• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Trainer RP

Ere rummaged through his backpack. He found: an exp share, two potions and three rare candy.
"Here Kyle!" he said while throwing what he found to Kyle.

"Thanks!" said Kyle. Then, he told Ere, "Alright, before we leave, we gotta head to the professor's lab! Is that cool with you?" He was very eager to see the professor and get a Pokedex.

"Yes sure." He pulled out his own Pokedex. "I've seen every Pokemon. Also, the Professor might give you a starter!"
(I'm in England so expect late replies)

"In that case..." Kyle held out his PokeBall for Ariados. "Here, I want you to have it. It really came through for me when we were battling that Aggron, and I'm kinda scared that it still thinks of me as food!" He laughed.

"Heh, if it does, my sword fighting heritage will be of good use. So far I've got eighy Pokemon in this Region. So I'm going to train up more. I need to decide who to swap." Ere looked at the Ariados and smiled for the first time in ages. (GTG)

"Alright then!" exclaimed Kyle. "Then it is settled! We're headed to meet the professor!" His mind was screaming, anticipating for the journey that lay ahead of him.

(Alright! Bye!)

(Just ran outta nachos thats why)
Once they had arrived, the Professor did his cheery intro. He asked a couple question ans gave Kyle a Pokedex. Then..
"Kyle, who will you choose?" Ere asked, excited about his choice.

"Ummmm," said Kyle. He already had a Marshtomp, so it was between Torchic and Treecko. "Well, I need someone fast, and since I already have a Fire type, I choose Treecko!" He grabbed the PokeBall, and then handed the professor one of his. He then gave the professor Aggron to put in the PC. The professor then told them there was a boat taking them to Rustboro City. Due to Kyle's lack of gym badges, he couldn't travel and fight the Petalburg Leader yet.

"Kyle? Want to have a battle?" Ere asked. He was up and ready for a battle, for he hadn't had a successful one in so long. His Blastoise was looking pumped.

"Sure!" exclaimed Kyle. "Last time we battled, we never knew who would've won 'cause Raichu knocked off your eyepatch? If we are to battle, can it be my Rockruff against one of your weaker Pokemon? It doesn't have too much experience so I believe it would be nice to let it train a bit!"

"Sure, I'll send out Mightyena, it hasn't got too much experience either." Ere said. Mightyena jumped out of its Cherish Ball and growled fiercely. It might not have battled, but it wasn't to be underestimated.

Name: Jake
Special Characteristics: Athletic, Lazy, Caring to Pokémon and friends, Stubborn.
Appearance: Wears a red hoodie with black down the middle of the hoodie, badge jeans with black sneakers.

Region(s): Sinnoh
Team : Torterra (named Terra, female.) Luxray (named Sparkie, female.) Lopunny (with Lopunnite, female.) Spiritomb (named Ghosty, male.) Lucario (named Fist Fury, male.) Gallade (named Blade, male)

Likes and Dislikes: Dislikes really nothing, and Likes sweet things, horror, and video games on the Gameboy.
Other Pokémon: Porygon-Z (male.) Rotom (named, Shockspray. male.) and Garchomp (named Chompy, male.)

"Rockruff, let's go!" shouted Kyle. "Rockruff, start this battle off by using Leer!" That would lower Mightyena's defense and help make Rockruff's moves stronger against it.

"Mightyena, run in circles," Ere said. The would make Mightyena attack raise more and more each round and confuse Rockruff "Jump up and use Crunch!" Ere knew what he was doing - simply weakening the Rockruff.

'What is he doing?' thought Kyle. It clicked as soon as Mightyena jumped in the air. "Rockruff, use Rock Tomb around you! Above and to the left/right! Don't give Mightyena an opening to attack you through!"

"Keep spinning! Use Double Team and use Ice Fang! Don't stop spinning!" Ere said. His tactic was to confuse Rockruff. "Now! Don't stop spinning!"

"Keep spinning and use Dark Pulse right in the middle of the tomb," the Mightyena did so to reveal a hole, "Now again, use Dark Pulse!" The Mightyena was still spinning but used Dark Pulse down the hole. Ere, in the meanwhile, was noting everything down.

