• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

"You're right, his team had counters against pretty much anything that Finion could throw at him. That Furret was a pain too, Normal types have so many options for moves that they are literally a bag of tricks. Ice Beam for example is not a move you'd expect on a Furret, Focus Blast is a counter against Rock types and not that surprising. The fact someone brought a Furret to this competition is shocking enough in its own right." Toby clapped out of respect, but stopped soon after he begun.

"When is your match? I'd like to see what you can do with that Bisharp of yours. If I may give a word of advice, listen to the crowd. If they cheer for you, they want you to win. If they boo at you, they know you are stronger than your opponent and want to see you lose. The crowd always wants someone to root for and someone to root against, and typically the person they root for is the underdog who refuses to give up. I've seen it a lot of times, so draw your strength from the crowd. No matter what noise they make, you can turn it into motivation."

"I don't know what noise they'll make to you, it could be either if I am frank. To my knowledge I am the only one to instantly paint themselves as an antagonist so I'll be booed no matter what." He cracked a grin, although there was a slightly malicious undertone to it. "I'll prove them wrong, too bad that I am not up until the second to last round."

"My match is only near the end of the bracket. And I'm not worried about the crowd. Whether they see me as the villain or hero doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is my battling skill. I want people to cheer for that, not for who I am or who I represent. My Pokémon are doing the work, I'm only the voice behind them."

"Also, Katana here can't battle with me." Wolf sighed, Katana having an equally disappointed frown. "I caught Katana yesterday and I had already registered my team of six. It'll be right there by my side though."

Wolf gave Toby's comment a bit of thought. Wolf had never been in a tournament before, so influence from the crowd's reaction had never been a factor. I can't crack under pressure. I'm better than that. I'll prove it to them.

"Your Pokémon do indeed carry out your orders, but you are the one giving them those and thus are responsible from them. If a Pokémon of yours attacks the crowd or the opposing trainer, you will get chewed out and the chances of disqualification are incredibly high. Are you sure you can control them? If you have any doubts, you better make sure before it is too late." Toby might make it sound that he was trying to psyche Wolf out, but in reality he was trying to help him. He knew like no other what it was like to have one of your Pokémon not obey you and attack out of its own free will. Scylla would need to prove that she could listen, if she wanted to have more fights and win the tournament.

"That's a shame, Katana looks very capable. Let's hope that its support will get you far."

"Oh, you're welcome! But I'm really not that kind, believe me." Riley said with a chuckle. Her words seemed to have cheered Finion up, which made Riley even happier. "Oh yeah! I made someone feel better! Take that, haters!... That sounded really dumb..." She thought with a sigh and continued to talk "Us losers should stick together! Not that you always lose, or anythi-" She was cut off by someone who walked up to them. She squinted her eyes at the man, deep in thought. "I think I've seen him somewhere before... YIKES! It's that Magikarp weirdo! Can't let him ruin my chance at being supportive for once!" Her mind was racing. On one hand, she wanted to keep being nice, but on the other hand, the man could realize it was her that yanked off his mask! She quickly got up and headed for the exit, calling out to Finion over her shoulder "I'm glad you're okay!" As she stepped outside, she dashed back to the stadium, going back to her seat.

Finion chuckled a little at Riley’s little ramble, not taking any offence from being called a looser since he knew she didn’t mean it. When Riley stopped talking he turned to look at who had arrived, smiling when he saw Shiori. “Hey man” His time was quiet but happy, not sad or distressed. “Doing okay all things considered”
He watched Riley leave in slight surprise, giving a little wave as she exited the building. His attention returned to Shiori who he laughed a little too. “I am following my own advice by the it’s just taking a little while to push back the ... negative stuff”

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched the battle, seeing that Loki had won. She let out a sigh, and she put one hand on her hip. “I wonder who is battling next...” Otis adjusted her blue glasses and turned back to the battle field. Her Pokémon were ready. She couldn’t wait to battle her opponent. But Otis didn’t know if it was her turn yet.

