• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Mixed World

"ok. I'll pinpoint her location for you." Vian said, taking a deep breath as his tentacles began to glow. "Special Weapon! Echolocater! " The octoling shouted, raising his hand and activating the special, and a glowing red line shooting into the darkness. "I can't hold this long, so h-hurry up!"
Teal jolted in surprise, a red line connecting to her body. "V-Vian?" She thought, hopeful. She bit down on Susie's hand, causing her to roar and let go. Teal took this chance to snatch away her headset, and run, the line tracking her movement from the surface.

"Okay, I can fight well enough without my weapon. I better be seeing you back alive though, or I am going to visit whatever afterlife you believe in and I will beat you back to the world of the living." Dingodile threatened as his voice echoed in his fuel tank. He pulled his head out and sighed. "Welp, she's ready to use water instead of fire. Just need to find some. We'll wait until you return with Teal, leave your communicator here though. When you find Teal, we can communicate through her headset. Hurry though, who knows what's down there with Teal and Vian can't hold that fancy thread of fate for long."

"Hey, it isn't a thread of fate, it's a special weapon- AUGH!" Only about 8 seconds had passed, and the line was wavering and fading . "H-HURRY UP, I C-CAN'T HOLD THIS ANY LONGER!" Vian shouted, struggling to keep the Echolocater on. He began to lean forward, which wasn't good considering he was on the edge. He took a few shaky steps back, tears of pain forming in his eyes. "T-Teal....we're c-coming...." He said quietly .

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
“I’ll be going. Good luck!” Gunvolt said, putting down Gold’s headset before dash-jumping into the abyss below. He tried to keep himself aligned with the red line, and fell quite the distance before deploying his Flashfield. His fall was slowed considerably, and he made it to the ground safely. Keeping his Flashfield up to light up the area, he began walking towards the red line, which was just a bit further away.

“GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE ***T!” Susie roared, chasing after Teal. Teal noticed another light, and slowed down a bit. “I thought only Gold made light....is that Dingodile’s friend?” She wondered. Gold circled around Susie, glowing as bright as he could. “HEY, STAY AWAY FROM ME, I COMMAND YOU!” She yelled, trying to swat him away, but you can’t really touch a ghost. Teal took this chance to run in Gunvolt’s direction, Gold rushing after her. “YOUR DEAD FREAK!” Susie shouted, following after them, but the two were much faster.

"Good luck down there!" Dingodile encouraged Gunvolt and picked up the headset, which was way too small for him. If only he didn't have such a big head. "Vian, sit down and do me a favour. Keep me updated, my head doesn't fit." He said as he tossed the headset to Vian, landing right next to him. "I'll keep watch, don't worry about enemies. I am six foot, a combination of a dingo and a crocodile and wield a flamethrower. I'd say I have the intimidation part down." He barked out a laugh as his eyes looked around.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt saw Teal in the distance, it looked like she was alright! He moved the electricity from his Flashfield to his left hand and rushed over to her. “Teal, you alright? What did you find?” He asked, not being able to see Susie a bit further away.

Vian whimpered quietly, the line from the Echolocater fading away as he collapsed. “Me...Meu....” [ungh....ow......] The octoling said in his language, trying to catch his breath. He wasn’t used to holding any special weapon for long amounts of time.
“Woo...woomy.....squilch......” [she’s....coming....run.....] Teal managed to say. Talking so much caught up to her, and it was starting to hurt her. She weakly pointed in Susie’s direction.

"You okay Vian? Don't overexert yourself." Dingodile asked as he kneeled down to Vian's height. "Don't be afraid to take it easy for a while. I'm here and I will do my best to keep you all safe." He flashed a toothy grin, although there was a twinge of regret due to Gold's death. He should have protected him, like he promised.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt didn’t understand a thing, but he assumed Teal was fleeing from something. “Okay then, let’s get outta here.” He said, before picking Teal up in his arms. “Did you find a way out? I’m not sure if I can wall-kick all the way up.” He asked.

Vian made an octoling noise, rolling onto his side. He shut his eyes, falling asleep. He was extremely tired.
————
“Huh. I don’t think so.” Mugman said, shaking his head. “I mean, they must be on high alert at the moment.” He said, and Cuphead laughed. “So? Lets just rush ‘em!” He cheered, pulling his straw out and morphing it into an axe. “Its not a good plan, we should wait!” The brothers began arguing again, it happened a lot.
————
Susie got closer, her eyes glowing through the darkness. Teal whimpered, hugging Gunvolt and burying her face in his chest, beginning to cry just from fear. Susie pulled out her axe, its glow lighting up her body. “HEHEHEH.....FOUND YOU!” She roared, causing Teal to freeze.

