• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Leviores was scared. He didn't want to disappoint Loki. "Quick, Leviores, Thunder Wave!", Loki said. Leviores sent a wave of electricity to paralyze the Zoroark. "Then, use Thunder Punch!", he ordered. Leviores started charging electricity in his fist, trying to have it stabilize. Meanwhile, Patches and Tick were running through the vents of the stadium, and eventually got to one under Loki. they threw their PokeBalls out, then made them go inside of it. Loki tripped on them, and picked them up. "Wait... oh no...", he mumbled. He looked at the grate where they came from. "Great...", he said sarcastically.

“Jump Raven! Then counter attack with a night daze” The wave of electricity sliced through the clones of Zoroark, the mirages stumbling and then disappearing. Raven meanwhile had jumped into the air to avoid the thunder wave, her eyes glowing a light blue whilst Crimson energy gathered around her hands. She began falling towards Leviores, joining her hands together and then slamming them down on the floor when she landed in front of the Ampharos. A field of damaging energy spread around the Zoroark as Night daze was used, protecting Raven from the thunder punch and damaging Leviores if he was caught in it.

Riley watched the fight intensely. She smiled when Finion used attacks in a creative way, but her smile turned into a scowl as she heard Loki yell at his Pokémon. "What kind of trainer yells at his Pokémon?!" She said quietly. "Look at that Ampharos, it's scared!" She could see the fear in Leviores' eyes and could see how the rain was made out of the same fear. She quietly growled and continued to watch the fight. "Hm... I wonder how things will turn out. Finion has lost one Pokémon, while Loki has revealed one of his Pokémon that will make a return in this match. An interesting situation they've got here..."

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"AH!", Loki put himself in Leviores' perspective," Thunder Punch won't work... use Thunder!" Leviores smiled as it unleashed a gigantic lightning strike came from the sky, warming up the arena in the process. Looking around at the crowd, he caught some looks. Oh no..., he thought, am I doing something wrong? Loki started losing hope, and the bond that him and his Pokemon had made them uneasy, too.

Finion didn’t want to let up on his attack. If he gave his opponent time to recover or think he could loose his edge. “Alright Raven keep it up, dark pulse straight at it!” Raven began charging up the special attack in her palms again, her eyes widening as the Ampharos counter attacked. “Raven mov-“ He didn’t even get to finish his sentence as she was struck with the powerful electric type move, it’s accuracy increased thanks to the rain that was still falling.
For a few seconds Finion was unsure of Raven’s condition. Was she okay after a direct hit from such a powerful move? No ... she was damaged and bruised but she was still on her feet, glaring at Leviores with the dark pulse still dormant and swirling in her hands. Finion’s face lit up with a smile of shock and relief. “Go for it” The Zoroark let out a growl and then fired the dark pulse at Ampharos straight in front of her.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Leviores was terrified. It ran away, but was in a straight path. Loki was about to call it out, but it was too late. Leviores fainted. It fell to the ground rather dramatically. Loki's hand started twitching. He was infuriated. If only Leviores - no, it was his fault. He mumbled," Leviores... return..." And held the Great Ball to him, and it went inside. " ... ", he spaced out, then held a PokeBall to his hand," If you want to battle like that, I'm in!" He sounded much more upbeat," Patches!", the Furret beamed inside of it's PokeBall," Come on out!" The Furret scurried out of it's Ball, and ran around in the puddles. "Use Focus Blast!", Loki ordered. The Furret dropped it's cute behavior, and formed a red orb of pressure in between it's paws. It unleashed it at the Zoroark at full throttle. Even Loki didn't expect that coming.

