• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Unova league tournament

"Johto. Me and my sister traveled over here to compete in the Unova League. Made it a competition between us. The ultimate sibling rivalary if you will." Cody said answering Drew's question before taking a bite of his burger.

Drew nodded before tilting his head to get a better look at the man. Since he only had fifty percent vision left. " What's you're sister like." He said. " Sorry if I ask too many questions but I like trying to get to know people better." He said as he smiled a little bit.

"It's fine, my sister would say this is good for me. She's always been more friendly and a people person then I am. To an annoying degree in my humble opinion. Life is nothing but sunshine and rainbows in her eyes. I have a more...un-sunshine view of things." Cody explained. He and his sister were really like ying and yang.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Wait...excuse me?!" Yelled Looker as he found himself being arrested. His assistants and followers in his block of offices pulled strange faces. Most of them fell into loud shouting. They didn't seem to allow the arrest of their superior. Looker had moved into Unova to monitor Patrick and Ella. He had no idea other police officers were monitoring him.

" We found this in you're office." one of the officers said showing him a mascaraed Mask. " It has you're name engraved in it." The officer said as Mathews put the hand cuffs on Looker. and started moving towards the door.

Many of the police officers murmured.

" I understand where you're coming from." Drew said as he looked at the man " Not long ago I would've been in you're position. Just don't do what I did and make a fake personality. When it crumbles you can end up losing everything."

A news reporter had found out about the arrest and it was being broadcasted on TV. Ella and Patrick took sight of the report on one of the screens in the stadium.

"Is that..."Patrick started but Ella already knew the answer.

"They've arrested dad!" Ella shouted as footage showed of Looker with handcuffs on.

"What are you doing to me? I'm one of the highest ranking members here, I would never join the Masqueraders, there must be some mistake!" Looked cried, his eyes watering.

" Tell it too the judge." Mathews said as he walked towards the an alley way with the other officer. Mathews made sure no one was there. his phone rang and he awnsered it. " Yes sir." Alright." He said. He punched the other officer. " In an attempt to escape you took Gregory's gun. " He said. " And I had to shoot you." He said as he pulled his gun onto Looker.

Christie was shocked at hearing Ella's father was arrested, and felt for the girl. She watched the TV with much curiosity while her partner Eevee looks up at Christie with a confused expression on its face.

"Fake? I appreciate the concern, but unfortunately this is who I am...I didn't get that choice." Cody said keeping the specifics vague.

I completely understand. " Drew said as he looked at the man. He tried to think of something to say but decided to remain silent.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer walked over to a couple of trainers, one of them being what Summer assumed was Christie's brother.

"Hello there, my name is Summer and this is my partner Candice. Are you two competing in the Unova League?" Summer asked as her Cinccino on her shoulder waved at the trainers.

Cody soon saw a girl, the one Christie was talking to, approach him and Drew.

"Name's Cody. Yes I'll be competing in the Unova League, and I'll be winning the Unova League." Cody said matter of factly.

" Yes I'll be competing in the tournament." Drew said. " I hope you do well." He said as he got a good look at the girl before going back to eating.

"Who's Gregory?! What do you mean? What are you doing? I've done nothing wrong!" Looked was confused and tried to struggle and break out of the handcuff. Alias, the confused high ranking detective could not escape the clutches of the iron cuffs.

"You tried to make a run for it." Mathews said. " You punched Gregory. " He said pointing to the man he just punched. and stole his gun. You tried to fire at us but missed. we opened fire on you and...." Mathews tried to finish before a beam of ice knocked him out.
Greogry pulled out his gun only for a man to drop from above and disarm him. "Polio nice shot." James Buchanan said. He looked at Looker. "We need to move." He said as he took off Lookers cuffs quickly.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Thanks, I also wish you luck." Summer said to the boy next to Cody.

"Oh a cocky one huh? Well just know that I didn't come here to lose." Summer said to Cody as Candice stared Cody down with a look of determination.

"By the way, you should probably learn some manners from your sister. Walking off mid conversation isn't very polite." Summer said with a tease, referencing the two's first meeting.

Drew laughed a little bit at that. " She's right that isn't very good." He said. " Especially when dealing with a lady." He took a sip of his drink. He started to think about what ever happened to Isabel. She just up and vanished when he was severely injured.

