• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Unova league tournament

Character Bios and plot ideas go here https://pokecharms.com/threads/unova-league-tournament-discussion.15187/
Cane in hand drew walked towards the sign up registry. Tess emerged from her Pokeball and walked beside him. Drew saw her from his good eye and smiled at his friend and partner. " I hope we can prove ourselves again. He said as he smiled a little bit. He walked inside of the registry and signed up for the tournament. He showed the man his badges and had his picture taken. after a while he walked outside he decided to stand there and take in the cool air. He wondered what people he might meet this time.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer was so excited. She was finally ready for the Unova League! Candice was on her shoulder, sharing in the excitement.

"Hello I'm here to sign up for the Unova League." Summer asked the registration desk.

"Do you have your 8 Unova Gym Badges?" The receptionist asked.

"Right here!" Summer said showing off her badges. The receptionist looked at them before entering something on the computer.

"Welcome to the Unova League." The receptionist said as Summer giggled and walked out.

"Well my match isn't for awhile, so how about some lunch?" Summer asked Candice who nodded in approval before the two went off to an outdoor food cart.

Cody just finished thanking the receptionist for accepting his admission into the Unova League. He was quite confident in his ability to win, but he knew with so much talent competing it would be no easy task. Still, Cody couldn't help but wonder if his sister would make it.

"Let's see if you're good enough to join the elite Christie." Dan said to himself before deciding to talk a walk outside.

Christie was in a rush, running with a dress was not easy but she somehow managed. Her partner Eevee helped to clear traffic.

"Excuse me...please tell me I'm not too late to register." Christie said in-between breathes. The receptionist chuckled.

"No you made it with plenty of time to spare." The receptionist informed her causing Christie to let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness. In that case I would let to compete." Christie said showing her 8 Unova Badges, the receptionist soon cleared her as she made her way outside.

"We did it my dear, we are in!" Christie said as Eevee smiled at her.

"Now let's see if we can scout...CODY!" Christie said before she saw her brother not too far from her and she ran after him.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer and Candice were enjoying their fruit smoothie. She then noticed a girl in a dress running after a blue haired trainer.

"Well, that looks interesting. Want to check it out?" Summer asked with Candice replying with a nod. She then walked over to the pair.

Drew noticed the people and watched carefully do to the accident onboard the plank he looked more like fifty than twenty two. He walked towards the food court as Tess fallowed close behind.
" So think we'll see anyone we know." Tess said as she looked at him.
" Maybe." He said. He saw some people gathering together and walking towards them.

Cody heard all too familiar voice and before he noticed he was wrapped up in a hug from behind.

"Well hello Christie, so you made the tournament after all?" Cody asked turning around seeing his sister and her partner Eevee.

"Of course! I told you we'd be in the Unova League. And you doubted us." Christie said with a smirk, which Cody replied with a smirk.

"Never for a second. Doesn't change the fact I'll kick your butt." Cody said before he noticed a couple of people walking towards him.

"Oh hello! My name is Christie and this is my big brother Cody. We're both competing in the Unova League, are you guys as well?" Christie asked unable to contain her excitement.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Uh, hi my name's Summer. Yes I'm competing. Nice to meet you to." Summer said slightly taken aback by girl's energy, but she seemed nice enough.

"Though I didn't come here to compete, I came to win." Summer said with a smirk.

Danny walked into the registration office, Asriel hover behind him intently. Danny walked up to the registration desk. It was extremly familiar, the secretary gave him his trainer card and hotel key and said "You're free to go." Danny walked past to see someone he met closer to the end of the tournament,Drew. Danny smiled and waved. He Gleefully shouted across the room, "Hey, Drew, It's me Sazandora!"

"Oh your Cinccino is SO cute!" Christie said noticing the little guy on Summer's shoulder.

"But, how do you intend to win when I will be the victor?" Christie said, unaware of how arrogant her statement sounded.

"Yeah my sister can get a little too hyper for my tastes. It's nice to meet you to, I'm Cody." Cody said wanting to introduce himself.

"Plus the truth is you're both wrong, I'll be winning the Unova League." Cody said with a smirk.

"Sazandora." He said with a smile on his face. " it's been too long." He said. as he looked at the man. " How have you been?"