Shiori watched as the girl quickly ran off, then turned back to Finion. He was a little puzzled by the girl's strange behavior, and the fact that she looked familiar, but decided to think not much about it.
"That's good to hear, man. Losses can really suck. But hey, they're a part of life right? You win some, you lose some." Shiori said, trying to give Finion at least a little encouragement. The trainer moved over and sat down next to Finion.
"I, however, thought your battle was freaking fantastic! Dude, you did so good!" A bit more of Karpman's energetic personality started to leak into Shiori, and he couldn't stop a huge smile from spreading across his face. "Seriously, that would have to be one of the coolest battles I've ever seen."
As he was talking, Shiori suddenly remembered. That girl! She was the one that had yanked off his mask back on the first day he was in Solaurea City! Well... She couldn't be that bad of a person if she was comforting Finion. Shiori decided to not let the thought bother him.

“Yeah, exactly” Finion agreed with Shiori’s first statement, watching the other trainer sit next to him with a small but growing smile. When he started receiving praise for how well he did he became a little bit flustered. His head retreated a little bit into his shoulders as he shook his head. “Ack, I don’t handle praise well no”
He didn’t spot Shiori’s realisation, instead calming himself down a little bit and then talking to him. “Do you know when your battle is?”

Shiori leaned back, thinking about the bracket.
"Well, I'm pretty sure I'm like one of the last battles to go for the preliminaries. So there's still quite a few matches to go before mine. Heck, it sounds like the next match hasn't even started." Shiori said. He smiled and looked at Finion. "I'm going up against a guy named Wolf. What a name, huh? I bet he's tough." Shiori said. Shiori was still a little nervous about his match, but he had managed to calm wayyy down since earlier this morning. Watching those battles had managed to sooth his nerves, somehow.

"Ah" So he was one of the last to battle. Finion was genuinely looking forwards to Shiori's battle, ready to see the famous Karpman make his appearance again. He wasn't really to sure why Shiori had adopted an alter ego but he didn't see the problem with it. It seemed to help boost his confidence and it probably made other people happy.
"Hey, you're going to do fine" Finion reassured Shiori with a smile, moving his mind off his own match and onto Shiori's. "I reckon the fish can take on the wolf and win" He perked a brow and had a partial smirk, attempting to help with Shiori's nerves. "Plus I think Shiori is a cool name like-""Paaaaaaaachi!" Finion was cut off by the sound of a very loud and familiar Pachirisu, Nurse Joy bringing the electric squirrel over on a tray with the rest of his Pokemon in their pokeballs. Finion stood up from his chair, ready to accept the tray of her.
When Joy was a few steps away Sparky rather suddenly jumped off the tray and pounced at Finion's face, brushing his tail over the rest of the Pokeballs and releasing the pocket monsters inside. "Sparky!" The Pachirisu was not attacking his trainer, instead he was wrapping around his neck and cuddling him, as were the rest of his Pokemon.
Blitz and Hop had come up either side of Finion to wrap their arms around him, Coconut had swiftly lumbered behind him to lower her head next to his and give him a nuzzle and Raven had walked in front of her trainer, also wrapping her arms around Finion. Garfield was the only Pokemon not giving Finion a sweet embrace but one swift glare off Raven was enough to make the Garchomp change his mind, the dragon type awkwardly moving over to lower his head next to Finion's like Coconut had done.
It took Finion a moment to but he soon realised what was happening. His Pokemon was showing their appreciation, their love, they were showing that they weren't disappointed in him and that they still respected him, even it it varied in some cases. Finion's expression of shock relaxed into one of contempt as he relaxed into his Pokemon's hold and smiled. He closed his eyes, quietly whispering to them. "Thank you"
It took him a second but he soon remembered that Shiori was still there, Finion opening his eyes and looking to the other trainer. "Sorry they're ... rather affectionate" With that comment Garfield rolled his eyes, moving away and grumbling to himself a little. "Well, most of them anyways"

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki walked out of the stadium, taking in a big inhale of air. He exhaled, feeling peaceful. The streets of Solaurea were empty as practically everyone was at the tournament. Loki sat down in the plaza, and sent out his team to enjoy the serenity of the city. Personally, Loki was stressed about being in a city... on his journeys, he usually took the backroads. Now, he was in a city about ten times larger than Mahogany... While Loki was thinking, his Pokemon were having a mini-victory celebration. He looked up, smiling at how happy they looked. He stretched, dozing off into a quiet sleep.

