• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Trainer RP

As Kyle walked into the gym, the leader, Norman, approached him. "Hello, Trainer. Are you here to challenge the gym?"
Kyle nodded. "Yes! Can I battle you now, please?"
Norman laughed. "Of course you can! Come, follow me!"
Kyle was led to the arena where he stood opposite Norman.
"This'll be a three-on-three battle!" said the referee. "Only the Trainer can use substitutions, and once any Pokemon has been knocked out, they will be eliminated from this battle. All right! Battle.... begin!"

Ere sat in the corner of the little podium he was watching from. He looked generally depressed. What if I end up disappointing... him... thought Ere. He watched as the referee announced the rules.

As Norman called out his first Pokemon, Slakoth, Kyle decided he would need a Pokemon that would not hold back any power. "Vikavolt, I choose you!" Kyle shouted.
The battle started off with Slakoth using Tackle, but Vikavolt dodged the move and used Thunderbolt on him, and then waited for an attack to come, but it didn't. Kyle recognized it as Slakoth's ability, Truant! This gave Kyle the opportunity to use Volt Tackle on Slakoth, who flew back in the air and now, able to use a move once again, used Yawn, hitting Vikavolt straight on! Vikavolt started to get a little drowsy, but it still managed to land an X-Scissor on Slakoth, slamming it to the ground and knocking it out.
"Slakoth is unable to battle, which means Vikavolt is the winner!"
As Norman sent out his second Pokemon, Vigoroth, Kyle noticed Vikavolt suddenly falling asleep as it fell to the floor! Norman flashed a smile, and then commanded Vigoroth to use a barrage of Chip Away, which significantly dropped the sleeping Pokemon's health! Vikovolt finally awoke and used Volt Tackle on Vigoroth, and Vigoroth met the attack with Take Down. The two moves collided, and both Pokemon took damage. But...
"Vikavolt is unable to battle, which means the winner is Vigoroth!"

Ere watched silently. He was observing the two trainers. Finally he said:
"Kyle send out Marshtomp and use ground type moves. Trust me." he said.
He was very, very silent afterwards which was strange..

Kyle did want to send out one of his faster Pokemon, like Grovyle or Lycanroc, to match Vigorish's speed, but he decided to use Marshtomp. He had a plan.
Vigoroth came at Marshtomp with Revenge, but Marshtomp jumped in the air just in time and used Mud Shot, blinding Vigoroth. Then it used Mud Bomb and blasted Vigoroth in the air, finishing the combo up with Take Down, slamming Norman's Pokemon to the ground! However, it got up and used Take Down on the aerial Marshtomp, hitting it to the ground. Marshtomp,being resilient, got up and blasted Vigoroth with a barrage of Mud Bombs, blasting it away.
"Vigoroth is unable to battle, which means the winner is Marshtomp!"

"Kyle. He is going to use Slakoth, but send out your Torracat," Ere said. He was watching every moves and Norman was one of his opponent. He was one of the Kanto elite four.

Last edited:
(You mean Slaking, right?)
"Marshtomp, return!" exclaimed Kyle. "Torracat, let's go!" Norman let out his final Pokemon, Slaking. This was supposed to be his strongest Pokemon, so Kyle had to be extra careful for this Pokemon. Torracat started the battle off by using Fire Fang, which Slaking dodged, and then it used Hammer Arm, striking Torracat with a strong force. Torracat got up despite that and used Flamethrower, blasting the Slaking, who couldn't move and dodge due to its ability, Truant. Torracat increased the power of the attack, but now, Slaking could move. It used Close Combat on Torracat, who jumped in the air and dodged. Despite that, Slaking used its attack on the airborne cat Pokemon, damaging it badly. While it was experiencing its ability Truant, Kyle switched out Torracat to use Marshtomp. Marshtomp used Mud Shot to blind Slaking, but Slaking jumped over it and used Retaliate on Marshtomp, sending it flying. As Marshtomp was flying in the air and fell to the ground, Slaking experienced its Truant and got over it. As soon as Marshtomp got up, Slaking was charging at it with Close Combat. Marshtomp flew backwards and was knocked out.
"Marshtomp is unable to battle, which means the winner is Slaking!"
This was it. Torracat had to beat Slaking, but it was really tired from Hammer Arm and Close Combat. But it had to fight!
As soon as Torracat was sent in, Slaking went through Truant, which gave Torracat to use Fire Fang on it. It worked, but the ability wore off and Slaking knocked Torracat off with Hammer Arm. It fell to the ground.
As soon as Torracat stood up, it shone a light. It was evolving! Torracat became Incineroar, and now, Kyle was sure he'd win! Incineroar was as muscular and strong as a pro wrestler, and it probably was fast, too!
Incineroar used Flamethrower on Slaking, damaging it. Then, Slaking leaped at it with Retaliate, but Incineroar swiftly dodged and used its new move: Darkest Lariat. It knocked Slaking into the wall, knocking it out.
"Slaking is unable to battle, which means the winner is Incineroar, and the victory goes to Kyle!"
As Norman walked over to Kyle, he handed him the Balance Badge. "That was an excellent battle," he said. "I look forward to seeing more of you and your Pokemon."
Kyle smiled. "Thanks! Where should I head next for my next gym challenge?"
Norman thought for a second, and then responded, "Normally, I'd suggest Rustboro City, but Petalburg Forest is off limits right now, so... Dewford Town is your best bet! You can take a ferry there after asking Mr. Briney, who lives right outside of the Petalburg Forest."
Kyle laughed. "Dewford Town, here we come!"