Cody shot Drew a glare before letting out a sigh and facing Summer.

"You're right, that was uncalled for and I apologize. If we meet in the Unova League, I'll be sure to show proper respect when I beat you." Cody said with a smirk before taking a drink of some water.

Christie watched the couple's concern over the arrest with a frown. She felt bad and wanted to comfort them, but didn't want to intrude. Ultimately she decided to give the pair some space but made a point to comfort them later when appropriate. Christie started to go back to where she left Summer only to see that she relocated to a burger joint talking to another trainer and her brother. Christie smiled and decided to join the group, making her way to the burger joint with her Eevee right behind her.

Aspen looked around. And so we return to Driftveil City once more, she thought. She smiled as she observed the building that she and the other contestants would be battling in. She wondered if she would see any familiar faces. Probably. Drew seems to show up here pretty often. Same with Patrick and Ella. Or at least in the last two. Aspen saw Drew talking to a couple of Trainers inside a restaurant and decided to drop in on them. She walked into the building and headed to their table. "Hey, Drew!" the girl greeted him. "You been doing okay with all of...that?" Aspen meant his injuries. She was glad that nothing that serious had happened to her yet. Hopefully it wouldn't...

Rose cast a wistful glance around the city as she walked in from the direction of the Driftveil Drawbridge. The veteran Trainer's ponytail whipped behind her in the wind. She remembered this place very fondly, and knew that eventually she would have to visit an old friend. First, however, she stopped by the Gym. The inside looked shiny and clean, which was relatively ironic. She talked briefly with Clyde, the Greeter, for old time's sake, then headed to the elevator. It went down quite a bit before coming to a sudden stop. Rose stepped out and smiled nostalgically, memories of her Pokemon journey flooding back. Though it was dark, a detail that she couldn't recall from before, the low drone of conveyor belts and other machinery was very similar. The Trainer carefully made her way through the maze to the platform in the center. In front of her stood Clay, the Driftveil City Gym Leader. He huffed, seemingly agitated. "League's started already, kid," he said. "Yer a little late startin to collect badges."
"I didn't come to get a badge," Rose had a smile on her face. Her voice echoed throughout the cavern. "I came for another battle, this time not flustered, crying and lucky not to be lost." This seemed to flip a lightbulb for Clay. He chuckled.
"Alrighty then, Rose. Ya got yourself a battle. Don't think I'll go easy on ya!"

Abigail jumped into the air. "Yes!" she exclaimed as she pumped her fist. Across the battlefield, a Skitty lay fainted on the ground. Abigail's Eevee jumped into the girl's arms. I had to have passed the test! That was a great battle! Abigail thought. This was a test for her from the mysterious group that had taken her from her home around a year ago. They had shown her kindness and hospitality, however, and were even helping her to get stronger! Unfortunately, Abigail's young, impressionable mind led her to be naive sometimes. She didn't even realize that she was being taken advantage of and played like a violin. The Masqueraders only wanted her because she would cause a great deal of pain to Isabel Maey, the Mask of Fairies-turned-IDF agent, by becoming the new Mask of Fairies.

Isabel walked onto the streets in front of the battle hall that would house the Unova League. She brushed her hair behind her ear, still self-conscious of the fact that she looked better as a blonde. But being an IDF agent and on the run from a criminal organization had its downsides. An awful lot of them, actually. Her brother, Jason, walked beside her. Since the Masqueraders had attacked at the League Tournaments before, it was likely that they'd strike at this event as well.

Drew turned around and looked he smiled a little bit. "Hey Aspen." He said it's been awhile. He ate another of his fries. While he and Aspen rarely talked they both seemed to have a respectable relationship.

Special Agent Damian Lawson was an ordinary young man who became promoted to a higher role in the Masqueraders under The Leader, Ghetsis. Now that Ghetsis was dead, the Mask of Darkness approached him.

"Damian. Do I have your full support?" The Mask of Darkness spoke.

"Indeed. I have been against The Leader for some time now..."

"Good. You and the other Special Agents shall get ready to attack Patrick. We've recieved word from individuals that he is participating in the Unova Tournament."

"Excellent master."

"We've also arrested Looker, the high ranking famous detective who, it turns out, was developing a resistance group within the police. You see, most of the police was turned to be on our side."

"How did that happen?"

"We have two members of the Council hiding inside the police, corrupting it. The Mask of Norm and the Mask of Ice."