Shiori watched Finion as his Pokemon cuddled with him in one group hug, and felt... Well, he felt a little jealous. Shiori loved his Pokemon, loved them a lot. But his Pokemon, at least most of them, weren't exactly the most into cuddling. And that was when he was managing to win battles against trainers!

No. Shiori couldn't think about that. He had to focus on winning and doing well. He couldn't let himself fall down that hole, not right before his match. The trainer looked up when Finion addressed him, and smiled.
"You're apologizing that your Pokemon show affection? That seems to be a pretty strange thing to be apologetic about." Shiori joked. Shiori looked up in admiration at the Garchomp, then back at Finion. "Your whole team is really cool."

Shiori had a point, there was no need to excuse the actions of his Pokemon. “I am ... an unnecessarily apologetic person” Finion was getting a little awkward but as the rest of his Pokemon began to let go of him he calmed down. “Thank you thats very nice” Now that they weren’t comforting Finion his Pokemon were busy occupying themselves. Hop, Coconut and Blitz conversed between themselves, the Infernape clearly being the more talkative one in the trio. Sparky remained seated on Finion’s shoulder whilst Raven stood next to him, keeping a close eye on Garfield.
“I haven’t seen your entire team but your Gyrados is quite impressive” Shiori’s Gyrados was the only Pokemon of his that Finion had seen leading him to wonder what else the other trainer could have. “Oi, no not now” Finion spoke to Garfield, who's attention had been caught by the mere mention of the Gyrados. The dragon type recognized the name of the powerful Pokemon and wanted a battle. “Garfield I said no” The land shark gave a little snarl which prompted the Zoroark at Finion’s side, Raven, to step forwards. She responded with a more quiet and small growl but one that intimidated the Garchomp nevertheless. "Thank you Raven" Finion thanked the dark type and turned back to Shiori. "What other Pokemon do you have? Or is that a surprise?"

Shiori let his eyes wander over each of Finion's Pokemon. He had been watching them when he battled, but seeing them all up close was another feeling all together. They looked so... Strong. Shiori gave the Garchomp a nervous smile, then turned his attention back to Finion.
"No, they're not a surprise, it's just,..." Shiori trailed off, trying to figure out how to word it. Well, it was kinda secret. Unlike other trainers in this tournament, where if their Pokemon were revealed everything would be fine, Shiori kinda relied on the fact that his opponent didn't know what they were going up against. With a team like his, Shiori needed every single advantage he could get. But right now, the pair were in the Pokemon Center, while pretty much everyone else was back in the tournament arena. Not to mention, Finion had been eliminated. It wasn't like Shiori was going to have to surprise him. The surprise would wear off after the first battle anyway, and that would only matter if Shiori actually won. So... From a tactical perspective, showing Finion his Pokemon wasn't bad.

But there was something else Shiori was nervous about. He couldn't see Finion doing this, but... What if he laughed? There was no way Shiori could see Finion laughing at Shiori's team, but if you would compare the two... Shiori's team looked pretty wimpy next to Finion's. Heck, probably next to anyone's. But Shiori was pretty sure Finion wouldn't laugh at him. He didn't seem like the guy to do that. And if he did, well, then he just wasnt the type of person Shiori wanted to hang out with anyway.

"Well, it's kind of a surprise. But I think we're good here. You might want to step back, though." Shiori said, taking a few steps back himself. He looked a little nervous, and hoped he hadn't misjudged Finion's character. Unclipping the six Pokeballs from his belt, Shiori released all his Pokemon at once.