"I've been good, but do to the events of the Sinnoh tournament, I changed my name to Danny, so, have you been good too?" Danny replied. He pulled the lollipop stick he was chewing on out of his mouth to speak. He was happy to have already seen a familiar face.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Thanks. Your Eevee is a cutie itself." Summer said as Candice seemed to appreciate the compliment.

"Well there's only one way to see whose right, but that's not for awhile. No reason we can't be friendly in the meantime." Summer suggested. Trading cocky insults was fun, but there was no reason they couldn't at least pretend to be friends before the matches begin.

"That's good, I think I could eat,:" Danny shrugged," I mean I have been feeling a little empty since about half way through my Unova Journey, so, Yeah, I could eat, I still haven't gotten used to this damn vest I have to wear all the time."

"I think that's a good idea. I plan on getting some lunch, you two can chatter if you'd like." Cody said before walking off to a nearby burger joint.

"Don't mind him. He acts like some stoic loner but he's a nice guy where it counts." Christie said trying to excuse her brothers rather rude mid conversation bail.

"So, how's you experience here in Unova been?" Christie asked trying to engage in small talk.

"Well try having you're leg barley function and be blind in one eye." He said jokingly as he started to walk. " So how has you're journey been.

"My weak spine made it a bit harder to make the round trip this time," Danny bantered as he walked with Drew, Not to mention my Girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer and died along the way, she left me with her Ampharos, Milotic, and Gardevoir with me."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer didn't like how Cody just brushed her and his own sister off, and her defense of this action made it look worse.

"An eventful one. Highlight was my battle with Elesa, she's amazing...and a pretty good battler too." Summer said with a chuckle.

Cody sat down on a bench, a meal of burgers and fries, and was deep in thought. He knew he wasn't a people person, but that didn't excuse his behavior. Still he couldn't stop from being business focused; socializing wasn't going to help him become champion.

"Oh I know! Her fashion choices are beyond compare. She's a goddess." Christie said recalling her experience with Elesa with a big smile. Eevee couldn't help but shake its head, her partner could be pretty silly at times.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer smiled. This girl was a little out there, but she could tell she had a good heart. Candice hopped off Summer's shoulder and walked up to the Eevee, trying to present itself and socialize with it. Summer couldn't help but smile at that.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Deep underground Castelia City lay a network of tunnels leading to Castelia Sewers. Drops of filthy sewer water came down as a masked figure ran into a side path. He knocked on the door to an illegal club. Man took one look at him and let him in. The man in the black mask wore a scarf and marched in, seeing a large group of people ha fling each other in strange ways, on the wooden pits, which seemed to be a former skate park. A hitmontop was spinning in one of the pits, as other trainers pitted their many Whirlipedes to roll against it. Gamblers and drinkers passed by, all in very strange masks. A muscular young man walked up swiftly to the tough man who seemed to have complete control of the place.

"Ah there you are." The man in the black mask said.

"I've got the files on the boy...and the others." The muscular man said.

The black masked mob boss looked at the files. "Where did you get these?"

The muscular man took off his mask to reveal a handsome face. The man in the black mask smiled, in an evil way.

"So you came running back!!" The black masked man cried. "It's a good thing I ain't the Leader...You will help me defeat him, won't you?"

"Yes." The muscular man said. "And for your information, that guy injected me." He pointed to a man with a load of Syringes. He had injected the muscular man with a chemical developed to completely take control of the brain.

"Return to the surface...the fake attack shall be ordered like I said and by the end of the week, the Leader will be gone."

(Patrick)
Patrick and Ella strolled into the reception room for the tournament. They held each other's hands firmly.

"How can I help?" The receptionist asked.
"Hi we'd like to..." Patrick started
"to sign up!" Ella finished his sentenced and Patrick laughed.

"Your names?"

"Patrick O'Brien" Patrick said.

"Ella Azoras." Ella said.

Their names were written down and they marched through to meet the other trainers.

Cody couldn't stop thinking about what strategies he would implement in the matches, he knew he was probably overthinking this, but this was his defining moment. He was competing against the best Unova had to offer, he couldn't afford to screw up.

He certainly wouldn't hear the end of it if his own sister outlasted him.

Christie noticed a couple of trainers come out of the receptionists area.

"So sorry, but I'd like to go mingle with more of the competition. I'll be back shortly." Christie said to Summer before running to a pair of trainers holding hands with her Eevee following right behind her.