The Mask of Ice walked in at that point.

Aspen sat down. She looked back to the battle arena and chuckled a little. "I really hope I can get farther in the Tournament this time," she recalled losing in the two Tournaments that she entered. "I've definitely been getting stronger, but so has everyone else." Aspen turned back to Drew. "So anyways, what have you been up to as of late?" she asked.

"Finish it! Leaf Storm!" Rose shouted. Her Serperior created a hurricane of sharp-edged leaves. They sped towards Clay's already-weak Excadrill. Some hit the ground, causing dust to fly upwards in a cloud. When it cleared, Excadrill lay fainted on the ground.
"Excadrill, return," Clay brought back the Subterrene Pokemon. "Well, ya won. Congratulations," he said to Rose. "Did ya get eight Gym Badges?"
"Yep. I was actually about to enter the Tournament," Rose replied. Serperior slithered over to her. "Oh, right! Return!" she brought back the large serpentine Pokemon.
"Well, I'll be rootin' for ya. Good luck." Clay's phone then rang.
"I'll let you take that," Rose then headed back out. To the League! she thought, her optimism renewed.

"Very good." Said the Mask of Darkness, leaning on the door of the gym. He was covered by the shadows, so he could not be seen. He clapped as Rose won.

Last edited by a moderator:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I'll just say if we do meet in the Unova League...I look forward to the opportunity to knock you down a peg." Summer said to Cody before another girl came to the area, one Drew referred to as Aspen.

"Another contender huh? My name is Summer nice to meet you." Summer said to Aspen while Candice continued to focus on Cody, the Cinccino keeping a glare on him.

Brycen walked casually outside of the main filming theatre in Pokestar studios. After many years, he was still taken a dominant role in the movies it made. Brycen entered his private room. The three shadows appeared.

"What are you doing here?" Brycen asked.

"We came. To see you." One of the shadows said. "The master wants us to group up and kidnap the important child named Patrick."

"Can't you see i'm busy here!?" Brycen cried, but in the flash of a second, one of the shadows had teleported up to him and placed the Mask of Ice on him.

"Come with us. We've gathered former members of Team Plasma to help create Team Shadow." Another one of the shadows said.

The Mask of Ice looked up at them.

"The sages are with us."

In the Seivee islands McNiel landed near where Davarious lived. He walked over and used the blood he gained to open the door. " Those fools." He said as he went inside. " Gather everything and take it to my hideout." He said.

"Not much." Drew said. " Just been trying to live with my new self." He said. " You?"

Aspen shrugged. "Traveling, walking over way too many bridges, getting Gym badges...Not really much out of the ordinary. I did get a couple new Pokemon, though." she pulled out two Pokeballs. "Meet Emmet the Emolga and Fuzz the Whimsicott!" Emmet flew onto the table and sat near Drew. Fuzz hid behind Aspen and looked at Drew cautiously before slowly emerging.

" Yeah." He said to the whimscott. " I know I'm ugly." He said as he gently petted it's head. " So Aspen how are you liking Unova." He said.

"It's pretty nice. A whole lot more like Johto than Hoenn was, I can say that much!" Aspen joked. Fuzz shied away from Drew's hand and glanced warily at Aspen. Aspen nodded, and Fuzz allowed Drew to pet it. "Fuzz is a little bit shy," Aspen explained.

"Check... check... check... what's this?" The man checking Riley's registration form said to himself. "What's wrong?" Riley asked calmly as he looked at the guy checking the form. "Oh, it's nothing to be worried about. I'm just suprised the winner of Johto and Hoenn would still be entering another tournament." The man said before stamping the registration form. Riley looked down as he heard the remark. It gave him the memory of what had happened in Sinnoh. 'It was a fluke, nothing else' Riley thought to himself, shaking his head. Then he looked back up to give his reply. "I'm not satisfied till I win every tournament." Riley replied before noticing something. A list of the competitors already registered.

The registry guy noticed Riley looking at the list and watched as a slight smirk grew on the boy's lips. "Notice someone familiar?" The man asked as he noticed the boy's glare was focused on only one name. 'So he still has some fight left in that broken body' Riley thought to himself. "Yeah, I guess you can say that. This tournament just got a little more interesting." Riley said looking back up at he man. "Well that's great to hear. The last tournament was ruined due to a terrible attack. Hopefully our security will be ready this time." The registry man stated. "Yeah..." Riley said slowly not knowing how to respond to that last statement. "Anyways, good luck." The man at the registry said before Riley walked away.

