• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The World's Longest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
As long as we need to Ninjacupcakes. As long as we need to.

And yes Zekrom. Desolation of Smaug was amazing! ♥ I could go on, but I don't want to ramble off all of the epic spoilers for those who haven't seen the movie. Having read the book doesn't exempt from spoilers either because of all the new content added to tie in with LotR.

Oh yes, there's lots! I recognized many things from the book, but they made many changes and added things in, and yet I was not disappointed; instead, I was thrilled! It was definitely better than the first Hobbit movie, and was also much more fast-paced. And while some have a problem with the ending, I liked where it ended. When splitting a book into two(or three) movies, the endings for the first part(or first two parts) are going to be abrupt, and not necessarily happy. It will, of course, not have a sense of closure, either, so I have have no problem with how it ended. And, as I've read the book, I do know where this is all headed, and what the third movie, in general, will be about, although the extra stuff added in may change the course of events considerably. I cannot wait for the next one! (Which I believe is called "There And Back Again," unless I'm mistaken?)

Psycho Monkey

I'm pretty sure you're right about the title. I also agree that the ending of the movie was the best sequel hook they could have gone for. It would be like season finale of a TV show. You have this impending cliffhanger that has you clambering to see what happens next.

We all need to get together and have a huge Lord of the Rings thing. We would have so much fun with that... Loads of pizza and good movies. Who could ask for more?
Well besides for the addition of the final hobbit movie... But ya know Life.

While that would be tons of fun, you'd have to deal with the fact that I would have a harder time keeping up, as I'm just now reading the books. However, the movies I've seen many times(exempting the newest one, which I've only seen once), so anything that happened in it, I would be able to remember very well for conversation. I'm still working on all the names, but I've gotten much better with that recently. I even remember the names of all the dwarves in Bilbo's company! :D

Psycho Monkey

You realize that is 18 hours of movie watching? (Included in that calculation is the third Hobbit movie) You might want to supply tea and cookies with that pizza too Jada.

Noo noo noo Movie watching Zekrom Movie watching. But nerding out would be cool too.(During the breaks)
And as to tea and cookies... I think I can provide that along with home made fudge and probably many pots of coffee for me(anyone else who drinks that stuff) and popcorn. Popcorn is a must for this stuff.

Also I know that's roughly 18hrs of movie time... But I never said it was to all be done in one continuous sitting... We have to have breaks or we would morph into the couch.

That was my whole thought process too!! I didn't think it would be smart to just melt into the couch.... But then again one of my girl friends has the Lord of the Rings video game... So whenever I head over to her place that is what we do after watching at least one of the movies.

(Also happy early almost Christmas Eve~)

Hmm...I don't have any LotR video games...

Ever since I played the video game for Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire, I've pretty much avoided buying any games based off of movies. Are LotR video games good, though?

Yes, to all of this.

The LotR video game you're not playing as the characters from the movie, but as a group of people following in the foot steps of that one. Each of the characters are wonderfully thought out so I enjoy just sitting and playing it for hours on end.

You should totally watch the movies!! they are amazing.(But my opinion is bias so dont take to much from it)

In other news my house smells like cookies and fudge. And I have lost track of how many souls I have... I hope none fell into the cookie dough... That would make for some poor tasting cookies and a dead/zombiefied person...

Psycho Monkey

My mom really should know better than to ask me and my brother to wrap presents. First of all, my wrapping job sucks on itself. But mainly when you get me and my brother in a room together all of the tags are going to have something snarky written on them. XD

(To Lonely Housewife From the Mailman) (To the Hardworking Father From the Good Son) (To You From Me) etc.

Oh, my wrapping is atrocious. My mother would rather have one of my younger sisters help then me. :p

Also, Jada, now we know who started the zombie apocalypse! I told you those souls needed to be more secure!

Side note: Out of randomness's sake, here is a visual representation of one of the biggest "What if?"'s of my childhood:

Christmas-Burglar.jpg

Last edited:
Well Zekrom all the souls I Like are secure. It was just the rif raf that people kept giving me that I lost track of. *laughs awkwardly* No need to worry I'm sure it was only a few that could have been cookiefied.

And that picture makes me confused. I don't know what to think anymore.

What?! I dont have my own soul in a jar. It is safely tucked away where no one can find it.(Even myself)
And I'm pretty sure no one added souls to the cookies... but I can double check if it makes you feel better.

Merry Christmas!

(When I said about a zombie Jada, I meant don't let one of the zombies in the cookie dough bite you or something.That would not be a very Merry Christmas.)

@Wild Jr. Nope~ I know where that goes and am not silly enough to click it~

And okay Zekrom, I'm sure the zombies are pretty much de-cookiefied(and the should have thier souls put back in their jars) now so no more worries about a mass zombie apocalypse for now okay~

I got Pokemon Y, a Kindle Paper White, $90 of Amazon gift cards(Most of it already spent on books), The Fall of Five and Allegiant (both books), a pair of gloves, and an electric razor. Awesome haul!

Psycho Monkey

What is the psychological word for wanting something you can't have? With my PS3 b0rked I'm suddenly getting the urge to play every game I own all at once! @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.