"Hello my name is Christie it is nice to me you! Are you here for the Unova League?" Christie asked the pair.

Drew sat at the burger shop. He took an outside seat as he started to eat. He wondered if any of the others would show up. He took a bite out of his burger. and looked around.

Cody saw someone else eating at the burger shop and let out a sigh. His sister had a point, he should make an effort to be more social. Against his better judgement he walked over to the trainer eating a burger.

"Hey, the name's Cody. Nice to meet you." Cody said in a low voice. Being social was something he wasn't used to.

Drew stopped eating and looked at the man. " I'm Drew." He said as he stood up gripping his cane. " It's nice to meet you." He said. " Care to join me?"

The Mask of Darkness looked at three masked characters. The Masquerader group had moved their base to Unova in order to find and kidnap Patrick O'Brien, who actually had in him the DNA to open the doors to a vault, containing powerful weapons. The Mask of Darkness stood next to three Masqueraders who had been ordered to carry out a fake attack on a police station in a distant town to put the sent off of Patrick. One of the three Masqueraders was Jonas Brogdon, Patrick's former best friend and rival, who had joined the international Pokémon army a year ago.
"Do not do what the Leader is telling you." Started the Mask of Darkness. "He wants to ruin your reputation. He is selfish and miserly. Listen here, you can help me get rid of him. I've collected a posse of high ranking Masks on my side, as well as the general majority."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sure." Cody said sitting down next to Drew. So far being social hadn't proved to be a total disaster.

"Nice to meet you both!" Christie said with a big smile to the couple. Her Eevee watched the couple with a curious expression on its face.

"What's your name?" Patrick asked Christie
"Do you think we could be up against her?" Ella whispered.

In a police station nearby, the three Masqueraders had deliberately walked into a police station, in which Looker, one of the top detectives and one of the highest ranking members of the international police force, was located. He turned around as he saw the three dashing in and grabbed them along with his small force of policemen.

"Christie. I'm also competing at the Unova League. This is my partner Eevee!" Christie said with a big smile as her partner continued to stare at the couple, its curious expression ever present on the Eevee's face.

" So Cody I take it you're participating in the tournament." He said as he looked at him. " If you are I wish you good luck." He said " You'll need it." He took another bite. " Other than that can you tell me anything about you're self."

"Yeah, I don't believe in luck. The best trainer will win today...and I intend that to be me. Not much to say really, though I think you'd be interested to hear my sister is also competing at this tournament." Cody said before eating a couple of French fries.

Sage Rood strolled hapilly outside his newfound home in Driftveil City. He smiled at the flock of trainers on their way to the tournament. He marched down a dark alleyway when he saw a Ducklett on it's own. Rood was always a very positive character, believing he could do good. He dashed towards the Ducklett when a large fist hit him on the back and a man jumped down from a rooftop and covered Rood's head with a bag.
Rood awoke in a confined darkened room. The bag was removed to the mask of the Leader, the one organising the Masqueraders.

"Where am I?" Rood asked. Rood looked around and saw he was tied to a chair and that there were five other old men tied to chairs. He recognised them. The six of them were all members of the Seven Sages. "Zinzolin...Gorm...Ryoku...Bronius...Giallo...Why have you captured them?"

"I am The Leader here.No doubt you would have heard of us....we are the Masqueraders, a group which shall bring revenge to our enemies." The Leader replied

"Oh i've heard!" Zinzolin spat. "You must tell us why we're here!"

"Quiet!" The Leader cried.

"Why am I here?" Rood asked

"Both of you..." The Leader took off his mask to reveal a very scared face and a red eyepatch. He stretched out his hair.

"Of course! You're Ghetsis!!" Zinzolin roared.

As this reveal came to light, the other sages gasped. Even the other Masqueraders in the room looked shocked. They hadn't been told the full truth.

"We shall unite together. My master plan has formed. The true reason I became the Leader of the Masqueraders was to recreate Team Plasma. I believe we can recreate the team together."

"But I thought you were dead...in an insane asylum at least..." Zinzolin replied

"No! That is what the shadows will want you to believe." As The Leader said this, the Shadow Triad appeared next to him to hand him a gun. The Leader aimed it at Zinzolin.

