• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Her eyes darted across the battle field as moves were sent everywhere. Then, the boy’s Steelix suddenly used Explosion. A huge cloud of dust went into everyone’s faces, including Otis’. She let out a few coughs before wiping her face clean of the dust. Her eyes shot back at the battle field, interest sparking up inside her.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After dust cloud passed, Michael saw giant iron snake laying on ground, unable to battle.
"Ah, last time he did this was when he was still Onix." Michael said, little bit ashamed for his Pokémon.
"Ok, let's see how will your Gardevoir survive this. Go Sableye!" Michael said and spooky Pokémon came out of his Pokeball. He was ready for battle as always.

"I can handle it!" Riley thouught to herself as the opponent revealed his final Pokemon that he will be using. "I need to weaken this Sableye! He might beat my Gardevoir and then this dude will ridicule me for it! Ugh, I wish I would've gone against someone who isn't so blood thirsty!" She took a deep breath to reassure herself and called out to her Pokemon "Gardevoir, use Dazzling Gleam!" She quickly shielded her eyes as her Gardevoir let out a blinding beam.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Sableye, use Shadow Ball" Michael said and Sableye nodded.
Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball clashed on middle of arena and made cloud of smoke.
"Sableye, again, use Confuse Ray and Shadow Ball" Michael said after smoke cleared.
Sableye used Confuse Ray on Gardevoir and then sent Shadow Ball straight on her.

Gardevoir managed to avoid the Confuse Ray, but got hit by the Shadow Ball. She got send back a few feet, but quickly shook off the pain and looked intensely at the Sableye. Riley thought for a second and then called out to her Pokemon "Gardevoir, use Moonblast!" Gardevoir gracefully moved her arms around and shot beautiful beam that contained the power of the moon.

Last edited:
Riley looked a little bit frustrated as her attacks kept getting dodged. "Ugh, can a Pokemon dodge this much?!"She thought to herself with a sigh. As the Shadow Ball was heading for Gardevoir, Riley called out "Use Light Screen!" Gardevoir quickly created the wall, absorbing some of the damage. She was feeling a little weak and looked at her trainer for commands. She saw that Riley looked a bit discouraged and that filled her with rage. She used Double Team and all of the copies and herself used Dazzling Gleam, creating a flash that could blind someone unprepared. Riley quickly shielded her eyes, not wanting to go blind.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Flash caught Michael unprepared and he fell on the ground. Sableye however has eyes made of crystals, so flash done nothing to him but he got hit by Dazzling Gleam. This attack weakened Sableye a lot but this was his chance.
"Quick Sableye, use Shadow Sneak" Michael said, still unable to see.
Sableye quickly teleported in front of Gardevoir ready to hit that faithful hit.

Gardevoir was taken by surprise as the Sableye came in front of her and got hit. As Riley slowly opened her eyes, she saw Gardevoir unconscious. She sighed and called her back. She spoke to her PokeBall "You've done a great job, you deserve some rest."She got out another Pokemon and yelled at Michael "Get up, the light is gone."She sighed and threw the PokeBall, revealing her Leafeon, who just got really excited to be in the battle. "Leafeon, Nature Power!" Leafeon nodded and started preparing the attack. Since the arena field was made up by sand, dirt and rock, Nature Power turned into Earth Power. The ground beneath Sableye began erupting.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael still wasn't able to see. He got up from the ground and saw Gardevoir fainted.
'Finally, that one was very annoying' Michael thought.
Then Leafeon came out and started using Earth Power. Michael hasn't said anything, but Sableye jumped and dodged Leafeon's attack.
"Great job Sableye. Now use Poison Jab!"Michael commanded and Sableye shot Poison Jab at Leafeon.

"Quick, use Sunny Day!"Riley called out to her Pokemon. "I don't care how many times Sunny Day will ran out, I'll use it again and again until I'm satisfied!"She thought to herself. As the harsh sunlight appeared, Leafeon got hit by the Poison Jab, but due to his ability, Leaf Guard, he only took damage, but didn't get poisoned. "Use Solar Beam!" Since Sunny Day was used, Solar Beam didn't need charging and Leafeon shot a bright beam at his opponent.

Finion had been enjoying the battle between Riley and Michael. At first it looked as if Riley was going to sweep Michael's entire team with her powerful Blaziken but the other trainer was making somewhat of a comeback with his Sableye. Finion got harshly reminded of one of his Pokemon when the Steelix refused to listen to his trainer, the orange haired trainer taking a deep breath and hoping Garfield would do nothing of the sort.
The battle was also good at distracting Finion. He was getting nervous about his upcoming battle but the current one was keeping his attention away from dreading and overthinking.