He felt a little guilty about fainting the Ampharos, not spotting how scared the electric type was until the very last move that had caused it to faint. If he knew Leviores was panicking he would’ve given some time for the Ampharos to calm down. Finion sighed a little, looking up at the sky as he noticed the clouds beginning to part. The rainy day was clearing up now, the soaked battle field glistening in the sunlight.
Loki brought Finion’s attention back to the battle, the Furret’s sudden move and appearance taking him by surprise.
“Focus blast back and curve it!!” It was a move Zoroark was unsure of. Typically they would use a shadow ball but Finion knew it wouldn’t work against Furret, a normal type. Zoroark formed the ball of red energy in her hand, hopping back and then throwing it. The Patches’ focus blast hit Raven, sending her tumbling back towards Finion. Raven’s focus blast was thrown to the side, acting like a curve ball as it sailed through the air to the side and then towards Patches.

Raven struggled onto her feet, taking deep and heavy breaths as she found the will power to stand up. She saw the oncoming wave summoned by the Furret and took a fighting stance, getting a bit worried when her trainer didn’t say anything. She looked back to Finion with a small scowl.
He looked to her with a relaxed smile. “It’s okay, you can rest alright” She was too weak to finish the fight and would be too weak in a later one. Finion also remembered how much she hated switching out. Raven gave a judgemental look before sighing and shaking her head, as if to say ‘you better win this’
The Zoroark let the wave crash into her and faint her, Finion returning the dark type the second it happened. “I’ll try Alright, thank you for giving your all Raven” He looked down to the Pokeball with a thankful look before returning his attention back to the pitch now filled with water. “...” His eyes narrowed a moment. He had too Pokemon that would do well in such conditions, one of them hopefully being able to reverse the affects of the Furret’s surf. “Hop you’re out!” Finion grabbed another Pokeball after putting Raven’s away, releasing a Politoed from the device and out into the water. The frog Pokémon was rather happy to be out in the water, splashing around in it happily and then looking up at the sky with a smile. The rain clouds began to form again as Hop’s ability drizzle took hold.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Baton Pass!", Loki commanded. The Furret threw a baton in the air, and it was switched out. "Come on out, Verde!", he said. He threw out the Safari Ball, and outcame the Tangrowth, again. "Now, Ingrain!" The Tangrowth attached some of it's vines to the ground, acting like roots absorbing energy from the ground.

Finion grinned as he saw the Tangrowth come out and drop straight into the water. It was already receding so both Pokemon were able to stand in it but also swim in it as if they so wanted. Half of Verde’s body was submerged and it gave him and idea. “Hop our the water then use ice beam” The politoed jumped out the water high into the air, shooting out a beam of ice not at Tangrowth but at the water, freezing it all and hopefully trapping Verde in ice. “Alright ice beam again and keep it constant!” Whether the Tangrowth was trapped or not, Hop’s next move would be the same, shooting the beam of ice ,but at the grass type Pokemon this time.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Verde just relaxed, looking at the beautiful water. "Verde... Protect", he said, slightly yawning. The Grass-type created a force field around it, protecting in it from the Ice Beams. "Now, Leech Seed!", he ordered. The Surf quickly subsided ad the Tangrowth short seeds all over the ground. I'm wondering how he'll get out of this one...