"You idiot!" Zinzolin cried. "You never knew how to...just shoot me already!"

Ghetsis shot Zinzolin instantly. The other sages screamed.

"You stop this Ghetsis! You're mad thinking you'll get me on your side. I never was part of Team Plasma!" Rood shouted.

"And that is why you have to die!" Ghetsis roared, shooting a bullet into Rood's chest. Both Rood and Zinzolin fell to the ground as the blood pierced through.

"Don't kill us please!" Pleaded Gorm. This was followed by a muffle of shouting from the other sages.

The Mask of Metal marched over to Ghetsis and handed him a gun, as the Leader needed to reload his gun. Ghetsis pulled the trigger to find that it wasn't working.

"What the..." Ghetsis said. The Mask of Darkness was right next to him.

"Now!" The Mask of Darkness shouted as the Masqueraders in the room, including some elemental Masks, surrounded the Leader.

"What...what are you doing?"

"I, the Mask of Darknesss, have been plotting against you all along! You have proved my theory that you are using your role to create your own team which will threaten the existence of the Masqueraders themselves. You constantly bully the weak and kill useful sources. You need to be put down!"

Three days ago....
The Devlin Mansion, On the island West of the Southern Island, Hoenn

"Jack! Dad wants you!" Henry yelled, peeking his head into Jack's room, Jack sat on the floor, His leg's crossed with his Lucario next to him
"This seems important," Luke said, Getting up and pulling Jack up with him
"He just wants Jack" Henry sighed, Walking in and pushing Jack out the door
"So, What does dad want?" Jack asked, Looking at his younger brother
"I dunno, Stuff about the family, Your ARE the oldest and the best Pokemon trainer in the family" Henry answered, Continuing to read a book

Jack walked into his father's study, Noticing his father at his desk
"Son, I have bad news...." His father said, Looking at Jack in the eye
"What is it?" Jack asked, Sitting down at the chair in front of the desk
"Your sister ran away from home and said she was going to Kalos" He replied, Writing down some notes
"Great..... Do you want me to go over there and get her?" Jack asked
"No, She would know you would come" He replied
"So what do you want me to do?" Jack asked
"Go to Unova and participate in the League Tournament, You beat all the gyms a couple years ago, Correct?" He asked
"Yes but why? Why go to Unova and do this?" Jack asked, Slamming his fist on the table
"To get stronger, She also said she was joining a group of elite trainers known as "Paradox", They are at your skill level, Maybe even higher," He said
"Alright then..... I'll do it, Goodbye...." Jack sighed, Leaving his father's study and walking out the front door with Luke behind him
"What was that about?" Tatsumaki asked, Sitting on the steps of the Devlin Mansion
"I'm going to Unova for the League Tournament, Why are you here?" Jack asked
"We were going to go on a date.... Remember?" Tatsumaki sighed
"We can have a holiday in Unova, how about that?" Jack asked sarcastically
"Sure!" Tatsumaki yelled
"I was being sarcastic...." Jack sighed
"I DON'T CARE, Let's GO" Tatsumaki yelled, Grabbing Jack's hand and running...

Present Day

Jack and Tatsumaki walked into the Burger Shop, The air reminded him of Sinnoh and Rita......
"So.... What should we get?" Tatsumaki asked, Holding Jack's hand
"I dunno, You can order whatever you want and ill just go sit over there...." Jack smirked
Jack walked over to the chair and sat down, He held Luke's Pokeball in his hand as he casually waited, Noticing two other people talking
"Hmm.... I wonder what Johto is like....." Jack said quietly, Noticing an Ampharos walk past...

Ghetsis sent out his Bisharp. "You think you can defeat me? I created you...in your current form! You owe everything to me!"

"Lier!" The mask of Darkness cried. The Mask of Darkness sent out a Bisharp and the two Bisharps dashed forward and dueled, clashing their blades together. "It's time for the ordinary people to take over. It's time to unite!"

"Without me...you wouldnt be in the place you were now."

"Lier!" The Mask of Darkness cried as the two Bisharps now dueled on a wooden table. Ghetsis's Bisharp cut the table in half as the other one dodged a close attack. The Masqueraders which gathered around Ghetsis tried to pin him down.