Dingodile let out a content sigh and stood back up, keeping watch. He would keep them safe this time, he had to. Gold already died because he didn't pay attention, he was not adding more names to that list.

-------------------

"Mugman has got a point, I sliced the gas pipe of that flamethrower but the chance of traps is there. Maybe we should try to get some more entities on our side before we blitz them. The early bird gets the worm of course, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Vega said as he mulled over the comments on his plan. "Did any of you see someone who was not alligned with those freaks? If not, I can go on a scouting mission. Just, try to not destroy the base whilst I'm gone. Okay?" The Spanish ninja asked, slightly afraid of what he'd see once he'd come back.

The brothers nodded, still glaring at each other.
—————
Vian stayed quiet, sleeping peacefully. Occasionally his ear would twitch towards a noise, or he would say something in his own language, but seemed calm.
—————
Susie began to get closer, and Teal held onto Gunvolt tighter. “Heh. SCARED? YOU SHOULD BE, AS I’M GONNA BITE YOUR FACE OFF.” Susie growled, and Teal let out a wail of fear.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt took a step back as he shifted Teal over to his left arm and took out his gun with his free hand. “You there, what do you want with her?! He asked, ready to fire.

The foe seemed to be an axe user, so he would be able to keep his distance and attack if it ever came to it. He hoped that wouldn’t happen, but he had to make a plan if the reptilian monster attacked.

“Nothing. I told her I wouldn’t hurt her. But she made me MAD. AND YOUR STARTING TO ANNOY ME.” Susie bared her teeth. “Now. As I was trying to do, I needed help getting out of here. And that kid was the only option.” Susie said, but she wasn’t growling this time.

Vega took the welcome excuse to leave the base, letting out a sigh of relief once outside. "Unbelievable, I knew brothers usually didn't get along but this is demente!" He muttered before entering the forest to find his targets, though it shouldn't be too hard to find them. If anything, he'd smell them. After a while of jumping from tree to tree, he found Dingodile keeping watch and a different squid kid sleeping. The perfect time to kill them, if he could get to them without alerting Dingodile that is.

Vega's eyes were drawn to the cliff, he could get a nice surprise attack from that if someone got close to him. Jumping on the ground a fair distance away and making sure the wind was in his favor, he began to crawl towards the cliff edge and climbed down, using his claw as a way to stay attached to the wall. It wasn't very safe, but he wasn't a ninja for nothing. He looked down to see if he could see the floor, but that was not possible. Though there appeared to be some very faint lights down there, which intruiged the masked matador. Slowly climbing further into the darkness, he was hellbent on discovering the sources of that light. Killing the resistance would be a nice bonus, but he was looking for people to recruit and this might be the opportunity to do both.

Susie glared at Gunvolt. “Now. Who are YOU freaks?” She asked, lowering her axe slightly. “Sqeee!” [We aren’t freaks!] Teal shouted. Susie turned her attention on the squid, causing Teal to hide her face again with another whimper.

Climbing down further, Vega heard some voices. And one of them sounded familiar, a bit too familiar actually. That squid kid was down here, and if he was lucky he could finish the job! Bloodthirst surged through his veins as he climbed down until he felt solid rock beneath his feet, urging him to crouch and move forward towards the group. He'd wait before introducting himself, as by the looks of it that electricity guy was down here too. 'Of course, why wouldn't he?' He thought as he hid behind a large rock.

Susie heard movement, looking around. “Who’s there? Did another one of these weaklings fall down?” She asked, and Teal shrugged. “Woomy, squirr-Beecheh!” [Did another one fall down? I don’t think Vian or Dingodile could’ve fell, we’d hear them] She said. “Can someone translate what the ***k she’s sayin’?” Susie asked.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Gunvolt barely heard the sound, and hadn’t thought much about it until Susie mentioned it. Was there someone else hiding? He thought. “I don’t know what she’s saying either. You sure you heard someone moving?” He asked.

"YEAH, YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?" Susie growled. Teal copied her, growling back. This threw Susie off guard, surprised. " Heh, glad to be a good influence on the kid at least. " She joked, and Teal smiled a slight bit.

Vega stood upright, the light of Gunvolt's Flashfield illuminating him. "A weakling is not a term that I'd use to refer to myself. I'd use it to refer to that squid girl, but the fact that she is still alive would prove me wrong. Ah, but where are my manners? My name is Vega. Matador, ninja and cage fighter. Squid girl and Spark Plug had the honor of meeting me earlier under...questionable circumstances, but I am not here to finish that job. My comrades saw someone with purple skin wander around and wanted to speak with them, and it appears that I found them." It was a lie of course, but no one would try to check it. That would mean fighting, and the area they were in wasn't exactly prime fighting material.

He turned to face Susie and bowed for a second. "I so happened to overhear your problem, and I believe that I can help you. I can get you out of here and allow you to join a group that my comrades and I are in. We don't care about race, gender, nationality or your past. If you join us you start with a blank slate, you have a lot of freedom to do whatever you want. There are but two rules. Do not sell us out and come to our aid when we need you. If you do, we will come to your aid. Comprende?" Allowing Susie to think over the offer, he faced Gunvolt and Teal.

"Ah, my old friends." He chuckled as the obvious sarcasm dripped from his words. "Let's look at this situation. I am outnumbered and you two are stuck here, so I am willing to make a temporary truce. I will get you out and neither of you will sell me out. I can't fight when getting you out of here, but I can drop you if you betray me. Our new friend will be freed first and then you two will be freed." He leaned forward and whispered in Gunvolt's ear. "Remember, I might be a villain but I do not lie. So when I promise to cut you to ribbons, expect me to."

Vega took a step back and stared Gunvolt in the eyes. "Tell me, what is it going to be Light Bulb?"

"W....Why should w-we trust you...?" Teal choked out, wincing. Susie stood there a bit, thinking. " look pal. I just wanna get home. I don't care about that freedom crap. " Teal glanced at her, and Susie noticed all of her bandages for the first time. "Gee kid, how'd you get those?" She asked, and Teal pointed at Vega.

"I am the best shot you have right now, you little runt. Either roam in this dark abyss until you die or swallow your pride and accept the only time I might help you." Vega hissed at Teal, before turning to Susie and donning the mask of a gentleman. "Sadly I can't help you with that, or else I would have left myself a long time ago. I can however offer you a home away from home if you want to call it that." When Teal pointed at him, his eyebrow twitched. "I was ordered to attack her, either she was to suffer or I was to die. I did my best to keep her alive, which by the looks of it means I did a pretty good job. I have made many mistakes over the course of my life, but no one bats an eye at them in my group. If any of you did something you are ashamed of, some peace of mind is able to be found once you say the word 'Yes'."

Teal whimpered, clinging to Gunvolt tighter. “...Look. I’m not some evil monster like this child seems to think of you. I don’t want to be in a group about ‘acceptance’ and ‘past mistakes’. You just said this child had to suffer, which means, someone in your group ordered you to. I already have been forgiven for my mistakes. Why should I join you?” Susie asked, stepping closer as her grip on her axe increased.

Vega licked his lips. "My, so hasty with assumptions. Look around for a moment, none of us look alike and I know that there are some other people or creatures out there. Would it really be so far of a stretch to imagine that the one who ordered/forced me to attack Calamari here is a threat not just to you, but also to me? I am a lot of things, but I am no coward who sides with someone who forces me to attack children. If you don't want to join, fine by me. I'll just leave you all and be on my merry way but you'll have two issues. One, you need to escape from here. And two, if you decide to join these guys, you'll have some competition. There is another monster up there and from my experience, he dislikes pretty much anyone who even gets close to the kid. Unless you want to get attacked, I'd say side with me." There was no lie in his story, Cuphead asked him to attack Teal instead of ordering him and he certainly wasn't a coward.

"Your choice, but don't make it your loss." Vega added.

Susie looked over at Teal. “Well, if he gets mad when people get near the kid, I can tell why. She looks half-dead. But that other dude holding her doesn’t seem hurt.” Susie pointed out. Teal pulled out a Splat Bomb suddenly, and threw it at Vega full force.

"He seems to be -ARGH!" Vega flinched as the Splat Bomb exploded on his white shirt. "Hey! Do you know how long that will take to get out? I don't see any washing machines here either!" He snapped at Teal before facing Susie again, his anger falling right off of him. "That's because he didn't mess with the girl. I suppose he won the creature's trust but I don't think that it will end well for you if you come out of this chasm with the kid right next to you. With her injuries, he became even more protective of her and someone climbing out of a chasm with an axe? That wouldn't make for a good first impression, now would it?"

Vega slowly became more and more annoyed by this situation, the squid and electricity user could very screw up his plan once they get that Dingodile in the mix. He had to convince Susie to join them soon.

Teal stuck her tongue out at Vega, snickering a bit. Susie turned to look at her, and she put on a scared look, like she did nothing. Susie turned back to Vega. “She...didn’t do anything.” She said, and Teal stifled a laugh, grinning at Vega as she pulled another bomb out.

"Nice try, but I know that human uses electricity and that attack came from behind. You know the reason behind those scars, and I'd bet my life to say she still hates my guts so much that she'd love to see them spread out on the floor." Vega said as he glanced behind towards Teal. "If what you said is true, then there should be a third person behind me with ink or paint powers and the only one I see is that squid kid. So tough luck niña, but your ruse failed. Now as I recall, you didn't answer my question. Don't let this get ugly, a fight down here would kill all of us and it would be incredibly rude. Not that you weren't rude by not introducting yourself when I did, but that is not the point I am trying to make here."

Vian woke up, having an idea. “DINGODILE! I NEED A FAVOR!” He yelled, running over to him and grabbing his arm. “Can you pick me up real quick?! I have a way to get us down there to help!”
——————
“I’m....I’m Susie. Thats all I’m telling you. Now. Why do you need me in your group anyway?”

Dingodile turned around. "Sure, wonder what you're up to." He picked Vian up and grinned. "Okay mastermind, now what? Do I need to throw you down or something?"

--------------------

"Ever heard of strength in numbers, Susie? My group consists of three people right now, myself included. Now, I am incredibly agile and fast but I am no good when it comes to taking blows. The two people who saw you were impressed by your physique and I must say, I am impressed too." Vega said as his mask hid a scowl. Impressed? Well certainly not by your looks, you only beat Dingodile by a sliver. Hiding that thought away, he continued talking. "As far as I can tell, you are alone in a hostile environment. We have shelter and a safe place to rest, whilst the group these two belong to have to resort to camping and shifting guard duty. If you want to go wild and fight, there are sparring matches we could organise. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to sleep in a chasm or outside when rescued after said chasm."

“No. But I do have another special weapon I can use. I have something called the Inkjet. I strap it onto by back, and ink shoots out. IT CAN LOWER US DOWN!” He happily cheered.
——————
“Hmm....let me think a moment. We’re all stuck here anyway.” Susie said, leaning against a wall.

"Woah, even me? I am wayyy heavier than you! I don't know what measurement for weight you guys use, but I weigh like atleast 4 Vians." Dingodile exclaimed, a bit nervous. He didn't like to admit it, but he hated heights. "This is perfectly safe right?"

---------------

"Take your time, I don't mind. Gotta get you all to the surface anyway." Vega said, a smug smile on his face as he leaned against a wall himself. "No more paint bombs Squid Girl, you hear me?" He glared at Teal and the underlying message was clear. Do it again and I will finish the job.

“It’ll be fine! As long as I hold onto you!” Vian hugged onto him to further show who point. “It should be safe! I could probably lift half of your weight if I tried, I’m really strong! And the Inkjet will help!”
—————
Teal threw the Splat Bomb at him anyway. “You surely don’t mean me?” She said, snickering.

"Ehhhhh, I hope one of you knows how to heal broken bones." Dingodile said with a shaky voice. "Let's get this over with." He sighed as he made sure that Vian was secure.

--------------------

The Splat Bomb exploded in Vega's face, covering his mask with paint. "I surely do mean you. Not only was that stunt dangerous due to sharpnel, you also didn't even try to hide the fact that it was you." Animosity drenched his voice but he didn't attack, and he was sure that Teal knew that. "You only reinforce the fact that I hate children, congratulations. Do you want a lollipop now?"

Vian’s tentacles began glowing again. “Special Weapon! Inkjet!” He shouted out, shutting his eyes. The jetpack-like object appeared on his back, shooting out red ink and pushing the two up. He leaned to the side, over the darkness, as they began lowering down.
————
“....no.” Teal growled.

Dingodile's teeth clattered in fear as they descended. Oh please let this be over soon! "Uhh, Vian? Is that ink supposed to be red, because it reminds me a lot of blood."

----------
"Good, because I don't have one. If you want to talk, give me some advice on how to clean my clothes and mask. They're supposed to be white, not teal." Vega bit back, though not preparing to fight with anything else but words.

“Yeah. I have red ink, so its supposed to be the same color.” Vian reassured him. “We should be down soon, don’t worry.”
————
“Eh, its should stay that color. Besides, your whole body will be white with fear if you get me angry.” Teal shot back, pulling out another bomb and throwing it up and down. “You wanna test that?”

"I swear, if you drop us then I will throw you into a wall. This is scary enough as it is." Dingodile kept looking up, refusing to see the ground and how far the fall would be if Vian dropped them.

--------------------------

"My body is perfect the way it is, the slight tan makes it look better. And no, I would not like to test that at the moment. Maybe later, but not now. And put that thing away, you're gonna blast someone's eye out." Vega said as he covered his eye holes in the mask, expecting Teal to throw the thing right at him.