His plan hadn't worked and now even the water was gone. "Damn" Finion sighed to himself ... at least it was still raining. Loki's Tangrowth was powerful, amazing and seemed unstoppable. He needed to figure out a way to defeat this specific opponent and quickly. Without Blitz he didn't have a Pokemon that was directly super effective against the grass type and it's defensive and regenerative capabilities made any move he did use against it mean nothing in a matter of seconds. "Stop with the ice beam Hop" The politoed let up, looking back to her trainer for a second and then returning her attention back to her opponent.
"Leech seed again? right" He had to think quickly. No way could he let Verde start regenerating. The drizzle would mess up synthesis but the he had nothing against leech seed- unless. "Hop use psychic on the leech seeds!" The eyes of the large politoed began to glow purple, Hop spreading out her arms as she used the powerful move. Before the leech seeds hit the ground they would be surrounded in a light blue energy, keeping them floating in the air and preventing them from planting. Hop began to close her hands together and in turn, the leech seeds began to gather in the center of the pitch, mushing together in a green ball. Once all the leech seeds were in this green ball she sent it flying towards Verde.
It would do nothing towards the Tangrowth as leech seed doesn't have an affect on grass types. The ball would probably just harmlessly bounce off Tangrowth. Despite this Hop was very pleased with herself. Her eyes returned to normal and she stopped using Psychic, gently hopping up and down on the spot in celebration. "Hop" Finion attempting speak to the Pokemon who was lightly partying, now pushing her hands up and down in the air. "H-Hop" The water type stopped dancing and slowly looked to her trainer who was looking back at her with a smile. He pointed towards Verde, politely asking. "Hyper beam, please" Hop paused for a second, giving a thumbs up to Finion and then turning around to unleash the orange beam of energy at the opposing Tangrowth. The attack shot straight across the pitch at Verde.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Verde saw the ball of the seeds and ate them. "Wait... what?", Loki stared," Nevermind, counter Hyper Beam with Hyper Beam!" The two Hyper Beams hit each other, creating a strong gust of wind that pushed everyone back a bit. "Now, Giga Drain!" The Tangrowth tried to absorb mass amounts of energy from the Politoed.

Finion couldn't help but smile a little as he saw Verde eat the ball, releasing in that moment the two Pokemon on the pitch were actually very alike. They would probably get along greatly.
As well as the strong gust of wind the hyper beams created a cloud of dust between the two Pokemon, obscuring Finion's view of Verde and Loki's view of hop as the rain continued to fall on the pitch. Finion knew the drizzle would soon stop though.
His eyes narrowed in response to the obstruction of sight, Finion spotting the energy being drained out of Hop and having an idea. "Fire an ice beam following that giga drain" Hop, who had fallen to her knees due to the giga drain, got back up and fired an ice beam through the dust and towards Verde. "Hey, before that dust cloud clears up you wanna do your move" The frog Pokemon nodded in excitement, looking back to Finion with a happy smile. "Alright use Hydro pump!"
Hop did as commanded but the torrent of powerful water was never fired at the Tangrowth, instead it was fired at the ground. The water type was send flying upwards, the Hydro pump acting like a jet pack and pushing her into the air. She cleared the rain clouds caused by her ability and was ridiculously high when she stopped finally stopped using hydro pump. She started falling back down towards the pitch, using her only physical move as she did so. Giga impact.
When the dust cloud cleared Hop was nowhere to be seen, instead Finion would be standing with his hands on his hips just waiting. He waved to Loki and then pointed upwards, nothing happening for a second as he had poorly timed his gesture. After a few seconds though Hop burst through the rain clouds still drizzling the pitch, falling straight towards Verde with yellow and orange energy swirling around her body. The Giga impact, if it connected, would hit quickly and powerfully due to Hop's momentum gained from falling.

Riley looked at the Ampharos with a sad look as it fainted. "Poor thing. It fainted in its attempt of making its trainer proud..." She shaked her head and continue to observe the field, where a Furret now was.
"I wonder why Finion keeps letting his Pokémon get hit." Riley quietly said as Finion's Zoroark fainted. "If he keeps that up, Loki will win with all of his Pokémon awake and energized." She sighed and continued to watch the match. As Michael sat next to her, she seemed quite surprised. But, she didn't let him see and looked back at the arena. As Hop came out, she chuckled. "Of course that someone with a baby face has an adorable frog as a Pokémon.

Toby stayed silent for the entirety of the previous match, letting his mind come up with all kinds of strategies. Riley would have some fun with Spectre and Powerwash, and so would that boy. And the current battle was a sight to see, even with the annoying Tangrowth on the field. "Remind me to get a weedkiller for that thing, Tangrowth are a pain no matter where you fight those jumbled messes of vines." He sneered before making his way to Riley.