"Hydreigon!" Ghetsis yelled as a three headed dragon creature popped into the room. The Pokémon roared in the room. The Masqueraders dispersed in fear.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Summer saw Christie run off to meet a couple of trainers and chuckled.

"Quite the character, wouldn't you agree?" Summer asked Candice, her partner Cinccino, who nodded on her shoulder. Summer soon noticed several trainers by a burger shop.

"Seems like a gathering, let's check it out." Summer said as she & Candice made their way over to the burger shop.

As the grunts fled the room, some of the Masks still remained. The Mask of Ice sent out his Beartic, who wrestled Hydreigon. Hydreigon let out a blast of dragon pulse and then fire blast when caused the pokemon to faint. Fires spread across the room as the Mask of Ice fled. The Mask of Stone and Lightning took their turn, the Mask of Stone sending out his Gigalith and then came the Mask of Lightning's Galvantula. A stone edge attack jabbed Hydreigon from Gigalith and then a wave of thunderbolts stunned the beast. Hydreigon sent a wave of water through the move surf, knocking out Gigalith. Hydreigon flew towards Galvantula and hit it using a powerful dragon rush attack twice causing Galvantula to faint. The Mask of Ice, Stone and Lightning fled the room as Hydreigon took on multiple adversaries.

The Mask of Darkness's Bisharp parried several attacks from Ghetsis's Bisharp and pushed the Leader's pokemon into a wall. Bisharp was attacked by Hydreigon, to which, the blades of the Mask's pokemon pushed into the beast and sliced through Hydreigon, fainting the pokemon. Bisharp cut through the other Bisharp and his blade was put right up next to Ghetsis's neck.

Ghetsis struggled, trying to grab his poke balls, found that he didn't have his other pokemon. He looked over to the Mask of Darkness who had them in his hand. Bisharp stabbed Ghetsis.

"I...give in...you...." Coughed Ghetsis. He looked up to see the Mask of Darkness with a gun in his hand. He shot a bullet at the legendary former Team Plasma leader. That was it. Ghetsis, the Leader had been assassinated by the Mask of Darkness.

The Masks and other Masqueraders that had took part in the coup rushed in to see a battered room and the dead body of the former Leader. They started worshipping the Mask of Darkness. He declared himself as the new Leader. The 4 remaining sages stood there in shock. The three shadows were there as well.

"What...shall we do..." Giallo, one of the sages asked.

"You four...shall become part of the Masqueraders..." The Mask of Darkness pointed to a particular Masquerader who injected them with the chemical and covered their faces with masks. The sages became integrated members of the Masqueraders and were projected into becoming high ranking admins.

The three shadows, who were also former members of Team Plasma, marched forward.

"What do we do now? Our future was in Ghetsis." A shadow said.

"You shall also become members of the Masqueraders." The Mask of Darkness looked down and saw the chemical already implanted into their arms. "Part of my master plan was to create train another team to take down any...unwanted opposition. Me and my close friend, the Mask of the Shadows will be the leaders and we were going to incorporate you three and your other Team Plasma and some Masquerader associates of mine. We shall call it...Team Shadow..."

The Mask of Shadow had the groups disperse whilest the room was cleaned. This marked a new chapter in the Masquerader saga.

Last edited by a moderator:
"True luck doesn't exist." Drew said as he ate his burger. " But it is a saying is it not." He said as he finished his burger he thought about leaving but decided to stay and talk to the man. " So Cody where are you from."
McNeil watched everything that was happening with disgust. this wasn't how the masks were expose to be operating. Openly attacking even though they didn't have any reason too. He had to put a stop to this. He had to bring them back to the way they we're not this power charade they were doing.
"Sir." One of his men said.
"Come in." He said.
" The blood sample you ordered." The man said as he handed McNeil the blood. " Thank you." He said.
He took the blood and walked to a computer. He checked were Darius use to live and where his wife might be. They only needed a DNA sample yet those fools are trying to go after the boy. " Mathews." He said to the Detective.
"Yes sir." Mathews said.
"arrest Looker and place this in his desk." He said handing the man a bag. " Next fuel the jet I'll be gone for a while."
Mathews nodded and walked out.

Jerrad Mathews walked into Lookers office and place the mask somewhere that was hidden yet could be found easily. He then walked up to Looker"Detective Looker you're here by arrested with accusation of being a mascaraeder." He said.

Last edited: