noticed the shine of anger in his eye.
"Alright pat... Explain yourself."
He held him to a halt, with charizard infront.

"I could...try to take over his mind..." The Mask of Magic replied to the Mask of Shadow.

"But it wouldn't be enough!" The Mask of Darkness answered. "We need a way to physically manoeuvre him. The Mask of Magic controlling him would be only mentally and his powers only work for a short amount of time."

The Mask of Lightning appeared. "I could try and build a device which could fire the blasts from the mask."

"We'll need a strong structure to fire it from from that."

The Mask of Metal was behind the Mask of Lightning. "Please sir, I could build the metal structure with the Mask of Lightning."

"Alright. Darius left some blueprints." The Mask of Darkness tossed it over to the Mask of Liightning. "It's a steel pole connected to an manoeuvrable arm which will be strong enough to grasp the mask and direct the boy's face in the right direction. There is a cannon then from another arm connected to that which will be put in front of the boy's face where the energy of the mask will radiate. It'll all be hooked up to a large computer screen, which we will operate." The Mask of Metal and Lightning nodded and immediately got to work in a separate room.

A special agent sat at one of the many computer desks in the offices. Upon hearing this he clicked open a tab on the Internet. He messaged someone on his phone. It was Alisha. The special agent was a spy. He sent them a message with the exact conversation the Mask of Darkness had. As they spoke, he typed the exact words on the phone. He clicked send and Alisha got a notification.

"I've got a tip off...from one of the double agents we sent to infiltrate the Masqueraders." Whispered Alisha to Patrick, Ella and the group.

McNiel watched as his grandson came into his office. He hated what those red demons did to him but he was glad that his grandson was able to pull threw it. " Drew." He said. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

Drew looked at the man. "Cut the crap." He said. " What are you up to Gramps."
McNiel smiled a little bit. "Putting my plan into motion before they come for me." He said. " Probably Shadow. I don't expect to live past this week." McNiel stood up and reached into a drawl. He pulled out a small mask that could only cover someone's eyes and cheeks. it was white and had a long nose. He handed the mask to Drew. "Take it." He said. " My soul is tainted as is. but you might be able to make something of it."

" It's you're mask?" He asked.
"No." McNiel said. " It was my father's. From what I can tell it was from a sect that opposed the council. Though they all died off their masks were passed down. I want you to take it and become a peace keeper. Look for the other masks and people you trust to take them. become what the council was a thousand years ago before it's corruption." He said. " I'm proud of you Drew. I'm sorry I wasn't around that much when you were younger but I am proud of the man you became." He said

"It seems you have it settled then. The plan has been set in motion. I will do my part by eliminating McNiel." The Mask of Shadow told the Mask of Darkness. "But I might need some back up as McNiel is not one to go down so easily. Anyone feel like risking their lives today?" Shadow asked the other masqueraders, trying to be humorous for the first time.

"What are you doing?!" Troy asked Luke, suprised that he used his Charizard to block Patrick.

Drew teleported back to the group. He looked at them and leaned against the wall he heard about what happened. He looked at the mask His grandfarther gave him. He laughed a little bit before putting it on. He felt his body tingle a little bit as he fell to the floor. He stood up in pain as he looked at the group. He blinked as he realized he could see out both eyes. His body felt strong. better than it has for the past few days. He looked at a mirror and stared at himself. Whatever this thing was it healed him.
' Those who seek truth will find it.' a foreign voice sad. Drew looked around and couldn't see anyone. Tess appeared from her Pokeball and helped Drew. Drew looked at the group of people. " Hey guys what have I missed." he said

Aspen saw Luke pull a maneuver on Patrick and ran over. "What's going on?" she asked. "Can we please not hurt each other?" Aspen didn't care how stupid it sounded or how Luke would react. Blade burst out of his Pokeball.
"What's up?" he asked Aspen telekinetically.
"I have absolutely no clue."