"Must say, your appearance on the field is more than I expected from you. And you put up a good fight as well, are you really the Riley I've come to know and dislike or did you change?" Toby's mouth was usually a straight line or frowning when he wasn't spewing insults, but this time one of the corners of his mouth curled upwards. "Y'know, for someone who didn't want to win you did surprisingly good. Bit of a shame really that my expectation came true, and being right all the time gets boring really fast."

As Toby approached Riley, she gave him a death glare. She nodded as she listened closly to his words and gave it her best not to push him off the stadium. As Toby finished, she got up and looked him in the eye. A second later, she got up and slapped him across the face. "At least I'm not some douchebag picking on a 14 year old girl!" She sat back down and continued "Have a fun time in hell, I'll meet you there!" She waved to him with an innocent smile and continued to watch the match.

Toby was about to say something either positive or condescating, when he got slapped in the face by Riley. "Ow, you little -! For once I am not trying to be rude, if you can believe that." The smirk on his face soon faded to a scornful grimace, and he reached for his belt. "Here, this might convince you." He grabbed all of his Poké Balls and tossed them on Riley's lap. "There, I am unarmed. Happy? And about that hell comment, I don't think we'll meet. Judging by your impression of me, I think I would be damned to wander this earth for all eternity. You see, I don't think that Hell is a real thing. You either reincarnate or you wander the world as a miserable ghost. Now, may I ask you why you joined this tournament or are you going to kick me instead?"

As Riley got the PokéBalls she smiled and put them in her bag. "Thank you, now I am happy." She said with a smug face. Then, she raised her eyebrow at his question. "Why, do you care about me soooooo much that you need to know?" She chuckled and continued "I joined this tournament because I got that dumb letter. That's all. Now, please go. I do not want some adult freak questioning me." She wave once again and continued to watch the match.

"Y'know, I am trying to be more than a rude jerk and you're not helping much. And I don't think that you have a reason to take my Poké Balls just like that, Scylla is not easy to control. As much as I want to go, I won't leave until I get my Poké Balls back since I still need to fight. Your choice to make." Toby scoffed, clearly not amused by the acts of Riley. Runty sure has a lot of talk for someone who lost already, and she lives up to her name. She riles me up like no tomorrow.

"Is Scylla that Hydreigon that you were showing off with in the Pokémon Center?" Riley asked Toby. "I don't want to control her, I'll give them to you when your match starts. We can just have a civilized conversation until then... Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to." She chuckled and continued to watch the match. "Man, this jerk is so annoying! I can't wait until he leaves me alone!" Riley thought with a sigh. "I bet he's some kind of 'important' person where he comes from, so that's why he's so rude. I mean, I'm rude too. But I don't pick on people younger than me and I don't mock others for their skills..."

Last edited:
"As a matter of fact, yes she is. Not the smartest move now that I think about it." Toby admitted, although he quickly got riled up again by her comments. "Listen young lady, I want my Poké Balls back before I'll leave. I made that very clear didn't I? Now you want me to leave and refuse to give me my Poké Balls, what are you aiming to do here? Make me miss my match? Do I need to apologise and bow before you to get you to listen to me or what?" His voice grew louder, not shouting yet but he was clearly annoyed.

"Dude, chill." Riley said calm. "I didn't say that you needed to leave. But since your brain was only capable of making you a dumb punk and not a good listener, you didn't know that." She got his PokéBalls out of her bag and stretched her arm to him. "If you want them so bad, just take them." But before he could reach them, she let them fall out of her hand. And since their seats were close to the stairs, the PokéBalls just rolled down. "Oops." She looked back to the match, no longer paying attention to Toby.

"Hmph, fair enough. Thanks...I guess." Just as Toby tried to grab his Poké Balls, they rolled down the stairs. "What?! Get back here!" He didn't even allow himself to make a comment at Riley, he had to grab his Poké Balls now! He ran down the stairs and managed to grab one without tripping. "Come on!" He was chasing a second one when he tripped over his own feet and fell down the stairs, hitting the floor before any of his Poké Balls. "Ow, that little rat shall pay for this!" The five remaining Poké Balls bounced down the stairs and stopped when they hit his body. "Welp, I got these back atleast." After making sure all six Poké Balls were secured on his belt, he threw a glare at Riley so filled with rage, it was surprising that he didn't assault her. Think. You are an adult who is getting angry at a kid, you can't get disqualified now. There better be prize money or something at the end of this, I can use it for rebuilding that pile of charcoal.

The Johtonian boy looked down at his clothes and realised his pants were ripped at his knees. "Tch, great. I'll need to change." He threw a last glare at Riley and left the stadium, hoping to be back on time for his match and without any ripped clothes.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"What...?", Loki stared at the Politoed," Nevermind that, roll over to the left, then use Earthquake!" The Tangrowth did so. Hop hit the ground, leaving a huge crater, before it could get up, the Tangrowth smashed itself on the ground, using Earthquake. Loki couldn't see through the dust clouds, and just held Valdivia, ready to use his secret weapon. Permafrost was getting a little queasy at the idea, and layed down on the ground. "Slash? (It stopped raining?", the Sandslash thought, expecting to be rained on.

“Dammit” There went Finion’s trump card. That was Hop’s best move and the Tangrowth has just rolled out the way. He supposed it was his own fault though for pointing the attack out to Loki. Either way Finion was determined to take out that Tangrowth. Loki still had 5 of his Pokemon whilst he was down two. “Come on hop, I know you got in you”
Finion couldn’t see through the dust cloud kicked up by Hop’s giga impact but he could feel the ground shaking from Tangrowth’s earthquake. “Hop get outta there!” She couldn’t immediately move after the giga impact, needing a while to recharge after the attack. Eventually though she hopped out the crater, landing in front of Finion battered and bruised. The earthquake had connected and done a lot to Hop, the Politoed breathing a little heavily as she and Finion looked across the pitch through the dust cloud now beginning to clear. “...” He was beginning to panick a little.
The drizzle had now stopped, Finion looking up at the clear sky and then returning his attention back to the battlefield. He needed to think of something. “Alright Hop” Another plan, this one was a last ditch effort. “Hydro pump get him soaked!” They’d both been in the rain for a while but Finion needed Tangrowth to be more water logged for his plan to work.
Hop nodded and shot out the Hydro pump, knowing the water type move wouldn’t do much damage but trusting her trainer.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"...", Loki concentrated on the Hydro Pump. It hit the Tangrowth seeming to do nothing. "Now, use Ancient Power... at the ground!", he ordered. The Tangrowth threw chunks of the Earth back at the ground, creating huge craters around Verde. Looks like we're both gonna do a big move..., he said, examining Finion's expression.

“Just a little bit more hop!” Finion had took note of the move Loki had just commanded, clueless as to what it was for but certain that it was for something. He needed to finish this, now. “Alright Hop that’s gonna have to do, fire an ice beam!”
The Politoed closed its mouth and stopped the torrent of water, only to reopen it and fire a beam of ice at the Tangrowth. Finion knew it wouldn’t faint Verde ... but that wasn’t the point of the move. Hopefully the ice beam froze the grass type, the hydro pumps being an attempt to increase that chance. If the Tangrowth didn’t freeze hopefully the water all over the soaked Pokemon would.
“Giga impact one last time!” Finion could tell Hop was on her last legs but she was still putting her all into everyone of her attacks. She began charging across the pitch, the yellow and orange swirling energy once again surrounding her body. Once close enough to Verde she jumped over the crater and towards the grass type, regardless of whether he was frozen or not.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Verde... come on...", the Ice Beam was going to directly hit it. "Now, Power Whip!!!", he yelled, as if it was his finishing move. The Tangrowth whipped the Ice so hard, it shattered, sending some in Hop's way when it used Giga Impact, clouding it's accuracy for the both of them. "Use Hyper Beam!", he said at the final moment, another huge wave sent the two moves clashing, dealing damage to both of them. "Ingrain!", he said. The ice had melted to water, making it more easier to regain health for Verde.