Name: Night
Special Characteristics: a large scar running down her face from
Appearance: she has long purple hair in a pony tail under one of her mom's old hats. A with t shirt and blue jeans

Region(s): Unovah (a bit) Sinnoh
Team : (Plasma but that's not what you ment, Ns side)
Espieon ( girl, Espie )
Infernape (boy, Char)
Gyrados (girl, Lady)
Garachomp (boy, Chomp)
Luray (boy, Bolt)
Egg (Eevee (Bolt and Espie))
Dislikes: galactic, Cynthia, jeks,people who don't care about pokemon
Other Pokemon:

Liligant (girl, Lass)
Vanilite (boy, Cream)

Night was laying against a tree watching the clouds and cuddling with her Pokemon. Her trainer card had been destroyed after her failed attempt to overt throw Cynthia and she had lost her badges. Now she was thinking about what had happened and what she was going do do next.

"Rockruff, jump out of that hole and block the exit with Rock Blast so that move doesn't come back and try to blast as many of those rocks as you can afterwards at Mightyena!"

Name: UNKNOWN (Code Named: Merchant)

Special Characteristics: Agent Merchant, or "Merc" as he's more commonly known by, has a cheerful and pleasant attitude, showing to be very mild-mannered and sophisticated. However, he tends to have a twisted area of profession. Working for an unknown organization, Merc gathers data on an area's pokemon, catches them, and sells them to the highest bidder. He treats the Pokemon he sells with kindness and loving care, getting to know them on a personal level to better teach customers how to train or care for them. He also has a bitter side, though, mostly toward his past working for Team Rocket.

Appearance: Merc has long blonde hair tied into a Ponytail at the back, bright blue eyes, a fair skin tone, and a large birthmark shaped like a crow on his right hand. He often wears a royal blue vest with a long-sleeved white shirt and tie underneath, and matching pants. He also wears a trench coat with many interior pockets to hold various gadgets provided to him by his corporation, a fedora, and a pair of white gloves, and is almost never seen without his briefcase.

Region(s): While Merc's home region is unknown, he has traveled around the known Pokemon world
Team: Hydreigon (Male), Salazzle (Female), Aegislash, Scizor (Male), Seismitoad (Male), Rotom-Wash

Likes/Dislikes: Likes good business days, a challenging Pokemon battle, and sweets. Dislikes bitter foods, rude customers, those who interfere with his work.
Other Pokemon: None, aside from those he sells

"Now keep in mind, this teddiursa is a little shy, so be gentle and patient to earn it's trust." Merc said as he handed the little girl in front of him a pokeball. He then pressed the button and the pokeball popped open, the small bear Pokemon forming in her arms with a slightly confused, timid look.

"Ahhh, it's so cute!" the little girl cooed, gently hugging it. "Thank you so much, mister!" She then ran off as his mother paid for the Pokemon, a little reluctant to give money to a Pokemon Trafficker. She then went after her child as Merc smiled. I hope that little girl treats that teddiursa well. He thought to himself. The battle going on nearby caught his attention, and he watched with interest.

"Mightyena get as far away from that hole and use Double Team again!" Ere said. The Mightyena doubled the amount of clones. He took a glimpse of his right and saw a merchant watching his battle. "A merchant in the middle of Littleroot Town? How entertaining this shall be with the knowledge of a crowd," Ere thought. "Now Mighty - Kyle, two evolutions? How delightful," he was pointing over to the Rockruff who was shining the same white color as Kyle's Litten when it evolved.

"Rockruff?" asked Kyle, as he saw what happened to Rockruff. It evolved into Midday Form Lycanroc! "Lycanroc, all right! Now, use that new move you learned: Accelrock!" Lycanroc charged at Mightyena with newfound speed! Battling Ere really paid off!