Merc smiled as the trainers made their way out of town, then when they were out of sight, he reached into his coat and pulled out a great ball. Tossing it into the air, he called out his Hydreigon, who swooped down, allowing it's master to hop onto it's back. "This is agent Merc." he said, pressing a button on his earpiece and activating a hidden microphone. "I'm sending you the data of the trainers who were invited to Hoenn. Then I'll begin my hunt. With that, he took a separate route toward Slateport city.

"Kyle, nice Incineroar let's go! I'm going to fly on my Charizard, wanna hop on?" Ere said. He was obviously happier that the gym battle was over. His Charizard roared happily that it was having some attention and Ere was happy that the Charizard was happy.

"Sure!" said Kyle, excited to ride Charizard for the first time. "Let me just heal my Pokemon up first." As he left the Pokemon Center about half an hour later, he approached Ere. "All right, I'm ready!"

(I have football/soccer practice to go to right now. I'll be back soon!)

(Alright. I understand. It's about 10pm here)
He mounted Charizard as if he were a professional.
"Charizard spread your wings. Kyle, just sit in front of the wings and hang on tight. I'm not a professional and Charizard doesn't like saddles so it might be a rough journey," said Ere. The journey was actually relaxing and was much quicker.
"Charizard land by the lake! Kyle, are you hungry? I have a couple of Pokepuffs in backpack and I can make you some more Pokepuffs and some tea."

"I guess I can eat," said Kyle as Charizard stopped at the lake. "This clearing here by the lake looks like a good place to relax a bit, eat, and possibly train before I challenge the Dewford Gym." He called out all his Pokemon as they settled down, and he had them spar with one another until PokePuffs and tea was ready.

Ere tried his hardest at making each individual snack. He was almost as determined as he was in that battle.
"Kyle, I've finished making food and I found a blanket in my backpack so I'll lay it out," Ere said. He laid out the the food, and put a little Shinx figure in the middle.
"These figures used to be in little packages from our local restaurant. It was one of the last one ever made. Well enjoy your meal." He sat and poured tea for both Kyle and him.

"Thanks!" exclaimed Kyle as he called his Pokemon over to taste what Ere had prepared. The PokePuffs were absolutely incredible! It looked like Kyle's Pokemon liked them as well. After they had finished eating, Kyle hopped up and said, "I am absolutely stuffed! That meal showed that you put your heart and soul into the preparation of lunch! Now, Dewford Town doesn't look to far away! We are awfully close to the sea, so about a quarter of an hour to a half-hour flight will get us there!" he said as he pulled out his map.

"Well we can take Charizard there, and if Charizard flies at its maximum speed, which is very fast indeed, we can get there in at least twenty minutes. And thanks, I used to work as a butler for an important duke. He died so I decided to seek adventure and here I am," said Ere, looking as happy as ever despite death being involved. He hopped on his Charizard ready to go as fast as ever.
(This is my last one. It's 2:43 and I'm terribly busy. Farewell.)

Kyle thought about what Ere said about the duke he worked for and realized that that was how he was able to see Decidueye. Kyle shuddered as he remembered what had happened back in Alola, the earthquake, his parents screaming for help, not being able to save them.... He pushed the depressing thought aside and focused on the journey ahead of him.

Ere looked at his watch.
"It seems that we are running out of time. Hop on," said Ere. He then shuddered. "We'd better get going, there seems to be an earthquake. ....Like the one in Alola," said Ere.
He beckoned Charizard to spread his wing.