At the same time that Aspen rushed over to Patrick, Luke and Troy, Jason and Rose emerged from the Pokemon Center. "Should we check into the hotel?" Jason asked Isabel. Isabel nodded.
"Sure," she said, and the duo headed to their hotel. Rose's XTransceiver rang. It was her mother, and she picked it up.
"Hi, Mom," she greeted her mom with a smile.
"Hello, Rose! You're entering the League again, right?" her mother asked. Rose nodded.
"Third time's the charm, right?" she laughed. Rose had entered the Unova League twice before. She had been able to make it to and defeat the Elite Four, but couldn't beat Alder. The second time, she was once again able to triumph over the other contestants and the Elite Four, but Iris, the new Champion, got the better of her. This time, a victory for Iris wasn't to be ensured.
"Yes, I suppose it is. Good luck, we'll all be watching!" and with that, Rose's mom hung up. The teen wondered who her mother could mean by 'we' but got her answer when her XTransceiver went off again. This time, it was Bianca.
"Hiii!" Bianca said, still chipper as ever. Rose smiled.
"What's going on, Bianca?" Rose asked. Bianca laughed.
"Nothing much, but a friend of mine's entering the Tournament," she teased. Rose chuckled and decided to play along.
"Wow, is it Cheren? I thought he was pretty busy, being a Gym Leader and all. Can he even compete?"

Patrick saw Drew in his new mask. "Why are you wearing a mask?" He asked.

Alisha walked up to Patrick. She stared at Drew in the mask. "Um..." All of a sudden Alisha was holding handcuffs in front of him.

"Wait no!" Patrick exclaimed. He put his hand up to stop Alisha. "He's Drew..." Patrick had seen Drew put the mask on.

"Are you sure that's Drew? He's suppossed to be crippled remember!" Alisha shouted.

"He's not doing anything against the law is he? Is it now illegal to wear a mask?"

"No...I...sorry Patrick. Listen. We've got a double agent in the Masquerader base who leaked us some information. We still don't know where the base is because all Masqueraders are blindfolded before they enter it. One of our double agents has been listening to a conversation open aloud by the Mask of Darkness. He's managed to open the Vault-a seal suppossedly containing weapons of mass destruction inside. However, as you probably know, that seal could only be opened using your handprint, your DNA, until now. The Masqueraders found seven jewels inside of the clothing that the sages were wearing when they forced them to join up. They opened the Vault by placing these jewels into the door. Now, the Vault is open and there aren't any weapons of any use inside there except for a rainbow coloured mask-our source says that the Mask of Darkness found a note from your father Darius calling it 'the Mask of Many Colours' and that it is the most powerful mask, capable of releasing large energy beams, but only you can wear it, for it rejects any other people who try to put it on. They're going to try and capture you."

"Well, they were before weren't they?"

"Yes but now they're going to do it no matter the cost. Our source ends his message mid sentence, probably because he was found out."

The Mask of Darkness grabbed the double agent by one hand and tossed him across the room. "What have we got here? A little traitor!!" He looked at the boy on the floor. The Mask's Scrafty was beside him and punched the traitor numerous times. The Mask of Darkness held the phone and sent one final message before throwing it over to Scrafty and Scrafty stepped on the phone, crushing it.

A notification sound came from the same phone. Alisha looked at it. She read it out to Patrick.

'We're coming for you.'

"I will do my best to protect you pat, Who ever these are aient getting us,"
Luke nodded before scouting the area
"Charizard You check the sky's I will check the ground."
Both Him and his pokemon nodded before splitting.

Drew looked at Patrick. " McNiel gave it to me. He said that it is expose to be powerful. And that I should try and find the rest and give them to people that are worthy of them." He said as he clenched his fists together. " Alright so Swoobat what's you're plan." He said as he looked at her. He decided to take his mask off. He sighed when he realized that he was still in a state of good health. "Well this mask has a healing factor apparently.

McNeil stood in his office. He poured himself a glass of wine. Everything was in place, The scarves will start their invasion of Unova, Cade is being pardoned," He took a sip of his wine as he waited the Shadow to appear.

Shadow followed behind Darkness as they figured out who the double agent was. He watched the as the Scrafty pummeled the agent. Then he looked at Darkness. "What are you going to do with him?" He asked Darkness. "Maybe you can get a little information from him. You could have Magic search his memories." Shadow offering some advice. "Or you could just kill him."

"I remember those things." He said as he looked at the mask Drew just took off. He remembered how during his match with Riley, The Mask of the Tides had appeared and attacked. "So what now? Are we just supposed to find other individuals who are worthy enough to wear mask?" Troy asked the group.