As he walked, he noticed as more trainers started to appear. For most of them, it was probably their first tournament which meant they wouldn't be a threat to him. There were only a handful that could be troublesome and Riley already knew who they were.

Jason and Isabel walked into the registration area. Isabel would compete in the Tournament, as a way to somewhat explain her presence there. Plus, it would give her a chance to battle and get stronger. As her form was getting checked, the girl's gaze wandered to the list. A small gasp escaped her lips as she recognized a name. He's...here, Isabel thought. She didn't pay attention to the man as she walked out of the building, Jason with her. "You saw him too?" he asked. Isabel nodded.
"I...I'm just happy he's alright," she said. Isabel hoped that he wouldn't be peeved off at her for running off on him...

Drew looked at the Whimscott. and smiled. Before he could say anything Tess emerged from her Pokeball and smiled at the Whimscott. " How are you." She said to it.

Lancec silently sat on a cliff, His Crobat flying around his head
"So, you're here...." Lancec sighed, Getting up and looking at the Dragon Mask

"How did you know?" It asked, It's voice Unhumanly deep

"Crobat stopped flying, He does that when someone is near" Lancec smirked, Noticing the Dragon Mask with a Knife in its hand

"You always weren't one for Pokemon battles...." Lancec sighed, Readying his fists

The Dragon Mask ran forward, Dodging a punch from Lancec and going in for a slice before it was thrown back

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, Don't forget that I have Pokemon! You can be such an idiot!" Lancec smirked, Crobat floating next to him

It leaped forward, Dodging multiple kicks and punches from Lancec and then grabbing his leg in the middle of another kick, It flipped around the knife and went in for a stab until it was knocked back again

"He's just going to keep doing t-" Lancec was cut off as it threw the knife at him, He quickly dodged and looked back at the dragon mask who was running at him, It punched him in the head and steadily grabbed Crobat's Pokeball

"Cro!" the Crobat yelled, Its body getting sucked into the Pokeball

"Alright, Let's get down to business, Where is Daybreak?" It asked, Picking up the knife and walking to Lancec

"That old thing? I gave it to a girl passing by, She asked if I had it, She needed it for some "Paradox" group..." Lancec said, Getting up and looking at it

"Great..... I now have to go to Kalos......" It sighed, Sheathing the Knife on it's hip "As for you...... I have no further need for you" It said, Kicking Lancec down the hill

Lancec watched the Dragon Mask jump on her Altaria and fly away, Lancec slowly crawled over to a rock and sat there, Slowly getting his energy back....

Jack and Tatsumaki had left the Burger place, Wondering what to do next
"I heard there was a hotel near by, We could rent our rooms for the tournament" Tatsumaki suggested, Pointing West

"Sure, Lets do that, I don't have any other ideas" Jack smirked, Looking west to see a large building not to far away

"It's the only thing we can do in our short area of story in this post that was mostly about the battle between the flying mask and the dragon mask" Jack said, Not controlling what he was saying

"What?" Tatsumaki asked, Looking at Jack

"What?" Jack replied, Forgetting what he said

"Let's go!" Tatsumaki yelled, Forgetting what had just transpired

They arrived at the hotel, their legs tired and throats dry
"Hi, My name is Jack Devlin and this is Ri- Tatsumaki Ninia and we would like to rent a room" Jack smirked, Holding out one thousand Pokedollars

"Would you like the deluxe room for an extra two thousand?" The man asked

"Sure" Jack said, Grabbing Two thousand more Pokedollars out of a Tatsumaki's bag

"You are room 78, Have a nice day" The man smiled, Pointing them to the rooms

"Alright..... We found the room...." Jack smiled, tired from all the counting and walking, They entered the room and threw their bags down, Tatsumaki pulled a notebook out of her bag and started to write while Jack jumped on the bed

"Whatcha writing?" Jack asked, Watching Tatsumaki

"It's a book I'm writing, Don't touch it" Tatsumaki answered, Watching Jack

"Fine.... I'll just take a nap...." Jack sighed, Looking away and closing his eyes...