The ice was eaten up by the energy surrounding Hop but the Hyper beam and Giga impact collision caused the water type to fly back across the pitch. “Hyper beam back whilst it’s ingrained” Hop took a deep breath and fired the orange beam of energy midair, landing on her feet and skidding back whilst still firing the attack.
She stopped firing, standing in a crouched position. “Alright Hop, Hydro pum-“ Finion stopped his command as he saw Hop fall to the ground, fainted. He looked across the pitch to see the condition of the Tangrowth after Hop’s last hyper beam.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched the match with interest, until she heard a familiar voice. She turned around to see Toby with another girl, and they both seemed to be in a heated argument. She listened to what they said to each other, she could stop the fight if she tried hard enough. Otis sighed and turned away for a moment to check on the battle. When she turned back, Toby was gone. Otis looked around, confused on where he went. But, at least the two had stopped fighting. She was curious on what started it, so she walked up to the girl with a cheerful attitude. “Hello! I heard you and Toby talking in an... angry way. May I ask what caused it?”

Riley sighed when the girl approached her and raised an eyebrow. "What are you, his lawyer? His little sister? How do you know his name and why do you care about what just happened?" She said irritated. But the girl seemed pretty innocent so she sighed and decided to answer her "He was mostly mocking me because I lost. Because he doesn't have anything better to do than mock someone younger than him."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She tilted her head at the girl’s response. “No, I’m not his lawyer or sister. We are friends! I overheard your argument because you both were kinda loud. And, if my friend is mad I would want to know why, so I could help him and I could help you!” Otis smiled cheerfully. But after getting the answer, she was more confused then before. “Huh... Toby doesn’t seem like that kind of person when I met him... But maybe you both got on the wrong hand. I could help you if you would like!”

"Girl, I'm gonna be clear with you." Riley said at the girl's response. "This Toby you mean is not a nice person. He got out his Hydreigon in the Pokemon Center to show off. Before I entered I heard him mocking someone for bringing a Shuckle to the tournament. He may have been nice to you because you have, I dunno, a special Pokemon that he liked, but if it weren't for a specific reason, he would've been mean to you too. And I don't want to be friends with a person that thinks badly of others because they have a certain Pokemon!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She had to calm herself down before replying to her. “Look... I fully believe that Toby is a nice person, but maybe if you hadn’t responded in the same aggression as him, maybe you would get to see that nice side one day. You see, if someone is being mean to you and you reply with an even meaner response, then that causes problems. Soon, a rivalry starts and you now both hate one another. But I’m not like you, I reply in the most kind or at least sensible way possible. Maybe if you did the same, you and Toby would not have heated arguments.” Otis sighed before looked at a boy who entered the conversation. “Well, if I saw a person like that then I would think they had a screw loose. But if I got to know that person better, maybe that judgement from before would not cloud me anymore.”

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki felt guilty about fainting the Politoed, almost as if he wanted it to win. Shamefully, he substituted Verde for Vesuvius. "Cam!", it yelled as it's volcano boiled, ready for action. "Hopefully he doesn't have another Water Type...", Loki mumbled. Loki could've sent Valdivia out to crush his opponent, though he embraced pity on him and went for the one Pokémon who never gets the chance for the spotlight.

Last edited:
Riley looked angry at Otis "Wow, some annoying person you are!" She thought while scowling. She was about to say something when Michael butted into their conversation. She raised an eyebrow as he spoke and thought "Why are people so interested in this argument? I took part in thousands of them, why is this one so interesting?!". Riley was about to respond to his question when Otis responded herself. Her eyes went wide at her sweet response. She got up with a sigh and said "I need to find somewhere else to seat. Your sweetness gives me cavities. And I hate them. So long, random person and Port." She got a bag and walked away. She soon found a new place where to sit on the other side of the stadium. She put down her bag and continued to watch the match.