He released Tsunamu and Tethys behind him. The larger then average Gyarados and Milotic burst from their Pokeballs and looked around their surroundings. Seeing that it wasn't a battle, the Milotic bent down and nuzzled her trainer. Tethys always seemed to have a calming effect, and Shiori pet the sea serpent like Pokemon in return. Tsunamu sized up Finion's team, but didn't seem to show much. He had a slightly intimidating aura, but kept still.

The four Pokemon that flopped down in front of Shiori were slightly less impressive, however. A pair of Feebas and a pair of Magikarp flopped around. One of the Magikarp looked quite interesting, with blue scales around it's eyes and gold stripes on it's tail. The two Feebas, on the other hand, looked rather normal. As did the second Magikarp. At the sight of the second Magikarp, Shiori frowned.
"Raza, you can show yourself. We've been hanging out with Finion, he's a good guy." Shiori said to the Magikarp.
"Karp!" The Magikarp said, flopping pathetically. Shiori sighed and rolled his eyes.
" Raza..." Shiori said, crossing his arms. The normal looking Magikarp stopped flopping and seemed to sigh. Suddenly, where the Magikarp once stood a Zoroark appeared, her arms crossed and her head hunched between her shoulders. It seemed like Raza didn't really want to be there. At the sight of the other Zoroark, however, Raza looked up with curiosity.
"This... Is my team." Shiori said, internally bracing himself for Finion's reaction.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki woke up from his nap, yawning. Wait... where were his Pokemon? He raced around the empty streets, looking for them. Eventually, he ended up by Finion and... Shiori. He started to panic. If they didn't see him with his Pokemon, they'd make fun of him for all eternity and everyone will know about this because somehow-- He took a deep breath. He needed to calm down. He casually walked to them, trying not to make Finion feel guilty about his loss somehow. "Hi, guys...", he nearly laughed that this guy had a team of Magikarp and Feeb-- Oh Arceus! It turned into a Zoroark right when he approached them. His face seemed unfazed when he started talking to them, so they didn't know if he was startled or not.

Finion walked back a little, gesturing for the rest of his Pokemon to follow which they did. The Pokemon centre was certainly big enough for them to release their Pokemon but he wondered how crammed it might become. "Guys, no fighting okay" He told this to all of his Pokemon but he was clearly saying it to Garfield, the Garchomp looking back to Finion with a blank expression and then snorting.
When Shiori released his Pokemon Finion smiled, looking at all of them with an impressed expression. It wasn't just the Milotic and Gyrados he was smiling to, it was the Magikarp and Feebas too. For a millisecond he did question Shiori's team but he knew it would be rude to judge and foolish to underestimate any Pokemon. Any Pokemon could be powerful and Shiori didn't seem a fool. Finion reckoned Shiori had trained the fishes to be the very best they could be.

"Garfield" Finion had heard the low rumble coming from his Garchomp's chest. It was a noise of joy and excitement, one of wanting to battle. The dragon type took a step forwards. "Garfield I said no" Due to Finion's inability to stop his dragon type his Zoroark stepped in. Raven flicked out her hand and produced a Nightslash, one that crossed in front of the Garchomp and acted like a fence. Garfield could easily push past the purple energy but didn't, glaring at Raven who glared right back at him. "You will go back in your ball Garfield" Finion chimed in with a stern tone, looking to Garfield with narrowed eyes. The Garchomp calmed down, giving the Gyrados and Milotic one last look before turning away with a grumble.

With the little fiasco over Finion looked back to Shiori's team, intrigued upon seeing one of the magikarp turn into a Zoroark. Ah, it's illusion ability. Finion gave his own Zoroark a playful little nudge, Raven looking to her trainer and then to the other Zoroark with a raised brow. She stood tall, seemingly straightening herself up a little bit at the sight of the other dark type. "Its a good team" Finion spoke genuinely to Shiori. He could tell they were all close to each to other, that they all did have a bond of sorts. "I still believe you can win" He gave an uplifting grin and a nod of reassurance.

As he heard Loki enter the Pokemon center he quickly turned around and raised a Pokeball, immediately returning Garfield and then letting out a sigh of relief. No doubt the Pokemon would be angry upon seeing the other trainer, the proud dragon type would probably demand a rematch there and then. "Hey Loki" He gave a small wave to his previous opponent, no sign of sadness or anger on the surface but deep down he was a little disheartened. It wasn't Loki's fault and Finion knew that, that's why he was hiding it. "You alright?"