The blast hit Mightyena before Ere could say 'hi'. The Mightyena fell to the ground, weak and unable to battle. "Mightyena! Return! Kyle, you did well. Congratulations and those rare candies I gave you earlier should be used on Treecko." Ere said. "To Petalburg? You can challenge the Gym there, and your Torracat might evolve into Incineroar soon." Ere grabbed his bike.

"Umm," said Kyle, "Petalburg sounds fine! Plus, the gym there will be a great opportunity to train Treecko!" He fed Treecko the rare candies, and then he turned to Ere. "All right, then! Let's go to Petalburg!"

The journey to Petalburg was breathtaking -something about the plain beauty was magnificent.
"Kyle! Over there, I heard something!" Ere said, pointing to the west. There stood a towering Golurk spreading chaos. "Kyle watch out!" There was a crack in the ground heading towards Kyle so Ere pushed Kyle out of the way and fell down the hole. "Charizard come out and fly me out!" Ere screamed before falling into the abyss.

"Ere!" Kyle shouted, as Charizard barely helped him out of the abyss. "Treecko, Marshtomp, I choose you!" he shouted. The two Pokemon came out of their PokeBalls, ready to fight. "Marshtomp, use Water Pulse, and Treecko, use Absorb!" The two unleashed their moves on the rampaging Golurk.

Ere managed to get out of the abyss. "Thanks Charizard! Now use Dragon Claw on that Golurk!" Ere said. He then sent out Decidueye and Blastoise. "Decidueye use Leaf Blade and use Water Pulse Blastoise!...Wait a minute...there's a Tyrantrum??"

Things were getting bad. Other Pokemon were joining their little skirmish, so Kyle decided to send out Lycanroc, Torracat, Raichu, and Vikavolt as well. His whole team would do better than just Marshtomp and Treecko, whose hits hit Golurk square on. Suddenly, Treecko shone with a bright light and became a Grovyle! The rare candies really worked! Now that it had more power, Kyle sent Grovyle and everyone else to use their moves on Golurk and Tyrantrum. "Grovyle, use Mega Drain, Lycanroc use Accelrock, andTorracat use Fire Fang on Golurk! Marshtomp, use Mud Bomb, Raichu use Psychic, and Vikavolt use Thunder on Tyrantrum!"

"DON'T USE VIKAVOLT!! It strengthens both the rock types!....Get outta the way, its using stone edge!" Ere again pushed Kyle out the way again and tried to push back the stone edge, resulting in Decidueye intercepting it. "Now, Come out everyone and use any move!"

"You really got to stop pushing me out of the way!" groaned Kyle, getting up after his Pokemon damaged the two Rock types. "Everyone!" he shouted to his pokemon, "help Ere's Pokemon and send that Stone Edge back to its senders!" With enough strength, the move was blasted back to Golurk and Tyrantrum, damaging them once more.

"....But I actually enjoy getting hurt! Anyways, the stones! They want them! So just put them down on the floor!" Ere said. He put down his stone and trainer card, "Your turn!"

"Right!" said Kyle, laying down his Trainer card and his stone. "So, now what, they just go away and leave us alone? I was a little occupied the last time we did this with trying to stop Ariados, so..."

The stones bolted up and the two Pokemon had disappeared. Instead, two Pokeballs stood in place and a godly voice came from the sky.
"Prepare for me!" It said then disappeared.
"Why? Why should we prepare for you? Are you going to challenge us Rayquaza?" He said while taking Golurk. "Kyle, are you ok?"

"I guess," he said as he picked up Tyrantrum's PokeBall. "Well, that was odd." They continued on to the Petalburg City, where they healed their Pokemon and went to the Pokemon Gym. "Ere, I know I'll be challenging the gym, but will you?"

"I have already been champion of this region. So, no. However, I will be watching," Ere said. He said that sadly and sent out Decidueye. "You can only see Decidueye if you have seen death. Of humans, plants and Pokemon. I have witnessed death many times. Can you see Decidueye?"

"Well, shall we continue?" Ere said while looking at the ground. Like a true gentlemen, he held the door open for Kyle. The breathtaking beauty of the place was splendid. "Nice place to have been attacked," grumbled Ere under his breath. He was acting odd recently...