Name:Kevin
Special Characteristics:Very Camo (Easy To Hide In Shadows) Sings To The Moon Light
Appearance:Wearing All Black Clothing Shorts and short shirt

Region(s):Unknown
Team :Cuebone Zubat Trevenant Laparus Gengar egg (Magikarp)
Likes and Dislikes: Singing Music
Other Pokemon:unknown Cofagrigus

Last edited:
Name: Solora
Special Characteristics: Snarky, Sassy, Stubborn, and Sarcastic
Appearance:Long hot pink hair. She wears a black baseball cap backwards on her head. She has a short white blouse dress and pink converse. Her eyes are orange and she has freckles across her nose.

Region(s): Kanto, Kalos
Team: Shiny Magnezone, Blue Floette, and small Pumpkaboo
Likes and Dislikes:the letter S, and HATES brushing or putting her hair up
Other Pokemon: Linoone

Rp:
Solora saw the trainer taking off and ran towards him. "WAIT!" she called. She rushed up to him out of breath. "Can I- (breathes) ride with you?" she asked.

The earthquake seemed to get stronger as Kyle and Ere flew higher in the air. Kyle shuddered. Any good memory he had at the moment was replaced by gruesome thoughts of his dying family..... "Let's head to Dewford Town as quick as possible!" he exclaimed. The sooner he got out of here, the better.

"Ummmmmmmm, boy.....there is nothing funny here..... I don't know what you are laughing about. I am good." she pulled out 3 Pokeball's and sent them into the air. Her Magnezone, Floette, and Pumpkaboo came out and swarmed around Kevin.

"what i need to do is get out of here before the earthquake hits harder " Kevin Sent Laparas out of his ultra ball and jumps on its shell
"You Can Join Me If you Like"

Name: Koa
Special Characteristics: Quick, Loyal To Pokemon, Confident, Funny
Team: Umbreon, Serperior, Riolu, Luxio, Staraptor, Houndoom
Region(s):Kalos,Alola,Johto,Unova,Hoenn (Birth-Region: Alola)
Dislikes: Team Swag, Evil, Rival.
Other Pokemon: Pidgeotto, Joltik, RockRuff, Infernape, Metapod, Spinarak, Egg

Last edited by a moderator:
as the lapars surfed the earthquake shaked all the land...and sea knocking kevin off the shell of his lapars
"oh come on " he muttered as he climbed back on the lapars

Solora laughed. She held on to him so he didn't slip off again. The lapras continued. her pumpkaboo came out of it's pokeball and floated away to the land.
"Pumpkaboo! Come Back!" solora called. A few minutes later it came back with a small Starly holding onto it. "Pumpkaboo did you really go back to get that starly......?"
"Star-Starly....." the starly said weakly.

"Oh Poor Thing Its wing seems broken" he said Kevin took off his shirt ripped off the sleeve and put it around the Starlys wing
"It should be fine if it stays still im glad i took that emergency medical class" he picked up the Starly and put it against laparas neck so it would stay steady then he put back on whatever part of the shirt he had left

Solora looked at the Starly and then Pumpkaboo. "That's weird. Pumpkaboo usually never cares about other Pokemon. Pumpkaboo is usually very shy." I wonder why it saved that Starly.... Solora thought. Pumpkaboo moved next to the Starly.
"Pump-Pumkaboo!" it said and snuggled up next to the Starly.

(OKay! bye-bye!) "Do you think I should catch the Starly?" she asked quietly.
"Pumpka-booo-boo!" Pumpkaboo zoomewd into the air and grabbed a pokeball out of Solora's belt. It threw the Pokeball at the Starly. It hit the starly and shook once....twice....three times...... *BLING!*
"Okay....I was asking Kevin not you but okay....... I guess I have a starly now.

Dewford city was always a bumbling place. There were many trainers and many different Pokemon but one caught Ere's eye.
"Over there's an injured Togepi and an egg, it looks like the Houndoom is attacking it!" He beckoned Charizard to fly off. "Luxray, use Thunder Fang, Charizard use Draco Meteor!"

Koa runs over to the Togepi with an egg, and immediately returns Houndoom to a Pokeball. "Houndoom, no! Bad!" He shouts at the Pokeball. "Guess you still need dog-training to behave." He stares at the Pokeball. "I'm sorry, Houndoom's not trained very well." He said to Ere.

"I'm sorry, my Houndoom isn't trained very well, I captured him only a few days ago." He says apoligetically. He puts Houndoom's Pokeball on his belt, hooking it next to the other Pokeballs.

"That's okay," he responded as he headed over to the Togepi and the egg. "Here we go!" He lifted up the Pokemon and the egg and walked to the Pokemon Center. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"Alright!" He throws a Pokeball, the button dinging, and energy shooting out of it, the energy materializing into a Staraptor. He hops onto it's back. "Come on! We'll get there faster this way!" He shouts.