As Sableye appeared in front of Leafeon, Riley snapped her fingers and Leafeon stare became intense. Leafeons surrounded the foe and all used X-Scissor. After that, the real Leafeon jumped back with heavy breaths, leaving the copies to attack the opponent. "Leafeon is on edge! One more hit and he's done! Better make it count!" Riley thought to herself. As the last copy disappeared, Riley shouted "Leaf Blade!" Leafeon ran towards the foe, his breaths getting heavier by each step.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Sableye wasn't confused by Leafeon because of his eyes. He could see multiple angles at the same moment, so it wasn't hard to him to dodge Leaf Blade. Sableye had new chance while Leafeon was turned around.
"Sableye, use Shadow Ball." Michael said and Sableye shot Shadow Ball at his opponent.
'I wonder what are his two last Pokemon' Michael thought.

As Leafeon turned around, he got hit. The Shadow Ball sent him flying, landing just a feet away from Riley. She sighed frustrated and called Leafeon back. Then, she spoke into his PokeBall "Nice Job, buddy. Get some sleep." She got out another PokeBall and threw it into the air, revealing her Staraptor. He roared angry (in a bird way) and landed on the ground. Staraptor gave the foe a mean look, his Ability, Intimidate, activating. "Staraptor, use Aerial Ace!" Riley called out to him. Staraptor flew high up in the air and then went back down, flying against the ground, ready to hit the Sableye.

"WHAT?!"Riley yelled shocked as her Staraptor's HP has been lowered to the Sableye's amount. "Ugh, you're so cheap! Staraptor, Steel Wing !" Staraptor got send back a couple of feet, couching really bad. His wings became shiny and he dashed for the Sableye. "Ugh, I can't believe it! Staraptor will get knocked out so fast!" Riley thought to herself frustrated.

As Staraptor was too weak to dodge, he got hit by the Dark Pulse. He was knocked to the ground and coughed several times. He tried to get up, but fell to the ground. Riley sighed and called back her Predator Pokemon. She spoke into his PokeBall "Thank you, Staraptor. Even though you were beaten by this guy's cheapness, you did a nice job. Now rest."He got her last PokeBall out and took in a deep breath. "This is it, my last Pokemon. Better make it count."She thought to herself. "EXCADRILL, TIME TO MINE SOME GEMS!!!"Riley roared as she threw her PokeBall, revealing her Excadrill, who showed his shiny claws. Riley had a mad expression on her face and pointed towards the Sableye. "Use Earthquake!" Excadrill nodded and began setting of an earthquake.

This battle had not turned out how he had expected it too. Michael’s come back had been astonishing and now Riley was on her last Pokemon whilst Michael still had Sableye and a burnt Scizor if he was correct. That also meant that the battle was coming to an end and that Finion would soon be up for the second round.
He took a deep breath, looking to Sparky with a small and confident smile before nodding. “Let’s do this” With that he left the stands, heading to the room where one would wait to go into the arena. (Am I getting that right? XD)

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael was happy to see Staraptor go down and Excadrill didn't scare him either.
Excadrill used Earthquake and that logically finished off already weak Sableye.
"Good fight Sableye."Michael said while he put Sableye back in his Pokeball.
"So it's down to this, go Floatzel!" Michael yelled.
Floatzel was poisoned after his battle with Weavile, so that has put Michael in though situation.
"Floatzel, use Aqua Jet." Michael commanded to his Pokémon and Floatzel attacked Excadrill.

"Use Protect and then multiple Dig!" Riley shouted. Excadrill smiled and blocked the attack, then he used Double Team and all of the copies dug their way underground. "Let's see how you attack him now! You can't use Surf or any other attack!" Riley thought to herself. From time to time, copies may pop out of the ground and stick their tongue out at the foe. When the real one popped out of the ground, he used Sandstorm, then went back underground.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Hmmm......", Loki commented," If multiple Dig hit someone like Valdivia, we would be in a tough spot... Though, he does know Fissure, but we would never know which one was the real one. I would not like that to happen, but why would I send a rock type against and ground and steel type?" Loki shook his head, and focused on the one that used Sandstorm. Sandstorm would just give Valdivia the upper hand... he loves the sand... is this a poem that rhymes? ... I can't rhyme anything with rhymes..., Loki thought.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Sandstorm was not best for Michael's Floatzel since he isn't Ground or Rock type. As Excadrill was using Dig, Michael could not do anything to stop him.
"Just wait Floatzel" Michael said.
His Floatzel wasn't very patient, but he decided to wait.
'Poison is gonna make damage to Floatzel soon, so I need to win as quickly as possible' Michael thought