As the previous battle reached its conclusion and the battlefield reset for its next match, a announcer voice appeared over the speakers calling the next two contestants who will be battling. "Next battle: Ken Blake vs Otis Russel! Please may the contestants get ready." It said. The voice coming out of the speakers boomed from all sides of the arena, making sure everyone inside and maybe even outside would hear it.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She heard the announcement, and her heart started to race. Otis quickly ran down to the battle arena. She was already ready, and she could feel her Pokeballs moving as her Pokémon wanted to come out. “Otis Russell has entered the field!” The announcer booms across the stadium. She waited patiently, her mind silently thinking of many strategies she could use.

( @Grand Master Koop )

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki seemed okay around Garfield, just the same as he was around Valdivia. He cleared his throat and caught his breath," Um...", he didn't want to admit to his fault of losing his entire team while he was sleeping." Is there a Consolation Winner?", he slapped himself in the back of the neck for saying that," I mean... yeah, I'm okay. I just get lost in big cities quick... Mahogany is about as big as the stadium itself..." Loki stopped ranting, and asked a real question," How is Sinnoh? Is it like Johto or Kanto?" He was in such a rush, and caught Kimo in the corner of his eye, and got a worried look on his face.

"Thanks, man." Shiori said, smiling at Finion's response to seeing his team. The trainer turned to see that another person had entered the Pokemon Center, the trainer that Finion had faced off against. He had seen Shiori's team, and either didn't care or hid what he was thinking, because Loki hadn't seemed to have reacted. Then again, the young trainer seemed a little... Flustered, for some reason. Shiori decided to overlook the comment about the 'consolation winner'.
"Hey, dude. You okay?" Shiori asked Loki, interrupting. "You seem kinda flustered. Everything okay?"

Finion frowned slightly at Loki's comment, more in confused than offended. He doubted Loki meant anything by it and his rambling showed that he was rather panicky and not really thinking about what he was saying. With a small sigh he decided to forget about it, his face relaxing as he looked to Shiori with a concerned expression and then back to Loki. "Sinnoh's fine, rather unique a place" He answered quickly and then reinstated both his and Shiori's question. "Are you alright? Has something happened?"

After talking to Shiori's team for a while the rest of Finion's team returned to their Pokeballs, all except Sparky and Raven. The electric squirrel remained on Finion's shoulder, a little freaked out by Loki current behavior. Raven on the other hand had approached Raza, looking at the other Zoroark with squinted eyes. She wasn't exactly intimidating or mean in her approach but she was definitely a little stern, like how a teacher would approach a student.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki seemed to have calmed down, like how he usually was. "Well...", he seemed to stutter," My Pokemon... are lost..." He nodded to the Froslass teleporting around outside the PokeCenter. He took a look inside of the building, double checking his area.

Meanwhile, Permafrost and Patches were running around in the stadium's bleachers, alarming every other Pokemon in their path. Vesuvius was trying to communicate to a flock of Flecthling in a tree. His Pokemon were scatter throughout the city, much to Loki's distaste. He retraced his steps to the park, picking up their PokeBalls, he sighed, feeling melancholy about this ordeal.

Shiori's expression changed to one of concern when Loki said he had lost his Pokemon. No wonder the kid was so flustered! Shiori would be freaking out if he lost his Pokemon! But before the trainer could offer to help, Loki had already walked off. Shiori sighed and turned to Finion.
"I still have a lot of time before my match. We should help him." Shiori said to Finion. The trainer recalled his whole team, leaving only Raza out of her Pokeball.

Raza watched Finion's Zoroark nervously. Having been hatched from an egg in Kanto and barely seen any other Zorua or Zoroark in her life, Raza didn't really know the ins and outs of Zoroark etiquette. So the Zoroark just kinda stood there, staring back at Raven and trying to figure out what the other Zoroark wanted without asking.