"Oh that Pokemon is so CUTE!" Christie said to Aspen's Pokemon, her Eevee looking on with curiosity.

"Hi my name is Christie, and over there is my brother Cody. Nice to meet you!" Christie said with a big grin, Cody simply looked to his side at the new girl not saying anything.

"Whimsicott..." (I-I'm okay, thanks...), Fluff replied to the Gardevoir shyly. Aspen looked at the two new Trainers.
"I'm Aspen," she introduced herself. "That's Fuzz, and this is Emmet." Emmet flew onto Aspen's arm and gave a wave to the brother-sister-duo. "Are you two competing in the Tournament as well?" Aspen asked.

Christie waved back at Emmet, Cody just stared not saying a word.

"Of course! Me and my brother will be competing in the Unova League. I'm just so excited...Cody is too even if he doesn't show it." Christie said with a smile. Cody just shrugged.

"Well, I'm here to win the Unova League. I didn't come here to be merely a participant." Cody said.

Special agent Damian entered the room he was told Abigail was training in.

"The master told me to give you this as a present." Damian said to Abigail, reaching out to give her a poke ball which contained a Cottonnee. "Do what you like with it, he says. Try to evolve it, the master says."

The Mask of Ice and the three shadows decieded to try and break the Mask of Bug out of prison. The Mask of Ice dressed himself into his police uniform, approaching the prison which contained his mask friend. Two guards stood taking watch. The Mask of Ice's Beartic marched up to the two guards, grabbed them and pushed them into a wall, causing them to die. Brycen saw a group of police officers run out.

"Freeze!" Brycen shouted as the police officers were stopped in their tracks by the cold blast of an ice beam from Brycen's Vanilluxe.

"What was the point in dressing like a policeman if you were going to freeze them?" One of the shadows said.

"I'm sorry, but I just wanted a bit of spontaneous fun!" Brycen laughed. "I haven't felt like this in ages. Come on, we need to free him."

30 minutes later, the four of them managed to break out with the Mask of Bug. Brycen had many Masquerader allies who had infiltrated the small prison.

"Sir." A person said through a radio. McNiel picked it up.
"Yes." he said as he walked out. He made sure to place officers all around the building so when the fake masks show up he'll be able to stop them.
" Brycen and company broke out the bug mask." The officer said.
" Do you have a line of sight." He said.
"Yes sir." The officer said as he and a few people look through the scope.
"take them out." He said. " Non lethal."
"Yes sir." The officer said as he and his men fired at the masks.

The tall, Blue headed figure walked into the town's Pokémon centre.
"No sign of anyone I know"
as he walked to the nurse and shrugged his shoulders
"Thanks for healing my team and signing me up."
Lucas nodded and sat on the bench to the right.

"They're firing on us!" Brycen cried.
"How? I thought you said these guys were your friends?!" The Mask of Bug asked.
"I don't know. There must be some worm in the Masqueraders who told them to turn on us." Brycen said, running with the Mask of Bug to behind a truck. Brycen sent out his Beartic, who walked in front of the firing, absorbing many hits. Next, the Mask of Bug sent out his Leavanny to creep up on the officers from behind.
"When I say 'Go' we both must run!" Brycen said.

"String shot!" The mask of Bug shouted. Leavanny turned on the officers and shot a sticky string at them, hoping they would be tied up by it.
"Go!" Yelled Brycen. Both of them ran as fast as they could up the streets. On their intercoms-the machines which allowed them to communicate with other masks, they heard their master's voice.

"What is going on there?" The Mask of Darkness asked through the machine. "You went to sneak up to release the Bug Mask like I told you?"
"He's here with me but...we were attacked by police officers. But the thing is...they were Masqueraders disguised as Police officers. They were supposed to have my back while I released the Bug Mask, yet they turned on us when we finally did escape."

"There must be a Raticate about! I'll have agents finding out who did this...I already have a hunch it may have something to do with that McNeal. He's had access to every police officer we could find. I've tried talking to him but his intercom doesn't seem to be working. When I try tracking him I've had several random locations, including the Sevii Islands. He haven't seen him in the hideout in a while. If you see him, you may formally engage with him. I'll be executing some of his followers in the meantime..."

A guy walked out. " Flame thrower." He said as a charizard appeared from the sky and attacked the beartic. The guy walked past them and looked at each of the masks before firing at them from point blank range.