Even though the Sandstorm was making it hard to see, Riley knew exactly where the Excadrill were.She was angry, far angrier than she was in this trip. The trainer made her mad, he actually tried to mess with her. When hr Pokemon fainted, she spoke to them; when his Pokemon fainted, the only one who he complimented was his Sableye. He clearly cared about winning and he would do anything to win, unlike her. But maybe it was just her thought. Maybe he was nice, but outside of battle. "Let's see you figure out this!" Riley thought to herself. She began tapping her foot and the Excadrill understood what she meant. She was using Morse Code. Half of the copies burst out of the ground and used Metal Sound, after Riley covered her ears. Then, they made their way back underground.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael was getting annoyed by all these Excadrills especially after they used Metal Sound.
"Okay, you want to play with clones, let's do it then, Floatzel, use Double Team." Michael said and Floatzel cloned himself multiple times.
"Floatzel, use Rain Dance" Michael commanded and all the copies used Rain Dance.
Rain started falling with great capacity that you could almost tell it is a storm. Rain was soaking the ground.
'It's working. As ground starts soaking more and more, Excadrills are gonna be forced to get back on ground.' Michael thought

"I can do the same thing!"Riley said with a smile. "Use Sandstorm, quick!" A copy of Excadrill popped out of the ground and created a sandstorm, clearing the rain. Then, it went back underground. "Heh, I can keep doing that until the poison destroys your Floatzel!" Then her smile became a frown and thought "I know you'll win, I just want to buy some time to weaken your Floatzel." She was patient, she could've stayed there for another three days if needed.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"So you want to play like this? You want to defeat me by my Pokémon fainting from poison, huh? Then I will just simply to this. Floatzel, use Refresh!"Michael yelled and Floatzel cured his poison.
"Now Floatzel, use Rain Dance." Michael said and heavy rain again started falling.
'Now I just need to wait till he gets on the ground so I can hit him' Michael was thinking.

Riley thought about what Michael said and tapped her foot again. Once again, a copy came from the underground and used Sandstorm, clearing the rain. She tapped her foot again, but this time more angrily. Another copy of Excadrill appeared behind a Floatzel, using Brutal Swing. It got back underground as quick as it came, due to his ability, Sand Rush.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Floatzel dodged Brutal Swing, but didn't have enough time to counter attack.
"Will you actually fight or you will keep screwing around?" Michael asked Riley.
He was starting to be bored by Riley's tactics.
"Floatzel use Rain Dance and first thing that comes out of ground, hit it with Aqua Jet."Michael said to his Pokémon.

"First thing, huh?" Riley thought of Michael's words. "Let see how you anticipate this!" She began tapping her foot at a quick pace and then stopped for a minute. From every corner of the arena came a bundle of rocks which flew into the air. From behind a Floatzel a copy of Excadrill popped out his head and used Sandstorm and then quickly used Smart Strike on the Floatzel in front of him. Then, he quickly made his way back underground.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki went to talk to Finion, but then he realized he was gone. He ran in pursuit of him, to the place where you were waiting to enter the arena place thing. "So... Finion, who d'ya think's gonna win?", he asked," I'm rooting for Michael, as Floatzel could use Hydro Pump inside of the holes, wiping Excadrill out in the process"

As Riley was thinking what to do next, she looked at the crowd out of the corner of her eye once again. Her smile became into a frown and thought frustrated "Why does nobody root for me? I wasn't mean to everyone! Is everybody rooting for Michael because he's a boy? Do they know how mean I am to other people? Ugh, this is so unfair! It's like they are all drawn to this little punk! ... *sighs* If I am going to lose this battle, might as well stop hiding now." She took in a deep breath and shouted "Come out!" All of the Excadrill came out of the ground, smiled cockily and showed their shiny claws. "Heh, I like how they still show off. Now, all of you, use Smart Strike!!" The Subterrene Pokemon all dashed to the Floatzel, ready to stab them with their sharp claws. Riley thought with a smile "This attack never misses! And with the speed gained from the Sandstorm, the real Floatzel has low chances of dodging!"

Last edited:
Wolf was still glued to this battle as if it was his favourite movie. This is like Barry and Palmer all over again. He thought to himself. All these new Pokémon and strategies he saw, Wolf couldn't believe his eyes.

He even got up to his feet in excitement when all of the Excadrill clones emerged from the ground and used Smart Strike simultaneously. "She is pretty extraordinary." He whispered to Katana, who nodded in agreement. It was clear this battle was nearly over, but if it were up to Wolf it would go on for ages.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Yeah, you can say that again." Becca said to the guy, Nathan, who made that comment as thankfully they made it just as the tournament got underway. Her eyes were focused on Michael & Riley in their intense battle as she was clearly in aww and cheered them both on equally as she could never shake the thrill of a good battle.

"Seems pretty close to me, who do you think will win?" Becca asked Nathan given he had been closest to her.