So Loki had lost his Pokemon. For a moment Finion remembered a time when he had lost Sparky, only for a few hours but it was still a rather worrying and bad experience. He turned to look to his Pachirisu as Loki walked off and when he heard Shiori's suggestion he nodded in agreement. "We should" Finion had heard the announcer about a minute ago, knowing that the next battle was probably just about to begin. He wanted to be there but he wanted to help out Loki more.

"I can take to the skies on Coconut to see if I can spot any of them or we can search together" Loki's team was still fresh in his head. An Alolan Sandshrew, a Camperupt, a Tangrowth, a shiny Gigiliath, a Furret and an Ampharos. Sparky looked to his trainer with a slightly questioning look, Finion noticing this and then sighing a little. "Y'know they're probably broadcasting it, we can watch what he missed later alright"

For a few seconds Raven held this very dominant attitude but slowly she began to change. Her eyes relaxed and instead of standing in front of Raza she moved next to her, looking to Finion with a caring and motherly look. There was a hint of annoyance in her gaze though, not at something specific just in general. She glanced from her trainer to Raza's and then back to the Zoroark, giving a friendly look as if to ask 'how bad is your one, worse than mine?' Raven was being a lot more kinder now, her little intimidation technique just being a check.

"We can probably cover more ground if we split up." Shiori said, trying to think about the best way to do this. Solaurea City seemed pretty big, but hopefully the Pokemon hadn't gone far. "The hard part might be meeting up with Loki again. I think we should meet up again here, since the Pokemon Center is a pretty likely place he'll return to. Or maybe the hotel?"

Raza relaxed a little when she saw Raven relaxing as well. It appeared the other Zoroark was pretty chill. In response to Raven's quiere, Raza folded her arms, let out a little huff, and glanced away as if to say, 'you have no idea'. At least, as far as Raza could tell, Finion acted like a normal human for most of the time! Unlike her human, which enjoyed running around in that costume. It was all fine and dandy when she was a Zorua, but now it was starting to get a little old.

"Alright" Solaurea was pretty empty at the moment since most people were in the stadium. This theoretically meant that finding some Pokemon would be relatively easy. "We'll see if we can spot Loki as well and then tell him to come to the Pokemon centre" It was closer to the stadium which he hoped they would all return too after finding the missing Pokemon.

Raven chuckled a little at Raza's response, her look lingering on the two trainers before smiling to the other Zoroark. It was a warm smile, delivered with a wise glint in her eye. 'They are worth it' seemed to be the message she was trying to get across. She gave Raza a gentle nudge and then headed over towards her trainer who was releasing a shiny Tropius.

Finion climbed up onto Coconut's back, returning Raven to her Pokeball and then giving a nod to Shiori. "I'll see you in a bit, 10 minutes? I don't any of us to miss too much of the battling y'know- Sparky?" The Pachirisu had hopped down off Finion's shoulder and by Shiori's feet, looking up to Finion and furiously shaking his head. "Oh right" He seemed to mumble to himself before looking to Shiori. "He hates flying, you mind if he tags along with you?"

"Uh... Yeah, sure." Shiori said, looking down at the electric squirrel. Usually, electric type Pokemon didn't get along with Shiori. But Sparky seemed to be pretty chill, so Shiori was okay with it. Was he supposed to let the Pokemon ride on his shoulder? Or just run along behind/beside him? Well, Shiori figured he'd let the Pachirisu decide.

Raza watched as Raven returned to her Pokeball, and thought. Raza loved her trainer, don't get her wrong. But lately, she was having, well... Doubts. Even though she had been putting her all in every battle, they had been on a pretty hard losing streak. Raza was beginning to suspect that it was Shiori's fault...

"Ten minutes. Got it." Shiori said. He gestured for the two Pokemon to follow him as he headed towards the exit of the Pokemon Center.
"Good luck, dude!" Shiori called back to Finion. As they headed out the door, Raza activated her illusion ability to appear to be a human teenage punk girl once again. Shiori looked up and down the street. He had seen a Froslass appearing and disappearing out here while he was in the Pokemon Center. Maybe it was still around here?