Drew looked at the boy. While he still might not trust him he was willing to talk. " Apparently these were apart of rouge faction that separated from the council of old after they became corrupt." He said. " He looked at the boy who he believed was named Troy. " I'm going to find these masks and people I believe are worthy to wear them." He said. " Create our own council that can oppose the current one. become guardians." He said.

"Guardians huh?" Troy wondered aloud as he looked up to the sky. It was a clear sky, with no clouds in sight only leaving a bright blue color. He let himself get lost clear skies as he thought to himself about the real reason he was there. 'Maybe this might be the perfect opportunity to study these guys' Troy thought to himself. He looked back at Drew who seemed to be rejuvenated after wearing the mask. "That sounds interesting." Troy finally said after the long silence. "I would like to help to help if that's alright." Troy told Drew, but with eyes focused on the mask.

Aspen was beginning to grow a little scared, but knew that she couldn't back out now. She steadied her emotions with a breath and opened her eyes, a new fire there. "I need to help. There's strength in numbers, remember, and I'm kind of already waist deep." Aspen knew that she was risking everything she could possibly risk for this, but innocent people were dying and being hurt. She wasn't exactly trying to be a part of this new Council, but she wasn't going to stand by. "I don't care if I'm brought into this Council or not, but you know that I'll do anything in my power to help out."

"I'm going to help. You can't stop me." Cody said, unphased by the danger.

"I WANT TO HELP TOO!"

Suddenly his sister shot out to the area, Eevee right behind her and Dragonite in pursuit, causing Cody to gasp in disbelief.

"What the...damn it Dragonite!" Cody yelled, his Dragonite giving a shrug.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I want to help to. The more the merrier I say." Summer said with determination. She wasn't gonna sit back and let everyone else gamble their lives. Summer had to do her part.

"Cody's been stalking you guys since he stormed out, and I've been stalking him since he tried to abandon me." Christie said as Cody walked up to his sister with a glare.

"This is too dangerous! You will not get involved, do you hear me." Cody gritted between his teeth. Christie remained defiant.

"No Cody, I want to help to. You can't expect me to leave my own brother behind." Christie said, with Eevee nodding in agreement.

Troy chuckled at the siblings bickering but got serious afterwards. "Who are you guys anyways?" He asked Cody, Christie, and Summer. "If we're going to be working together, we might as well introduce ourselves!" Troy said confidently. "My name is Troy, nice to meet you guys." He told them. It was time for Troy to move on to the next step of his mission.

"Christie. The moody one's my brother Cody." Christie said trying to be friendly. Cody continued to shoot his sister a glare, not happy she was going to be a part of this. Dragonite and Eevee remained by Cody & Christie's sides.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Name's Summer. Nice to meet you Troy." Summer said going over and offering a handshake to Troy. Getting on good terms was going to be important for whatever they were about to do.

Troy chuckled once again to the reactions of the siblings to one another. "Nice to meet you both." Troy told them. Then he turned to Summer to shake her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well." He said to the young woman. Then he turned to Drew. Too him, Drew didn't seem like the one for greetings and he always had a grumpy look on his face. "Cheer up old man, you got the new generation here ready too help." He told Drew, not realizing his age. He looked older due to his body's injuries.

He looked at the man and smiled. " Believe me young lad we are not that far apart in age." He said. He was pretty sure the mask healed him from his injuries. " Though You will have to ask permission to my granddaughter." He said jokingly.

Troy had just realized that Drew's body had started to recover and he started to look younger. But what suprised him was the 'granddaughter' part. "Grandaughter?!" Troy exclaimed a bit confused. 'He must've done that when he was really young... wait, why the hell am I thinking about that?!' Troy thought to himself and he shook his head to get rid of that thought. "So who is your granddaughter?" Troy asked as he scanned the group. Summer, Ella, and Christie couldn't be his granddaughter. Not even Aspen, who was the youngest, could be his granddaughter. Troy just looked back at Drew completely confused.

Drew started to laugh. " I was joking." He said with a smirk on his face. "That's what you get for calling me old man." He said as he leaned onto the wall. " So are you from Sinnoh or somewhere else."

Christie laughed, she already liked this guy. Eevee just continued to stare. Cody remained glaring, still fuming over his sister being here at all. Dragonite looked on with an indifferent expression.