"Thanks Shiori" Whilst it was true that Sparky didn't particularly like Shiori, he hated flying a lot more. He'd was willing to put up with Shiori for 10 minutes if it meant being close to the ground. The electric squirrel stayed by Shiori's side, hastily walking along with him and out of the Pokemon centre. "Good luck to you too" Finion responded to Shiori with a smile, one that dropped as he saw the Zoroark turn into a human. There seemed to be a shocked look on his face, one that slowly turned into embarrassment as he lifted his hands to onto his head. "That's Raza ... Oh my gosh" Coconut gave Finion a nudge, a knowing smile on the wise old Tropius' face. "No- Nu uh don't, don't say anything- this is not okay!" The grass/flying type deeply chuckled, heading towards the exit of the Pokemon centre as well

When they were out Finion hid how flustered he was, giving a wave to Shiori, Sparky and Raza and then quickly turning Coconut away. She ran down the street, getting a decent amount of speed before lifting herself into the air with a few powerful flaps of her wings. Before long they were soaring relatively high above the city, the both of them looking down for any of Loki's Pokemon.

Last edited:
When the next battle was announced, Riley furrowed her brow. "I wonder who those people might be..." She thought, more curious than ever. Last battle, she ran into the contestants just before their match, so she knew what they looked like. But this time, she never ran into them or heard one of their name... Or so she thought. When a girl about her age walked to the field, she immediately recognized her. "It's that girl! The girl who would make dentists rich! Ugh, she's the one that defended Toby; now I'll have an easier time picking who to cheer for! Wait, why do I care, again?" She sighed, disappointed of herself, and waited for the other contestant to get on the field.

In the pathway leading up to the stadium, Ken was standing in front of his current Pokemon team. He looked at each kg them with a determined smile. "Alright guys, it's time. Our match is coming up." He began. "We already came all the way here so let's give them a good showing." His Pokemon replied with each of their respective cries and a nod.

Ken walked up to the stadium, the arena was a pretty grand display. He looked around the spectators stands before turning his sight towards Otis. "Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
(Sorry I haven't responded this weekend!)
Loki was happy some people wanted to help him. He thought nobody liked he won as the negative comments from the crowd suggested. He walked around the park, and got a whiff of Camerupt. "Oh!", Loki exclaimed in shock. He ran over, but as soon as he knew it, a flock of Fletchling flew right at his face, then dispersed. Loki sighed, putting his arm around Vesuvius. "Good girl....", he said to her, then put her back in her Great Ball. It seemed Shiori was going near the PokeCenter, while Finion was going to ride on his Tropius. "That's it...", he said under his breath, running into the stadium. Loki ducked under sight of the people in the stadium, looking for Permafrost or Patches.

Shiori began walking around the street, scanning for the Froslass he had seen appearing and disappearing around the Pokemon Center.
"Ah... hello? Froslass that belongs to Loki, you around here?" Shiori called out, still looking. Raza quickly climbed a light pole, trying to get a better look at the area. Maybe from up above, she would be able to see the runaway Pokemon.
"Hello? Loki's getting really worried about you!" Shiori called out. It might sound kind of cringy, but it was the best he had. Shiori turned to Sparky. "You able to see anything?"

Up in the air Finion was not having any luck. He was peering down at the streets hoping that something would catch his eye but so far none of Loki's Pokemon had appeared. Finion sighed a little, veering Coconut left slightly to continue his search. He didn't dare go near the stadium, not wanting to disturb the current battle taking place so he kept his distance from the large arena.

Sparky walked on all fours alongside Shiori, his little nose gently twitching as he sniffed the air for any scents. There were quite a few but he couldn't recognise any of Loki's Pokemon. When he was asked a question he looked up to Shiori, shaking his head a little and then sighing. "Pachi pachi" The Pachirisu suddenly found himself rather hungry, probably due to all the looking they had did. Suddenly and rather cheekily the electric squirrel hopped up onto Shiori, first swiftly checking his pockets and then moving onto his bag if he had one. He was checking for food of any sorts, not actually attempting to steal anything.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki caught a glimpse of the Furret and Sandslash in the crowd. He looked up to see he was under a Hippowdon. He scurried away and saw that the two Pokemon knew where his location was and scattered away from the stadium. Loki ran after them, and saw the two mischief makers run underneath Finion's Tropius. "Fin!", he used a nickname assuming he would have not trouble with it," Get those two Pokemon!" He reached for his scarf only to realize that Patches had taken it while he was sleeping. Loki sighed, then caught his breath. He hoped that these two trainers wouldn't think bad of him if he'd lost his Pokemon.

"Whoa! Hey!" Shiori exclaimed, throwing up his hands when Sparky jumped on him. The Pachirisu's tail kind of tickled as the Pokemon jumped around on him. Raza, startled, started to head towards Sparky with an intent to attack. The Zoroark stopped, however, when she saw that he wasn't trying to hurt Shiori. In fact, he appeared to only be looking for food. And food, Sparky would probably find. In the pack Shiori carried that held his Karpman costume, a pair of RageCandyBars were tucked away for Raza and himself.
"We're supposed to be looking for that Froslass, not through my stuff!" Shiori said to Sparky, trying to dislodge the squirrel Pokemon from his bag without spilling the contents everywhere. Raza considered jumping in to help, but was amused by the scene of her trainer trying to move Sparky.

Upon hearing Loki's voice Finion glanced behind him, spotting the other trainer chasing after two of his Pokemon .He peered over the edge of Coconut to look beneath him, spotting the Furret and the Alolan Sandslash attempting to run away from their trainer. They didn't seem scared or desperate, they just seemed to be having a bit of fun, being mischievous. It caused Finion to smile a little, looking ahead at the route they were taking and then humming to himself. He took a Pokeball from out of his bag, making sure to check it was the right one and then speaking to it. "Don't fight them okay"

He threw the Pokeball ahead,the device releasing an Infernape a few metres in front of Permafrost and Patches. The fire fighting type held out a hand to signal the other Pokemon to stop. There was a smile on Blitz's face, the Infernape almost being tempted to start running with them but deciding against it. Finion soon landed the shiny Tropius behind Infernape, slipping off the grass/flying type as he called out to Loki whom he assumed was catching up to them all. "How many have you found? We're going to meet up with Shiori at the Pokemon centre soon and then head back to the stadium as to not miss the rest of the match"

Sparky meanwhile was wiggling his way into Shiori's bag, trying his best to get deep into the pack but also to not throw Shiori off balance. He was oblivious to Raza's approach due to the whiff of the RageCandyBars having caught his nose, encouraging the little squirrel to keep digging. Rather suddenly he stopped trying to burying himself into the bag and started to try and get himself out, thrashing now instead of wiggling. Eventually Sparky managed to get himself out of the bag, the Pachirisu slipping out of the pack with his body trapped into a Magikarp mask which was causing a little bit of panic to the eletric squirrel. His tail was poking out of the head hole, swishing in the air and brushing against the floor as Sparky attempted to free himself.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki saw how Finion was helping, so he assumed they were friends. For Shiori, he hardly knew him--- oh wait... He just realized that Shiori was Karpman. Anyhow, he squinted his eyes and scanned for Finion, then realized they were on the ground. "I've got my Camerupt!" Right when he said that, Tick landed on his back. "And my Galvantula!" He quickly returned it out of fear, running into the Pokemon Center. The cold air conditioning felt good and he decided to sit down by pamphlets. Loki hoped that Shiori had found Kimo, she might teleport into the battlefield. Of course, that was the worst possible scenario and probably would never happen.

Grabbing a pokeball of his own, Ken looked strait at his opponent, a bit of a smirk appearing on the trainer’s face as the battle was about to begin. “Of course.” He responded as he held his pokeball to his side. He was raring to go.

Ken threw his ball out towards the field. “Let’s go Sheer Heart Attack!” He shouted as his Shuckle appeared out of its capsule and landed onto the battleground. The battle has now begun.